Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Ramsey so far.. 10:24 - Nov 4 with 6085 viewsbosh67

Games 32 Wins 9 Draws 6 Losses 17 Win rate 28.13%

32 games 33 points

Discuss...

17 losses by the way.... Sorry, discuss....

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 12:29 - Nov 4 with 1341 viewsTacticalR

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 12:11 - Nov 4 by JordanFoster

Fer is nursing an injury. If there was a way the three that you mentioned could have played, I'm 100% they would have. I'm convinced Ramsey didn't look at the players in his squad and think "Even though they can play, I'm going to leave them out."

There must have been a reason and if it's fatigue, so be it.

Postnatal depression?

Air hostess clique

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 12:29 - Nov 4 with 1341 viewsdaveB

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 12:20 - Nov 4 by JordanFoster

Furlong, but even more so Kpekawa, are nowhere near ready for Championship football.

you might be right but we won't know unless we try them. We had no doubts about putting Furlong in for Premier league games so seems odd we now can't risk him for games against MK Dons and Preston
Chris Ramsey so far.. on 12:30 - Nov 4 with 1330 viewsOakR

Well this season it's W 5 D 4 L 6 in the league. Hardly relegation form, bang on mid table form.

He is learning, it's his first full season as a manager. He will make mistakes, and is making them.

He has made some good signings Luongo, Jet, Hall, Chery, on a lesser budget than his predecessors.

Some of the football has been terrible at times. Not bad at others.

IMO he should be given the year and let's see what happens. If you appoint someone with no experience we can't expect miracles. They sometimes happen. Results wise he is doing ok. Not exceeding expectations but ok.

You don't fire someone for being mid-table which you set out as a target and for then losing away to Brentford at Derby. If we are going medium to long-term you can't make a decision now.

Could we do better this season with a 'better' manager. Maybe, but we decided against a higher profile known entity and took a risk. I'm ok with that.

If this is going to be the reaction after each loss it's going to be a long season for many people.

There is no way this is worse than when we went down to the old league 2.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 12:37 - Nov 4 with 1321 viewsToast_R

Furlong, but even more so Kpekawa, are nowhere near ready for Championship football.

Clearly that's bollocks.

Furlong played in the Premier League last season. He should be nailed on to be getting games this season under the premise of consolidation. Instead we have an over the hill fullback on loan who is playing sh*t. What's the point in that?

Can't comment on Kwepka but I know us fans would 100% rather see our young players get game time over these f@cking Henry, Koncheski, Toszer types who are bringing f*ck all to this club except lousy form that stinks. Why arnt these c*nts dropped for fatigue when their playing so badly? Ramsey decides this. That's why he's getting stick. He's abandoned the philosophy we believed he'd employ as manager. He's lost his way and I want him out the fuc'king way!
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 14:08]
Chris Ramsey so far.. on 12:45 - Nov 4 with 1293 viewsJordanFoster

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 12:37 - Nov 4 by Toast_R

Clearly that's bollocks.

Furlong played in the Premier League last season. He should be nailed on to be getting games this season under the premise of consolidation. Instead we have an over the hill fullback on loan who is playing sh*t. What's the point in that?

Can't comment on Kwepka but I know us fans would 100% rather see our young players get game time over these f@cking Henry, Koncheski, Toszer types who are bringing f*ck all to this club except lousy form that stinks. Why arnt these c*nts dropped for fatigue when their playing so badly? Ramsey decides this. That's why he's getting stick. He's abandoned the philosophy we believed he'd employ as manager. He's lost his way and I want him out the fuc'king way!
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 14:08]

It's not bollocks. Why should he be nailed on to be getting games? They brought in Perch, who did well at Wigan by all accounts in that position and he's been out of form.

Just because Furlong played in the Premier League what does that mean? If he looked so grand last year where are the clubs in the Championship or League 1 wanting to take him on loan? Why did he have to go down to League 2?

You wouldn't be consolidating this season with Furlong and Kpekawa playing, not a chance.
Chris Ramsey so far.. on 13:04 - Nov 4 with 1263 viewsstuabd

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 12:45 - Nov 4 by JordanFoster

It's not bollocks. Why should he be nailed on to be getting games? They brought in Perch, who did well at Wigan by all accounts in that position and he's been out of form.

