Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tour de france 2015 thread 14:48 - Jun 29 with 16269 viewsjackforever

Big race starting this weekend and 10 British riders including 2 welshmen will make it all the more interesting. Team sky packed with brits which thankfully is a complete reversal from the giro. Hope cav is back to his best and can dominate stage wins.
Fantastic event and one of my highlights of the sporting calender.
tour de france 2015 thread on 09:19 - Jul 10 with 2686 viewsjackforever

Agree perchy. Only disappointed for me is the racism story breaking. Time to defend football now. As if it was a PL footballers it would be headline news.
Froome not wearing yellow today as a mark of respect.

My lad has taken up the sport and the work they all put in is awesome. Kids crashing at speed and getting up and carrying on with tears down the face. Love the attitude shown across the sport. Highlight for me is travelling across wales watch him race cyclocross. Brilliant atmosphere and fantastic events.
tour de france 2015 thread on 09:38 - Jul 10 with 2670 viewsperchrockjack

There is still etiquette in cycling with regards to the Yellow Jersey.

I love football but morally and sportsmanship wise it is utterly of such attributes and guys like Sterling truly do take the pisss out of everyday "ordinary" fans and show zero respect to the sport that gives them a grotesque living.

So (ommy tommy) that footballers added to that growing list of mine; it ll be cricketers next

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

tour de france 2015 thread on 11:40 - Jul 10 with 2631 viewsJFSwan

Cancellera finished the stage with a snapped spine and martin finished with his collar bone pointing out through his skin, these people seems like they're in it for the sport, not the money.

You wouldn't fall off your bike on purpose, its natural, to stay up-right. Shame it cant be said for football above under 11s
tour de france 2015 thread on 20:58 - Jul 10 with 2603 viewsjackforever

Never ever rule out the manx missile. Great sprint finish, chuffed foe him be great to see him win a few more to lift him above hinault.
tour de france 2015 thread on 21:21 - Jul 10 with 2595 viewsBanosswan

He's only really got two opportunities left this yr. Be great to see him win on the champs Elysees again.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

tour de france 2015 thread on 08:30 - Jul 11 with 2541 viewsMervyn

tour de france 2015 thread on 20:58 - Jul 10 by jackforever

Never ever rule out the manx missile. Great sprint finish, chuffed foe him be great to see him win a few more to lift him above hinault.

I was also pleased for him....had to put up with some difficult interviews recently....great tour so far and what a rider Geraint Thomas is turning into
tour de france 2015 thread on 13:38 - Jul 12 with 2480 viewsorion3016

Tee jay vangarderen could be a big threat to froome. 3rd at the moment a good climber and team in bmc

Be over there now after

tour de france 2015 thread on 21:42 - Jul 12 with 2452 viewsBanosswan

if you are dropped on a team time trial, do you take the time of the fifth rider?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.

Login to get fewer ads

tour de france 2015 thread on 22:49 - Jul 12 with 2438 viewsPacemaker

tour de france 2015 thread on 13:38 - Jul 12 by orion3016

Tee jay vangarderen could be a big threat to froome. 3rd at the moment a good climber and team in bmc

He did do a job on TJ in the Criterium Dauphane in June so I think he has that extra confidence he can to him on the hills. BMC seen to be working together as a team better than anyone else at the moment so it will be interesting to see what evolves.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

tour de france 2015 thread on 09:37 - Jul 13 with 2399 viewsperchrockjack

Gonna be some week.

Good day for sky yesterday but I fear Quintana .

If froome wins, this will be one of the truly great ones

tour de france 2015 thread on 13:03 - Jul 13 with 2377 viewsProfessor

tour de france 2015 thread on 09:37 - Jul 13 by perchrockjack

Gonna be some week.

Good day for sky yesterday but I fear Quintana .

If froome wins, this will be one of the truly great ones

Do you think Movistar are up to the task supporting him? He is the best climber, but with so many mountain stages do you think they have the support riders like Porte and Geraint Thomas who could keep Froome at the front of multiple stages. One break away could finish Quintana's chances, but he would need to put about five minutes into Froome or Van Garderen on one stage to finish their chances. Tough given Sky and BMC's strengths.
tour de france 2015 thread on 13:09 - Jul 13 with 2373 viewsperchrockjack

We ll see prof...and to think some believe this event to be tedious. Beats me

tour de france 2015 thread on 13:22 - Jul 13 with 2369 viewsProfessor

tour de france 2015 thread on 13:09 - Jul 13 by perchrockjack

We ll see prof...and to think some believe this event to be tedious. Beats me

Yeah-just riding bikes!

