Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
chaz cheap. 20:40 - Jun 21 with 18452 viewsconnell10

So it seems palace have pulled out of signing austin because they think 15 million is to steep, newcastle are getting edgy over the fee rangers want as well. Well i think in todays market 15 million for a english striker like chaz is bloody cheap, really we should be getting 20 million plus for him, i cant understand why these clubs are unwilling to pay such a cheap price!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

chaz cheap. on 13:54 - Jun 23 with 2583 viewsJonDoeman

chaz cheap. on 11:44 - Jun 23 by Mvpeter

What does that have to do with anything?

Stokes chairman is sitting there wondering whether to pay 15 million and all we have to do is tell him that 'Charlie is the best we've had in years, & we're going to miss him terribly.'

It's not even true. We had Remy.

You know what, I'd forgot about Remy when I wrote that ! Class striker but I suppose subconsciously I don't consider him QPR!

I just don't get you saying he ain't that good! He does the hardest thing in the game very well, & he's done it year in year out & every level he's stepped up to. Bet he'd have scored in Dublin if that dope Woy had bought him on! Shit hot striker if he goes for 15 mill I'll still think its cheap!

It Is What It Is !!

chaz cheap. on 13:56 - Jun 23 with 2575 viewsadhoc_qpr

chaz cheap. on 13:35 - Jun 23 by NW5Hoop

Look, he was great for us. Great. I adored him. I'd love him to stay. But he missed a big chunk of the promotion season, he's failed a medical elsewhere, he plays with his shoulder strapped to buggery. And for any team that plays at pace, his lack of pace will be an issue. This isn't me trying to do him down, these are the things that get taken into consideration. I think there's a tendency here to rate him somewhere below Gerd Muller but just above Miroslav Klose in the pantheon of strikers, and we need to be a bit more realistic, that's all.

Lambert has no place but scored plenty for a pacy Soton team by being used effectively in their system and to his strengths.

It's the same for Austin. If he goes to Liverpool and they try to play him as they play Sturridge (when Sturridge is injured) he'll flop. Just like Ings will flop if/when Rodgers misuses him.

If he goes to West Ham and they pair him with Valencia or Carroll, he'll probably thrive.
chaz cheap. on 14:37 - Jun 23 with 2540 viewsAntti_Heinola

chaz cheap. on 12:16 - Jun 23 by Mvpeter

Barely missed a game? He's missed about 3 months and failed multiple medicals.

The pace argument isn't an argument, he doesn't have it and clubs do want it.

He can score any type of goal and has tremendous leaping ability WHEN facing goal.

His movement is ok but not a strength. His movement in the box is obviously good but he is caught well offside very regularly and if he isn't it's because he's been caught flatfooted.

His remaining game is poor. He has limited vision, he cannot bring a ball down and cannot perform a flick on. His work rate is not excellent, he's often nowhere near where he needs to be, he's a hard worker in a sense that he'll get back if need be but he is too static when we recover the ball and too often is caught ball watching.

I believe that I have the Opta stats article bookmarked on my computer at home, as it shows what a strange and unique player he is. He's a goalscorer and more so than anyone I've ever seen is just that.

As you say quite simply he will get you goals and I doubt they'll dry up any time soon but top clubs want top players who can do everything, otherwise scouting would be scanning the goalscorer charts.

Please don't try to dismiss this as 'oh slagging off a player again' I've had these things personally pointed out live by UEFA Pro license qualified coaches and a well regarded scout, one of which I've sat next to for every home game Charlie has played for us, and the stats that I mentioned fully back this.

This is why he's touted at 10-15 and not 40-50.

Oh christ, we've all got mates who are scouts and coaches Peter! Shall we get together and compare who knows the most?! And you can extra points for knowing a coach with an 'UEFA' license! Christ! Even Bryan Robson has got a freaking UEFA license! And of course, scouts never get it wrong, that's why all transfers are so successful.

Of course clubs want pace. But plenty of players are fine without it. Charlie's one of them.

