Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tour de france 2015 thread 14:48 - Jun 29 with 16271 viewsjackforever

Big race starting this weekend and 10 British riders including 2 welshmen will make it all the more interesting. Team sky packed with brits which thankfully is a complete reversal from the giro. Hope cav is back to his best and can dominate stage wins.
Fantastic event and one of my highlights of the sporting calender.
tour de france 2015 thread on 12:05 - Jul 7 with 1742 viewsperchrockjack

It was Hereford

I was on a bike at Gym and must have done far more than normal.

I feel Froome will press on now.

He s a likeable guy and a good role model.

A killing sport and yep that crash was sickening.

As Ive said many times, without doubt, THE hardest sport

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

tour de france 2015 thread on 12:07 - Jul 7 with 1741 viewsWarwickHunt

tour de france 2015 thread on 00:01 - Jul 7 by Mervyn

What a spectacular pile up ..........so many riders coming close to a head on with that lamp post......lots of injuries today but thankfully so it seems their not career ending.

I pissed myself when I saw it on the news.

Does that make me a bad person?
tour de france 2015 thread on 12:14 - Jul 7 with 1737 viewsperchrockjack

When I was a kid, my dad took me to stock car racing at Neath Abbey, basically to see crashes. Seeds were sown.

SADLY, I was 17 when a good chum of mine was killed on his bike by an old guy in a Morris 1000 and basically dismembered as he wasn't wearing a crash helmet (you didn't have to in 1967, young un s). Funeral kinda refocused my brain .Ever since, I don't get off on any crashes in any sport .

Speedway also saw some horrendous injuries to nice guys.

Brave people are anyone who race at speed

tour de france 2015 thread on 13:37 - Jul 7 with 1721 viewsMervyn

tour de france 2015 thread on 12:07 - Jul 7 by WarwickHunt

I pissed myself when I saw it on the news.

Does that make me a bad person?

No ...not at all.....as long you dont spoil this thread lol
tour de france 2015 thread on 15:14 - Jul 7 with 1700 viewsJFSwan

How many premier league footballers would finish a game with broken vertebrae
tour de france 2015 thread on 16:09 - Jul 7 with 1690 viewsorion3016

tour de france 2015 thread on 15:14 - Jul 7 by JFSwan

How many premier league footballers would finish a game with broken vertebrae

That's a tough one......

Geraint thomas doing an incredible job for froome again today. Not impressed with the rest of team sky domestics they are nowhere again and this is a flat stage

Be over there now after

tour de france 2015 thread on 17:39 - Jul 7 with 1666 viewsImAlrightJack

tour de france 2015 thread on 16:09 - Jul 7 by orion3016

That's a tough one......

Geraint thomas doing an incredible job for froome again today. Not impressed with the rest of team sky domestics they are nowhere again and this is a flat stage

Froome won't win it and it's not a definete he'll complete the race anyway after he proved quite prone to delayed injuries on cobbles last year.

Contrador has the best chance to win, Nibali's kinda far off the pace now and needs a few special stages.
tour de france 2015 thread on 17:56 - Jul 7 with 1662 viewsorion3016

tour de france 2015 thread on 17:39 - Jul 7 by ImAlrightJack

Froome won't win it and it's not a definete he'll complete the race anyway after he proved quite prone to delayed injuries on cobbles last year.

Contrador has the best chance to win, Nibali's kinda far off the pace now and needs a few special stages.

Froome need more support from others in his team. There are so many big stages that it's hard to predict and it will go to the Penultimate stage up alpe d'huez to decide the outcome

Be over there now after

Login to get fewer ads

tour de france 2015 thread on 19:03 - Jul 7 with 1651 viewsperchrockjack

Hard to say he wont win.
He looks comfortable.

The mountains are always key

tour de france 2015 thread on 22:51 - Jul 7 with 1607 viewsjackforever

tour de france 2015 thread on 19:03 - Jul 7 by perchrockjack

Hard to say he wont win.
He looks comfortable.

The mountains are always key

Agree perchie. So far froome has impressed more than the other gc riders. Agree a few more sky riders need to be showing up at the latter stagers of the day but in G they have a super domestique who is looking ready to step up imo. Is porte riding?
tour de france 2015 thread on 23:05 - Jul 7 with 1597 viewsMervyn

tour de france 2015 thread on 22:51 - Jul 7 by jackforever

Agree perchie. So far froome has impressed more than the other gc riders. Agree a few more sky riders need to be showing up at the latter stagers of the day but in G they have a super domestique who is looking ready to step up imo. Is porte riding?

Froome looks in good nick to me and certainly up there with a chance....Geraint doing us proud and had a another good ride...fair play to Tony Martin great finish after such a long day in the saddle
tour de france 2015 thread on 23:38 - Jul 7 with 1591 viewsBanosswan

I'm so chuffed for Tony martin. The guy is a machine. He hangs himself out to dry for his team mates, he deserves this.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

tour de france 2015 thread on 10:06 - Jul 8 with 1545 viewsperchrockjack

Have to say that in sporting terms it was pretty emotional stuff. Something about this event that brings out massive sentimentality in me.

