Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dear Keith 17:27 - Dec 22 with 13739 viewszxcvbnm

If you read this,

Know that 90%+ of the fans are supportive of you and the team.
Understand that every club has supporters who are never happy and criticise, ignore them you can't please everyone.
Remember that you have to be careful with your comments to the media, anyone would think the supporters at the Colchester game were baying for your blood.
Think - Abuse aimed at ex players such as joe Thompson was far more extreme than anything said this season.
Take it positively that some fans look at 12th in the division as disappointing, it shows how far you and the management team have taken Rochdale FC.
Work as a club to encourage supporters through the gates, we know it's a tough one but there are
ways and means which can help further.
Know on here that there are a couple of real wind up merchants who spout rubbish just to get reactions.
Dale fans don't want us to be anything like bury, we like our club run sensibly and with financial sense.
Realise the only person who can damage your reputation here is you.

Merry Christmas, and I for one will be cheering the team on v Crewe
[Post edited 23 Dec 2015 10:28]

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Dear Keith on 17:35 - Dec 22 with 10750 views442Dale

Sums it up very well.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dear Keith on 20:05 - Dec 22 with 10522 viewsSalwaDale

Spot on.

TBBT

Dear Keith on 09:02 - Dec 23 with 10256 viewspaulscho

I feel certain people are betraying Keith and betraying the club, its like last supper and Judas.
They want to get a grip of what they are dreaming about, smell the roses and get a grip on reality. I promise you one thing if they succeed in forcing Hilly out of spotland,god help us all, be careful what you wish for because you lose the heartbeat of our club and it will die. Nobody else has had or ever will have the drive and balls to keep driving us forward, we are consistently in a great place for our little club. These are the glory days believe it and enjoy it, because it wont last for ever.
Remember Steve Eyre and John Coleman, did we relate to those guys, did they show us any kind of constant forward growth, any youth development and saleable assets....NO Nothing, nothing but pain.
I am pretty sure that every time a job becomes available in the Championship and L1 the chairman and board of those clubs think "Keith Hill" I bet he could do a good job at our club, well one day KH might just think you know what I might just FO and get out of Rochdale.
I trust Keith and love the way he manages our club, he says what he feels and can at times be grumpy and talks some crap but in all honesty he is Hilly The King and don't forget it !!

livinginadalewonderland

Dear Keith on 09:26 - Dec 23 with 10217 viewsfitzochris

Dear Keith on 09:02 - Dec 23 by paulscho

I feel certain people are betraying Keith and betraying the club, its like last supper and Judas.
They want to get a grip of what they are dreaming about, smell the roses and get a grip on reality. I promise you one thing if they succeed in forcing Hilly out of spotland,god help us all, be careful what you wish for because you lose the heartbeat of our club and it will die. Nobody else has had or ever will have the drive and balls to keep driving us forward, we are consistently in a great place for our little club. These are the glory days believe it and enjoy it, because it wont last for ever.
Remember Steve Eyre and John Coleman, did we relate to those guys, did they show us any kind of constant forward growth, any youth development and saleable assets....NO Nothing, nothing but pain.
I am pretty sure that every time a job becomes available in the Championship and L1 the chairman and board of those clubs think "Keith Hill" I bet he could do a good job at our club, well one day KH might just think you know what I might just FO and get out of Rochdale.
I trust Keith and love the way he manages our club, he says what he feels and can at times be grumpy and talks some crap but in all honesty he is Hilly The King and don't forget it !!

Who is trying to force Keith Hill out? I think the point of all this is that we feel quite the opposite, hence why people are bemused at his comments.

It worries me that he thinks we're not behind him, when in fact we are. We're allowed to piss and moan on our fans' forum about this and that - as every fan at every football club does. It doesn't mean we're not behind him.

It sounds to me that he's taken the shouts of a few numpties to heart and taken that as a majority.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2015 9:26]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Dear Keith on 09:51 - Dec 23 with 10164 viewsNigeriamark

Dear Keith on 09:26 - Dec 23 by fitzochris

Who is trying to force Keith Hill out? I think the point of all this is that we feel quite the opposite, hence why people are bemused at his comments.

