Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Curtis Until The Summer 22:11 - Jan 3 with 13373 viewsblaine_scfc

With Brendan coming back then a possibility.

Oh no.
Curtis Until The Summer on 08:37 - Jan 4 with 1887 viewsSwaneeRiver

My only concern with Curtis being in temporary charge is that he cannot and wil not go to the board and say " These players need to go and I want to sign X,Y & Z instead during the January transfer window"
A permanent manager would have these discussions prior to signing a contract, where as Alan cannot really tinker with a squad that effectively belongs to the next manager.
I think Curtis has done brilliantly so far and the players have responded well to him. I feel we have enough in our locker to avoid relegation, but my only worry is about Curt's hands being tied.
Curtis Until The Summer on 08:41 - Jan 4 with 1882 viewsSwaneeRiver

Curtis Until The Summer on 22:34 - Jan 3 by max936

It seems like the story we heard about the Board wanting the backroom staff removed and Monk saying no giving the Board no option, but to sack monk could be true then,

Which as left a huge fecking mess

Got to feel for Curt, he's between a rock and hard place.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2016 22:36]

With respect and IMO, the backroom staff that left contributed nothing good, which has been illustrated by our recent improvement in performances and self belief.
The wins will come
Curtis Until The Summer on 08:46 - Jan 4 with 1870 viewsSwaneeRiver

Curtis Until The Summer on 23:55 - Jan 3 by NeathJack

To be fair, I think the tactical nous at the moment is coming from Dave Adams rather than Curt.

I've nothing to back that statement up mind you just an opinion.

Whoever is providing the tactical nous, we very nearly drew at Man City & Man Utd under the new coaching regime as well as generally looking a lot more organised.
Will just a little luck we could have had at least 21 points now
Curtis Until The Summer on 08:54 - Jan 4 with 1840 viewsQuakerJack

Curtis Until The Summer on 23:18 - Jan 3 by NeathJack

What an utter shambles if this turns out to be true.

Curt couldn't have made it any more clear in his humble, charming way that he doesn't want to be doing the job.

To put him, and the club in this position would be a complete dereliction of duty by the board and if it's really on the basis the Rodgers fancies a longer holiday then I'm utterly lost for words.

Sums up my feelings about this...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Curtis Until The Summer on 08:59 - Jan 4 with 1827 viewsItchySphincter

Curtis Until The Summer on 04:31 - Jan 4 by lovejuicejack

No I'm ill at the moment with bronchitis so no stamping just fed up and poorly.

I've got bronchitis too. Must've affected my performance on the match day thread.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Curtis Until The Summer on 09:19 - Jan 4 with 1785 viewsmonmouth

This wouldn't surprise me at all now. It's looking increasingly obvious we can't find a good match that is currently available so, as is our practice, we need to roll the dice.

So the question for the Board is to choose the lowest risk (in their eyes). If they go for this, it is clear that Lorraine is right and that they believe that any appointment now (of a desperation last choice nature) is higher risk than hanging on, crossing their fingers, and having much better options later should we remain inthe prem.

I'm not sure it's what I would do, but I would back them because:
1) They are closer to the situation and will know the real mood inthe camp and 2) Critically, they stand to personally lose millions if we go down.

It's also increasingly clear that Monk and co must have stunk the place out for them to feel they had to take such a massive risk.

Next two league games will probably show the wisdom or folly of such a position. Strap yourselves in.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Curtis Until The Summer on 09:30 - Jan 4 with 1728 viewsjacabertawe

IF the story is true, I hope for two things initial things:
1) Huw gives the players another talking to, emphasising why the decision has been made and the need to knuckle down and work for Curt and co.,
2) Bring in a decent striker.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Curtis Until The Summer on 09:35 - Jan 4 with 1706 viewsQuakerJack

Curtis Until The Summer on 09:30 - Jan 4 by jacabertawe

IF the story is true, I hope for two things initial things:
1) Huw gives the players another talking to, emphasising why the decision has been made and the need to knuckle down and work for Curt and co.,
2) Bring in a decent striker.

He'll certainly do the first one... In his role as DoF.

He wont do the second one or if he does it'll be a cheapo back up... They backed Gomis this time last year despite his antics...

The thing that peeves me is the Brenda thing... I'll take a break and IF Swansea stay up I'll consider the job... If he's not prepared to back himself and the club incase he gets relegated then he can do one in the summer... We'll get someone better!!

