Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Farcical defending of corners 12:40 - Dec 6 with 4519 viewsLondondale

We could have conceded four goals from corners so far today...this needs sorting out and has done for some time. Why do we look so weak in this area? It's getting to the point where we need to avoid conceding corners full stop....
Farcical defending of corners on 12:45 - Dec 6 with 4500 viewsohwhenthedale

pretty simple really lancy and mcnulty are league 2 defenders and tanser has been poor for weeks
Farcical defending of corners on 12:46 - Dec 6 with 4486 viewsonedalefan

Why are we not putting someone on the posts?
Farcical defending of corners on 12:52 - Dec 6 with 4430 viewsrichfoad32

To be fair, Hussey has been consistently putting them in dangerous areas. In contrast, when we've had a corner they've been shite.
Farcical defending of corners on 12:52 - Dec 6 with 4419 viewsBobbyjoe

Playing OK. Still in it. Could easily be three down.
Farcical defending of corners on 12:53 - Dec 6 with 4405 viewsLondondale

It's hugely frustrating as we don't deserve to be going in at half time losing, but just keep shooting ourselves in the foot. Anyone have any stats for how many we have conceded from set plays this season? We are giving ourselves a mountain to climb each time by having to come back from behind even when we're playing well in open play.
Farcical defending of corners on 12:54 - Dec 6 with 4390 viewsdean7321

Farcical defending of corners on 12:52 - Dec 6 by Bobbyjoe

Playing OK. Still in it. Could easily be three down.

Castro Pereira doesn't know when or not to come for corners.

Poll: best ever center back

Farcical defending of corners on 12:56 - Dec 6 with 4370 viewsjustanillusion

Farcical defending of corners on 12:52 - Dec 6 by richfoad32

To be fair, Hussey has been consistently putting them in dangerous areas. In contrast, when we've had a corner they've been shite.

Agree husseys taking everyone and his delivery is top drawer, spin on ball and perfect height every time, slightest contact with a bury head and its likely to be back of net!
Farcical defending of corners on 12:57 - Dec 6 with 4353 viewsSuddenLad

Farcical defending of corners on 12:54 - Dec 6 by dean7321

Probably because he doesn't trust the defenders in front of him. Can't blame him. We haven't a clue how to defend set pieces in the goal area and it's been like that for far too long.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Farcical defending of corners on 13:06 - Dec 6 with 4296 viewsJumeirahDale

Cameras spent a lot of time looking at the fella next to Paul Hazlehurst. Anyone know who he is? Didn't recognize him.
Farcical defending of corners on 13:15 - Dec 6 with 4256 viewspioneer

Farcical defending of corners on 12:57 - Dec 6 by SuddenLad

Probably because he doesn't trust the defenders in front of him. Can't blame him. We haven't a clue how to defend set pieces in the goal area and it's been like that for far too long.

watching on TV it should have been the keepers ball but he couldnt make up his mind whether to come for it or not.

I suppose we have to get those problems solved before he goes back to United. Isnt that why he is here.
Farcical defending of corners on 13:35 - Dec 6 with 4185 viewssince58

Farcical defending of corners on 13:15 - Dec 6 by pioneer

watching on TV it should have been the keepers ball but he couldnt make up his mind whether to come for it or not.

I suppose we have to get those problems solved before he goes back to United. Isnt that why he is here.

Quality ball into box ,something we aren't capable of doing .keeper had no chance.
Farcical defending of corners on 13:36 - Dec 6 with 4179 viewsblackpoolcol

give credit to t'other lot, every set piece has been dangerous and looked like leading to a chance. We get a corner and its a case of "oh well". The need for a decent set piece taker is so obvious

With my little stick of Blackpool Rock, along the promenade I'll stroll

Farcical defending of corners on 13:46 - Dec 6 with 4148 viewsBobbyjoe

Don't really see what taking your most creative player off, and swapping right-backs is designed to achieve.
Farcical defending of corners on 13:52 - Dec 6 with 4125 viewsohwhenthedale

i dont see why michael rose is still taking ours first man everytime for 2 years
Farcical defending of corners on 13:52 - Dec 6 with 4125 viewsJumeirahDale

Good god our corners are dire. Absolutely dire. No excuse for it.
Farcical defending of corners on 16:25 - Dec 6 with 3835 viewsinthenet

Blame the coaches they work with them all week ?

Rastrickblue

Farcical defending of corners on 17:28 - Dec 6 with 3685 viewsD_Alien

Farcical defending of corners on 16:25 - Dec 6 by inthenet

Blame the coaches they work with them all week ?

