Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could be a crucial week for our future! 07:25 - Nov 2 with 6289 viewsSeasideranger

A heavy defeat ,as I expect, at Derby and the powers that be still stick with Ramsey I think the dis harmony among many will become irreversible!
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 14:14 - Nov 2 with 1785 viewswhittocksRs

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 12:58 - Nov 2 by adhoc_qpr

This is true.

But then in August most people thought we were in for a season of Poulter upfront, with the likes of Furlong, Kpekawa, Doughty, Grego-Cox etc getting game time.

That's a fair point.

The counter to it is I think Suk Yun or Kpekawa are better footballers than Konchesky, and that Doughty and Furlong should get more game time.

And I guess it's all pie in the sky when Fernandes has decided he wants more blood and promotion. Kids be damned.
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 14:20 - Nov 2 with 1770 viewsdaveB

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 13:40 - Nov 2 by Northolt_Rs

I'd forgotten all about the 'dream manager' tweet! FFS...

Dream manager was Clement but he bottled it so we gave it to Ramsey
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 14:47 - Nov 2 with 1734 viewsbatmanhoop

pretty sure we will lose, it's the manner of the defeat that will be the key. Another lackadaisical, don't give a toss performance and it will truly be melt-down time
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 15:33 - Nov 2 with 1681 viewsJAPRANGERS

I think we are bound to get well stuffed at Derby. But I guess CR will just soldier on, taking the abuse showered upon him. TF will at least let him see out the season.
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 16:54 - Nov 2 with 1613 viewsMonahoop

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 15:33 - Nov 2 by JAPRANGERS

I think we are bound to get well stuffed at Derby. But I guess CR will just soldier on, taking the abuse showered upon him. TF will at least let him see out the season.

Got to agree with this. CR is going nowhere too soon. Lamentable, but that's how I see it at present. It's been such a toxic club all round for the last few seasons, it would mean someone very special and by that I don't mean that attention seeking greaser down the road, to come in and turn things round and make the playing team something for the fans to respect again. Personally I've no idea who that 'special' person would be should CR go, as anyone available at the moment looks decidedly dodgy.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 20:34 - Nov 2 with 1515 viewsrichpr

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 12:47 - Nov 2 by YorkRanger

Loved Derry as a player, but his managerial record hardly breeds confidence.

he kept Notts Cty in division 1 when they were near certainties for relegation. The next season he had one of the smallest budgets in the league.

I like him - he appreciates hard work and attacking play. Now, there is a defensive midfielder who could play a bit as well.

Derry with Warnock is my vote + Hill as assistant
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 20:46 - Nov 2 with 1498 viewsdanehoop

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 20:34 - Nov 2 by richpr

he kept Notts Cty in division 1 when they were near certainties for relegation. The next season he had one of the smallest budgets in the league.

I like him - he appreciates hard work and attacking play. Now, there is a defensive midfielder who could play a bit as well.

No.

Never knowingly understood

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 20:51 - Nov 2 with 1491 viewsYorkRanger

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 20:34 - Nov 2 by richpr

The next season they got relegated. About a season's experience as manager in total. Sorry, not enough for me...
Login to get fewer ads

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 20:53 - Nov 2 with 1487 viewsflynnbo

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 20:46 - Nov 2 by danehoop

No.

Always wanted Warburton but that's never going to happen so would go for Ainsworth with Warnock and Hill in some capacity.
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 08:17 - Nov 3 with 1384 viewssimmo

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 20:53 - Nov 2 by flynnbo

Always wanted Warburton but that's never going to happen so would go for Ainsworth with Warnock and Hill in some capacity.

