Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
chaz cheap. 20:40 - Jun 21 with 18453 viewsconnell10

So it seems palace have pulled out of signing austin because they think 15 million is to steep, newcastle are getting edgy over the fee rangers want as well. Well i think in todays market 15 million for a english striker like chaz is bloody cheap, really we should be getting 20 million plus for him, i cant understand why these clubs are unwilling to pay such a cheap price!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

chaz cheap. on 11:05 - Jun 22 with 2622 viewsadhoc_qpr

Remy has pace and is a good goalscorer, but you can't rely on him to be fit week in, week out.

If we can't get £15m plus for Austin, we should keep him.

Half a season in the championship from Austin would probably be 10 - 15 goals and we could still probably flog him for £5m in January to som desperate team.
chaz cheap. on 11:23 - Jun 22 with 2573 viewsGetMeRangers

chaz cheap. on 11:05 - Jun 22 by adhoc_qpr

Remy has pace and is a good goalscorer, but you can't rely on him to be fit week in, week out.

If we can't get £15m plus for Austin, we should keep him.

Half a season in the championship from Austin would probably be 10 - 15 goals and we could still probably flog him for £5m in January to som desperate team.

I dont see why he wouldnt be sold for more in January. What ever team that would be looking at him then would be wanting hi to save their season but in addition would be signing him for a 3 year contract

Until clubs start actually making offers, everything else is hearsay. When Liverpool, Newcastle, Palace and West Ham are mentioned wanting him, please remember that as recent as 6 months ago, we could easily have been listed as a team that were interested in this type of player. Not long ago Southampton were mentioned. Have QPR gone on record as saying that they want a minimum of £15 million?

Are clubs allowed to make offers before the beginning of the transfer window? Or just not allowed to make the deal?

Although betting was suspended by three bookies, now with those that are left the odds are drifting on West HAm being his next club

Personally, I think it is a lot of lazy journalism...

Until a firm bid is either accepted or turned down by the club, I really dont see the need to get too bothered
chaz cheap. on 11:29 - Jun 22 with 2550 viewsAntti_Heinola

chaz cheap. on 11:23 - Jun 22 by GetMeRangers

I dont see why he wouldnt be sold for more in January. What ever team that would be looking at him then would be wanting hi to save their season but in addition would be signing him for a 3 year contract

Until clubs start actually making offers, everything else is hearsay. When Liverpool, Newcastle, Palace and West Ham are mentioned wanting him, please remember that as recent as 6 months ago, we could easily have been listed as a team that were interested in this type of player. Not long ago Southampton were mentioned. Have QPR gone on record as saying that they want a minimum of £15 million?

Are clubs allowed to make offers before the beginning of the transfer window? Or just not allowed to make the deal?

Although betting was suspended by three bookies, now with those that are left the odds are drifting on West HAm being his next club

Until a firm bid is either accepted or turned down by the club, I really dont see the need to get too bothered

Considering we just bought 2 players from Swindon, i think it's safe to say you can make offers now, yes.

As for the old lazy journalism line - the laziest criticism of journalists there is - I don't think it's lazy - it's just what they have to do as part of their job. An agent will tell them a club may be interested (whether it's true or not), they report that interest so that their website can get more clicks. Sadly, this goes way beyond the laziness or otherwise of football journos. It's about what stories people click on. And the Metro and the Mail in particular know that people click on transfer stories. Are all of the stories true? No. Are most of them true? Well, there's probably an element of truth to it. But the Southampton story only really came up because a lot of us said Southampton would be a good move for Austin. I'm not sure if they were ever officially linked. The thing is, probably 10 clubs in the Prem, if not more, would like Austin.

Bare bones.

chaz cheap. on 11:41 - Jun 22 with 2507 viewsadhoc_qpr

chaz cheap. on 11:23 - Jun 22 by GetMeRangers

Ferdinand has gone on record saying we want £15m and Ramsey has gone on record saying we are basically resigned to him going (paraphrasing the latter obviously).

Soton have apparently made a £10m bid, which is the first tangible bid but i haven't heard if it's been rejected or accepted yet.
chaz cheap. on 12:40 - Jun 22 with 2410 viewsMvpeter

chaz cheap. on 11:41 - Jun 22 by adhoc_qpr

Ferdinand has gone on record saying we want £15m and Ramsey has gone on record saying we are basically resigned to him going (paraphrasing the latter obviously).