'His remaining game is poor'. Nonsense.

His vision is limited. Everyone's vision is limited.

He's often nowhere near where he needs to be is firstly overly harsh, and secondly in his 2 seasons with us he's been, by an absolute mile, our most reliable and consistent performer - he's been forced to do jobs the rest of the team either can't do or can't be arst to do. He should, in a team with actual coaching and tactics, improve that quite naturally when he can focus on just doing his own job right.

Not a single person on here thinks he will go for £40m or to a top 6 club. I think everyone, apart from SOG, has been pretty reasonable in what he's worth.

He is a very good striker with the ability - proved over the last 5 years - to step up and continue to improve his game. He'd be a fantastic signing for at least a dozen Prem clubs. He averages, for us, *better* than a goal every other game. Same at Burnley. That is gold dust and that's why his offside stats (something that could easily be worked on) shouldn't concern most managers unduly.

He failed the medical at Hull because of a knee injury he suffered at 14. He passed medicals with us and Burnley - what are the multiple ones?

when I say barely missed a game I mean he's not a player that plays 4, is out for a couple, plays a few more, is out for a month. He's had two injuries with us - the shoulder injury a year ago and then an impact injury on his foot v Southampton earlier this season. To me, that seems pretty common of almost any footballer.

He certainly can bring a ball down, not sure where you got that from - and he's improved a lot with his back to goal in the last season. Players like him often continue to improve late into their careers - Lambert was the same. Even Furlong, actually. The truth is, you can pick apart almost any player as you have done there and get out the opta stats and study the pro zone and so on - but his strengths and weaknesses are pretty obvious to anyone. the great thing about him is that he's willing to learn and improve - he's already a much better player now than he was a year ago.

Bare bones.

chaz cheap. on 14:54 - Jun 23 with 2516 viewsMvpeter

chaz cheap. on 13:54 - Jun 23 by JonDoeman

You know what, I'd forgot about Remy when I wrote that ! Class striker but I suppose subconsciously I don't consider him QPR!

I just don't get you saying he ain't that good! He does the hardest thing in the game very well, & he's done it year in year out & every level he's stepped up to. Bet he'd have scored in Dublin if that dope Woy had bought him on! Shit hot striker if he goes for 15 mill I'll still think its cheap!

Didn't say he wan't that good. I said he's not as good as people think. Because people think he's one of the greatest players in the world. He's a midtable starter and will go for midtable starter money.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

chaz cheap. on 14:58 - Jun 23 with 2500 viewsAntti_Heinola

chaz cheap. on 14:54 - Jun 23 by Mvpeter

Didn't say he wan't that good. I said he's not as good as people think. Because people think he's one of the greatest players in the world. He's a midtable starter and will go for midtable starter money.

Not a single person has said he's one of the greatest players in the world. and no one thinks it either. What we all know is that we wouldn't have got close to promotion without him, and we'd have sunk without trace by early March without him. Amidst all the crap Redknapp inflicted upon us, amidst all the terrible players and terrible attitudes and the boasting from our arrogant captain and the terrible football - he still shone. He played for us for two years, pretty much got us promoted, almost saved us from going down, scored several goal of the season contenders and won player of the season twice.
All of that is true, none of that is hyperbolic, all of it explains why some of us have a bit of love for him.

Come on Peter, you are better than this - this is just getting silly now.

Bare bones.

chaz cheap. on 15:19 - Jun 23 with 2453 viewsMvpeter

chaz cheap. on 14:37 - Jun 23 by Antti_Heinola

Oh christ, we've all got mates who are scouts and coaches Peter! Shall we get together and compare who knows the most?! And you can extra points for knowing a coach with an 'UEFA' license! Christ! Even Bryan Robson has got a freaking UEFA license! And of course, scouts never get it wrong, that's why all transfers are so successful.

Of course clubs want pace. But plenty of players are fine without it. Charlie's one of them.

'His remaining game is poor'. Nonsense.