It worries me that he thinks we're not behind him, when in fact we are. We're allowed to piss and moan on our fans' forum about this and that - as every fan at every football club does. It doesn't mean we're not behind him.

It sounds to me that he's taken the shouts of a few numpties to heart and taken that as a majority.

Spot on. As with most news a small but vocal minority always get a disproportionate amount of headlines. KH has been in this game as a player and manager long enough to know this. Some booing, individuals slagging off a player etc is part and parcel of the make up of every clubs fanbase but can't be considered the majority

Regarding the previous poster, I actually don't think KH is as valuable outside our club as some may think. In the cold light of day he has taken an unfashionable club from league 2 to league 1 twice. Other than doing that with another similar small league 2 club ( who would not go any higher than League 1 anyway so he would not be any better off), why would any team from Prem league through to league 1 chose him?
The only teams I could see wanting him, as well as giving him a chance to surpass what he has done with the Dale would be a sleeping giant in league 2 ( Portsmouth, Bristol Rovers?). If any such club could be financially secure, there would be a host of well qualified managers competing for these role, and if he thinks there is pressure at Rochdale, It would be pressure x 10 at these clubs - Could he handle it??

I didn't post on the long thread relating to his comments because I am one of those who don't read his comments anyway, but it is certainly a worry that a post has had over 100 responses, many negative at a time we are 12th in league 1. Will be there for the Chesterfield game so hopefully good performances in the next 2 games will see this blow over ( And perhaps CD will have a word with KH to "put him on the right track")
Dear Keith on 10:14 - Dec 23 with 10131 views1949er

Speaking of Judas who turned their back on rochdale to go to barnsley

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Dear Keith on 10:22 - Dec 23 with 10114 viewsR17ALE

Dear Keith on 10:14 - Dec 23 by 1949er

Speaking of Judas who turned their back on rochdale to go to barnsley

Steve Parkin?

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Dear Keith on 10:28 - Dec 23 with 10095 viewsTalkingSutty

Dear Keith on 10:22 - Dec 23 by R17ALE

Steve Parkin?

God, i thought you was going to spoil my Christmas then and mention the Captain.
Login to get fewer ads

Dear Keith on 10:29 - Dec 23 with 10090 viewsParkinsGimp

Dear Keith on 09:26 - Dec 23 by fitzochris

Hes in the wrong job if he takes notice of people expressing their opinion. The fans are held in contempt by both Hill and the Board. I am sick of hearing about the board is full of Dale fans...crud! If they were true dale fans they would of reeled him in long ago, The simple fact is , they agree with Hill. They dont give a flying feck about us fans.
They are more than happy to be 5th from bottom of League 1 or even back in League 2 were they believe we belong and are best suited.
Its a shame that they have zero ambition. I know for a fact that quite a few long time Dale fans cant be bothered to go any more because they have soaked up the apathy of the board , the manager and the players.
This division isnt that hard to get out of at the moment, there are some real mediocre teams around. We have unfortunately decided to survive best we can on a low budget( I dont beleive we should go Gung Ho as bury have) , we have brought in journeymen, some very poor( Calvin Andrew) , or players who have failed a couple of times at other clubs in the hope we produce a good one, which the board can then sell to keep the balance.
I think this lacklustre approach has fed down to many of the players. They dont seem up for the fight either and are happy just to survive and collect a wage.
Football is about passion and entertainment. this is lacking at the moment, we have had some excellent teams under Hill so I hope maybe he is visited by 3 ghosts on Christmas Eve and goes back to the No Fear attitude and to hell with them , let them worry about us :-)
I think we should go and spank Crewe just to get us going for the New Year.
Dear Keith on 10:45 - Dec 23 with 10055 viewsfitzochris

