Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time 09:39 - Jan 16 with 9374 viewsNorthernr

What a lovely old time we're going to have. Liveish from 9.45ish.

Arrives. Large swig of whiskey. Good morning to toothy Gary.

Sandro fit for Stoke and YSY the same, a big plus. Armand Traore not fit, got a problem with his toe, other than that we're ok.

Laughs about SWP. Good lad, not a minute's problem, we've offered him a chance to go out on loan. You have opinions on players, some you want and some you don't, that's what makes the game go around. He's got a great contract here, he doesn't want to go on loan, I've told him he needs to move on and play football. I've said it to him many times. Trains well, smashing fella, not a problem to me, but he needs to play. He won't get that money anywhere else so it's hard to move him on.

Man Utd, great game to look forward to, fans look forward to it, players looking forward to playing Man Utd, full of top players.

Pur-lease. This is pathetic.

We gave City a fentastic game, we've played Liverpool here, two of the better teams and given them a good game. We've got to try and get three points.

Ok, now job questions.

Who knows? I've got to beat Man Utd to save my job? Could have picked an easier one couldn't they? Everybody laughs, jolly japes. They've given me great support I've loved every minute of my time here, fentastic relationship with the chairman, I spoke to Tony yesterday, spoken to him all week, he hasn't mentioned anything of that nature. If they decide to go another way that's ok, I won't lose any sleep.

Playing well at home, if we'd beat Swansea here when we were leading into injury time, we'd be sixth or seventh bottom, one win can take you up foru or five places, just got to keep going.

I wouldn't be leaving home at half five this morning if I didn't still have the hunger.

One win and we're level with Everton. It'll go right down to the wire. We've got a group of players that have every chance of staying up.

We should have done better away from home, it's not been good enough.

Richard Dunne has been incredible for this club, fentastic for us last year in the Championship, last 20 minutes at Wembley he was incredible. One fan was upset and had a go, he had a young boy with him, and Clint Hill... I honestly haven't discussed it with the lads... Hill went over and spoke to him about his language in front of the boy.

Great for Charlie Austin to be POTM, well deserved, first I've heard of it, hope he keeps scoring, been brilliant, gives us a chance.

Charlie has proved he's a Premier League player, he wants to play in the Prem I want him to play for QPR in the Premier League.

No idea what he earns, what he's been offered, I don't deal with that at all.

Little Boy Jermaine has gone to Sunderland. Good signing for them. He'll score goals for sure. Too expensive.

Aaron Lennon, good player, no, don't know anything.

Who's putting bets on Aaron Lennon?

Yann M'Villa. Good player., Ruben to Inter. Good player. Don't think Inter have acquired about Adel.

Adel is fine. Just had his breakfast, he's good. Did well last week, worked really 'ard. Very pleased with him, trained well this week. If he's fit to play and train he's a player who can make a difference to you. Trained well. Back in the squad, pleased to have him.

Toothy Gary is now literally just saying names.

Adebayor, good player, very interesting, very good player, he'd be out of our budget I would think. Haven't discussed it.

Sky wnk off question is who is your three for the Balon D'Or and Arry says he likes Messi, Ronaldo and Neuer so he's really gone out on a limb.

The people who worked here before decided that Laurent wasn't good enough and could go. He went round a few places and got offered a deal by Brentford. He worked with the U21 group and the people running the group decided he wasn't going to make it here. Every chance they could be wrong, players get released and go and make it. New people came in and decided they wanted to keep him so we offered him a deal and he decided he wanted to go to Brentford. You're in the hands of the people who work with them every day, the U21s train seperately from the first team. It's a game of opinions. The people here before didn't like him, the new people thought he had a chance but he'd decided to go to Brentford. Wish him the best.

If the young players are good enough they'll play. No good you sticking a load of kids in the team if they can't do it, nobody will say he's only a young player from the youth team he's misisng chances letting goals in don't worry about it. If they're not good enough they can't play. It's an area we're looking to improve. We';re going to invest and we've got one or two kids we feel have a chance. Always has been a priority of mine yeh yeh. Look at my record over the years, I've played kids wherever I've been, if they're good enough. You can't play them if they're not good enough.

