Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Ramsey 16:53 - Sep 26 with 7099 viewsFirehoop

just for peoples information, Chris Ramsey had a personal tragedy this week, a sudden death in the family ! I know it doesn't change anything , but maybe put things in perspective !
Chris Ramsey on 23:33 - Sep 27 with 1673 viewsessextaxiboy

Chris Ramsey on 23:25 - Sep 27 by 2Thomas2Bowles

He should never have been given the job in the first place, that's the mistake and it needs addressing not just carrying on when it's clearly not working out.

That's madness.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2015 23:27]

So you would sack him now and pay off his contract and possibly Les and pay off his contract .Then you would employ a new guy on a contract which would be long enough and pay enough to attract a high quality guy and maybe 2 or 3 backroom staff . This bloke would be happy to come in without knowing the extent of the ffp fine and how that could affect the Jan window ... is that right ? After 9 games ? Sorry I just think thats mad .. just my opinion
Chris Ramsey on 00:34 - Sep 28 with 1642 viewsMatch82

Chris Ramsey on 15:19 - Sep 27 by Hunterhoop

Agree, Essex. We've been rubbish in 3 of the last 4 games and good in one. Before that it was the other way around. We've no idea how things will go if given a proper stretch but everyone seems entirely focused on the 'now'.

Ramsey clearly has all the coaching qualifications you need. He's over qualified as a coach. My concern is either his motivational skills or the players aren't playing for them. Either are a problem, but backing him and reinforcing his authority could help. Get rid of him reinforces power sitting with the players, whoever comes in.

Regardless of all this, if the players couldn't give all for him when his sister died suddenly in the week, then they should be ashamed of themselves as men.

This is why the next game is so big for me. If the players come out with anything other than 100% motivation to redeem themselves, it's pretty damning of Ramsey.

I'm not past hope yet (particularly because I have zero faith that we would appoint a successful replacement) but getting close.
Chris Ramsey on 03:23 - Sep 28 with 1589 viewsessextaxiboy

Chris Ramsey on 00:34 - Sep 28 by Match82

This is why the next game is so big for me. If the players come out with anything other than 100% motivation to redeem themselves, it's pretty damning of Ramsey.

I'm not past hope yet (particularly because I have zero faith that we would appoint a successful replacement) but getting close.

I reluctantly agree . After a performance like Fridays and knowing he has had some personal sh*t to deal with if we dont see a committed effort Sat then its going to hard to make the case that he still has them with him . Committed .. not a win
Chris Ramsey on 05:38 - Sep 28 with 1573 viewsstansleftfoot

At this absurd time in the morning I offer up these thoughts.
With a structure of DOF Sir Les Ferdinand and Head Coach ( or whatever we call him ) Chris Ramsey it is clear there are going to be glaring gaps in our management.
Sir Les will be unsure how much to get involved on the training pitch.
Chris Ramsey will not have the experience of pushing a side during a game onto being competitive. Youth team football bears no similarity to a competitive Championship match.
Watching Ramsey in the coaching box you can see he is analysing performance without demanding movement, structure, defensive line, or even effort.
We are missing a voice on the pitch and from the by-line.
Its not clear whether the management duo can see this, maybe Roo can, but a stronger more vocal Game Manager would not be a bad move right now. To get the players minds more focussed on the moment, there are just too many errors currently to make a challenge or perhaps even keep out of relegation trouble.
The errors cannot be trained out during the week in my opinion, the level of competition in the Championship cannot be replicated during a training session especially with two games a week.
Not sure who Ramsey's Sergeant Major should be but the Gerry Francis type is obviously an answer...it wont be Gerry but somebody like him.
Ramsey and Sherwood are the right profile.....Ramsey looks lonely, quiet and unhappy alone on the touchline....he is a right hand man, a very good one no doubt...we are looking for leaders certainly on the pitch but also alongside an increasingly unhappy Ramsey.
Chris Ramsey on 06:10 - Sep 28 with 1565 viewsLblock

Chris Ramsey on 03:23 - Sep 28 by essextaxiboy

I reluctantly agree . After a performance like Fridays and knowing he has had some personal sh*t to deal with if we dont see a committed effort Sat then its going to hard to make the case that he still has them with him . Committed .. not a win

Careful now.... You're wobbling there!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Chris Ramsey on 07:00 - Sep 28 with 1538 viewsessextaxiboy

Chris Ramsey on 06:10 - Sep 28 by Lblock

Careful now.... You're wobbling there!