Soton have apparently made a £10m bid, which is the first tangible bid but i haven't heard if it's been rejected or accepted yet.

He's just not as good as people seem to think and other teams recognise that. Lower expectations on how much we'll get for him.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2015 12:40]

Poll: Who should be our left back?

chaz cheap. on 13:19 - Jun 22 with 2347 viewsQPR_John

chaz cheap. on 12:40 - Jun 22 by Mvpeter

He's just not as good as people seem to think and other teams recognise that. Lower expectations on how much we'll get for him.

How do you measure how good a striker is maybe by the number of goals he scores
chaz cheap. on 13:25 - Jun 22 with 2328 viewsHayesender

£10 million Shane Long is the latest rumour.

That wouldn't be a bad deal imo

Poll: Shamima Beghum

chaz cheap. on 13:32 - Jun 22 with 2302 viewsjohncharles

chaz cheap. on 13:19 - Jun 22 by QPR_John

How do you measure how good a striker is maybe by the number of goals he scores

Can't see how anyone can argue with that.

If you look at the money other Prem strikers on around 20 goals last season might fetch, £20 million for Charlie would be a bargain

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

chaz cheap. on 13:33 - Jun 22 with 2304 viewsadhoc_qpr

chaz cheap. on 13:25 - Jun 22 by Hayesender

£10 million Shane Long is the latest rumour.

That wouldn't be a bad deal imo

Assuming that's £10m plus Shane Long - i'd take that all day long!

Not sure Long will be thrilled/willing though...
chaz cheap. on 13:43 - Jun 22 with 2261 viewsHayesender

chaz cheap. on 13:33 - Jun 22 by adhoc_qpr

Yeah sorry, I left out the +

chaz cheap. on 14:07 - Jun 22 with 2204 viewsBasingstokeR

Shane Long played 21 in all comps and scored 7 for Saints since he's been there, they paid £12m for him in August.

Not sure about this rumour!
chaz cheap. on 14:30 - Jun 22 with 2163 viewsGetMeRangers

chaz cheap. on 11:29 - Jun 22 by Antti_Heinola

Considering we just bought 2 players from Swindon, i think it's safe to say you can make offers now, yes.

As for the old lazy journalism line - the laziest criticism of journalists there is - I don't think it's lazy - it's just what they have to do as part of their job. An agent will tell them a club may be interested (whether it's true or not), they report that interest so that their website can get more clicks. Sadly, this goes way beyond the laziness or otherwise of football journos. It's about what stories people click on. And the Metro and the Mail in particular know that people click on transfer stories. Are all of the stories true? No. Are most of them true? Well, there's probably an element of truth to it. But the Southampton story only really came up because a lot of us said Southampton would be a good move for Austin. I'm not sure if they were ever officially linked. The thing is, probably 10 clubs in the Prem, if not more, would like Austin.

I agree. Lazy journalism was the wrong description. However, given their remit and the interest of agents bigging up a player so that they can land another fee, then perhaps they could word articles differently? Would never happen. Sky Bet and other bookies are all as keen as mustard that there is as much credence put behind a rumour

While I am sceptical about Austin's all round ability, I tend to look at any story as a devils advocate. If we were struggling in the Prem and had the chance to buy Austin for 10 or 15 million, would we think that was a good price or an over valuation.

Given the price of a striker who can notch nearly 20 goals for a struggling team, then I would say even at 15 million, he would worth a gamble... especially at QPR where we have struggled over recent years to get an all out and out goal scorer
chaz cheap. on 14:47 - Jun 22 with 2132 viewsGetMeRangers

chaz cheap. on 11:41 - Jun 22 by adhoc_qpr

If Les has said that, the presumably he either has the backing of the board or control of the budgets and that is the price at which it becomes in the club's future interest to sell him now rather than hold on to him????

Isnt CR comment based on a belief that the £15 million bid will be forth coming???