Dear Keith on 10:29 - Dec 23 by ParkinsGimp

Hes in the wrong job if he takes notice of people expressing their opinion. The fans are held in contempt by both Hill and the Board. I am sick of hearing about the board is full of Dale fans...crud! If they were true dale fans they would of reeled him in long ago, The simple fact is , they agree with Hill. They dont give a flying feck about us fans.
They are more than happy to be 5th from bottom of League 1 or even back in League 2 were they believe we belong and are best suited.
Its a shame that they have zero ambition. I know for a fact that quite a few long time Dale fans cant be bothered to go any more because they have soaked up the apathy of the board , the manager and the players.
This division isnt that hard to get out of at the moment, there are some real mediocre teams around. We have unfortunately decided to survive best we can on a low budget( I dont beleive we should go Gung Ho as bury have) , we have brought in journeymen, some very poor( Calvin Andrew) , or players who have failed a couple of times at other clubs in the hope we produce a good one, which the board can then sell to keep the balance.
I think this lacklustre approach has fed down to many of the players. They dont seem up for the fight either and are happy just to survive and collect a wage.
Football is about passion and entertainment. this is lacking at the moment, we have had some excellent teams under Hill so I hope maybe he is visited by 3 ghosts on Christmas Eve and goes back to the No Fear attitude and to hell with them , let them worry about us :-)

I'm sorry PG but I cannot agree with you on a number of points.

Having sat and interviewed CD about the club, his role and his ambitions, it was very, very obvious he does care about it and the fans. Some people may disagree with his view on getting extra bums on seats, but you cannot say he doesn't care about the club. It's thanks to him we still have one.

Also, having met Keith Hill, albeit briefly, I can say he, too, does care about the fans. His outbursts are baffling and, occasionally offensive, but I get the feeling he is prone to these outbursts because he cares about this club. Perhaps he does need to develop a thicker skin, but I am more worried by the fact he's got it into his head that we're not behind him.

As for both board and manager being happy with us plodding along, this is not true. If it was, why did CD sack both Steve Eyre and John Coleman?

Let's be clear. There are issues this season. There are countless threads already discussing these, but I don't think we're showing a lack of ambition. I don't honestly think CD and Hill are high-fiving each other after defeat.

We're in a good place with a sound operational model functioning from bottom to top. Yes, as with any business, there is room to improve, but nobody at the club wants us to slip back into a side that epitomises the Rochdale Division.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2015 10:46]

Dear Keith on 11:03 - Dec 23 with 10015 viewsroccydaleian

Dear Keith on 10:45 - Dec 23 by fitzochris

Having sat and interviewed CD about the club, his role and his ambitions, it was very, very obvious he does care about it and the fans. Some people may disagree with his view on getting extra bums on seats, but you cannot say he doesn't care about the club. It's thanks to him we still have one.

Also, having met Keith Hill, albeit briefly, I can say he, too, does care about the fans. His outbursts are baffling and, occasionally offensive, but I get the feeling he is prone to these outbursts because he cares about this club. Perhaps he does need to develop a thicker skin, but I am more worried by the fact he's got it into his head that we're not behind him.

As for both board and manager being happy with us plodding along, this is not true. If it was, why did CD sack both Steve Eyre and John Coleman?

Let's be clear. There are issues this season. There are countless threads already discussing these, but I don't think we're showing a lack of ambition. I don't honestly think CD and Hill are high-fiving each other after defeat.

We're in a good place with a sound operational model functioning from bottom to top. Yes, as with any business, there is room to improve, but nobody at the club wants us to slip back into a side that epitomises the Rochdale Division.