Let's be fair, there is absolutely zero to suggest Warburton would have done any better here, same goes for Clement. Derby are getting good results at the moment, but they were/are a million miles ahead of us with playing staff and off the pitch stuff. They have got a squad that's settled in the Championship and have run it close the last 2 years. It's nowehere near the difficult job that QPR is - we're a circus.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2015 9:13]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 08:40 - Nov 3 with 1375 viewsnix

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 08:17 - Nov 3 by simmo

Let's be fair, there is absolutely zero to suggest Warburton would have done any better here, same goes for Clement. Derby are getting good results at the moment, but they were/are a million miles ahead of us with playing staff and off the pitch stuff. They have got a squad that's settled in the Championship and have run it close the last 2 years. It's nowehere near the difficult job that QPR is - we're a circus.

I agree Simmo. Over the last few years we've had almost a complete squad overhaul nearly every season. It doesn't make for continuity and understanding among players.

We've barely had a settled back four for even five games in a row because of injury, transfers or just being so rubbish they had to be dropped. And nothing benefits your defence more than playing together regularly.

We've also had a board that change their mind on a whim about what they're expecting - not very settling for a manager.

Curious as to how Derby managed to keep all their players even after missing out on promotion a couple of years running with a good squad. Our best players always seem to want to leave, while we can't get rid of the no-hopers. I'd like to see continuity for at least till the end of the season, unless we really look like going down.
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 09:11 - Nov 3 with 1359 viewsPinnerPaul

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 08:17 - Nov 3 by simmo

The Derby love in continues.

Finishing outside the play offs isn't "running it close"
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 09:17 - Nov 3 with 1346 viewssimmo

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 09:11 - Nov 3 by PinnerPaul

The Derby love in continues.

Finishing outside the play offs isn't "running it close"

Such a pointless and contrary reply... They were top for most of last season, it was theirs to lose and that's what happened - a collapse in form right at the end mainly due to injuries is all that stopped them. Even with a really awful run in the last few months they still could have made the play-offs right up to the last game of the season.

It's also not a 'Derby love in' to compare them to us and say they are miles better equipped and with far more solid foundations than we have at this point.

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 09:55 - Nov 3 with 1297 viewsPinnerPaul

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 09:17 - Nov 3 by simmo

Such a pointless and contrary reply... They were top for most of last season, it was theirs to lose and that's what happened - a collapse in form right at the end mainly due to injuries is all that stopped them. Even with a really awful run in the last few months they still could have made the play-offs right up to the last game of the season.

It's also not a 'Derby love in' to compare them to us and say they are miles better equipped and with far more solid foundations than we have at this point.

I just wonder if there would be such an ambivalent attitude on here if we were in the top 6 all season, they were NOT "Top" "most of the season" though, and then we finished outside the play offs?

Would we be praising Ramsey for "running close"? I think not!

As others said yesterday, that followed by the start they had this season would have had everyone in complete melt down on here.
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 11:12 - Nov 3 with 1260 viewsJamie

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 12:58 - Nov 2 by adhoc_qpr

This is true.

But then in August most people thought we were in for a season of Poulter upfront, with the likes of Furlong, Kpekawa, Doughty, Grego-Cox etc getting game time.

In fairness, I suspect many would be more willing to accept a season of mid table mediocrity, if we were giving a chance to Kpekawa, Doughty, Comley, Sutherland, Petrasso, Furlong, Polter.

When you play Koncheskey, Henry, Onouha, Phillips & Austin over them though, it's hard to argue that anything other than challenging for promotion has to be expected.

*disclaimer* clearly Im not advocating dropping Onouha, Phillips & Austin for kids.
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 11:28 - Nov 3 with 1226 viewssimmo

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 09:55 - Nov 3 by PinnerPaul

I just wonder if there would be such an ambivalent attitude on here if we were in the top 6 all season, they were NOT "Top" "most of the season" though, and then we finished outside the play offs?

Would we be praising Ramsey for "running close"? I think not!

As others said yesterday, that followed by the start they had this season would have had everyone in complete melt down on here.

How is it ambivelant to state that Derby are a better run club than ours? If Ramsey spent almost an entire season in the play-off places I think many would be pleased, the point is it's harder to do that at the current QPR. My original post actually stuck up for Ramsey saying that it would have been easier for managers to succeed at the likes of Derby in comparison to us. Even if we were top, Derby would have a much better infrastructure and set-up than us. That is indisputable.