I've told SWP he need sto go out on loan or permanently. He's not going to move if he's got a fentastic contract. If you're earning X amount and somebody is offering you nowhere near that you're not going to go. I like him an awful lot, he comes out, trains hard, earns fentastic money, had a chance to go on loan to Blackburn, Bolton, one or two clubs, Charlton, tells me I'm not interested, doesn't want to know, wouldn't consider it. He doesn't want to go on loan. Nobody will pay the same money he earns here, difficult innit? You can't blame the boy, if you're earning 1000 a week and you're offeredd 100 a week you're not going to go. Nobody is blaming him, he's got a great contract.

We invested in the summer. The only unlucky one was Remy going, everything was in place, we had Remy with Charlie and there were goals there. We lost Remy and it was too late to replace him. Board excellent, backed me, no complaints. I'd let one or two go if I could and we can maybe get a good loan in but it's not easy to shioft people or get people in on loan at this time of year.

Niko was injured last week, trained this.

Adel been fine. All we ask him to do is come and train.

We're not far off where we're supposed to be. Let's be honest, look at Everton, I love the manager, he's fentastic, they've got 21 or 22 points you'd think they'd have more. We're down there, you wouldn't have to be too clever at the start to pick the teams that would be down there. Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, Man City will be at the top, Southampton are a surprise. If we'd beaten Swansea we'd be at a point a game which is where we're looking to be.

It's up to people who own the club, their choice, I can only do my best, if it's not good enough that's up to other people, it's not easy, I'm not sitting here thinking we should be in the top six we're scrapping away with other teams we all thought would be down there.

Fans been fentastic, great support at home, home form excellent, could have had another five or six points, Liverpool and Swansea conceding in injury time, winning against Man City late. The away form is poor, we're the first to admit it, it's how many points you get, not where you get them from. We need enough points to make sure we stay up.

Give that dry ice machine a kick would you Joe.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 12:31 - Jan 16 with 1748 viewsJamie

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 12:21 - Jan 16 by nadera78

Harry thinks getting up at 5:30 every morning and driving in from Bournemouth - for £3million a year - proves he's a good guy and committed to the club. Lots of people do similar for a hell of a lot less. Prat.

Worse then that, he's chauffered in by Bondy.
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 12:43 - Jan 16 with 1711 viewsSimonJames

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 12:21 - Jan 16 by nadera78

Harry thinks getting up at 5:30 every morning and driving in from Bournemouth - for £3million a year - proves he's a good guy and committed to the club. Lots of people do similar for a hell of a lot less. Prat.

For £3M, I would probably agree to doing 24/7/365 in my office... at least for the 1st year.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 12:48 - Jan 16 with 1678 viewswestberksr

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 10:53 - Jan 16 by PinnerPaul

I don't think ALL the snipers DO pay a lot of money to watch tbh!

I do, even pay for an extra seat due to the lack of legroom!

so i will be forming a snipe to add in the not too distant future.....

in the meantime, Harry's a khunt.
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 12:49 - Jan 16 with 1677 viewsStanisgod

Run past me again the bit where it says swp " EARNS" good money. FFS.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2015 12:52]

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 12:50 - Jan 16 with 1669 viewswestberksr

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 10:42 - Jan 16 by BostonR

I dont get the constant barrage of bilge spouted on here about HR. I thought he answered the questions well and was honest in his responses.
I guess for those of you that are hoping he goes tmrw if we are beaten, you may have to wait as it appears TF is standing by him - which I hope he is.
HR is right - given where we are in the league is about where most pundits and fans thougt we would be. Some people need to get real!
I hope he stays and keeps us up and dishes out plenty of humble pie to the snipers on this board.

probably due to the constant barrage of dire football he has served up and the incomprehensible signings over the past 2 years; just saying like.
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 12:53 - Jan 16 with 1663 viewsShotKneesHoop

Spouting garbage like that makes Bagpuss look like a shoe in for Louie Walsh on the panel of X Factor. Says "Amazing, unbelievable, outstanding, unique" to SWP type singing talent - then votes them off.

Bagpuss should be a judge on X Factor, along with Meticulous Hughes, Miserable Moaning Git Morinho, and Bullshitter Van Gaaaal.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2015 12:56]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 13:21 - Jan 16 with 1586 viewsMatch82

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 12:49 - Jan 16 by Stanisgod

Run past me again the bit where it says swp " EARNS" good money. FFS.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2015 12:52]

To be fair, it sounded like Harry was doing everything except calling him a money grabbing little shite, no problem with his reaction on that one.