His vision is limited. Everyone's vision is limited.

He's often nowhere near where he needs to be is firstly overly harsh, and secondly in his 2 seasons with us he's been, by an absolute mile, our most reliable and consistent performer - he's been forced to do jobs the rest of the team either can't do or can't be arst to do. He should, in a team with actual coaching and tactics, improve that quite naturally when he can focus on just doing his own job right.

Not a single person on here thinks he will go for £40m or to a top 6 club. I think everyone, apart from SOG, has been pretty reasonable in what he's worth.

He is a very good striker with the ability - proved over the last 5 years - to step up and continue to improve his game. He'd be a fantastic signing for at least a dozen Prem clubs. He averages, for us, *better* than a goal every other game. Same at Burnley. That is gold dust and that's why his offside stats (something that could easily be worked on) shouldn't concern most managers unduly.

He failed the medical at Hull because of a knee injury he suffered at 14. He passed medicals with us and Burnley - what are the multiple ones?

when I say barely missed a game I mean he's not a player that plays 4, is out for a couple, plays a few more, is out for a month. He's had two injuries with us - the shoulder injury a year ago and then an impact injury on his foot v Southampton earlier this season. To me, that seems pretty common of almost any footballer.

He certainly can bring a ball down, not sure where you got that from - and he's improved a lot with his back to goal in the last season. Players like him often continue to improve late into their careers - Lambert was the same. Even Furlong, actually. The truth is, you can pick apart almost any player as you have done there and get out the opta stats and study the pro zone and so on - but his strengths and weaknesses are pretty obvious to anyone. the great thing about him is that he's willing to learn and improve - he's already a much better player now than he was a year ago.

No we really don't. There's only a thousand of them in England. They may not be 100% accurate but that is a hell of a lot more accurate than fans. Not all transfers are successful but there's a hell of a lot more that can affect a signings effectiveness than scouting.

It's irrelevant anyway.

Plenty of players are successful despite a lack of something, that does not mean they would not be more successful with those things.

Everyones vision is limited by very different degrees, his is fairly poor.

It's not overly harsh. We've had a severe problem with finding an out ball for years.

This thread is named chaz cheap referring to the 15 million valuation.

Not a single person on here thinks he will go for £40m but plenty are questioning how Kane is worth more.

He failed our medical but signed anyway. Happens. It worked out.

Fair enough he has a good fitness record and I don't think it will have an impact on interest,, just disputing the never missed a game claim.

I don't deny he has improved the rest of his game in the last year but it is still poor in these areas pure and simple. There is a reason that the striker that scored 18 goals for the team that finished bottom is having a 15m price tag balked at. Rest of his game is that reason.

chaz cheap. on 15:30 - Jun 23 with 2438 viewsAntti_Heinola

chaz cheap. on 15:19 - Jun 23 by Mvpeter

No we really don't. There's only a thousand of them in England. They may not be 100% accurate but that is a hell of a lot more accurate than fans. Not all transfers are successful but there's a hell of a lot more that can affect a signings effectiveness than scouting.

It's irrelevant anyway.

Plenty of players are successful despite a lack of something, that does not mean they would not be more successful with those things.

Everyones vision is limited by very different degrees, his is fairly poor.

It's not overly harsh. We've had a severe problem with finding an out ball for years.

This thread is named chaz cheap referring to the 15 million valuation.

Not a single person on here thinks he will go for £40m but plenty are questioning how Kane is worth more.

He failed our medical but signed anyway. Happens. It worked out.

Fair enough he has a good fitness record and I don't think it will have an impact on interest,, just disputing the never missed a game claim.

I don't deny he has improved the rest of his game in the last year but it is still poor in these areas pure and simple. There is a reason that the striker that scored 18 goals for the team that finished bottom is having a 15m price tag balked at. Rest of his game is that reason.

Not sure it's being balked at. Transfers tend to involve negotiation. It doesn't go:
'We value him at £15m'
'Here! Have £15m!'

