Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Ramsey so far.. 10:24 - Nov 4 with 5912 viewsbosh67

Games 32 Wins 9 Draws 6 Losses 17 Win rate 28.13%

32 games 33 points

Discuss...

17 losses by the way.... Sorry, discuss....

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 16:35 - Nov 4 with 1074 viewsToast_R

Begs a few questions though,

Just say we believed Furlong isn’t ready for the Championship yet as does Ramsey. Why was Ramsey picking him the Premier League when he was trying to save the club from relegation?
Why did he play him against Palace behind SWP?
That’s like asking a 4 year old to take control of the fireworks tomorrow and as Ramsey was heavily involved in the youth setup, that would surely make him even more incompetent. I give him the benefit of the doubt on that as I believe he wanted to play the youngsters but he’s simply lost his way. Maybe the God awful results he achieved towards the end of last season have made him have a massive re-think and he’s doubting his own ideas and reverted to the Redknapp philosophy.

I’m just wondering though, do these “high profile” players sign contracts guaranteeing first team football. That would explain quite a lot of the Tombola.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 16:35]
Chris Ramsey so far.. on 16:44 - Nov 4 with 1055 viewsbob566

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 15:21 - Nov 4 by JordanFoster

Yes, I think for all the stick Ramsey's getting the line about youth actually has some substance.

As you say, Redknapp did the exact same and now Ramsey has come in and he's not playing the young players. So who does it say more about the youngsters or the managers - who both have a background in bring young players through if they are ready.

I don't get the fuss with not playing youth team players. Ramseys whole life has been spent with youth team footballers. I'm sure he knows if they're good enough or not.

We need patience. One of ramseys old boys ryan mason has only broken into the first team squad at spurs this season after spending the whole of last season on loan at Swindon.

All youth players go on loan bar wayne rooney when he was at everton.

What makes everybody think ours are ready for first team action.
Chris Ramsey so far.. on 16:58 - Nov 4 with 1022 viewsadhoc_qpr

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 16:44 - Nov 4 by bob566

I don't get the fuss with not playing youth team players. Ramseys whole life has been spent with youth team footballers. I'm sure he knows if they're good enough or not.

We need patience. One of ramseys old boys ryan mason has only broken into the first team squad at spurs this season after spending the whole of last season on loan at Swindon.

Given the form/injuries of various players - the likes of Yun, Harriman, Furlong, Doughty could have all played 4 or 5 games and gained valuable competitive experience at this level.

Look at how Hall and JET have done when given a chance due to injuries to see how this can be a positive.

Instead we've endured woeful/mixed performances from Henry, Perch, Onouha and Konchesky (who is only on loan) and learned nothing.

Also results have been pretty poor - 2 wins in the last 2 months and both against bottom 3 teams to boot!
Chris Ramsey so far.. on 17:03 - Nov 4 with 1014 viewsrichpr

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 16:35 - Nov 4 by Toast_R

Begs a few questions though,

Just say we believed Furlong isn’t ready for the Championship yet as does Ramsey. Why was Ramsey picking him the Premier League when he was trying to save the club from relegation?
Why did he play him against Palace behind SWP?
That’s like asking a 4 year old to take control of the fireworks tomorrow and as Ramsey was heavily involved in the youth setup, that would surely make him even more incompetent. I give him the benefit of the doubt on that as I believe he wanted to play the youngsters but he’s simply lost his way. Maybe the God awful results he achieved towards the end of last season have made him have a massive re-think and he’s doubting his own ideas and reverted to the Redknapp philosophy.

I’m just wondering though, do these “high profile” players sign contracts guaranteeing first team football. That would explain quite a lot of the Tombola.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 16:35]

We didn't play a nice style under Redknapp after he decided to go route one. We did however have Zamora to hold the ball. We have no-one of that ilk now so we shouldn't even try route one. We are devaluing Charlie Austin every week by playing a ridiculous formation.
Chris Ramsey so far.. on 17:03 - Nov 4 with 1014 viewssimmo

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 16:44 - Nov 4 by bob566

It's not about if they are ready for regular first team football, it's about if they are better options when needed than an out of form loanee or a player being played out of position. I'm not clamouring to see youth teamers being played no matter what, I'm clamouring to seek a change to the way we've done things for the last 5 years.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 17:30 - Nov 4 with 982 viewsJamie

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 16:06 - Nov 4 by JordanFoster

Well you clearly must know something that neither I, Steve Gallen, Chris Ramsey or Darnell himself see.

Having covered him for the last two years in the EDS, I was one of the few that when I asked said RGC and Furlong had the most potential out of the current crop to have a career in the game. He's got some great attributes as well as one of the best attitudes at the club.

I don't know how much you've seen of Furlong, I would hope it's not just his fleeting appearances last season and in preseason.

As said, the fact that you are dead set in your belief that Furlong is nowhere near good enough, based on by your admission absolutely no evidence, whereas Onouha is good enough despite a mountain of conflicting evidence, means it's a pointless discussion.
Chris Ramsey so far.. on 17:31 - Nov 4 with 980 viewsSimonJames

A Win Rate of 28.13% is better than Chris Powell's 25.86%.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 17:54 - Nov 4 with 961 viewsbaz_qpr

You dont get better at something by excelling or being the best at your current level, you get better by being challenged, being dropped in at the deep end and having to step up. If you've ever played any sport at a serious or high level you would get that.

Thats one of the major problems we have in football in this country we dont play the younger player at a higher enough level early enough so they dont progress at the peak age of progression
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 19:30 - Nov 4 with 931 viewsTGRRRSSS

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 11:15 - Nov 4 by TacticalR

I didn't think you were saying that TGRRRSSS - it just seems to be a general idea that is 'around' and now appears to be a sackable offence.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 11:16]

Oh sorry, see what you mean.
Chris Ramsey so far.. on 21:16 - Nov 4 with 870 viewsLblock

Where did my contempt for Benny crystallise? Easy - Man City away with the ArSWiPe farewell tour

The utter disrespect shown to us fans and the club was a sickening disgrace
Bennys approach and demeanour to 95% of our games has worn down 99.99% of the fan base and his antics of late are highly questionable
I'm actually starting to form the opinion he's now got a massive issue with the club and WANTS to be sacked. He's yet another purveyor of the modern game who has no moral or self respect and with Bungles 3 year contract in his top pocket he ain't for resigning

The sacking of Chris Powell sets the bar and let's face it Benny is only a fag paper away from the same record

Stand by for questions on the political machinations of the cam once he does get the bullet due to us being bottom 6

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024