Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tour de france 2015 thread 14:48 - Jun 29 with 16267 viewsjackforever

Big race starting this weekend and 10 British riders including 2 welshmen will make it all the more interesting. Team sky packed with brits which thankfully is a complete reversal from the giro. Hope cav is back to his best and can dominate stage wins.
Fantastic event and one of my highlights of the sporting calender.
tour de france 2015 thread on 19:40 - Jul 25 with 2084 viewsBanosswan

tour de france 2015 thread on 18:49 - Jul 25 by ImAlrightJack

So, Froome is going to win it when I said he won't, the thing is there was no cobbles stages like last year, which was the reason he pulled out.

Been following each stage for the whole 4 hours daily, recording each one then watching it from start to finish when I get back from work.

Quintana is going to win this race one day, it's just a matter of time. Froome just kept chasing him every time he attacked, he couldn't get rid of him. It reminded me of the 1998 tour when Pantani (RIP), took the yellow jersey off the previous year's winner Ullrich with four stages left. The following day, Ullrich broke away only for Pantani to do the same and follow him, he couldn't get him off his back and had to settle for a stage win on the line.

Away from the doping, that tour actually had many great moments, especially Channel 4 having Robbie McEwen talking about the day ahead while cycling on his bike at the same time!. ITV4 just keeps chucking ads on and that Sure one.... I think I know the whole script now!.

Will mute the TV tomorrow when that jingolistic unofficial British anthem plays on the Champs Eleeseys tomorrow though!. I like Froome; Wiggins is a dick trying to be funny and failing miserably, unlike G after his crash.

Apart from that stage with nine cobbled sections?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

tour de france 2015 thread on 19:44 - Jul 25 with 2079 viewsPacemaker

tour de france 2015 thread on 19:40 - Jul 25 by Banosswan

Apart from that stage with nine cobbled sections?

I thought I had imagined that scene with the dust cloud billowing away and all the riders with black faces. A tribute to the Paris -Roubaix race I think they called it.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

tour de france 2015 thread on 20:22 - Jul 25 with 2052 viewsperchrockjack

Froome might not be one of the greats per se but his victory is amongst the bravest.

Quintana is more naturally talented but from has a massive heart and good on him.

It's been outstanding viewing.

It was great to see the tour up close last year. But TV shows what it's really about

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

tour de france 2015 thread on 20:26 - Jul 25 with 2048 viewsImAlrightJack

Well, the cobbles on that stage were not exactly anywhere like the ones last year, then on top of that last year, it also rained awfully, making it worse.

Have plans to go to Paris next year to see the end, has to be done.
tour de france 2015 thread on 20:28 - Jul 25 with 2037 viewsperchrockjack

Have friends there tomorrow.

It's one of sport s great days

tour de france 2015 thread on 20:35 - Jul 25 with 2034 viewsleighton1318

No one here thinks Froome is doing then?
tour de france 2015 thread on 01:35 - Jul 26 with 1972 viewsPacemaker

tour de france 2015 thread on 20:22 - Jul 25 by perchrockjack

Froome might not be one of the greats per se but his victory is amongst the bravest.

Quintana is more naturally talented but from has a massive heart and good on him.

It's been outstanding viewing.

It was great to see the tour up close last year. But TV shows what it's really about

First rider since Merxc to win polka dot and yellow jerseys must make him a great in anybody's book.

tour de france 2015 thread on 01:37 - Jul 26 with 1971 viewsPacemaker

tour de france 2015 thread on 20:26 - Jul 25 by ImAlrightJack

Well, the cobbles on that stage were not exactly anywhere like the ones last year, then on top of that last year, it also rained awfully, making it worse.

Have plans to go to Paris next year to see the end, has to be done.

Get on one of the climbs rather than the finish, it's a much better experience.

Login to get fewer ads

tour de france 2015 thread on 10:21 - Jul 26 with 1931 viewsperchrockjack

pace

Im not knocking Froome, I love him but I stand by what I posted as few would included him in a list of Anquetil,Indurain,Merckx,Hinault,Barteli,Gimondi,Koppi even Sean Kelly.
It could well change though.

This has been an epic performance

tour de france 2015 thread on 10:38 - Jul 26 with 1922 viewsjackforever

tour de france 2015 thread on 20:35 - Jul 25 by leighton1318

No one here thinks Froome is doing then?

Surely the point is nobody knows, he has never tested positive unlike a few of his GC rivals and his team have always put out a zero tolerance policy. Always amazes me why certain known cheats are treated better than a guy who has always tested clean.
tour de france 2015 thread on 10:50 - Jul 26 with 1912 viewsperchrockjack

As Ive commented before mainly its the French and their inability to get over they seemingly cannot win the/their tour.

Le Mond too, is well out of order with his remarks; I had my doubts over hi when he beat Fignon right at the end of the tour.

Anqetil was known to take stimulants and remains a French icon .

Just wanted to add Niboli had a karma moment with that puncture

tour de france 2015 thread on 11:23 - Jul 26 with 1908 viewsjackforever

tour de france 2015 thread on 10:50 - Jul 26 by perchrockjack

As Ive commented before mainly its the French and their inability to get over they seemingly cannot win the/their tour.