Just because Furlong played in the Premier League what does that mean? If he looked so grand last year where are the clubs in the Championship or League 1 wanting to take him on loan? Why did he have to go down to League 2?

You wouldn't be consolidating this season with Furlong and Kpekawa playing, not a chance.

So why did Ramsey play him in the premiership? He saw him as a youth team coach and apparently knows the league. Surely he was played to give some game time because Ramsey had seen something in him for next season. If he was seen as nowhere near good enough, that's an odd one playing him in the premiership.

The bloke has been inconsistent.

I agree with Toast, people would have more patience with him if he'd stuck to the philosophy that we were thought he'd been promoted to bring to the club. Pathways?

The team and style of play is probably no different to what we'd have if HR was in control. HR got murdered for some of those performances in the championship.
Chris Ramsey so far.. on 13:10 - Nov 4 with 1255 viewsJordanFoster

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 13:04 - Nov 4 by stuabd

So why did Ramsey play him in the premiership? He saw him as a youth team coach and apparently knows the league. Surely he was played to give some game time because Ramsey had seen something in him for next season. If he was seen as nowhere near good enough, that's an odd one playing him in the premiership.

The bloke has been inconsistent.

I agree with Toast, people would have more patience with him if he'd stuck to the philosophy that we were thought he'd been promoted to bring to the club. Pathways?

The team and style of play is probably no different to what we'd have if HR was in control. HR got murdered for some of those performances in the championship.

Politics, mainly.

Easy to say you would have stuck with him had he'd been playing the kids but if we were bottom of the Championship I'm sure you'd say the opposite.

Might have been easier to stick to philosophy if there was any chance if could actually happen. His goalposts have moved too.

You can't go on Twitter without someone moaning about why the kids aren't playing and someone else insisting Sandro should play.
Chris Ramsey so far.. on 13:29 - Nov 4 with 1220 viewsstuabd

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 13:10 - Nov 4 by JordanFoster

Politics, mainly.

Easy to say you would have stuck with him had he'd been playing the kids but if we were bottom of the Championship I'm sure you'd say the opposite.

Might have been easier to stick to philosophy if there was any chance if could actually happen. His goalposts have moved too.

You can't go on Twitter without someone moaning about why the kids aren't playing and someone else insisting Sandro should play.

I don't think anyone expected the team to be full of our youth players, but you'd have expected a couple to be playing regularly even as subs. I thought he was building a youngish team with some championship mettle.

I think he's been unlucky that Mackie has been injured as that energy and leadership would have helped us.
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 14:26 - Nov 4 with 1143 viewssimmo

Perch did well at Wigan as a CB, not as a RB. I actually quite like him as a squad player - good pro, honest, knows the league, cares, strong in the challenge, decent in the air. But he's played the best part of 15 games for us at RB and it's not working. I thought he'd be like Bradley Orr - solid but unspectacular, not overlapping but doing the basics well. It's not happened and the consequences of not having a proper modern full back is there for all to see, especially when they are obviously under instruction to support Phillips and get beyond the halfway line when possible - something Orr never was.

Seeing as Furlong is getting brilliant reviews at League 2 level, that would suggest he's possibly able to play a level above that - we know he has performances against strong opposition in him - I saw it myself away at Hull. The key to a good player is consistency - he's showing that at Northampton now that he's been given a run of games. You can argue that he's unproven at this level, but then Chief is a PROVEN failure at RB, so why would you continue to support what defintely doesn't work and deny something that might?

Also, why give Harriman another contract? What is the point in that? Are we saying that YET ANOTHER year with Wycombe will give him what he needs to be able to compete to play in our 1st team? Because if we don't ever think he will be good enough why renew it? So that he can be a squad player? Well surely a squad player exists to replace the preferred choices if they suffer from injuries/suspensions/lack of form - that's happening right now and both 'squad' options are on loan. It makes no sense.

I appreciate this is a minor aspect and the change of one player won't change our systemic issues, but don't pitch us a change to gain popularity (youth a chance, pathways, etc) and then expect us not to ask questions when it's flagrantly being ignored.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 14:56 - Nov 4 with 1115 viewsJamie

They don't need to be. If you have 10 other players good enough on the pitch, you can handle a young player learning their trade.