If Sandro is fit and he selects Henry instead , I would struggle to understand that . TBH I still would not want him to go . Its too early and too expensive and would not guarantee an improvement as we know ..
Chris Ramsey on 08:04 - Sep 28 with 1499 viewsisawqpratwcity

Chris Ramsey on 07:00 - Sep 28 by essextaxiboy

If Sandro is fit and he selects Henry instead , I would struggle to understand that . TBH I still would not want him to go . Its too early and too expensive and would not guarantee an improvement as we know ..

I'm with you, Essex.

I still think TF was right to call the end of Warnock when he did. He had obviously lost the dressing room (through rushed recruitments that had been forced on him by T&C) and we were knocking loudly on the relegation places, so doing it to give a new manager the transfer window was the best TF could do.

Unfortunately TF thought that well-regarded managers with runs on the board would be a safe bet. Yeh, right! So anybody with a healthy respect for pain knows to be reluctant to repeat actions that have been problematic in the past.

For that reason, I look at CR's record this season and say that it isn't bad enough yet. I'd give him at least another month.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Chris Ramsey on 08:14 - Sep 28 with 1493 viewsozexile

For all of Ramsey's qualifications and what not. I'd love to get an answer as to our kick off routine on Friday? Did we actually train that into someone? If my u/10 girls team done that I'd feel embarrassed as a coach.
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Ramsey on 09:29 - Sep 28 with 1448 viewsessextaxiboy

Chris Ramsey on 08:14 - Sep 28 by ozexile

For all of Ramsey's qualifications and what not. I'd love to get an answer as to our kick off routine on Friday? Did we actually train that into someone? If my u/10 girls team done that I'd feel embarrassed as a coach.

Loads of teams kick off like that , both Forest and Blackburn did it at LR recently,
teams used to do it against us a lot when Bignot was at RB .

Some stats guru has obviously proved it has some merit , maybe its simply a yardage thing .
Chris Ramsey on 09:46 - Sep 28 with 1437 viewsngbqpr

I'm still leaning towards sticking rather than twisting for a little longer.

Much as I keep telling my kids the Championship is a lottery where results are impossible to predict....I can't help looking at the five October fixtures, thinking there's nothing scary there...let's see where we are after that

There would still be 30+ games to go, which in this division is ample time to collect the points that lead to a surge towards the top or halt a slide towards the bottom

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Chris Ramsey on 11:01 - Sep 28 with 1372 viewswillis1980

taking the personal loss out of the equation (as history would suggest it has little to do with the teams performance) i think our real problem is we we dont even have a plan A unless lumping the ball up to an attacking midfielder who may or may not have a sudden brain wave and create something from nothing. once teams negate our option to do so we panic and pass the ball back to a keeper who then panics. We look and act like a bunch of big time charlies that think they can turn up on matchdays without a plan and roll over the opposition, when this comes off that great but when it doesnt it exposes our sides weaknesses for all and sundry to see. A lot of people saw this against palace last season and wanted ramsey gone then. I may be wrong but i see disaster ahead
Chris Ramsey on 11:47 - Sep 28 with 1332 viewsHunterhoop

Chris Ramsey on 08:04 - Sep 28 by isawqpratwcity

I'm with you, Essex.

I still think TF was right to call the end of Warnock when he did. He had obviously lost the dressing room (through rushed recruitments that had been forced on him by T&C) and we were knocking loudly on the relegation places, so doing it to give a new manager the transfer window was the best TF could do.

Unfortunately TF thought that well-regarded managers with runs on the board would be a safe bet. Yeh, right! So anybody with a healthy respect for pain knows to be reluctant to repeat actions that have been problematic in the past.

For that reason, I look at CR's record this season and say that it isn't bad enough yet. I'd give him at least another month.

Yeah, I'm with Essex too. I just don't think getting rid of him is the right thing to do in the medium or long term, and I'm far from convinced it would make any difference in the short term. As I said, it just reinforces this state of the power being with the players. Don't work hard for the coach...the coach gets sacked. What happens if one or two don't like the next coach then? It's not a good position to get into. The most successful club share one key trait...they made the manager/coach the one with all the authority; players were turfed out (regardless of ability) over turfing out the coach or manager.

Like Essex, I can't defend the continued selection of Henry, when he's playing so badly, rather than Sandro (or Doughty). I'd also throw Perch in there, if there was alternative option, because I simply don't think he looks like a footballer.