Also interesting, who are these "new people" involved at youth level. Is that just Les, or are there more changes behind the scenes which we don't know about?
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 13:21 - Jan 16 with 1586 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

"Charlie has proved he's a Premier League player, he wants to play in the Prem I want him to play for QPR in the Premier League.

No idea what he earns, what he's been offered, I don't deal with that at all."

If he has no idea what anyone earns because he "don't deal with all that", how the name of Holy gestation times does he know that SWP is on such a good screw??

More porkies than a Walls factory.
Login to get fewer ads

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 13:27 - Jan 16 with 1570 viewsderbyhoop

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 10:28 - Jan 16 by stevec

First one I've watched but you cannot blame Harry for the inane standard of questioning. The Josh Laurent one probably the only question of any value whatsoever.

What is the point of press conferences? Reporters asking a set of questions we already know the answers to. No wonder he trots out the same rhetoric week after week.

Exactly. It's a device that Sky Sports News can use to keep the ticker running with mangerial "quotes" on a day when nothing much is happening.

No manager worth his salt is going to give anything away, nor wind up the opponents.
Clive's take makes it sound more interesting and funnier than it actually is. I feel soory for our esteemed editor having to sit through it.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 13:31 - Jan 16 with 1554 viewsjohncharles

No snipers on here mate. Snipers creep around, stay well hidden making sly little digs
Most of us are standing out in the open and shouting on top of our voices.
Shouting "please God Harry do the decent thing and fck right off"

Strong and stable my arse.

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 13:41 - Jan 16 with 1535 viewsPinnerPaul

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 11:16 - Jan 16 by traininvain

Well I do so I reserve the right to snipe!

Sniping rights are available to all I should have added.
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 13:45 - Jan 16 with 1525 viewsBostonR

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 11:16 - Jan 16 by Rangersw12

Cannot believe you're standing by Redkanpp who clearly doesn't care about Rangers yet wanted us to lose so Holloway who did really care would get sacked...unbelievable

You can't be proper Rangers
[Post edited 16 Jan 2015 11:25]

Been a proper Rs fan for over 45yrs and most of that as a season ticket holder. So, I care a great deal about the club and have seen great teams, awful teams, great managers, poor managers etc.
HR is not a poor manager and we dont have a great team and right now I think he is doing an ok job as is our Chairman.
Most on here fire my Ollie post at me but I always respond and ask do you really remember how poor the hoofball was during his time? I see he is working miracles at Millwall now!
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 13:50 - Jan 16 with 1513 viewsTheBlob

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 13:31 - Jan 16 by johncharles

No snipers on here mate. Snipers creep around, stay well hidden making sly little digs
Most of us are standing out in the open and shouting on top of our voices.
Shouting "please God Harry do the decent thing and fck right off"

Plenty of grassy knolls around Shepherd's Bush.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 14:27 - Jan 16 with 1436 viewsShotKneesHoop

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 13:45 - Jan 16 by BostonR

Been a proper Rs fan for over 45yrs and most of that as a season ticket holder. So, I care a great deal about the club and have seen great teams, awful teams, great managers, poor managers etc.
HR is not a poor manager and we dont have a great team and right now I think he is doing an ok job as is our Chairman.
Most on here fire my Ollie post at me but I always respond and ask do you really remember how poor the hoofball was during his time? I see he is working miracles at Millwall now!

Boston R. You should have gone to Specsavers. You'll be saying that SWP deserves a new contract on that basis.

We don't have a great team, I agree ...... because we have had two shyte managers in 4 years and a naive chairman throughout both their reigns who thinks he can buy success.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 14:46 - Jan 16 with 1402 viewsQPRDave

Great Press conference i thought....Handled the situation very well.
Spoke concisely and intelligently about the problems we have and how we might overcome them..........Bravo
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 14:51 - Jan 16 with 1382 viewsHunterhoop

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 14:46 - Jan 16 by QPRDave

Great Press conference i thought....Handled the situation very well.
Spoke concisely and intelligently about the problems we have and how we might overcome them..........Bravo

Are you Harry Redknapp, himself?