Those cobble stones really are madness though and no reason to select a route over them apart from making it more cruel than it needs to be.

Good to see Welsh flags there too

tour de france 2015 thread on 10:21 - Jul 8 with 1542 viewsPegojack

Can't see how anyone can say Froome isn't going to win it after the first three stages! His object in the first stages is to stay well in contention before his specialty kicks in, the mountains, and he's doing it extremely well at the moment. He looks comfortable and very fit, and will have been chuffed to have avoided any problems on the cobbles.

The only concern, as has been pointed out, is that Team Sky as a whole aren't supporting him very well, with the notable exception of Geraint.

I'd have been no good over those cobbles, the dust would have played havoc with my contact lenses!
tour de france 2015 thread on 10:55 - Jul 8 with 1530 viewsBanosswan

I think (hope) they are trying a different tactic this year. The days of dominating the peloton like they did for Wiggins are long gone. Richy is a good climber, so maybe they're wrapping him in cotton wool to support froome in the mountains.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

tour de france 2015 thread on 15:23 - Jul 8 with 1515 viewsJFSwan

A day for Cav today ? or will he be burnt out from working for Tony Martin on the cobbles ?

Wind causing Havoc atm and cav just punctured
tour de france 2015 thread on 08:56 - Jul 9 with 1463 viewsjackforever

tour de france 2015 thread on 15:23 - Jul 8 by JFSwan

A day for Cav today ? or will he be burnt out from working for Tony Martin on the cobbles ?

Wind causing Havoc atm and cav just punctured

Not looking great for cav with sprint stages running out and greipel looking so quick.
tour de france 2015 thread on 10:35 - Jul 9 with 1447 viewsJFSwan

Indeed, and this is without Marcel Kittel thrown in.

Today looks tailor made for Sagan.
Its a shame because Sagan is a likable man, yet i'm not fussed on Mr tinkof so would prefer somebody else to win
tour de france 2015 thread on 21:32 - Jul 9 with 1395 viewsjackforever

Well yet another dull day!!! Tony martin bust collar bone after yet another crash on a straight piece of road. Froome back in yellow tomorrow with martin out.
tour de france 2015 thread on 21:33 - Jul 9 with 1394 viewsblueytheblue

tour de france 2015 thread on 21:32 - Jul 9 by jackforever

Well yet another dull day!!! Tony martin bust collar bone after yet another crash on a straight piece of road. Froome back in yellow tomorrow with martin out.

Martin wasn't going to hold it once mountains arrived anyway.

It'll hurt Cav though, losing a lead out man.

Hard to look past Froome to win at the moment.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

tour de france 2015 thread on 08:07 - Jul 10 with 1364 viewsJFSwan

Losing Martin is a huge blow to Cav and ettix-quickstep, a huge asset to the team all around and particularity with a team time trial still to come
tour de france 2015 thread on 08:49 - Jul 10 with 1352 viewsPegojack

tour de france 2015 thread on 08:07 - Jul 10 by JFSwan

Losing Martin is a huge blow to Cav and ettix-quickstep, a huge asset to the team all around and particularity with a team time trial still to come

I only saw the highlights briefly last night, but what was Martin doing? He didn't appear to be in a particularly tight or stressful situation, but just seemed suddenly to dip his shoulder into the bloke on his right and crash over. Did they analyse it at all, or talk to him about it?
tour de france 2015 thread on 09:00 - Jul 10 with 1349 viewsBatterseajack

tour de france 2015 thread on 08:49 - Jul 10 by Pegojack

I only saw the highlights briefly last night, but what was Martin doing? He didn't appear to be in a particularly tight or stressful situation, but just seemed suddenly to dip his shoulder into the bloke on his right and crash over. Did they analyse it at all, or talk to him about it?

He clipped the wheel in front. That's some price to pay for a momentary laps of concentration. Fair play to him though, he knew straight away his collar bone broke, yet he still finished the race, congratulated the winner, carried out the podium presentation including taking off his yellow jersey and putting a new one on, did a couple of interviews for the cameras before finally going to hospital!
tour de france 2015 thread on 09:02 - Jul 10 with 1348 viewsBatterseajack

^^^^ turns out it was a multiple fracture with a piece of collarbone breaking through the skin. The guy is hard as nails
tour de france 2015 thread on 09:09 - Jul 10 with 1345 viewsperchrockjack

Yet before going to hospital he goes to the Press room for interviews and checks up with team mates.

As Ive said, THE toughest sporting event in the world by a country mile and the hardest men.

Frankly, they are awesome

I hate to see crashes but its part of the sport.

For those in doubt, get on your bike and fall off at 5mph on a road whilst being clipped into the pedals.

Compare with the shenigans of footballers when they hit the deck and it really shows football in a disgusting light

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024