Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Ramsey two year deal? 08:24 - May 6 with 20096 viewsHayesender

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qpr-confirm-chris-ramsey-manager-564

Well hellooooooooo league 1

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 08:33 - May 6 with 6417 viewsDiscodroids

im convinced that fernandes is the premiership version of burgess, blunt, philby and mclean ..an agent provoctaeur most foul.

why dont you go the whole hog tone, and get john carver in as assistant and joe kinnear as first team coach.

a bronze statue of bondy outside the loft to commemorate his achievements warming harrys slippers would be nice as well.

ffs.

A Number One.

Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 08:46 - May 6 with 6382 viewsscot1963

Well that's not what you want to read first thing in the morning. The only good news in that article is the mention of some of the departures in the last paragraph
Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 09:00 - May 6 with 6313 viewspaulparker

if true TF has learnt fcuk all
This is the biggest pre season in our history the one where we need a manager who is going to re shape this club from top to bottom but we go with nice guy Chris, a coach and a stand in manager who is tactically inept , 4-4-2 smash it long to Zamora , the cheap option
Well here is a prediction he won't see 6 months in charge , you watch as we will probably do a Fulham then we will replace with fat Sam or another dinosaur and will have completely wasted the chance to sort this club out , this will be followed by another positive tweet by TF telling us Warren Farm will be ready by 2054
The club is a joke

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 09:08 - May 6 with 6276 viewsBushman

Noooooooooooooo

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 09:09 - May 6 with 6276 viewsRangersw12

Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 09:00 - May 6 by paulparker

This is the biggest pre season in our history the one where we need a manager who is going to re shape this club from top to bottom but we go with nice guy Chris, a coach and a stand in manager who is tactically inept , 4-4-2 smash it long to Zamora , the cheap option
Well here is a prediction he won't see 6 months in charge , you watch as we will probably do a Fulham then we will replace with fat Sam or another dinosaur and will have completely wasted the chance to sort this club out , this will be followed by another positive tweet by TF telling us Warren Farm will be ready by 2054
The club is a joke

I can see your point but I think he deserves to be judged after he has put his own team together .

I'm convinced he doesn't want to just just hit it long to Zamora in a basic 442 but with the squad we have and the serious lack of pace it's probably the best option
Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 09:13 - May 6 with 6245 viewsPinnerPaul

I beg to differ, I don't think many of you have learned anything from last 4 years.

Calls for yet another new manager and a shed load of new players.

And guess what - if we're not in the top 6 come November, you'll be back on here asking for exactly the same thing allover again.

I realise there are many players out of contract and 2 or 3 are likely to be sold but can't we give Ramsey a chance at least to build a decent Championship side and see where that takes us?

I'm not convinced the "dream" manager that guarantees success is out there, even less so a dream owner.

PS

Little news article interested me today - Bournemouth's accounts for LAST season( 13/14) show a large loss and FC has substantial debt, provided from their Russian owner - if loss & debt repeated this season they are likely to currently have a debt approaching £40M - maybe success not ALL down to the genius that is Eddie Howe after all!
Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 09:15 - May 6 with 6240 viewsMytch_QPR

Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 09:09 - May 6 by Rangersw12

I can see your point but I think he deserves to be judged after he has put his own team together .

I'm convinced he doesn't want to just just hit it long to Zamora in a basic 442 but with the squad we have and the serious lack of pace it's probably the best option

Agree.
We were trying a different style when Vargas was injured. CR can only work with the players Harry put together. It's amazing how everyone already knows that next season is going to be a disaster - maybe they are the same people who were going to boycott all the games if we appointed Warnock.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 09:19 - May 6 with 6218 viewsPinnerPaul

Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 09:15 - May 6 by Mytch_QPR

Agree.
We were trying a different style when Vargas was injured. CR can only work with the players Harry put together. It's amazing how everyone already knows that next season is going to be a disaster - maybe they are the same people who were going to boycott all the games if we appointed Warnock.

