Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? 19:26 - Jun 4 with 5890 viewsChief

Apparently we've bid 250k for a 17yr Barnet striker who scored over 50 goals in their under 18s last season. But Barnet have either rejected the bid or the FAW have blocked the move as we made an illegal approach. Anyone know what's going on with this?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 20:04 - Jun 4 with 4466 viewsNeath_Jack

A quick google search gives you this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3109333/Swansea-City-250-000-b

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 20:05 - Jun 4 with 4460 viewsNeath_Jack

Or these...

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-linked-Barnet-youngster-Mat

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-transfer-

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 20:14 - Jun 4 with 4433 viewsRancid

I'd be happy with this.Wityh our system of one up top there's no way we can keep all our strikers happy if they're PL quality.A youngster with promise is what we need if Gomis is to stay.Kenji Gorre can't be far away now either.
bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 20:59 - Jun 4 with 4269 viewslondonlisa2001

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 20:14 - Jun 4 by Rancid

I'd be happy with this.Wityh our system of one up top there's no way we can keep all our strikers happy if they're PL quality.A youngster with promise is what we need if Gomis is to stay.Kenji Gorre can't be far away now either.

We are not signing some 18 year old who plays for the Barnet youth team as a back up to a striker who is getting £70k per week !

He will be signed for the development squad.

And I can't believe that any supporter would think this was the sort of signing we'd be happy with for the first team squad. He can't even get in to their team let alone ours!

I don't know why everyone i falling over themselves to buy someone to keep Gomis happy. If he ends up unhappy we sell him. But surely no one thinks we should only get a crap striker so that we don't upset him? It's not Messi for God's sake.
bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 21:20 - Jun 4 with 4205 viewspencoedjack

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 20:59 - Jun 4 by londonlisa2001

We are not signing some 18 year old who plays for the Barnet youth team as a back up to a striker who is getting £70k per week !

And I can't believe that any supporter would think this was the sort of signing we'd be happy with for the first team squad. He can't even get in to their team let alone ours!

I don't know why everyone i falling over themselves to buy someone to keep Gomis happy. If he ends up unhappy we sell him. But surely no one thinks we should only get a crap striker so that we don't upset him? It's not Messi for God's sake.

Spot on if Gomis can't handle a bit of competition he shouldn't be a professional footballer.

Still have a feeling he won't be here the end of August.
bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 21:22 - Jun 4 with 4197 viewsRancid

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 20:59 - Jun 4 by londonlisa2001

I'm sure if good enough he'll be an option.He was never going to displace Gomis but you never know he might come good and be an option of the bench at some point.I'm happy with us signing promising youngsters.As I said earlier they're happy in the knowledge they won't be our main source of goals when it matters.It's difficult getting 2 classy strikers in with only 1 position to fill as was proved with Bony nad Gomis so a young striker with potential I see no harm in.
bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 21:24 - Jun 4 with 4181 viewslondonlisa2001

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 21:22 - Jun 4 by Rancid

I'm sure if good enough he'll be an option.He was never going to displace Gomis but you never know he might come good and be an option of the bench at some point.I'm happy with us signing promising youngsters.As I said earlier they're happy in the knowledge they won't be our main source of goals when it matters.It's difficult getting 2 classy strikers in with only 1 position to fill as was proved with Bony nad Gomis so a young striker with potential I see no harm in.

well if he was good enough he'd probably have played more than once for Barnet to be fair. That doesn't mean he won't become good enough.

We have to sign another top striker in my view.
bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 21:26 - Jun 4 with 4168 viewspencoedjack

Without sounding arrogant 250k is chicken feed to us these days.

We got rid of Donnely probably hoping 1 day one of these punts will come good .... As Lisa said he will be no where near the 1st team
Login to get fewer ads

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 21:26 - Jun 4 with 4160 viewsdgt73

As it's already been pointed out - if he signs it's not for the first team squad.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2015 21:55]

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 21:28 - Jun 4 with 4150 viewswaynekerr55

Matty is a great kid. He's the polar opposite of the typical pro footballer.

He's also a 2 time England boxing champion too.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 21:28 - Jun 4 with 4145 viewsRancid

He's 17 and we're taking a punt on him.It might work it might not but I'm just glad to see the club going down this route.Not everyone will be a Rory Donnelly.
bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 21:30 - Jun 4 with 4124 viewslondonlisa2001

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 21:28 - Jun 4 by waynekerr55

Matty is a great kid. He's the polar opposite of the typical pro footballer.