Soton... according to the Express. Yet not reported elsewhere
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/586033/Southampton-10m-Bid-Chelsea-Liver
chaz cheap. on 14:49 - Jun 22 with 2124 viewsJonDoeman

chaz cheap. on 14:07 - Jun 22 by BasingstokeR

Shane Long played 21 in all comps and scored 7 for Saints since he's been there, they paid £12m for him in August.

Not sure about this rumour!

If Soton didn't want him another Prem club defo would. We need to set our sights a bit lower than than him !!

It Is What It Is !!

chaz cheap. on 14:51 - Jun 22 with 2115 viewsJonDoeman

He's an outstanding striker, best we've had in years, & we're going to miss him terribly.

It Is What It Is !!

chaz cheap. on 15:24 - Jun 22 with 1933 viewsconnell10

So mate thats just a load of bollox! He is a very good striker !

chaz cheap. on 16:26 - Jun 22 with 1882 viewsHayesender

https://www.clubcall.com/queens-park-rangers/no-saints-interest-in-austin-177296

Not interested according to this

chaz cheap. on 16:41 - Jun 22 with 1860 viewsJonDoeman

chaz cheap. on 16:26 - Jun 22 by Hayesender

https://www.clubcall.com/queens-park-rangers/no-saints-interest-in-austin-177296

Not interested according to this

The papers ain't got a clue what's going on !

It Is What It Is !!

chaz cheap. on 16:56 - Jun 22 with 1846 viewsHayesender

chaz cheap. on 16:41 - Jun 22 by JonDoeman

The papers ain't got a clue what's going on !

They ain't the only ones

chaz cheap. on 17:33 - Jun 22 with 1783 viewscyprusmel

The owners could take a risk and keep Charlie for the last year of his contract in the hope that his goals will take us back to the Premiership but of course then he would be available on a free.
I am not sure that this would be very satisfactory for Charlie though.
Getting back to the Prem in one season would more than offset the money we would lose on the transfer fee.
Twist or stick ?
chaz cheap. on 20:40 - Jun 22 with 1719 viewsconnell10

chaz cheap. on 17:33 - Jun 22 by cyprusmel

The owners could take a risk and keep Charlie for the last year of his contract in the hope that his goals will take us back to the Premiership but of course then he would be available on a free.
I am not sure that this would be very satisfactory for Charlie though.
Getting back to the Prem in one season would more than offset the money we would lose on the transfer fee.
Twist or stick ?

I reckon charlie would stay if came straight back up!

chaz cheap. on 22:10 - Jun 22 with 1639 viewscaptainmycaptian

Well the way I see it is if we are only getting 10 mil for him keep him and see how we fair next season. If he got 20 + goals that has to put us some where near the top 6, presuming we have learnt to defend slightly less like a armless man in a fight. Then we could pop back up not the best thing for us but in financial way more money for prem etc it maybe a gamble worth taking?
chaz cheap. on 22:21 - Jun 22 with 1626 viewsDorse

This thing could run and run. Remy was going nowhere (ahem) right up until someone actually bid for him. We've had no tangible bids for Chaz and, as such, we have to plan as though he's our player.

However, Les is savvy enough to have drawn up the replacement shortlist. £10m-15m would be good but until it's in the bank we can't spend it. I'd be very interested to know who we've got on the 'If Chaz is staying'-list.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

chaz cheap. on 08:38 - Jun 23 with 1560 viewsPinnerPaul

Only have to go to Newsnow to see how ill informed most of this transfer "news" is.

There is a story posted yesterday evenig saying Southampton have bid for Charlie, and one thsi morning saying they have no interest in him.

Obviously at least one of those stories, and probably both, are b*******x!

For the past few weeks Charlie has been on the verge of going to Newcastle , only for another "story" last week saying Newcastle were going to check if he wanted to move to the grim north first, before bidding.

Bit like looking at the weather forecast, you're best just getting up each morning & looking out the window, check if its raining and then see if Charlie is still here - the only reliable information there is !
chaz cheap. on 08:40 - Jun 23 with 1558 viewsNW10Hoop

chaz cheap. on 13:33 - Jun 22 by adhoc_qpr

I would definitely take that deal. Sounds too good to be true. Long is a clever little player and he although he hasn't had much game time at Southampton he always seemed to pop up with a goal or 2 when called on. I think he's too good for the Championship though so can't see it happening
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024