Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That sending off 20:46 - Dec 12 with 3613 viewsDaleView

The decision to send off O'Sullivan was diabolical.
I was there and at the time I thought that the Swindon player had slipped.
Having now seen the Sky video and slowed it down to see the detail, I am convinced that the Swindon player went down well before the tackle and led with his knees. However he coiled as if he had been hit by an express train but managed to walk to the touchline moments later without the slightest limp. And the Ref was soooo close. He must have had this game as a banker home win.
That sending off on 20:48 - Dec 12 with 3594 viewsTalkingSutty

Are you Keith Hill in disguise, obviously both sponsored by Specsavers.
That sending off on 20:49 - Dec 12 with 3582 viewsmacro

Straight red, studs up challenge. Doesn't matter if the player went down easily the challenge was made with raised studs which is a straight red card.
That sending off on 20:51 - Dec 12 with 3556 views442Dale

Their player won the ball fairly, O'Sullivan was late and his challenge was, at best, horrible.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

That sending off on 20:52 - Dec 12 with 3551 viewsChaffRAFC

Is the OP a joke?

It's as clear a red card as you'll see.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

That sending off on 21:09 - Dec 12 with 3463 viewsstuartcryer

You can always tell with a bad tackle by players reactions

wardle blue

That sending off on 21:10 - Dec 12 with 3453 views442Dale

That sending off on 21:09 - Dec 12 by stuartcryer

You can always tell with a bad tackle by players reactions

What reactions? I heard someone say they didn't do much...

That sending off on 21:19 - Dec 12 with 3426 viewsstuartcryer

That sending off on 21:10 - Dec 12 by 442Dale

What reactions? I heard someone say they didn't do much...

View rest of threads perhaps the ones that say highlights

wardle blue

That sending off on 21:22 - Dec 12 with 3400 viewsfitzochris

That sending off on 21:19 - Dec 12 by stuartcryer

View rest of threads perhaps the ones that say highlights

Whoosh.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

That sending off on 21:45 - Dec 12 with 3342 viewsTVOS1907

Both myself and R17 said red card straight away and I haven't seen anything to make me change my mind.

Hill's comments on it and about the officials in general are very poor and not a reflection on what I witnessed.

We need to look closer to home. O'Sullivan got himself sent-off and for a five minute spell in the second half, Henderson gave away two free-kicks, was involved in a verbal battle with their centre-half (which included him making the w**k*r gesture in his direction) and then deliberately launched himself at another Swindon player after he had cleared the ball, earning a yellow card in the process.

That game would have been more of a contest had we kept 11 on the field and we only have ourselves to blame for that.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

That sending off on 21:49 - Dec 12 with 3329 viewsTalkingSutty

That sending off on 21:45 - Dec 12 by TVOS1907

Both myself and R17 said red card straight away and I haven't seen anything to make me change my mind.

Hill's comments on it and about the officials in general are very poor and not a reflection on what I witnessed.

We need to look closer to home. O'Sullivan got himself sent-off and for a five minute spell in the second half, Henderson gave away two free-kicks, was involved in a verbal battle with their centre-half (which included him making the w**k*r gesture in his direction) and then deliberately launched himself at another Swindon player after he had cleared the ball, earning a yellow card in the process.

That game would have been more of a contest had we kept 11 on the field and we only have ourselves to blame for that.

Sounds like we put in a good shift overall though, would that be the case?
That sending off on 21:51 - Dec 12 with 3317 viewsstuartcryer

That sending off on 21:22 - Dec 12 by fitzochris

Whoosh.

??????????????? Kind of comment is that

wardle blue

That sending off on 21:54 - Dec 12 with 3307 viewsfitzochris

That sending off on 21:51 - Dec 12 by stuartcryer

??????????????? Kind of comment is that

It means 442 was using the lowest form of wit

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

That sending off on 21:54 - Dec 12 with 3308 viewsTVOS1907

That sending off on 21:49 - Dec 12 by TalkingSutty

Sounds like we put in a good shift overall though, would that be the case?

Up to them scoring, we had probably shaded the possession.

Rhys Bennett was given no help for the first goal. He slipped by the touchline with two Swindon players around him, while Henderson stood and watched. Twenty seconds later the ball was in the net.

The second goal was unfortunate in as much as it took a deflection, but Gladwin was allowed to run through unchallenged. This was the player who has already scored a hat-trick against us in 2015!

Swindon were generally poor aside from that, as evidenced by the loud groans from their fans on a number of occasions.

However, with a 2-0 lead, they could afford to be patient and not rush the game as it was us who needed to make the running.

We did OK second half, but apart from Lancashire scoring off his bollocks, we only really created one chance, which Calvin sent into orbit.

As I've posted elsewhere, it would have been a better contest with 11 v 11 and whatever Hill claims, it's O'Sullivan's fault that it wasn't!