Furlong, even if L1 standard, would do miles better than Onouha or Perch, merely by having grown up playing as a RB. Brentford certainly wouldn't have scored like they did had Furlong been playing.
Chris Ramsey so far.. on 14:59 - Nov 4 with 1112 viewsdaveB

Perch is first choice right back which is fine but Furlong should be back up and playing when he is injured or suspended. That's what Redknapp was slaughtered over for picking players out of position when we had injuries rather than try a youth team player and Ramsey is doing exactly the same thing
Chris Ramsey so far.. on 15:15 - Nov 4 with 1092 viewsJordanFoster

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 14:56 - Nov 4 by Jamie

They don't need to be. If you have 10 other players good enough on the pitch, you can handle a young player learning their trade.

Furlong, even if L1 standard, would do miles better than Onouha or Perch, merely by having grown up playing as a RB. Brentford certainly wouldn't have scored like they did had Furlong been playing.

Oh come off it, Onouha is levels above Furlong. This isn't FIFA, you don't just become accustomed to the league by playing a few games. He isn't good enough... yet.

And he's not a League 1 standard full back either, Harriman you may have an argument for, but it's not even worth discussing over Furlong.

If he was good enough he'd be playing.
Chris Ramsey so far.. on 15:17 - Nov 4 with 1088 viewsWilloW4

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 15:15 - Nov 4 by JordanFoster

Oh come off it, Onouha is levels above Furlong. This isn't FIFA, you don't just become accustomed to the league by playing a few games. He isn't good enough... yet.

And he's not a League 1 standard full back either, Harriman you may have an argument for, but it's not even worth discussing over Furlong.

Onouha is playing, and he's not good enough.!
Chris Ramsey so far.. on 15:21 - Nov 4 with 1084 viewsJordanFoster

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 14:59 - Nov 4 by daveB

Perch is first choice right back which is fine but Furlong should be back up and playing when he is injured or suspended. That's what Redknapp was slaughtered over for picking players out of position when we had injuries rather than try a youth team player and Ramsey is doing exactly the same thing

Yes, I think for all the stick Ramsey's getting the line about youth actually has some substance.

As you say, Redknapp did the exact same and now Ramsey has come in and he's not playing the young players. So who does it say more about the youngsters or the managers - who both have a background in bring young players through if they are ready.
Chris Ramsey so far.. on 15:36 - Nov 4 with 1059 viewsJamie

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 15:15 - Nov 4 by JordanFoster

Sorry Jordan, but you're talking utter nonsense.
Chris Ramsey so far.. on 15:37 - Nov 4 with 951 viewsdaveB

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 15:21 - Nov 4 by JordanFoster

Yes, I think for all the stick Ramsey's getting the line about youth actually has some substance.

As you say, Redknapp did the exact same and now Ramsey has come in and he's not playing the young players. So who does it say more about the youngsters or the managers - who both have a background in bring young players through if they are ready.

the club will never attract better young players if they don't give the current crop a go. Why would any promising kid join QPR when they can see no pathway to the first team even for the odd game. I don't see what the disaster would be if Furlong covered these games Perch has missed, he can't be that bad and was picked in far bigger games last season without hesitation.
Chris Ramsey so far.. on 15:38 - Nov 4 with 944 viewsJordanFoster

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 15:36 - Nov 4 by Jamie

How's that then mate?
Chris Ramsey so far.. on 15:39 - Nov 4 with 941 viewsTacticalR

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 15:37 - Nov 4 by daveB

the club will never attract better young players if they don't give the current crop a go. Why would any promising kid join QPR when they can see no pathway to the first team even for the odd game. I don't see what the disaster would be if Furlong covered these games Perch has missed, he can't be that bad and was picked in far bigger games last season without hesitation.

The project has 'slightly changed' since then.

Air hostess clique

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 15:43 - Nov 4 with 933 viewsDando

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 15:36 - Nov 4 by Jamie

Im sure Ramsey last year said something like he had full confidence in Furlongs ability, to fill in those premiership games - to be on hand if required.