Or, perhaps your Kevin Bond?

Maybe Sandra?
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 14:55 - Jan 16 with 1376 viewsQPunkR

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 14:51 - Jan 16 by Hunterhoop

Maybe Sandra?

Rosie47

QPR - "shit but local"

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 15:13 - Jan 16 with 1340 viewsQPRDave

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 14:51 - Jan 16 by Hunterhoop

Maybe Sandra?

Why do you ask?

Are you northern's boyfriend?
or perhaps your his mum?
maybe his aunty?
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 15:19 - Jan 16 with 1317 viewsQPRDave

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 14:55 - Jan 16 by QPunkR

Rosie47

Girlfriend?
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 15:25 - Jan 16 with 1294 viewsQPunkR

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 15:19 - Jan 16 by QPRDave

Girlfriend?

You go out with Arry's dog? Shirley just for the £

QPR - "shit but local"

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 15:32 - Jan 16 with 1279 viewsShotKneesHoop

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 15:19 - Jan 16 by QPRDave

Girlfriend?

How long is your contract for digging the Crossrail tunnel?

You must be almost there now!
[Post edited 16 Jan 2015 15:33]

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 15:32 - Jan 16 with 1278 viewsBostonR

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 14:27 - Jan 16 by ShotKneesHoop

Boston R. You should have gone to Specsavers. You'll be saying that SWP deserves a new contract on that basis.

We don't have a great team, I agree ...... because we have had two shyte managers in 4 years and a naive chairman throughout both their reigns who thinks he can buy success.

Well in a way they have been sucessful.

Championship winners, two seasons in the premier league, play-off winners - promoted- and correct me if I am wrong we are not relegated yet.

These are facts and I would say a lot of football clubs would kill for that form. Be careful what you wish for.......
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 15:45 - Jan 16 with 1256 viewsShotKneesHoop

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 15:32 - Jan 16 by BostonR

Well in a way they have been sucessful.

Championship winners, two seasons in the premier league, play-off winners - promoted- and correct me if I am wrong we are not relegated yet.

These are facts and I would say a lot of football clubs would kill for that form. Be careful what you wish for.......

How does relegated twice in three years sound? Or £130 million pissed up the wall sound?

Or no academy, no decent training ground, no decent ground, no juniors getting a sniff of a game sound to most people. Doesn't sound very good, does it?

What does sound good is this :- QPR winning the League Cup with seven, yes, seven, repeat 7 ex juniors in Springett, Hazell, Sibley, Morgan I, Morgan R, Hunt, Keen, with the help of Lazarus, who only got sold to other clubs to come back to QPR at a profit, Sanderson, an amateur, Marsh, a charysmatic genius of a footballer and Gentleman Jim Langley. All managed by Sir Alec, and rubbed down with a cold sponge by Jimmy Andrews.

That is the QPR Gold Standard .. and there was Planters Peanuts on sale inside the ground too.

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 15:50 - Jan 16 with 1244 viewsWilloW4

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 13:45 - Jan 16 by BostonR

Are you having the proverbial laugh Boston R? Redknapp is not a poor manager!? WHAt? And he is doing an ok job? WHAT? Question for ya BostonR...'how has redknapp still got a job? His record is diabolical.any other manager would surely have got the tin tac by now... Like you, I've been going to the R's for over 40 years..and I've had enough of redknapp and his easy ticket cronies....don't understand how any Rangers fan still wants these money grabbing lazy attitude bastards at our club.!!!
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 17:22 - Jan 16 with 1157 viewsBostonR

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 15:50 - Jan 16 by WilloW4

Are you having the proverbial laugh Boston R? Redknapp is not a poor manager!? WHAt? And he is doing an ok job? WHAT? Question for ya BostonR...'how has redknapp still got a job? His record is diabolical.any other manager would surely have got the tin tac by now... Like you, I've been going to the R's for over 40 years..and I've had enough of redknapp and his easy ticket cronies....don't understand how any Rangers fan still wants these money grabbing lazy attitude bastards at our club.!!!

So the answer is to keep sacking managers and slating the Board?
As I have said before you should be careful what you wish for......

We are not relegated yet or have I missed something?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024