Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What has Monk & Co done to us??? 16:59 - Feb 1 with 21973 viewsUplandsJack

At game today and oh my god we are SHIT!!!
We are simply unrecognisable to the team of recent times...
We are playing with a back 3 (as Taylor is cooking useless)
And a front 2 of Gomis & Shelvey... Dyer might as well be at
Home the use he is... We are just kicking the ball upfield and
Giving away possession for them to attack again and again...
14% possession is an all time low for us while in PL...
The only suprise so far is that we are still in in ( of sorts) as its 0-0...
Let's hope the 2nd half offers us travelling Jacks a lot more!!!
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 18:10 - Feb 1 with 2058 viewsParlay

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 18:02 - Feb 1 by acejack3065

Just let it go and enjoy the win for once in your life. Really.

Let what go? Who says I'm not enjoying the win?

I am objective in defeat and I'm objective in victory.

Because we won a single game after some pretty horrendous football for 45 mins isnt going to make me strip naked and dance around singing every thing is awesome from the lego movie.

We have some glaring holes in our tactics and our gameplay, today we won. Superb and a vital 3 points. But to pretend we are playing well right now would be disingenuous.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 18:12 - Feb 1 with 2066 viewsHighjack

Lego movie?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 18:16 - Feb 1 with 2036 viewssandmartinbridge

There's nothing related to lucky or unlucky.
Southampton would have gone behind should Shelvey's shot didn't hit the far post , they should have learned from that but they didn't . They again let Shelvey wide open and they paid for it.

Fact is Fabianski made some save plus a solid performance especially from the CB and that's football , you defend well,you catch your chance then you win it.

The only team that can play the way they want and win most of the game would be only the Barcelona under Guardiola.

The first half performance wasn't good but its always a tough game to play in St.Mary . And what can you expect from Carroll + Fulton? Whom have seldom played (or never?) together before.

Maybe the way they played is not what we expected but the players worked their socks off from the first second til the final whistle.

Overall i am fully satisfied with it.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2015 18:18]
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 18:17 - Feb 1 with 2033 viewslibertine

what hes done is won us a game

yeeeeeeeeeeeees

hes used the players we have at our disposal and won us a massive game

brilliaaaaaaaaaaaant
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 18:18 - Feb 1 with 2029 viewsacejack3065

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 18:10 - Feb 1 by Parlay

Let what go? Who says I'm not enjoying the win?

I am objective in defeat and I'm objective in victory.

Because we won a single game after some pretty horrendous football for 45 mins isnt going to make me strip naked and dance around singing every thing is awesome from the lego movie.

We have some glaring holes in our tactics and our gameplay, today we won. Superb and a vital 3 points. But to pretend we are playing well right now would be disingenuous.

Objective in victory?

We have just sold our top goal scorer, our entire starting midfield is out injured or suspended, we had an injury within 15 minutes and our form hasn't been great after a difficult christmas and January period.

We have just come away from St Mary's with 3 points after executing a game plan designed to frustrate and possibly steal a goal after getting to the half with the scores at 0-0. This was our game plan because our midfield has been stripped and Southampton are 4th in the league. We could have set up like Villa and been ruined but we played to our strengths, defended with our bodies on the line and nicked that all important goal. The set up and tactics worked.

Yeah it wasn't pretty, yeah we rode our luck and yeah we didnt deserve all three points but when the whistle went we had scored more goals and had a clean sheet.

How's that for objectivity? Just lighten up, grab a beer and enjoy the great away win.
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 18:22 - Feb 1 with 1999 viewsperchrockjack

Today was backs to the wall with a thread bare squad. Player injured after 15 minutes ,replaced and whole team dig in.

Times like these you can only be dissatisfied if uou have other agendas.

Great backs tonthecwall stuff to make a normal fan proud.

Parlay not normal in any way

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 18:25 - Feb 1 with 1973 viewsParlay

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 18:18 - Feb 1 by acejack3065

Objective in victory?

We have just sold our top goal scorer, our entire starting midfield is out injured or suspended, we had an injury within 15 minutes and our form hasn't been great after a difficult christmas and January period.

We have just come away from St Mary's with 3 points after executing a game plan designed to frustrate and possibly steal a goal after getting to the half with the scores at 0-0. This was our game plan because our midfield has been stripped and Southampton are 4th in the league. We could have set up like Villa and been ruined but we played to our strengths, defended with our bodies on the line and nicked that all important goal. The set up and tactics worked.

Yeah it wasn't pretty, yeah we rode our luck and yeah we didnt deserve all three points but when the whistle went we had scored more goals and had a clean sheet.

How's that for objectivity? Just lighten up, grab a beer and enjoy the great away win.

Yes objective in victory,

I am fully aware of the holes in the squad. But these poor tactics and this wayward gameplay was here before these holes appeared and they were still evident in that first half. Second half was much improved and we got the victory the performance in that half deserved.

But to say we have been playing well and the people who have raised concerns are wrong because we won a game is naive.

Just my view.

Forum celebrity

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 18:28 - Feb 1 with 1973 viewsSweyns_Eye

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 18:18 - Feb 1 by acejack3065

Objective in victory?

To be fair to Parlay I was thinking the same too. But then you come back with your reasoned response above and I think you sum it up perfectly, well done. I think Monk got his tactics spot on today, risky though as another defeat and the knives would have been out for him sharper than ever.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Login to get fewer ads

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 18:29 - Feb 1 with 1960 viewsParlay

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 18:22 - Feb 1 by perchrockjack

Today was backs to the wall with a thread bare squad. Player injured after 15 minutes ,replaced and whole team dig in.