Barely a big money transfer has gone through yet at Prem level. This is not evidence clubs are running for the hills saying 'I won't pay that!' You're making enormous assumptions there with no basis in any kind of fact.

agree about Kane - I actually thought v Spurs Austin had a much better game, but Kane scored 2 and charlie got none. I think Kane is hugely over-priced and over-hyped - next season will be huge for him. But he's younger than Charlie with more room to improve, is a bit faster and has more of an ability to dribble, plus he's playing for a bigger club who don't need to sell, which puts pounds on his price tag, so it's not a surprise he's valued higher.

Bare bones.

chaz cheap. on 15:31 - Jun 23 with 2438 viewsMvpeter

chaz cheap. on 14:58 - Jun 23 by Antti_Heinola

Not a single person has said he's one of the greatest players in the world. and no one thinks it either. What we all know is that we wouldn't have got close to promotion without him, and we'd have sunk without trace by early March without him. Amidst all the crap Redknapp inflicted upon us, amidst all the terrible players and terrible attitudes and the boasting from our arrogant captain and the terrible football - he still shone. He played for us for two years, pretty much got us promoted, almost saved us from going down, scored several goal of the season contenders and won player of the season twice.
All of that is true, none of that is hyperbolic, all of it explains why some of us have a bit of love for him.

Come on Peter, you are better than this - this is just getting silly now.

Obviously I exaggerated for effect. People do believe he's better than he is though. It's the cause of the disconnect between how QPR perceives him and how the wider world does. I'm speaking in terms of internationals and value because obviously he's been our best player.

Love for him is fine, I've got a fair bit of that too. All of that will not make one whit of difference to other clubs, he's worth what he's worth and all our love won't change that.

We will do very very well to get 15m and I can see a meltdown happening if its for any less.

Login to get fewer ads

chaz cheap. on 15:34 - Jun 23 with 2429 viewsAntti_Heinola

chaz cheap. on 15:31 - Jun 23 by Mvpeter

Obviously I exaggerated for effect. People do believe he's better than he is though. It's the cause of the disconnect between how QPR perceives him and how the wider world does. I'm speaking in terms of internationals and value because obviously he's been our best player.

Love for him is fine, I've got a fair bit of that too. All of that will not make one whit of difference to other clubs, he's worth what he's worth and all our love won't change that.

We will do very very well to get 15m and I can see a meltdown happening if its for any less.

oh stop being so boringly rational. What do you do when we score? Make a little note in your special stats book?
you're right though - when he goes for £10m-£12m there will be a meltdown.

Bare bones.

chaz cheap. on 15:38 - Jun 23 with 2425 viewsMvpeter

chaz cheap. on 15:30 - Jun 23 by Antti_Heinola

Not sure it's being balked at. Transfers tend to involve negotiation. It doesn't go:
'We value him at £15m'
'Here! Have £15m!'

Barely a big money transfer has gone through yet at Prem level. This is not evidence clubs are running for the hills saying 'I won't pay that!' You're making enormous assumptions there with no basis in any kind of fact.

agree about Kane - I actually thought v Spurs Austin had a much better game, but Kane scored 2 and charlie got none. I think Kane is hugely over-priced and over-hyped - next season will be huge for him. But he's younger than Charlie with more room to improve, is a bit faster and has more of an ability to dribble, plus he's playing for a bigger club who don't need to sell, which puts pounds on his price tag, so it's not a surprise he's valued higher.

There's plenty of evidence of balking but I'm not suggesting that nobody is interested. I'm suggesting that nobody within football sees 15 and is saying 'O my what a bargain.' They will bargain and negotiate but the price we've set is about right considering it'll usually come down a bit.

Supposedly we haven't received any contact at all. That is evidence. Not proof but evidence.

He'll go to a midtable club for between 10-15. That is a reasonable transfer for all parties.

chaz cheap. on 15:39 - Jun 23 with 2421 viewsMvpeter

chaz cheap. on 15:34 - Jun 23 by Antti_Heinola

oh stop being so boringly rational. What do you do when we score? Make a little note in your special stats book?
you're right though - when he goes for £10m-£12m there will be a meltdown.