I seemed to have lost track of time, is it 10 am on a Monday morning? Oh no Dale won on Saturday so Gimpy's talking crap now instead. LOL..
Dear Keith on 11:09 - Dec 23 with 10003 viewsD_Alien

Dear Keith on 09:51 - Dec 23 by Nigeriamark

Spot on. As with most news a small but vocal minority always get a disproportionate amount of headlines. KH has been in this game as a player and manager long enough to know this. Some booing, individuals slagging off a player etc is part and parcel of the make up of every clubs fanbase but can't be considered the majority

Regarding the previous poster, I actually don't think KH is as valuable outside our club as some may think. In the cold light of day he has taken an unfashionable club from league 2 to league 1 twice. Other than doing that with another similar small league 2 club ( who would not go any higher than League 1 anyway so he would not be any better off), why would any team from Prem league through to league 1 chose him?
The only teams I could see wanting him, as well as giving him a chance to surpass what he has done with the Dale would be a sleeping giant in league 2 ( Portsmouth, Bristol Rovers?). If any such club could be financially secure, there would be a host of well qualified managers competing for these role, and if he thinks there is pressure at Rochdale, It would be pressure x 10 at these clubs - Could he handle it??

I didn't post on the long thread relating to his comments because I am one of those who don't read his comments anyway, but it is certainly a worry that a post has had over 100 responses, many negative at a time we are 12th in league 1. Will be there for the Chesterfield game so hopefully good performances in the next 2 games will see this blow over ( And perhaps CD will have a word with KH to "put him on the right track")

Nigeriamark, that is so bang on I wish I'd posted it!

Your assessment of where he stands in the pecking order of football managers is well thought through. As you say, if a club like Portsmouth don't win promotion this year they might well look in his direction but there are many other candidates and they'll also be taking into account his failure at Barnsley. Clubs with the potential for reaching the top end of the championship and above will want proven ability at that level.

Thank Christ other Dale fans see it that way too. KH is beyond question the best thing that happened to our football club but it's leaving an incredibly sour taste in my mouth that he can't bear to think of us as his ultimate achievement in football. That, IMO*, is behind everything that's happening right now.

As fans, we're as good as anyone and someone within the club really needs to get hold of him and put him straight about it. Maybe he can then concentrate on doing what he's paid well for, and taking us as high as we can fly. And whilst we're at it, Chris Dunphy himself, much admired as he is including by myself, should keep his gob shut about doubting our future prospects of achieving a further promotion.

These are hard, uncomfortable truths. No doubt some will post to say they aren't truths, but opinions. Maybe they're both, but if they're not true, tell us all why not.

*that particular point excepted.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dear Keith on 11:15 - Dec 23 with 9980 viewsTalkingSutty

Dear Keith on 10:45 - Dec 23 by fitzochris

I think Hilly needs to accept that fans are not idiots and more than capable of identifying a poor performance from a bad one. Once he does that he will feel a whole lot better. Criticising a players performance or not being happy with a team display is a perfectly normal thing to do and is the very essence of going watching the game. The following game those complaints invariably turn into praise because of the nature of the game, each one is different.

Some choose to do their criticising at the game which is never a good thing, it effects the confidence of the players and fosters a bad atmosphere, the ones who do that are a small minority. I know of two who sit in the TDS stand, we could play like Barcelona they would still come out with some negativity. Some of these people need help and have somehow found themselves inside Spotland every week, they can't help it.

Then we come to this forum, what a fantastic place to get things off your chest, release your frustrations or misguided opinions, fall out with fellow supporters and vent your feelings towards the manager/ players/ Chairman/ Weather Forecasters or Fixture Board malfunctions. Even the girls in the office can have a bit, nobodies immune. Andy Thackerry seemed a nice enough chap but he still gets it in the neck because the coin flipped the wrong way and the wind subsided to a gentle breeze. The forum belongs to the fans, like the boardroom belongs to the Chairman and Directors. Those who are easily offended or perhaps not a paying Football Supporter should keep out and mind there own business, lest it causes offence.

Rather than vent your frustration at the game, wait until after and do it on the forum instead. By doing that the manager and players can have no complaints. Is that a sensible suggestion or am I missing something?
Dear Keith on 11:22 - Dec 23 with 9960 viewsfitzochris

Dear Keith on 11:15 - Dec 23 by TalkingSutty

I think Hilly needs to accept that fans are not idiots and more than capable of identifying a poor performance from a bad one. Once he does that he will feel a whole lot better. Criticising a players performance or not being happy with a team display is a perfectly normal thing to do and is the very essence of going watching the game. The following game those complaints invariably turn into praise because of the nature of the game, each one is different.