Times like these you can only be dissatisfied if uou have other agendas.

Great backs tonthecwall stuff to make a normal fan proud.

Parlay not normal in any way

Hi Richard. If you have me on ignore then stop mentioning me there is a good chap.

If you dont... Lets chat.

Forum celebrity

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 18:30 - Feb 1 with 1969 viewsacejack3065

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 18:25 - Feb 1 by Parlay

I am fully aware of the holes in the squad. But these poor tactics and this wayward gameplay was here before these holes appeared and they were still evident in that first half. Second half was much improved and we got the victory the performance in that half deserved.

But to say we have been playing well and the people who have raised concerns are wrong because we won a game is naive.

Just my view.

Our tactics worked perfectly today. We could never play an open game with Carroll, Fulton and Jonjo in the midfield.

We are two wins away from safety. That's more important than any other stat right now.

Imagine how well we will go when we get our form back, we will beat the big teams like we did earlier this season.
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 18:39 - Feb 1 with 1935 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Like I said on another thread we didn't used to have a Plan B, now we have a Plan B which works some of the time and posters are not happy because we are not palying the way we used to when were loosing because we didn't have a Plan B.
Can't please all the people can you.
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 18:42 - Feb 1 with 1920 viewsacejack3065

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 18:28 - Feb 1 by Sweyns_Eye

To be fair to Parlay I was thinking the same too. But then you come back with your reasoned response above and I think you sum it up perfectly, well done. I think Monk got his tactics spot on today, risky though as another defeat and the knives would have been out for him sharper than ever.

Thanks for that!

I think if we'd gone out to play the ball about we'd have ended up like Villa.

Go for a point, play for a point, smash and grab. Without going all Alan Partridge it was classic away performance.
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 18:48 - Feb 1 with 1899 viewsKilkennyjack

1 point would have been great. 3 points is massive. God bless Ashley.

Beware of the Risen People

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 18:49 - Feb 1 with 1894 viewsHighjack

Someone danced naked in a lego movie?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 19:14 - Feb 1 with 1851 viewsdobjack2

Rode our luck and nicked a goal. How many times have we seen that at the liberty.
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 19:19 - Feb 1 with 1754 viewsmacthejack

When Laudrup employed these exact same tactics he was hailed as a genius.

People just don't like Garry Monk, which is strange considering what he's done for the club. The OP can sod off and support someone like Cardiff. Good enough for you! Or try another sport football clearly isn't bringing you much joy. Crack a smile you miserable gits ;)
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 19:21 - Feb 1 with 1744 viewsacejack3065

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 19:19 - Feb 1 by macthejack

When Laudrup employed these exact same tactics he was hailed as a genius.

People just don't like Garry Monk, which is strange considering what he's done for the club. The OP can sod off and support someone like Cardiff. Good enough for you! Or try another sport football clearly isn't bringing you much joy. Crack a smile you miserable gits ;)

Nooooooooooooooo!!!

Don't use the L word! Not tonight!
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 19:23 - Feb 1 with 1721 viewsmacthejack

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 19:21 - Feb 1 by acejack3065

Nooooooooooooooo!!!

Don't use the L word! Not tonight!

Sorry I wasn't thinking. Enjoy your worms everybody!!!

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 19:44 - Feb 1 with 1677 viewsSimonM

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 18:06 - Feb 1 by Neath_Jack

Both Sky pundits raving over our performance. But what do those two footballers know eh??

[Post edited 1 Feb 2015 21:56]

Spot on!
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 19:45 - Feb 1 with 1677 viewsswansealad69

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 17:40 - Feb 1 by hydraulicjack

Now who's talking sh*t you nob

Who the fu.k u callung a nob.
U were talking sh.t saying they are 4th.
And wile we did better in the second and won? It dont hide the fact the last time we played well was spurs.
So before u get all fecking brave and abusive think about what u are saying
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 19:51 - Feb 1 with 1656 viewsStarsky

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 19:45 - Feb 1 by swansealad69

Who the fu.k u callung a nob.
U were talking sh.t saying they are 4th.
And wile we did better in the second and won? It dont hide the fact the last time we played well was spurs.
So before u get all fecking brave and abusive think about what u are saying

Have you seen how many players in midfield that weren't available?
Siggy
Montero
Ki
Britton
Emnes (injured early on)
Routledge

Brilliant win with a very lightweight team.

It's just the internet, init.

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 20:09 - Feb 1 with 1519 viewsParlay

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 18:06 - Feb 1 by Neath_Jack

Both Sky pundits raving over our performance. But what do those two footballers know eh??

[Post edited 1 Feb 2015 21:56]

Anyone who bases or confirms their opinion on what SKY pundits say - terrify me.

Forum celebrity

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 20:13 - Feb 1 with 1506 viewsfootball2301

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 18:25 - Feb 1 by Parlay

Just my view.

your view as usual aint worth a w nk
What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 20:14 - Feb 1 with 1498 viewsperchrockjack

Simply those feeling a little put out by us actually dogging a result..
Fook the beauty, fook the aesthetics as people can support chelski arse for that...

Football is sometimes simply about guts and today all the players dug in.

Don't like it, then tough,,monk not the man for the job? Trust me, few outside swansea see it get way

What has Monk & Co done to us??? on 20:14 - Feb 1 with 1498 viewsperchrockjack

Simply those feeling a little put out by us actually dogging a result..
Fook the beauty, fook the aesthetics as people can support chelski arse for that...

Football is sometimes simply about guts and today all the players dug in.

Don't like it, then tough,,monk not the man for the job? Trust me, few outside swansea see it get wayw

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024