Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldham v Crewe 20:16 - Dec 2 with 2964 viewspnc4eva1

Unfortunately I can no longer attend every Dale home game after moving away from the area. However on Saturday I was visited by my brother-in-law who is an Oldham fan. He bought he tickets and I went as a neutral to watch the game.

Point number one - it was sh!te. Neither team could pass water never mind a ball.

Point two - the Oldham fans are not a happy bunch (however such arguments in the Sandy would have resulted in fisty cuffs)

Point three - Steve Eyre style management sprang to mind.

Point four - I wasted two hours of my life

In summary from what I saw two relegation places have already been booked.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Oldham v Crewe on 23:45 - Dec 2 with 2693 viewsD_Alien

That's a good point about there being teams in the division who are seriously less able to perform to L1 standard than us. It doesn't mean we can be complacent, just that we should always be focusing upwards rather than downwards.

A win over bury at the weekend following some more encouraging performances in the league, and the new year can be looked forward to by all Daleys; maybe even those who've found themselves demotivated recently.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Oldham v Crewe on 06:25 - Dec 3 with 2613 viewsTalkingSutty

Oldham v Crewe on 23:45 - Dec 2 by D_Alien

That's a good point about there being teams in the division who are seriously less able to perform to L1 standard than us. It doesn't mean we can be complacent, just that we should always be focusing upwards rather than downwards.

A win over bury at the weekend following some more encouraging performances in the league, and the new year can be looked forward to by all Daleys; maybe even those who've found themselves demotivated recently.

Agree with that. The two wins last week can't be under estimated and have set us up for the festive period.A decent December and we can move into the New Year having broken the back of League One survival.

Another Cup run would be great for the club but to be honest it's all about the performance for me on Sunday. If we really give it our best shot and bury play better on the day I can live with that. I want the viewing public to witness a real Keith Hill performance for a change because they haven't seen one yet.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2015 6:26]
Oldham v Crewe on 06:51 - Dec 3 with 2598 viewsfitzochris

Things can change, too, though.

Having watched us outplay Peterborough at the start of the season, I had them down as potential relegation fodder. They're now above us and in the play-off positions.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Oldham v Crewe on 09:01 - Dec 3 with 2500 viewsdingdangblue

Oldham v Crewe on 06:25 - Dec 3 by TalkingSutty

Agree with that. The two wins last week can't be under estimated and have set us up for the festive period.A decent December and we can move into the New Year having broken the back of League One survival.

Another Cup run would be great for the club but to be honest it's all about the performance for me on Sunday. If we really give it our best shot and bury play better on the day I can live with that. I want the viewing public to witness a real Keith Hill performance for a change because they haven't seen one yet.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2015 6:26]

Agreed, having a TV game should be an honour, something to look forward to and get excited by - but for whatever reason it just seems to be a millstone around our necks. Its embarrassing now the times I have urged workmates,family and friends to watch us or even bring them along to the game - and we play piss poor! All you get for the next few days is "you watch that shite every week"??? .......Its got to stop sometime ? Even the law of averages says we've got to put in a performance at some stage.......surely?? I havent even bothered re watching the games the last few times on telly its been that bad. Oh to have something we could keep and watch over and over again. Hilly should be buzzing, he should have the players buzzing, the chance to showcase their fantastic talents to a worldwide audience in the FA Cup.......and against our fiercest rivals! You couldn't ask for a better chance to exercise those TV demons!..........Hell if they really do do it on Sunday I'll even forget about FC Utd.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024