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Login to get fewer ads

Curtis Until The Summer on 09:58 - Jan 4 with 1625 viewsUxbridge

Curtis Until The Summer on 08:30 - Jan 4 by Thornburyswan

I guess you can go 'half-full or half-empty' with that plan, if it's true of course :-

Half-full philosophy

1. Since Curt took over performances & points have uplifted - points to the correct decision in removing the previous mgm't team.
2. 3 of his 5 games in charge have been away against teams in the top 7 - again points to correct call.
3. Several senior players - Ash, Leon & Fabianski to name 3 - have all come out in support of Curts.
4. Several of our fellow strugglers have changed & either gone the "relegation saviour route" (Sunderland with Fat Sam) or "talented youngerish well connected route" (Villa with Remi Garde) & neither to date have evidenced marked improvement.
5. Feels like Curt has everyone pulling in the same/right direction & with 1 or maybe 2 additions in the attacking third we could scamble 20+ points in the second half.
6. IF Curt succeeds we can then attract the "right sort" of manager come the summer with several high profile names becoming available (or attracted to the Prem with it's even bigger money/TV deal).

Half-empty philosophy

1. We exited Monks & the bulk of his coaching team 3.5 weeks ago & 2-day break to South America aside appear to have done/said nothing - it appears the board are "keeping everything crossed & hoping for the best".
2. Lack of any communication with the fans, despite a 21% shareholding fan representative on the board, is at best inconsiderate & the worst unacceptable & a deriliction of duty.
3. IF Curt fails to keep us up are the board then duty bound to exit him too??
4. With no "real" manager in place how do you attract the right additions in Jan (other than loanees) ahead of other teams with bigger budgets & a clearly plan/vision.
5. The saying/seemingly doing nothing is dividing the fans right at a time when the boys need us to be, as Monks would say, 'loud & proud'.

Right now & ahead of 2 home games I'm still in the 'half-full' camp but that could change.

Excellent post that and sums up roughly what I was going to write. Difficult decision, but that's why Huw's paid the big bucks.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Curtis Until The Summer on 10:41 - Jan 4 with 1496 viewsOldjack

Curtis Until The Summer on 08:30 - Jan 4 by Thornburyswan

I guess you can go 'half-full or half-empty' with that plan, if it's true of course :-

Half-full philosophy

1. Since Curt took over performances & points have uplifted - points to the correct decision in removing the previous mgm't team.
2. 3 of his 5 games in charge have been away against teams in the top 7 - again points to correct call.
3. Several senior players - Ash, Leon & Fabianski to name 3 - have all come out in support of Curts.
4. Several of our fellow strugglers have changed & either gone the "relegation saviour route" (Sunderland with Fat Sam) or "talented youngerish well connected route" (Villa with Remi Garde) & neither to date have evidenced marked improvement.
5. Feels like Curt has everyone pulling in the same/right direction & with 1 or maybe 2 additions in the attacking third we could scamble 20+ points in the second half.
6. IF Curt succeeds we can then attract the "right sort" of manager come the summer with several high profile names becoming available (or attracted to the Prem with it's even bigger money/TV deal).

Half-empty philosophy

1. We exited Monks & the bulk of his coaching team 3.5 weeks ago & 2-day break to South America aside appear to have done/said nothing - it appears the board are "keeping everything crossed & hoping for the best".
2. Lack of any communication with the fans, despite a 21% shareholding fan representative on the board, is at best inconsiderate & the worst unacceptable & a deriliction of duty.
3. IF Curt fails to keep us up are the board then duty bound to exit him too??
4. With no "real" manager in place how do you attract the right additions in Jan (other than loanees) ahead of other teams with bigger budgets & a clearly plan/vision.
5. The saying/seemingly doing nothing is dividing the fans right at a time when the boys need us to be, as Monks would say, 'loud & proud'.

Right now & ahead of 2 home games I'm still in the 'half-full' camp but that could change.

Absolutely correct, Point 2 especially ; Lack of any communication with the fans, despite a 21% shareholding fan representative on the board, is at best inconsiderate & the worst unacceptable & a deriliction of duty.

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Curtis Until The Summer on 11:23 - Jan 4 with 1372 viewsDafyddHuw

Curtis Until The Summer on 22:21 - Jan 3 by blaine_scfc

Relying on Huw to sign players which are capable of helping out our chances of survival worry me more.

Don't worry though, no need to be negative, relegation won't be that bad according to Darran on an earlier thread. F*ck the people who will lose jobs, f*ck the lost revenue for companies in the area which having premier league football brings to an area. As long as Darran enjoys himself more watching lower league football.

As Mon said yesterday "who gives a f*ck"

Are you insane? Are you saying that the main worry about relegation is that people will lose jobs and companies will lose revenue?
Curtis Until The Summer on 11:23 - Jan 4 with 1371 viewsOldjack

It's looking more and more like Curt is gonna do the job until the summer
my thoughts are, he's certainly steady the ship, The players are giving it all for him . We're getting points back on the scorecard .Only time will tell if it's the right call ,Better the devil you know and all that for me.