That sending off on 21:58 - Dec 12 with 3288 viewsTalkingSutty

That sending off on 21:54 - Dec 12 by TVOS1907

Up to them scoring, we had probably shaded the possession.

Rhys Bennett was given no help for the first goal. He slipped by the touchline with two Swindon players around him, while Henderson stood and watched. Twenty seconds later the ball was in the net.

The second goal was unfortunate in as much as it took a deflection, but Gladwin was allowed to run through unchallenged. This was the player who has already scored a hat-trick against us in 2015!

Swindon were generally poor aside from that, as evidenced by the loud groans from their fans on a number of occasions.

However, with a 2-0 lead, they could afford to be patient and not rush the game as it was us who needed to make the running.

We did OK second half, but apart from Lancashire scoring off his bollocks, we only really created one chance, which Calvin sent into orbit.

As I've posted elsewhere, it would have been a better contest with 11 v 11 and whatever Hill claims, it's O'Sullivan's fault that it wasn't!

Sounds like a lot of our recent away performances, not much creativity. Losing a player in the first twenty minutes just spoils the contest. Cheers.
That sending off on 22:06 - Dec 12 with 3264 viewswimborne_dale

I don't understand football. I couldn't understand at the time why it was a red card (and I was there). Having seen it on the Sky highlights, watched it several times, slowed it down, played it frame by frame, it looks the same; O'Sullivan has gone for a ball which he was the nearest player, the Swindon player has gone in knees first from a distance, played it while lying on the ground, and O'Sullivan gets a red card????!!!!!! Did O'Sulivan stamp on his leg in the tackle? If he did he must of done it very quickly. Was the camera blind sided at the crucial moment by another player (the ref was on the other side) ?When I saw it first and heard the whistle, I though "free kick to Dale". Now I freely admit, I'm no conosieur of the game and there are many finer points which I don't pick up on; but If it THAT EASY to get a man advantage then what have we got left? I'm not one for blaming the ref normally; they always make the odd mistake because they only get one look at every situation, at full speed and from one angle ; sometimes you benefit from the mistake sometimes you don't. But I don't think that people pay £25 a head and travel hundreds of miles to witness that! I was sitting with a neutral supporter who felt exactly the same.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2015 22:16]

Edgar Allan's Crow

That sending off on 22:09 - Dec 12 with 3254 viewsTalkingSutty

That sending off on 22:06 - Dec 12 by wimborne_dale

I don't understand football. I couldn't understand at the time why it was a red card (and I was there). Having seen it on the Sky highlights, watched it several times, slowed it down, played it frame by frame, it looks the same; O'Sullivan has gone for a ball which he was the nearest player, the Swindon player has gone in knees first from a distance, played it while lying on the ground, and O'Sullivan gets a red card????!!!!!! Did O'Sulivan stamp on his leg in the tackle? If he did he must of done it very quickly. Was the camera blind sided at the crucial moment by another player (the ref was on the other side) ?When I saw it first and heard the whistle, I though "free kick to Dale". Now I freely admit, I'm no conosieur of the game and there are many finer points which I don't pick up on; but If it THAT EASY to get a man advantage then what have we got left? I'm not one for blaming the ref normally; they always make the odd mistake because they only get one look at every situation, at full speed and from one angle ; sometimes you benefit from the mistake sometimes you don't. But I don't think that people pay £25 a head and travel hundreds of miles to witness that! I was sitting with a neutral supporter who felt exactly the same.

He stamped down with his studs, a lunge if you like. It's the sort of challenge that breaks ankles and looked a bit cowardly.
That sending off on 22:11 - Dec 12 with 3244 viewsdingdangblue

Their player slides to win the ball after O'Sullivan mis controls - O'Sullivan stamps on his leg/ankle? Red card all day long I'm afraid.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

That sending off on 22:15 - Dec 12 with 3232 views442Dale

The reddest of red cards. If it was any redder it would be a suit worn by a bloke with a beard who will be very busy the week after next.

That sending off on 22:20 - Dec 12 with 3208 viewswimborne_dale

That sending off on 22:11 - Dec 12 by dingdangblue

Their player slides to win the ball after O'Sullivan mis controls - O'Sullivan stamps on his leg/ankle? Red card all day long I'm afraid.

OK I didn't see the stamp. I think there was a Swindon player between the camera and the stamp at the crucial moment.

Did anyone else think that Vincenti was pushed in the back when he headed from close range?

Edgar Allan's Crow

That sending off on 22:39 - Dec 12 with 3148 viewsTVOS1907

It was a clear red card at the game and even clearer having seen it on TV.

That sending off on 22:45 - Dec 12 with 3126 viewsmacro

Red card, studs raised. No other decision could have been made.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024