Some choose to do their criticising at the game which is never a good thing, it effects the confidence of the players and fosters a bad atmosphere, the ones who do that are a small minority. I know of two who sit in the TDS stand, we could play like Barcelona they would still come out with some negativity. Some of these people need help and have somehow found themselves inside Spotland every week, they can't help it.

Then we come to this forum, what a fantastic place to get things off your chest, release your frustrations or misguided opinions, fall out with fellow supporters and vent your feelings towards the manager/ players/ Chairman/ Weather Forecasters or Fixture Board malfunctions. Even the girls in the office can have a bit, nobodies immune. Andy Thackerry seemed a nice enough chap but he still gets it in the neck because the coin flipped the wrong way and the wind subsided to a gentle breeze. The forum belongs to the fans, like the boardroom belongs to the Chairman and Directors. Those who are easily offended or perhaps not a paying Football Supporter should keep out and mind there own business, lest it causes offence.

Rather than vent your frustration at the game, wait until after and do it on the forum instead. By doing that the manager and players can have no complaints. Is that a sensible suggestion or am I missing something?

It is sensible and I said exactly the same on another thread. This is a fans' place. It is not a barometer to be used by the club, its employees, or the media. It's a virtual pub (that sadly doesn't provide alcohol).

Sure, some constructive things come from our gripes on here, and the Trust takes a lot of those points forward, but it shouldn't be viewed by those employed by the club, because the wrong end of the stick will invariably be grasped.

Posters on here are pretty good at self regulating and the shit storms usually dissapate after a while.

It's catharsis is what it is. For us, not the club.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2015 11:23]

Dear Keith on 11:24 - Dec 23 with 9952 viewsdingdangblue

Dear Keith on 09:51 - Dec 23 by Nigeriamark

I think if ever the Bradford City job became available , they would be interested in Hill and he would be interested in them.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Dear Keith on 11:33 - Dec 23 with 9930 viewsTalkingSutty

Dear Keith on 11:24 - Dec 23 by dingdangblue

I think if ever the Bradford City job became available , they would be interested in Hill and he would be interested in them.

Big fanbase to contend with though, which means a hell of a lot more verbals than he will encounter at Spotland.

I wouldn't imagine Bradford fans are less forgiving than us lot, they are Yorkshire and they call a spade a spade. Barnsleys the same.
Dear Keith on 11:40 - Dec 23 with 9907 viewsdingdangblue

Dear Keith on 11:33 - Dec 23 by TalkingSutty

Big fanbase to contend with though, which means a hell of a lot more verbals than he will encounter at Spotland.

I wouldn't imagine Bradford fans are less forgiving than us lot, they are Yorkshire and they call a spade a spade. Barnsleys the same.

True - but from what I've heard and read in the past they admire the job Hill has done here and the football we play. I think if ever Parkinson left or was sacked Hill would be very high on their list.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Dear Keith on 11:51 - Dec 23 with 9889 viewsTalkingSutty

Dear Keith on 11:40 - Dec 23 by dingdangblue

True - but from what I've heard and read in the past they admire the job Hill has done here and the football we play. I think if ever Parkinson left or was sacked Hill would be very high on their list.