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Curtis Until The Summer on 11:26 - Jan 4 with 1356 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

2 words

F@cking madness

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Curtis Until The Summer on 11:30 - Jan 4 with 1336 viewsmax936

Curtis Until The Summer on 08:41 - Jan 4 by SwaneeRiver

With respect and IMO, the backroom staff that left contributed nothing good, which has been illustrated by our recent improvement in performances and self belief.
The wins will come

l agree wholeheartedly regarding the coaches, totally inept, Clotet had been here a while though, but l think his goose was cooked as soon as he had an interest in the Brentford job.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Curtis Until The Summer on 11:41 - Jan 4 with 1276 viewsStarsky

Curtis Until The Summer on 06:23 - Jan 4 by Brynmill_Jack

In that context (i.e. worship) I think he means "Idol"

Yeah I guessed that Brynnie.
But I was too pissed to correct him properly, lol
[Post edited 4 Jan 2016 11:41]

It's just the internet, init.

Curtis Until The Summer on 11:53 - Jan 4 with 1219 viewspremierjack

I have said before that our first choice was belisa but he was too expensive, we have tried to get BR but we can't sort the contract out because he is still receiving payment off Liverpool until the end of the season. Now it looks like curt with BR advising him secretly until he can sign the deal. (Not much of a secret anymore)

And every striker I've read on here isn't the one we are supposedly after.
Curtis Until The Summer on 11:59 - Jan 4 with 1191 viewsQuakerJack

Curtis Until The Summer on 11:53 - Jan 4 by premierjack

I have said before that our first choice was belisa but he was too expensive, we have tried to get BR but we can't sort the contract out because he is still receiving payment off Liverpool until the end of the season. Now it looks like curt with BR advising him secretly until he can sign the deal. (Not much of a secret anymore)

who is this striker then?

Curtis Until The Summer on 12:00 - Jan 4 with 1182 viewsWarwickHunt

Curtis Until The Summer on 11:26 - Jan 4 by oh_tommy_tommy

2 words

F@cking madness

One word.

Clusterfück.
Curtis Until The Summer on 12:02 - Jan 4 with 1173 viewspencoedjack

Curtis Until The Summer on 11:26 - Jan 4 by oh_tommy_tommy

2 words

F@cking madness

Indeed

I still cant believe a multi million business has a manager in place who has clearly stated he doesn't want the job & an ex manager saying (allegedly) wait around till the summer (as I am being paid by a previous employer) see if you go down .... if you don't Ill take the gig.

Its something I would expect to happen in Basseyville.
Curtis Until The Summer on 12:03 - Jan 4 with 1168 viewsWarwickHunt

Curtis Until The Summer on 11:59 - Jan 4 by QuakerJack

who is this striker then?

Kenwyne Jones. Probably.
Curtis Until The Summer on 12:05 - Jan 4 with 1147 viewsQuakerJack

Curtis Until The Summer on 12:03 - Jan 4 by WarwickHunt

Kenwyne Jones. Probably.

Yeah sounds about right.

Curtis Until The Summer on 12:06 - Jan 4 with 1136 viewsQuakerJack

Curtis Until The Summer on 12:02 - Jan 4 by pencoedjack

Indeed

I still cant believe a multi million business has a manager in place who has clearly stated he doesn't want the job & an ex manager saying (allegedly) wait around till the summer (as I am being paid by a previous employer) see if you go down .... if you don't Ill take the gig.

Its something I would expect to happen in Basseyville.

Or Royston Vasey... Absolutely farcical.

Curtis Until The Summer on 12:08 - Jan 4 with 1128 viewsThornburyswan

Curtis Until The Summer on 11:53 - Jan 4 by premierjack

Lets get the striker bit sorted in time for Sunderland (that's in, registered & with a few days training) & it will at least look like we have some kinda plan.
Curtis Until The Summer on 12:10 - Jan 4 with 1110 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Curtis Until The Summer on 08:37 - Jan 4 by SwaneeRiver

My only concern with Curtis being in temporary charge is that he cannot and wil not go to the board and say " These players need to go and I want to sign X,Y & Z instead during the January transfer window"
A permanent manager would have these discussions prior to signing a contract, where as Alan cannot really tinker with a squad that effectively belongs to the next manager.
I think Curtis has done brilliantly so far and the players have responded well to him. I feel we have enough in our locker to avoid relegation, but my only worry is about Curt's hands being tied.

I think dropping Shelvey's was a pretty good statement that he is his own man.

The DoF isn't interested in manager inputs on new signings anyway it seems...

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Curtis Until The Summer on 12:13 - Jan 4 with 1090 viewsQuakerJack

we won't sign a striker.... not in the way we think we will... loan move for another Schechter/Vasquez/Oliveira maybe, but can't see us splashing millions personally.

They stuck with Goalmis after he stropped off this time last year, they'll do the same again.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024