It's a pad rather than a book.

chaz cheap. on 17:20 - Jun 23 with 2340 viewsPurleyHoop

he's only 25 - think the least he owes the club is one crack at promotion (although looking at the bigger picture a few years consolidation in the champ might do us good) if he really does want out, again fair enough - Les should make it very clear to him that we won't be accepting lower than 20m - looking comparatively at other English signings given his season, we're not taking the Michael really are we!
chaz cheap. on 17:41 - Jun 23 with 2314 viewsadhoc_qpr

chaz cheap. on 17:20 - Jun 23 by PurleyHoop

he's only 25 - think the least he owes the club is one crack at promotion (although looking at the bigger picture a few years consolidation in the champ might do us good) if he really does want out, again fair enough - Les should make it very clear to him that we won't be accepting lower than 20m - looking comparatively at other English signings given his season, we're not taking the Michael really are we!

He owes us one more year IF nobody gives us an acceptable offer.

He'll be equally within his rights to request a transfer, but again we only have to sell for an offer we deem fit (unless we get hammered by FFP and can't be picky).
chaz cheap. on 17:51 - Jun 23 with 2297 viewseghamranger

chaz cheap. on 17:41 - Jun 23 by adhoc_qpr

He owes us one more year IF nobody gives us an acceptable offer.

He'll be equally within his rights to request a transfer, but again we only have to sell for an offer we deem fit (unless we get hammered by FFP and can't be picky).

Thought he got married and is on his honeymoon now, so that's why I'm hoping that nothing is happening on the transfer front.
I'm hoping that he doesn't want to move house and all the fuss involved and if Philips stays and some others it might make him stay. However if chelsea call and he doesn't have to move house he could transfer.
He was big mates with Joey and now he has gone that may influence him.
In an ideal world for us supporters, he loves the club, with Chris and Les running it, sees how we start the season and if we are looking like a mid table side he would go in jan.if we are playing like world beaters, he could stay!
Championship beaters then I suppose
chaz cheap. on 18:08 - Jun 23 with 2275 viewsSpiritofGregory

At the end of the day he knows how to put the ball in the back of the net and that's what counts. You know what you are going to get with him, he'll guarantee other Premier League clubs 20 goals a season. You have to pay for that. If it was Southamptom clubs would be throwing money at them.

We have a terrible reputation at negotiating and clubs look down on us because of that. One thing is certain we can't let the Remy situation happen again. Sign another striker or put a time limit on his transfer. Clubs think that we will buckle because they know he has a year left on his contract, probably think we need his transfer money to strengthen the squad etc and therefore think they can sign him on the cheap.

Time to do what they least expect.
chaz cheap. on 21:58 - Jun 23 with 2182 viewsNW5Hoop

chaz cheap. on 11:06 - Jun 23 by adhoc_qpr

I honestly can't see a single attribute that Kane has that Austin isn't better at?

I know Kane scored bucket loads of goals - but he isn't skillful, isn't pacy, doesn't have a strong hold up game and doesn't even seem that clinical in his finishing (lots of scuffs etc).

Kane obviously has good instincts to get in the right place and on the end of things but i can't see him having another season like last.

Austin on the other hand improved massively throughout the season - some of his play in the Newcastle game was scintillating.

Honestly? I thought Kane was a significantly better player than Austin last season. But, as with Charlie, let's see how he does with a second season, and third and a fourth. You're a Premier League goalscorer when you've done it for three or four, not even one or two.
chaz cheap. on 22:03 - Jun 23 with 2173 viewsNW5Hoop

chaz cheap. on 13:54 - Jun 23 by connell10

Blimey poor old Chaz, going by some posts on here he ain't got no pace, he is a one season wonder and he is held together with blue tac!! We would better off paying off the rest of his contract and letting the sack of shite go for nothing!!