Le Mond too, is well out of order with his remarks; I had my doubts over hi when he beat Fignon right at the end of the tour.

Anqetil was known to take stimulants and remains a French icon .

Just wanted to add Niboli had a karma moment with that puncture

Spot on there pal.
Strange how karma seems to strike so often in cycling. Nibali being a great example.
tour de france 2015 thread on 12:18 - Jul 26 with 1895 viewsperchrockjack

Have to say if I d been Froome, after being gobbed on at close range Id be tempted to tw@t him or show my balls in his face ,or whichever jacksummat suggests is the way to deal with dickeahsds.

Nibali broke all the laws of etiquette and then made it worse by openly lying at the post race interviews

tour de france 2015 thread on 12:54 - Jul 26 with 1891 viewsPacemaker

tour de france 2015 thread on 10:21 - Jul 26 by perchrockjack

pace

Im not knocking Froome, I love him but I stand by what I posted as few would included him in a list of Anquetil,Indurain,Merckx,Hinault,Barteli,Gimondi,Koppi even Sean Kelly.

Due to the scientific, diet, technological and engineering developments it will never be possible to compare the likes of the greats with today's riders. But Froome sure is a tough guy he has had to drag himself up these last few climbs more or less on his own when Movistar and the others have all attacked him in turn.

In my opinion Merckx was the one rider who stands out amongst them all. Whether any of them were clean is anyone's guess, it would certainly appear that amphetamine was used throughout the 50s and probably up to the 80s when the cheating really reached a new level with probably the majority of big teams implicated.

How much satisfaction if any, they take from winning by cheating is anyone's guess, Armstrongs defence that "everyone was doing it" might help some sleep at night.

tour de france 2015 thread on 13:04 - Jul 26 with 1891 viewsPacemaker

tour de france 2015 thread on 10:21 - Jul 26 by perchrockjack

pace

double post
[Post edited 26 Jul 2015 14:42]

tour de france 2015 thread on 13:31 - Jul 26 with 1888 viewsblueytheblue

Froome had great start to Tour; last few stages has been hanging on.

Some rivals have got a lot stronger as the Tour has gone on.

Wonder which category of racer French TV want to point fingers at?

Poll: Alternate POTY final

tour de france 2015 thread on 14:00 - Jul 26 with 1879 viewsperchrockjack

Merckx all round cyclist on all surfaces and all distances.

Truly one of sports greatest .

tour de france 2015 thread on 15:31 - Jul 26 with 1861 viewsJFSwan

tour de france 2015 thread on 14:00 - Jul 26 by perchrockjack

Merckx all round cyclist on all surfaces and all distances.

Truly one of sports greatest .

To win the classics and the grand tours in one thing, but how anybody can win best climber,best sprinter and overall GC id beyond my scale of thought.

Just imagine Cavendish winning yellow, or Foome winning a sprint, on an old heavy bike too.
tour de france 2015 thread on 15:43 - Jul 26 with 1857 viewsJFSwan

Champs Elysees sprint today,

Cavendish apparently sprinting for a new contract at Ettix, will be tough without Renshaw leading him out. Hasn't won this stage since Marcel kittel burst onto the scene.

Griepel, Degenkolb, Sagan, Kristoff all surely to be up there bumping elbows.
tour de france 2015 thread on 16:40 - Jul 26 with 1838 viewsperchrockjack

I don't want to repeat myself without good reason.

Pace...

I blame the wifi thingy.

Stay safe

tour de france 2015 thread on 20:41 - Jul 26 with 1814 viewsImAlrightJack

Oh f*ck off Froome, you only won cos you had a Welshman helping you.

Forza G and f*ck the union.
tour de france 2015 thread on 20:56 - Jul 26 with 1809 viewssherpajacob

tour de france 2015 thread on 12:54 - Jul 26 by Pacemaker

Due to the scientific, diet, technological and engineering developments it will never be possible to compare the likes of the greats with today's riders. But Froome sure is a tough guy he has had to drag himself up these last few climbs more or less on his own when Movistar and the others have all attacked him in turn.

In my opinion Merckx was the one rider who stands out amongst them all. Whether any of them were clean is anyone's guess, it would certainly appear that amphetamine was used throughout the 50s and probably up to the 80s when the cheating really reached a new level with probably the majority of big teams implicated.

How much satisfaction if any, they take from winning by cheating is anyone's guess, Armstrongs defence that "everyone was doing it" might help some sleep at night.

I recommend the secret race by Tyler hamilton.

Essentially everybody was on drugs, but us postal did it more effectively.

When hamilton left us postal to join csc the sporting director barnie riis asked what drugs us postal were on and where they could get them. He then asked hamilton if he'd ever had a blood transfusion. Hamilton lied and said no, so riis said "you should try it, it really helps"

The big isue was cycling authorities refusal to acknowledge and deal with problem and actual collusion and cover up at times.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

tour de france 2015 thread on 21:52 - Jul 26 with 1792 viewsImAlrightJack

Oh yes, God Save the Inland Revenue funded Arsenal supporting old hag!!!!.

Pathetic excuse for a sovereign state, let's just do what Transitria in Moldova did and proclaim independence with no Tory-control. That Moldovan strip of land got the idea right.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024