He's also a 2 time England boxing champion too.

Ne a nice change from Donnelly then if reports are correct.
bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 21:36 - Jun 4 with 4087 viewswaynekerr55

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 21:30 - Jun 4 by londonlisa2001

Ne a nice change from Donnelly then if reports are correct.

Well I can tell you first hand he's one of the nicest kids you'll meet. His dad's a nice fella too, they're a family of boxers and their feet are firmly on the ground.

Before Warwick bans me 😂😂😂😂
[Post edited 4 Jun 2015 21:56]

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 21:40 - Jun 4 with 4063 viewspencoedjack

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 21:36 - Jun 4 by waynekerr55

Well I can tell you first hand he's one of the nicest kids you'll meet. His dad's a nice fella too, they're a family of boxers and their feet are firmly on the ground.

Sounds like Swansea would be a good place for him
bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 21:42 - Jun 4 with 4055 viewsHighjack

They don't dance around the ring much then?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 21:44 - Jun 4 with 4031 viewsDr_Winston

Have a word then innit.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 21:53 - Jun 4 with 3967 viewswaynekerr55

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 21:44 - Jun 4 by Dr_Winston

Have a word then innit.

I'd pay money to watch Huw and their chairman Tony Kleanthos haggle over the price 😷😷😷😷😂

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 22:07 - Jun 4 with 3899 viewsKilkennyjack

I would say he is better off at Barnet in league 2 rather in our u21s. Rory is a lesson for me. Also i still want us to try and bring our Academy players through rather than body snatch young players from smaller clubs. I think quality players like Grimes are worth the investment, others seem like gambles to be honest and none has made an impact at first team level to date - maybe Gorre will be the first.

Beware of the Risen People

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 22:42 - Jun 4 with 3833 viewsSwan91

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 22:07 - Jun 4 by Kilkennyjack

I would say he is better off at Barnet in league 2 rather in our u21s. Rory is a lesson for me. Also i still want us to try and bring our Academy players through rather than body snatch young players from smaller clubs. I think quality players like Grimes are worth the investment, others seem like gambles to be honest and none has made an impact at first team level to date - maybe Gorre will be the first.

Our academy has not been up and running to a premier league standard for long. So it could be 2-3 more years before we see any of the youngsters come through to the U-21's and then hopefully move onto the first team. So until then we need to bring more youngsters in from around the UK to increase our youth reputation and Ofcourse find players with the potential to make it into the first squad.
bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 22:47 - Jun 4 with 3811 viewsKilkennyjack

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 22:42 - Jun 4 by Swan91

Our academy has not been up and running to a premier league standard for long. So it could be 2-3 more years before we see any of the youngsters come through to the U-21's and then hopefully move onto the first team. So until then we need to bring more youngsters in from around the UK to increase our youth reputation and Ofcourse find players with the potential to make it into the first squad.

Fair points - and certainly our results are now good, whereas previously results were not so good.

Beware of the Risen People

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 01:20 - Jun 5 with 3607 viewsScoobyWho

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 21:20 - Jun 4 by pencoedjack

Spot on if Gomis can't handle a bit of competition he shouldn't be a professional footballer.

Still have a feeling he won't be here the end of August.

As soon as the spoilt fecka gets back and sees what business we have done he will be on his way,

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 14:59 - Jun 8 with 3172 viewsGorslasJack

According to The Sun we are going to bid £1 million
http://www1.skysports.com/football/transfer-paper-talk
bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 19:56 - Jun 8 with 2833 viewsCooperman

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 14:59 - Jun 8 by GorslasJack

According to The Sun we are going to bid £1 million
http://www1.skysports.com/football/transfer-paper-talk

A cool 1 mil for a 17 year old from the Vanarama Conference is utterly bonkers.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 20:11 - Jun 8 with 2789 viewsairedale

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 19:56 - Jun 8 by Cooperman

A cool 1 mil for a 17 year old from the Vanarama Conference is utterly bonkers.

Agreed, can't see it happening at that money.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2015 20:25]
bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 20:53 - Jun 8 with 2668 viewsCooperman

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 20:11 - Jun 8 by airedale

Agreed, can't see it happening at that money.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2015 20:25]

Let's hope it's a £200k to £250k initial punt rising in stages to £1m when he starts his first team game, scores first league goal, gets first international cap, scores winning goal in World Cup final.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024