No, that's not what anyone's saying - I think everyone who supports QPR thinks he's great and wants him to stay. It's just there's a necessary counter to the greatest-thing-since-sliced-bread argument, because some of the valuations people are putting on him here are mind boggling. It takes a long time to be a proven goalscorer, and as I keep saying Grant Holt did exactly the same as Charlie through the divisions, and was on the brink of the England squad.
chaz cheap. on 23:12 - Jun 23 with 2088 viewsPunteR

Tbh i was unsure Austin could cut it in the prem but was happy to be proved wrong.
18 goals in the premier league speaks for itself.He's definitely worth £12-15 mill but the fact is, if we didn't get relegated we might be able to negotiate more,but we did.
I hope he does well next season. Unless he's playing for chelsea of course.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

chaz cheap. on 00:28 - Jun 24 with 2021 viewsbacardiinbrissie

TBH I think he's a decent striker who will do the job for any club he goes to. He's had a great year and done everything we've asked of him. Not certain he'l be as succesfull again next season now that the big boys have played against him.
Kane is a better striker and has a better all round game but Chaz rivals him in the stats.
Its going to be intresting to see how he does at his new club next season. Southampton wont take him because of his age i dont think. A mid table prem side would be a good move for him.
I wish him all the best and will be watching with intrest.
chaz cheap. on 08:50 - Jun 24 with 1895 viewsbosh67

Newcastle reportedly tabling a £14m bid by the end of the week.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

chaz cheap. on 08:59 - Jun 24 with 1885 viewsCamberleyR

chaz cheap. on 00:28 - Jun 24 by bacardiinbrissie

TBH I think he's a decent striker who will do the job for any club he goes to. He's had a great year and done everything we've asked of him. Not certain he'l be as succesfull again next season now that the big boys have played against him.
Kane is a better striker and has a better all round game but Chaz rivals him in the stats.
Its going to be intresting to see how he does at his new club next season. Southampton wont take him because of his age i dont think. A mid table prem side would be a good move for him.
I wish him all the best and will be watching with intrest.

"Southampton wont take him because of his age i dont think."

Eh? He's 25 just coming up to 26, just coming into the prime of his career.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

chaz cheap. on 09:05 - Jun 24 with 1877 viewsPommyhoop

Obviously I want the most dosh we can get for him and I haven't heard any interest from them.But I'd like Charley boy to cross the border over to Swansea. I reckon he'd score untold over there with the service he'd get from all over the park..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

chaz cheap. on 09:25 - Jun 24 with 1827 viewsjohncharles

chaz cheap. on 08:50 - Jun 24 by bosh67

Newcastle reportedly tabling a £14m bid by the end of the week.

Now that's more like it. Sure there are other teams interested who will have to go up from there.

Strong and stable my arse.

chaz cheap. on 09:56 - Jun 24 with 1800 viewsGetMeRangers

chaz cheap. on 09:25 - Jun 24 by johncharles

Now that's more like it. Sure there are other teams interested who will have to go up from there.

Been mentioned before, that he is good mates with JB. Here is what the self-publicist shared:

http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/06/charlie-austin-quizzes-joey-barton-about-newcast

For all of his faults, I still think, if his wage demands had been reasonable, that keeping JB at the club might have made senses... definitely if it had meant Charlie had stayed (though doubt it would have made any difference)
chaz cheap. on 11:52 - Jun 24 with 1731 viewsNW10Hoop

chaz cheap. on 14:54 - Jun 23 by Mvpeter

I would say Midtable starter money now for a forward is £12-15m transfer fee, £40-70k a week wages. Sounds like asking for £15m is entirely fair to me. WE took the gamble on his fitness when others wouldn't. WE gave him his first taste of Premier league football. So if anything we've taken the element of risk out of the equation for any club looking at him. He stayed fit all season and scored a load of goals. QPR should be compensated fairly if he ends up moving clubs.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2015 11:57]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024