As I said to my daughter imagine riding from Wrexham or Oswestry to Swansea every day for three weeks in not much longer time than driving, plus the tactical side-perhaps the greatest annual sporting event, certainly is to me. It is going through the Ardeche between the Pyrenees and Alps. We drove some of the route between Aubenas and Valence a few years back-a tough mountain road in a car-let alone a bike. This is only a Category 2 climb. I have seen Ventoux from a distance and you would have to be brave to cycle up that fresh and not after 150km of riding.
tour de france 2015 thread on 19:29 - Jul 13 with 2343 viewsBanosswan

Sad news about basso. Hopefully he'll just need an orchidectomy and no further treatment.

I think that in rare circumstances like this, Tinkoff should be able to replace him.

tour de france 2015 thread on 22:12 - Jul 13 with 2310 viewsPacemaker

Look at this from 2013 when Froome attacked on Mount Ventoux it's apparently genuine data from Froome's power meter/HRM. Froome is renowned for having a very low resting heart rate but his attack at 27 min 30s shows his HR hardly rising at all. If genuine he appears to be able to push out 550 w for 30 secs without touching his heart rate on one of the toughest climbs in the world.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

tour de france 2015 thread on 22:54 - Jul 13 with 2298 viewsblueytheblue

tour de france 2015 thread on 19:29 - Jul 13 by Banosswan

Sad news about basso. Hopefully he'll just need an orchidectomy and no further treatment.

I think that in rare circumstances like this, Tinkoff should be able to replace him.

Sad as it is, they should not be able to replace him.

Someone coming into the race fresh as it hits the mountains gives a competitive advantage.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

tour de france 2015 thread on 23:32 - Jul 13 with 2282 viewsBanosswan

tour de france 2015 thread on 22:54 - Jul 13 by blueytheblue

Sad as it is, they should not be able to replace him.

Someone coming into the race fresh as it hits the mountains gives a competitive advantage.

I did consider this and tbh, can't think of any fair solution. It's a shame for Tinkoff in such a rare situation.

tour de france 2015 thread on 08:10 - Jul 14 with 2251 viewsJFSwan

Fire works set for today final climb ? Everybody is expecting Quintana to attack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/33299630
tour de france 2015 thread on 18:30 - Jul 14 with 2216 viewsjackforever

Wow. What a ride by froome and team sky. Incredible
tour de france 2015 thread on 20:31 - Jul 14 with 2194 viewsperchrockjack

It was a bravura performance from Sky, finished off by Froome in style.

Geraint is a wonderful team man and please God he can sneak on to the podium in PARIS.

What you think , Humpty?

tour de france 2015 thread on 22:47 - Jul 14 with 2174 viewsorion3016

Whilst froome gets all the glory today, Geraint Thomas awesome and he's just a domestique. What a Welsh hero. He's riding himself into team leader somewhere sometime

Be over there now after

tour de france 2015 thread on 22:57 - Jul 14 with 2166 viewsjackforever

tour de france 2015 thread on 22:47 - Jul 14 by orion3016

Whilst froome gets all the glory today, Geraint Thomas awesome and he's just a domestique. What a Welsh hero. He's riding himself into team leader somewhere sometime

No doubt about it G is proving to the world he is capable of stepping up. Would love to see him get a chance to lead in a GT.
tour de france 2015 thread on 23:09 - Jul 14 with 2156 viewsMervyn

Fantastic performance from G and Ritchie, Froome just blew them away.
he must be feeling so confident seeing some of big contenders dropping off.
What fantastic entertainment these riders provide
tour de france 2015 thread on 23:49 - Jul 14 with 2133 viewsBanosswan

G is the man. He should get more recognition as to what an ambassador he is for Wales

tour de france 2015 thread on 10:05 - Jul 15 with 2079 viewsperchrockjack

He comes over superbly.

No crap, no media speak no arrogance just confidence.

I don't care ,frankly, if he s a Cardiff supporter.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024