I'd prefer us to stick with him and with this current approach (Les DoF, etc) for at least another couple of months. Without Austin it's going to be bloody tough mind. No Austin, Mackie or Poulter for around a month makes life very tricky for him in terms of what shape to play and who plays furthest forward. We certainly won't be able to lump it long without a forward!
Chris Ramsey on 12:18 - Sep 28 with 1285 viewsdaveB

problem is although I'd love us to show stability and have been crying out for it for years we are in the box set generation now where people can't even wait a week to watch the next episode of a tv show let alone wait months for a manager to produce a decent football team. If we had lost on Friday showing fight and playing decent football I think most would have accepted that but the way we played and the way we have been playing in the last few weeks means knives are out and sadly another managerial change seems inevitable to me within the next month.
Chris Ramsey on 12:40 - Sep 28 with 1248 viewssimmo

Chris Ramsey on 11:47 - Sep 28 by Hunterhoop

Yeah, I'm with Essex too. I just don't think getting rid of him is the right thing to do in the medium or long term, and I'm far from convinced it would make any difference in the short term. As I said, it just reinforces this state of the power being with the players. Don't work hard for the coach...the coach gets sacked. What happens if one or two don't like the next coach then? It's not a good position to get into. The most successful club share one key trait...they made the manager/coach the one with all the authority; players were turfed out (regardless of ability) over turfing out the coach or manager.

Like Essex, I can't defend the continued selection of Henry, when he's playing so badly, rather than Sandro (or Doughty). I'd also throw Perch in there, if there was alternative option, because I simply don't think he looks like a footballer.

I'd prefer us to stick with him and with this current approach (Les DoF, etc) for at least another couple of months. Without Austin it's going to be bloody tough mind. No Austin, Mackie or Poulter for around a month makes life very tricky for him in terms of what shape to play and who plays furthest forward. We certainly won't be able to lump it long without a forward!

Furlong is apprently playing brilliant on loan, it's short term so I'd be inclined to bring him back and start playing him - was happy with the Perch buy but he's really struggling - better to have him as back up for multiple positions. Same goes for Konchesky, YSY needs to get back up to speed and lively.

As for Henry, I am not going to cover old ground or blame just one player for our poor performances, but needless to say I am not a fan of him in this team, in this division and especially not in the role we've given him. Unless he has a VERY specific job to disrupt I don't see how he gets in ahead of most of our other options. Sandro fitness aside, Doughty being dropped for him every week is piss poor from Ramsey, it seems like it's bordering on stubborn and pig-headed now.

As for the wider issue, I don't think replacing him will help things ultimately and I am inclined to stick with things. We win together and lose together and see where we are at a more reasonable time in the future - it's a long and potentially painful slog to get where we want to be. That being said and whilst I have defended him plenty on this board, more performances like Fulham and he will start to lose me as a voice of reason. Put aside the £75 it cost for me to take my little brother and cousin or the embarrassing conversations I have had to have in the office and on social media because everyone watched the disgrace on Sky - he's got the players, he's had the first part of the season to get people match fit, he's had time to bed in his system and his way of playing. He's got rid of the disruptive personalities in the dressing room so his voice is the only voice - basically he's running out of reasons why we perform the way we have for 3 of our last 4 games and if it doesn't bring about a change for the next few games, questions can be asked and answers will be needed.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Chris Ramsey on 14:33 - Sep 28 with 1184 viewsessextaxiboy

Chris Ramsey on 11:47 - Sep 28 by Hunterhoop

He could try Ned at RB with Perch and Hill on the bench.
Chris Ramsey on 21:05 - Sep 28 with 1063 viewsLblock

I'm missing the game on Saturday, usually I'd be gutted but actually I'm thinking "Thank Christ"

I'll be amazed if Benny doesn't start with:-
Sir Dropalot Green
Perch
Ned
Angela
Konck
Karl Henry-Ramsey
Faurlin
Phillips
Luango (sp)
Gladwin
Fer

That team is his exit note due to a pair of shocking full backs but most importantly the continued inclusion of Karl Henry-Ramsey. That piece of carrion brings the whole house of cards crashing down. He's the easy option for Faurlin and others to off load the ball to and his use of it is shocking beyond belief --- it slows the game down and invites the opposition to restack and pressure us for another turnover. It's why the long lump is increasingly entering our game.
Failure here, v Brum and or MK Franchise and they simply HAVE to act before Bentford as we'll be relegation fodder with zero confidence.

I'd obviously bin Benny before the international break to give Pearson time to get amongst them
I don't want Pearson but this is what I foresee due to his history with Lee Hoos

Calamity Park Rangers

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024