Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
increasing crowds 07:23 - Mar 19 with 4544 viewsjoecooke

Instead of charging a fiver for u16s,how about giving away free season tickets to u16s,dishing them out at all high schools.

I live in Leigh these days and my lad(14) will go with his pals to watch the rugby and spend a few quid and contribute to the atmosphere.

Just a thought!

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

increasing crowds on 09:43 - Mar 19 with 4456 viewstazzydjr

More chance of hell freezing over

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

increasing crowds on 09:53 - Mar 19 with 4441 viewsTrue_blue

So let's have a guess that out of our current attendances, we have maybe 300 under 16s which is the equivalent to £1,500 per game.. So over the course of the season that's £34,500 not including any cup games either.
A club like us can't just give away free season tickets at a cost like that.
increasing crowds on 10:02 - Mar 19 with 4420 viewsdingdangblue

I know they have free season tickets for 7 and under but they need to/if they don't already give free tickets out for EVERY game to EVERY 6 and 7 year old in EVERY school in the borough. Even if 100 turned up with their mums/dads it would be worth it.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

increasing crowds on 10:03 - Mar 19 with 4420 viewsoa85

increasing crowds on 09:53 - Mar 19 by True_blue

So let's have a guess that out of our current attendances, we have maybe 300 under 16s which is the equivalent to £1,500 per game.. So over the course of the season that's £34,500 not including any cup games either.

We did £10 season tickets for under 16's the season before last. It attracted all the local scrotes who had very little interest in Latics and were more interested in causing trouble. There were reports of opposition fans having their hair set on fire and coach windows being bricked on more than one occasion. One away supporter complained he got hit in the head by a crème egg thrown over the barrier from the home support. I know some of you will say this is a regular occurance at BP but I can assure you it is not. Safe to say the offer hasn't been used since.
increasing crowds on 10:06 - Mar 19 with 4412 viewsoff2div1

if 300 x pies drinks kit etc will not equal 34K but will reduce that cost + how many extra dads will come.Short term loss long term gain.
increasing crowds on 11:00 - Mar 19 with 4343 views1mark1

I would propose free to all attending full time education, so long as they can prove they are in full time education, AND attend with paying adult. Many of the students would bring an adult also like been mentioned extra refreshments sold, increased attendances, etc.

WE should do more to publicise that we do cheaper tickets for the unemployed and those on tax credits. As it is they need one of those cards issued by the council, (name forgotten) but I think if someone can prove they are out of work or on tax credits etc, they should be able to get a lower cost match ticket. I would imagine most of those already entitled to cheaper tickets already get them through this scheme, so this would in the main be new people and money.

Do the U21's and Uni students get cheaper admittance? If no we should do it I believe.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

increasing crowds on 11:23 - Mar 19 with 4310 viewszxcvbnm

Kids for a quid - loads of clubs do it - £23 for an u16 some do 18 season ticket

Poll: Best loanee keeper

increasing crowds on 20:23 - Mar 19 with 4099 viewsRowZ

increasing crowds on 11:00 - Mar 19 by 1mark1

I would propose free to all attending full time education, so long as they can prove they are in full time education, AND attend with paying adult. Many of the students would bring an adult also like been mentioned extra refreshments sold, increased attendances, etc.

WE should do more to publicise that we do cheaper tickets for the unemployed and those on tax credits. As it is they need one of those cards issued by the council, (name forgotten) but I think if someone can prove they are out of work or on tax credits etc, they should be able to get a lower cost match ticket. I would imagine most of those already entitled to cheaper tickets already get them through this scheme, so this would in the main be new people and money.

Do the U21's and Uni students get cheaper admittance? If no we should do it I believe.

It's £12 for under 21s in TDS. We are one of the only clubs in the league that have this offer. Also does nobody else think that £5 for under 16s is actually reasonable and we should really be looking at better offers for other age groups. (E.g.) adult and Oap for £25
Login to get fewer ads

increasing crowds on 20:34 - Mar 19 with 4072 viewspnc4eva1

Crowds at teams like Rochdale, Oldham and Bury will never really swell due to the media machine that follows the Premier league. We may attract one or two out of every hundred attending.

However, primary school tickets could add to the crowds for the remaining games of the season. This also increases the sale of items in the ground before, during and after the game.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

increasing crowds on 20:42 - Mar 19 with 4054 views1mark1

increasing crowds on 20:23 - Mar 19 by RowZ

It's £12 for under 21s in TDS. We are one of the only clubs in the league that have this offer. Also does nobody else think that £5 for under 16s is actually reasonable and we should really be looking at better offers for other age groups. (E.g.) adult and Oap for £25

Thanks for that. Yes £5 is reasonable, as it is, but the OP was thinking of ways of attracting more along. Yes we should look at ways of attracting ALL groups of fans, that's why I mentioned about low paid , unemployed people.

More 3 for 2 type offers could and should be made, 2 adults for £30, anything that can help more people watch. One idea when such promotions are run, maybe the ST holders can be given a voucher or something as well, as of course they can lose out-what do others think? Maybe also a free Match Programme.

increasing crowds on 21:03 - Mar 19 with 4014 viewsTalkingSutty

increasing crowds on 20:42 - Mar 19 by 1mark1

Thanks for that. Yes £5 is reasonable, as it is, but the OP was thinking of ways of attracting more along. Yes we should look at ways of attracting ALL groups of fans, that's why I mentioned about low paid , unemployed people.