Agree with you, i don't think there's much doubt Hillys a good manager. He needs to stay away from trying to manage supporters opinions through, that's one he can never win.
Dear Keith on 13:07 - Dec 23 with 9783 viewsrobbowood

Dear Keith on 10:29 - Dec 23 by ParkinsGimp

I cannot accept the club have zero ambition. We HAVE to live within our means and we give the manager as big a budget as we can afford. As for the "apathy of the board" - well as a shareholder I can say that is utter rubbish

You say "I don't believe we should go Gung Ho as bury have" well how much money do you want the club to go into debt for. Stockport County did this and look where they are

As for "This division isn't that hard to get out of at the moment" I suspect some of the managers at Sheff Utd, Wigan, Coventry and Bradford to name but four clubs may not agree with this statement at the end of the season

Having watched the Dale for over 35 years I am more than happy if we finish 5th from bottom of league one and I regard it as a massive achievement on our small crowds and the funds available
Dear Keith on 13:57 - Dec 23 with 9713 viewspioneer

Dear Keith on 13:07 - Dec 23 by robbowood

I cannot accept the club have zero ambition. We HAVE to live within our means and we give the manager as big a budget as we can afford. As for the "apathy of the board" - well as a shareholder I can say that is utter rubbish

You say "I don't believe we should go Gung Ho as bury have" well how much money do you want the club to go into debt for. Stockport County did this and look where they are

As for "This division isn't that hard to get out of at the moment" I suspect some of the managers at Sheff Utd, Wigan, Coventry and Bradford to name but four clubs may not agree with this statement at the end of the season

Having watched the Dale for over 35 years I am more than happy if we finish 5th from bottom of league one and I regard it as a massive achievement on our small crowds and the funds available

The problem is the club does little if any to change the 'means' within which they have to live - you reap what you sow. Even worse the way the manager has been going on there is a strong probability his actions are reducing those means by leaving fans ticked off and leaving their admission money in their pocket.

So your ambition for the club is 5th from bottom?

Id love to see us play in the championship sometime before I die.
Dear Keith on 16:09 - Dec 23 with 9564 viewsDaleView

Dear Keith on 13:07 - Dec 23 by robbowood

Quote"This division isn't that hard to get out of at the moment" I suspect some of the managers at Sheff Utd, Wigan, Coventry and Bradford to name but four clubs may not agree with this statement at the end of the season.

Yeovil found it easy enough to get out of this division.
Let's not follow that lead.
Dear Keith on 16:10 - Dec 23 with 9563 viewsroccydaleian

Dear Keith on 16:54 - Dec 23 with 9491 viewsrobbowood

Dear Keith on 13:57 - Dec 23 by pioneer

The problem is the club does little if any to change the 'means' within which they have to live - you reap what you sow. Even worse the way the manager has been going on there is a strong probability his actions are reducing those means by leaving fans ticked off and leaving their admission money in their pocket.

So your ambition for the club is 5th from bottom?

Id love to see us play in the championship sometime before I die.

I don't dispute Hilly's recent comments last weekend left a lot to be desired to say the very least and some supporters may not come again because of them

My ambition is to see the Dale finish as high as possible in the Football League - just like yours is

But don't you agree that for us to finish fifth from bottom in division one is a magnificent achievement considering the income we get compared to the majority of other clubs in the division - and that to spend money we haven't got is utter madness no matter how little or large the amount is

It wasn't all that long ago it looked like we may be going out of the Football League and we must be one of the most "over achieveing" clubs in the country
Dear Keith on 18:36 - Dec 23 with 9385 viewsfitzochris

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35169725

Dear Keith on 19:43 - Dec 23 with 9291 viewsrobbowood

Dear Keith on 18:36 - Dec 23 by fitzochris

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35169725

Cannot argue with this - but you cannot please some fans no matter what and it's not all that long ago when (so-called) Arsenal fans were on football phone-ins saying Arsene Wenger should be sacked!!

Carl Dickinson: Negative Port Vale fans should 'shut up and support'

Port Vale captain Carl Dickinson says any fans who are criticising the League One club need to "shut up and get behind the team".

Vale are currently four points off the play-off places in 13th, but have lost two of their last three matches.

"To be honest I don't know where the negativity comes from," Dickinson, 28, told BBC Radio Stoke.

"Fair enough we've lost a few but we're four points off the play-offs, just shut up and get behind the team."

Dickinson added: "If you'd offered any Vale fan that at Christmas, they'd have shaken your hand.

"It's stupid and there's no need for it, why can't everyone just come along and enjoy it?"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024