Be as pedantic as you like about them doing well last season but from the end of Sept last year until the very final day of the season they only dropped lower than 5th once, when they went to 6th after a draw with Watford in April. They spent 17 weeks in the top 2, for 10 of those they were top. They have been a very good Championship team for 2 seasons now.

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 11:34 - Nov 3 with 1217 viewsdaveB

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 11:12 - Nov 3 by Jamie

In fairness, I suspect many would be more willing to accept a season of mid table mediocrity, if we were giving a chance to Kpekawa, Doughty, Comley, Sutherland, Petrasso, Furlong, Polter.

When you play Koncheskey, Henry, Onouha, Phillips & Austin over them though, it's hard to argue that anything other than challenging for promotion has to be expected.

*disclaimer* clearly Im not advocating dropping Onouha, Phillips & Austin for kids.

I agree with that, I don't think we should play all kids for the sake of it but when we have a right back injured I'd like to see us try one of our own rather than move a player out of position. Rather than sign a left back on loan use one of the 3 we already have and when we have no strikers use Blackwood or a youth team player rather than loaning them all out. That was how Ramsey was sold to us and if that's what he was doing I think he'd have far more support than he currently does. What we are seeing is no different to what Redknapp was doing.
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 13:57 - Nov 3 with 1150 viewsJamie

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 11:34 - Nov 3 by daveB

I agree with that, I don't think we should play all kids for the sake of it but when we have a right back injured I'd like to see us try one of our own rather than move a player out of position. Rather than sign a left back on loan use one of the 3 we already have and when we have no strikers use Blackwood or a youth team player rather than loaning them all out. That was how Ramsey was sold to us and if that's what he was doing I think he'd have far more support than he currently does. What we are seeing is no different to what Redknapp was doing.

There's been a couple of very strange decisions recently to be fair.

Paying £1m for Polter and then putting 4 centre midfielders on the bench ahead of him is mind boggling even if you're one of those who have him as their boo boy.

Giving Kpekawa a few chances, him impressing, then him disappearing. Behind the poor Koncheskey, presumably behind Yun, who we know is a decent LB but is being ignored, yet not loaned out to get games.

I just can't understand why Ramsey has chosen to play someone else's team in his only shot at management. If he'd played the kids and been sacked, he could've passed it off as the owners needing instant success, but going against the principles he espoused to chase quick success isn't going to look particularly good when he is inevitably sacked.
Could be a crucial week for our future! on 14:12 - Nov 3 with 1129 viewsadhoc_qpr

Could be a crucial week for our future! on 13:57 - Nov 3 by Jamie

There's been a couple of very strange decisions recently to be fair.

Paying £1m for Polter and then putting 4 centre midfielders on the bench ahead of him is mind boggling even if you're one of those who have him as their boo boy.

Giving Kpekawa a few chances, him impressing, then him disappearing. Behind the poor Koncheskey, presumably behind Yun, who we know is a decent LB but is being ignored, yet not loaned out to get games.

I just can't understand why Ramsey has chosen to play someone else's team in his only shot at management. If he'd played the kids and been sacked, he could've passed it off as the owners needing instant success, but going against the principles he espoused to chase quick success isn't going to look particularly good when he is inevitably sacked.

Exactly!

No one is saying play the kids at the expense of senior players as a rule, but when our right back is injured Furlong (or Harriman!) should be able to fill in for a few games.

Likewise with Poulter, suddenly he's not even good enough for the bench despite injuries, us paying £1m for him and him playing less than 45 mins of football?

Henry vs Doughty is another baffling one - not saying Doughty is Makalele reborn but he's been decent enough and yet can't get minutes ahead of Henry who we actually tried to release.

If Ramsey isn't playing the long game (and he isn't) then we might as well have someone who is a better manager to get results this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024