More 3 for 2 type offers could and should be made, 2 adults for £30, anything that can help more people watch. One idea when such promotions are run, maybe the ST holders can be given a voucher or something as well, as of course they can lose out-what do others think? Maybe also a free Match Programme.

Designate a few Tuesday night games or even a Saturday 'Pay what you can' game but advertise the offer around the town well in advance leading up to the game. Get it in the local paper, advertise it near the tills in Supermarkets and get it on local radio, create a buzz.

It's all well coming up with initiatives but if you don't spread the word around the town and continue right up to the game it falls on deaf ears. I sometimes feel that past efforts have only been advertised to the current fanbase which defeats the object.
increasing crowds on 21:08 - Mar 19 with 3997 views1mark1

increasing crowds on 21:03 - Mar 19 by TalkingSutty

Designate a few Tuesday night games or even a Saturday 'Pay what you can' game but advertise the offer around the town well in advance leading up to the game. Get it in the local paper, advertise it near the tills in Supermarkets and get it on local radio, create a buzz.

It's all well coming up with initiatives but if you don't spread the word around the town and continue right up to the game it falls on deaf ears. I sometimes feel that past efforts have only been advertised to the current fanbase which defeats the object.

Well said indeed.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 21:09]

increasing crowds on 22:01 - Mar 19 with 3908 viewsRockerdale97

increasing crowds on 21:08 - Mar 19 by 1mark1

Well said indeed.

Flexi Tickets scheme. The club picks Five games that people can choose to come when they can etc. The fan can get 3 games for £36 out of the five chosen for the club or £50 for all five games (10er a game) . In any area then get £5 off for one of the big games (Oldham, Bury, Preston etc). Get their details on a database get the players to ring them up when they aren't preparing for the game. Advertise it in the town.

Just a suggestion.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 22:03]
increasing crowds (n/t) on 22:01 - Mar 19 with 3908 viewsRockerdale97

increasing crowds on 21:08 - Mar 19 by 1mark1

Well said indeed.

increasing crowds on 22:07 - Mar 19 with 3897 viewsRockerdale97

another suggestion. Fan Zone in the Ratcliffe or on the 3G pitch Get families involved. Get desmond down, get players not involved in the game down sign autographs etc get a band playing before the game. Crossbar challenge. Dads vs Lads Sell merchandise there. Have competitions for family of the week who get to go down to the dugout before the game. Competitions for discounted tickets for next home games.
increasing crowds on 22:07 - Mar 19 with 3896 viewspedrodale

I reckonr it should be free entry for anyone under 11years.
At the moment many of the season tiket holders between age 7 and 10 dont go to night matches so not really gaining anything by buying a season ticket.
increasing crowds on 00:46 - Mar 20 with 3799 viewsPaulHeymanGuy

If the kid brings a dad or older person then they'd pay so it's not all doom and gloom
increasing crowds on 04:30 - Mar 20 with 3766 viewsPorlicks

I think it's all barking up the wrong tree.

You don't build brand loyalty by simply reducing the prices for a short time. They are good for raising the attendance for a one-off game when you think you might lose a lot of fans to a rival product (TV games, Xmas shopping, etc).

I said on another thread, unless the match day experience is enjoyable (not just the match), then people won't come back. We've even seen supporters on this board talk about not really caring if they miss a match or not (perhaps I'm thinking of the Coleman days...)

What does the club provide to encourage the following groups to attend a match?

Young children (4-9)
Kids and young teens (10 - 16)
young adults (17 - 21)
adults (22+)

Completely arbitrary grouping I admit, but the motivations of each are quite different, and I don't think "we play some good football on the pitch" will cut it (although of course it helps).

Who are YOU with?

increasing crowds on 07:36 - Mar 20 with 3707 viewsaleanddale

If we had a chance of 6th place going into the MK game on 25th April and we properly advertised the game with a mind blowing admission price - let's say £10 entry all stands....

How many Dale fans do you think we could get to come to the game?

7000 home fans surely?

MK will only be bringing 300 tops - they can have two sections of wilbuts closest to the Sandy Lane.
increasing crowds on 11:02 - Mar 20 with 3615 viewsTVOS1907

increasing crowds on 07:36 - Mar 20 by aleanddale

If we had a chance of 6th place going into the MK game on 25th April and we properly advertised the game with a mind blowing admission price - let's say £10 entry all stands....

How many Dale fans do you think we could get to come to the game?

7000 home fans surely?

MK will only be bringing 300 tops - they can have two sections of wilbuts closest to the Sandy Lane.

7000???

Has that partial eclipse gone to your head, ale?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

increasing crowds on 12:35 - Mar 20 with 3560 viewsDickydaler

One other possibility that I don't think has been mentioned is reducing the OAP age to 60. At the moment it is 65. Quite a few clubs now have 60 as a concession. A lot of people take early retirement and have more time on their hands, and in many circumstances less money to spend.
A bit tongue in cheek, this suggestion, because I do have an ulterior motive. I'm 61!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024