Indeed, I'll be posting our Championship relegation odds later in the summer and see how many are going to lump on - there won't be many!
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 09:20 - May 6 with 6202 viewsPommyhoop

Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 09:15 - May 6 by Mytch_QPR

Agree.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 09:27 - May 6 with 6169 viewsstevec

So this weekend I can look forward to;
relegation
Chris Ramsey handed a 2 year deal
SNP/Labour/LibDem coalition
Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 09:32 - May 6 with 6138 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 09:13 - May 6 by PinnerPaul

I beg to differ, I don't think many of you have learned anything from last 4 years.

Calls for yet another new manager and a shed load of new players.

And guess what - if we're not in the top 6 come November, you'll be back on here asking for exactly the same thing allover again.

I realise there are many players out of contract and 2 or 3 are likely to be sold but can't we give Ramsey a chance at least to build a decent Championship side and see where that takes us?

I'm not convinced the "dream" manager that guarantees success is out there, even less so a dream owner.

PS

Little news article interested me today - Bournemouth's accounts for LAST season( 13/14) show a large loss and FC has substantial debt, provided from their Russian owner - if loss & debt repeated this season they are likely to currently have a debt approaching £40M - maybe success not ALL down to the genius that is Eddie Howe after all!

Great post mate.
Give the bloke a chance I say. We have been better since he took over despite the lack of points. Silly errors late in games and injuries have caused most of our problems.
Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 09:36 - May 6 with 6119 viewsTHEBUSH

I admit Chris Ramsey don't seem an inspiring choice as our new manager, although the Mirror story, might not be true ?

Anyway, for me as some others think, it's all about what players Ramsey/DoF/ or a new manager, in who they can bring in.

Whoever it is, he needs to get rid of the old guard, probably apart from Hill and Dunne and let all who are out of contract go, no time for sentiment.
Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 09:38 - May 6 with 6104 viewsessextaxiboy

I am happy to give him a go . A baptism of fire with no transfer window , a dressing room of seasoned pros many who are loyal to the ex manager . We have played badly in maybe 2 games under him .
Warburton may be a better bet but there is an equal chance he would fail at another club , we may be posting about bullet dodging with him come Christmas. Clement ? experienced in coaching the very best mentored by the very experienced.A gamble IMO .
A young side built by a young manager with something to prove ..I can get behind that ..
[Post edited 6 May 2015 9:40]
Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 09:43 - May 6 with 6067 viewsTheBlob

The trouble is ,and I'm not having a pop,you're going to get his choice of players and if him and they f*ck up you've got another shedload of numpties to shift the next season.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 09:44 - May 6 with 6064 viewsstevec

I'm convinced, especially now he's got that left midfield position sorted out.
Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 09:48 - May 6 with 6039 viewsessextaxiboy

Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 09:43 - May 6 by TheBlob

The trouble is ,and I'm not having a pop,you're going to get his choice of players and if him and they f*ck up you've got another shedload of numpties to shift the next season.

But that holds true for any manager and in addition they would have to.agree to work with Ferdinand or thats another plan abandoned ..
Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 10:07 - May 6 with 5956 viewstimcocking

Fine by me.
Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 10:17 - May 6 with 5924 viewsSimonJames

Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 09:09 - May 6 by Rangersw12

Hughes (experienced manager) put a team together... failed.
'Arry (experienced manager) put a team together... failed.
Why should this time be any different?

It seems to me we need a philosophy/style of play before we appoint another manager. Who is going to define that? Certainly not Tone. Sir Les? Or do we recruit a manager that brings a style that suits us?

100% of people who drink water will die.

Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 10:22 - May 6 with 5899 viewsHayesender

Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 09:44 - May 6 by stevec

I'm convinced, especially now he's got that left midfield position sorted out.