I agree that Furlong is not ready, but youd think that Harriman is at least ready to step up to cover whilst we need it. Hes had a lot more game time that Furlong, and im surprised he is giving a new contract and then loaned out. Not sure whats happened with Doherty either, is he injured? I admittedly havent seen much of him, but I think most on here have seen enough to say he can step into this side - especially over Henry.

If we are going to play better football along the ground, then surely players such as Yun, even Doherty etc should be given a chance. Problem with Konchesky, Perch and Ned is that they are always looking to play the long ball, which requires no ability whatsover. Henry can be solid on his day, but adds nothing positive to the side, when there are better players available who can pass and drive the ball forward, rather than slowing down the flow and going backwards and sideways. Think Tozser could be a decent player alongside a better, quicker player
Chris Ramsey so far.. on 15:56 - Nov 4 with 915 viewsJamie

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 15:38 - Nov 4 by JordanFoster

How's that then mate?

With all due respect, from your posts here supporting playing centre backs out of position over giving a youngster a chance, you'll never get it, so it's pointless us going round in circles over.
Chris Ramsey so far.. on 16:06 - Nov 4 with 904 viewsJordanFoster

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 15:56 - Nov 4 by Jamie

With all due respect, from your posts here supporting playing centre backs out of position over giving a youngster a chance, you'll never get it, so it's pointless us going round in circles over.

Well you clearly must know something that neither I, Steve Gallen, Chris Ramsey or Darnell himself see.

Having covered him for the last two years in the EDS, I was one of the few that when I asked said RGC and Furlong had the most potential out of the current crop to have a career in the game. He's got some great attributes as well as one of the best attitudes at the club.

I don't know how much you've seen of Furlong, I would hope it's not just his fleeting appearances last season and in preseason.
Chris Ramsey so far.. on 16:17 - Nov 4 with 889 viewssimmo

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 16:06 - Nov 4 by JordanFoster

Well you clearly must know something that neither I, Steve Gallen, Chris Ramsey or Darnell himself see.

Having covered him for the last two years in the EDS, I was one of the few that when I asked said RGC and Furlong had the most potential out of the current crop to have a career in the game. He's got some great attributes as well as one of the best attitudes at the club.

I don't know how much you've seen of Furlong, I would hope it's not just his fleeting appearances last season and in preseason.

We've seen more of Onouha playing there out of position to know it's worthwhile. Even if he's just as poor as Chief, at least you'll have the positive implications of playing a youth teamer to supplement it.

You constantly beat the 'not good enough' drum. Same old from the same people. It was said plenty of times before about similar players that have then been given a chance and looked to have taken it. We're not having these same arguments again because youth teamers have come in and looked fckin awful, we're having them because they continue to be ignored despite playing well when given the chance.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 16:23 - Nov 4 with 873 viewsadhoc_qpr

The puzzling thing for most is that when the youngsters come into the first team, they don't disgrace themselves at all (RGC, Comley, Furlong, Doughty)..

So watching Karl Henry and Perch deliver 4/10 performances week in, week out while Doughty and Furlong don't get a look in - even from the bench - is a head scratcher.

Same with Yun, we'd gain a lot more by seeing what he can do over 15-20 games than we would playing Konchesky on loan.
Chris Ramsey so far.. on 16:27 - Nov 4 with 865 viewsdaveB

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 16:06 - Nov 4 by JordanFoster

So if they are so not ready then why on earth did we play them in the Premier League in matches we needed to win to stay up? I can't get my head around why they were fine to play against Arsenal, palace, Spurs etc but can't be used against Preston as they are not ready.

I don't think Furlong should play every week but when we have no other right backs he should be in the team same as when we have no other strikers Grego Cox or Blackwood should be playing.

Years back Marcus Bean was not ready to come in but we had no one else so he got a chance and ended up having a decent career, not a world beater but playing the odd match for QPR didn't destroy him
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 16:28]
Chris Ramsey so far.. on 16:29 - Nov 4 with 860 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Chris Ramsey so far.. on 11:36 - Nov 4 by kensalriser

It's time to admit that Redknapp did a far better job two years ago.

Perhaps that squad did have more quality but I'm not sure the difference is very big.

Doesn't matter whether he did better or not, I still felt completely despondent from QPR under him. Same goes with Ramsey. Haven't felt any love for QPR since Warnock was sacked

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024