That'll be Hill & Beech then.

They've worked with them week in, week out, with no discernible effect on either defending opposition corners or threatening with our own. When the ball goes out for a corner to Dale now, I simply resign myself to the end of the attacking move.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Farcical defending of corners on 17:35 - Dec 6 with 3659 views442Dale

Farcical defending of corners on 17:28 - Dec 6 by D_Alien

That'll be Hill & Beech then.

They've worked with them week in, week out, with no discernible effect on either defending opposition corners or threatening with our own. When the ball goes out for a corner to Dale now, I simply resign myself to the end of the attacking move.

In the old days when the football was terrible we'd get excited by corners as the was a genuine chance to score. I'm amazed that with much better players the standard of set pieces has gone downhill to the extent that yes, it's no more threatening than any other ball into the box in open play.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Farcical defending of corners on 18:02 - Dec 6 with 3595 viewszxcvbnm

I was amazed that rose came on seemed a very strange change. Crosses and corners not up to scratch today.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Farcical defending of corners on 05:30 - Dec 7 with 3394 viewsDiddyDave

Farcical defending of corners on 12:54 - Dec 6 by dean7321

That`s coz he`s the new kid on the block literally and doesn`t have the nous or confidence to tell his defenders what he`s going to do,so they leave it up to each other. United`s goalie is the same,his shot stopping is amazing,but he doesn`t control his penalty area as all good keepers should. That`s why McNulty gave him a bollocking when the pair of them conceded that right wing corner with a few minutes left,no communication from the keeper. I know Lillis isn`t too good at corners either,but at least he has the experience to open his gob when he has to. I can`t see what KH sees in the young bloke,or United for that matter,I thought he was woeful,the few ones he saved were more by good luck than good management in my opinion,but I suppose KH has to play him or there`s no point in him being there.
Farcical defending of corners on 06:07 - Dec 7 with 3383 viewsTalkingSutty

Farcical defending of corners on 05:30 - Dec 7 by DiddyDave

That`s coz he`s the new kid on the block literally and doesn`t have the nous or confidence to tell his defenders what he`s going to do,so they leave it up to each other. United`s goalie is the same,his shot stopping is amazing,but he doesn`t control his penalty area as all good keepers should. That`s why McNulty gave him a bollocking when the pair of them conceded that right wing corner with a few minutes left,no communication from the keeper. I know Lillis isn`t too good at corners either,but at least he has the experience to open his gob when he has to. I can`t see what KH sees in the young bloke,or United for that matter,I thought he was woeful,the few ones he saved were more by good luck than good management in my opinion,but I suppose KH has to play him or there`s no point in him being there.

Castro is what i expected, a raw young kid with bags of potential. I would love to know what's motivated Hill to drop our first choice goalkeeper for this kid. What message does this send out to the team because I know how most of the supporters think. I actually thought his distribution, handling and decision making was pretty poor yesterday, so did a few of the defenders

Does Hill have so little respect for Rochdale that he is willing to treat our own players like this to benefit another club? It seems to me that Hill is undermining Liilis to such a extent that he will now have to look at leaving the Club, good luck Josh.

Loads of instances when Hills man management skills have been called into question this season and the Lillis situation is the latest episode, the players look devoid of happiness.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2015 6:09]
Farcical defending of corners on 08:29 - Dec 7 with 3297 viewsdingdangblue

Farcical defending of corners on 06:07 - Dec 7 by TalkingSutty

Castro is what i expected, a raw young kid with bags of potential. I would love to know what's motivated Hill to drop our first choice goalkeeper for this kid. What message does this send out to the team because I know how most of the supporters think. I actually thought his distribution, handling and decision making was pretty poor yesterday, so did a few of the defenders

Does Hill have so little respect for Rochdale that he is willing to treat our own players like this to benefit another club? It seems to me that Hill is undermining Liilis to such a extent that he will now have to look at leaving the Club, good luck Josh.

Loads of instances when Hills man management skills have been called into question this season and the Lillis situation is the latest episode, the players look devoid of happiness.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2015 6:09]

*Conspiracy theory motives: Lillis has had 2 WORLD CLASS performances last 2 times against bury, Hill not too bothered about going out - lets face it he said himself he's earned Dale enough money over the last 2 seasons to run the club for 10 years! His best mate needs a big tie in the 3rd round (I know this isn't guaranteed but at least they are in the draw) - they needed the win more than us.

*I dont believe this - just putting it out there.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024