"We've got Karl Karl Henry on the wing on the wing, we've got Karl Karl Henry on the wing on the wing" repeat till fade

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 10:35 - May 6 with 5858 viewswombat

Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 10:22 - May 6 by Hayesender

"We've got Karl Karl Henry on the wing on the wing, we've got Karl Karl Henry on the wing on the wing" repeat till fade

no matter who comes in has a huge rebuilding job ahead , what is it something like 16 players out of contract come the end of june , plus probably losing phillips austin the chief hopefully caulker

we lose both full backs probably
have no strikers probably

who ever comes in has a massive job ahead and hopefully after we get sunday out of the way they start work on the monday

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 10:37 - May 6 with 5850 viewsPommyhoop

Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 09:00 - May 6 by paulparker

The club is a joke

With respect PP if this is true its so against TF's norm that maybe he HAS learnt something.
He normally goes for the glamorous headline catcher manager if there's one available.
Also if your prediction is right and he ditches CR after 6 months that would point to him having learnt something too. His norm is to give us at least a season and a half of super sh1te , relegation football before he gets off his arse and does something.
I'm not sure this Mirror story is correct .I recon we are getting the Brentford fella which I'm fine with.
I'm also fine with CR getting a chance with his own team , not the lopsided injury ridden shoite that 'H' dumped in his lap

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 10:40 - May 6 with 5836 viewsJigsore

Not even appointed him full-time yet and people are on his back wanting him gone. Unbelievable.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 10:42 - May 6 with 5822 viewsSaycey

Somehow we have to stop this cycle of 'boom and bust', i.e. sign loads of players, they underperform, you get lumbered with their expensive contracts, then you have to sign a whole load more.

We need to build a structure and an ethos. After four years of failure, the path to redemption for this board lies in recruiting a management team who can put a sustainable footballing structure in place.

I just don't know whether Ramsey is the right man for the job. But him and Les in charge is certainly a step in the right direction. I believe we need to go back to our 80s and 90s roots. Good scouting, modest buys and promoting youth from within.

It won't happen overnight but it feels like the right path to me. Or we could go and recruit the latest overhyped and overpaid flavour of the month journeyman manager to drift our way...
Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 10:44 - May 6 with 5808 viewsHollowayRanger

i like the bloke but lets be honest does anyone think he is the answer to all our woes and problems that will only be 10 fold next season

whoever takes over will have to build a team fit for at least the playoffs from scratch

to me will need someone with experience who knows what it takes to get promoted not a novice who might be good but could be another gary waddock

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Chris Ramsey two year deal? on 10:51 - May 6 with 5768 viewsDorse

I see this as a positive article. Ramsey was dealt a real Beadle of a hand once Harry* threw his toys out of the pram and flounced off. He has made mistakes at times (SWP for the last ten mins or, indeed, at all?), however, their effects would have been negligible if the first half of our season hadn't been so catastrophically mis-managed. We only have to look back at West Ham or Man Utd away to see how Ramsey has changed things. Harry's magical tombola of selection is a thing of the past and if we want evidence of some form of nascent tactical nous, just compare the recent set up against Chelsea with our insipid and humiliating performance earlier in the season.

He gets it wrong but is confident enough to change things with positive substitutions - Timmy got the fright of his life in the second half vs Villa and they were lucky to get a point. We went 3-5-2 vs Liverpool away and got straight back into the game thanks to Leroy after realising that Liverpool had got us sussed playing 4-4-1-1. Harry's subs were terrible: bare bones, my arse. Change the system.

I think that Ramsey is being given his shot for a number of reasons. The article alludes to a longer term plan and I think that Ramsey (probably along with Sir Les) has already identified the areas for change, development and replacement. It wouldn't surprise me at all to find that, between them, they already have a potential squad list and targets in place with a definitve spending plan and tactical reasoning for each. Unlike Harry coming in (or Hughes for that matter) Ramsey won't be firefighting and trying to save a season: he will be looking to build from scratch with almost no pressure. Look, no-one expects him to succeed immediately so he gets a free pass! That's got to be a good thing, at least for next season. If he can show progress and a few signs that the plan is being implemented then he'll do alright.

I don't like being relegated either - just seeing the faces of the plastic C****** fans around here drives me mental - but I can't find it within me to be angry at Ramsey. I want to see what he can do with his own team and a new philosophy.

* BTW - is anyone else sick of hearing from him regarding Bournemouth? He has had nothing to do with their success and all you hear is him saying how fentastic they were and jockeying for a DoF position. What a cnt.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024