Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matty Phillips next out the door 19:23 - Jan 16 with 16964 viewsQPRDave

QPR discussing a possible move, that will see Matty join Watford

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-watford-interested-in-qpr-winger
Matty Phillips next out the door on 14:23 - Jan 18 with 2159 viewsisawqpratwcity

Matty Phillips next out the door on 13:35 - Jan 18 by Mvpeter

No this is the issue that you made it. We were debating whether we need to sell in order to reduce our wage bill for FFP. Nobody except you mentioned whether it was relevant to this 'round' of FFP and I never engaged that as it's irrelevant.

You're incapable of keeping the discussion on the subject matter. Really boring.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2016 13:35]

How best to phrase this?

You're not fooling anybody but yourself.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Matty Phillips next out the door on 14:57 - Jan 18 with 2083 viewsMvpeter

Matty Phillips next out the door on 14:23 - Jan 18 by isawqpratwcity

How best to phrase this?

You're not fooling anybody but yourself.

That god I need no validation.

You guys are right we are very strong financially and we're being led into a golden age. My criticism of the way QPR has been run over a number of years have been entirely unfounded and there is a immense amount of evidence with the benefit of hindsight showing how often I am wrong.

Oh wait.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2016 14:57]

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Matty Phillips next out the door on 15:04 - Jan 18 with 2046 viewsisawqpratwcity

Matty Phillips next out the door on 14:57 - Jan 18 by Mvpeter

That god I need no validation.

You guys are right we are very strong financially and we're being led into a golden age. My criticism of the way QPR has been run over a number of years have been entirely unfounded and there is a immense amount of evidence with the benefit of hindsight showing how often I am wrong.

Oh wait.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2016 14:57]

I wasn't referring to any of that, and you know it.

You've been cut up like a kipper.

And you know it.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Matty Phillips next out the door on 15:13 - Jan 18 with 2009 viewsMvpeter

Matty Phillips next out the door on 15:04 - Jan 18 by isawqpratwcity

And you know it.

Yes you right because.

I am simply laughing at the notion that we don't have to sell. And I know it.....brilliant.

Matty Phillips next out the door on 15:19 - Jan 18 with 1981 viewskarl

Matty Phillips next out the door on 15:04 - Jan 18 by isawqpratwcity

And you know it.

He's like a kipper alright. Two faced and gutless
Matty Phillips next out the door on 15:19 - Jan 18 with 1972 viewskensalriser

You're a bit of a windbag, Mv.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Matty Phillips next out the door on 15:26 - Jan 18 with 1953 viewsMvpeter

Matty Phillips next out the door on 15:19 - Jan 18 by karl

Unlike you. Very brave.

Matty Phillips next out the door on 15:36 - Jan 18 with 1912 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Matty Phillips next out the door on 15:19 - Jan 18 by karl

I'm not getting involved in this to and fro with MyPeter, but i'd like to say that I think Karl deserves some serious recognition for that Kipper pun. Drew on his expertise and executed it well.

Take a bow son.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2016 15:37]
Login to get fewer ads

Matty Phillips next out the door on 15:39 - Jan 18 with 1898 viewskensalriser

Matty Phillips next out the door on 15:36 - Jan 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'm not getting involved in this to and fro with MyPeter, but i'd like to say that I think Karl deserves some serious recognition for that Kipper pun. Drew on his expertise and executed it well.

Take a bow son.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2016 15:37]

Joke was nicely compounded by the subject failing to spot it as such.

Matty Phillips next out the door on 15:47 - Jan 18 with 1861 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Peter - I disagree with your take on our earlier conversation.

Getting back to the subject, I feel reassured that so many of you think we can cover a possible Phillips departure.

Philips is providing goals and assists but it's alarming that his work rate has not increased in line with the new manager's clear wishes. If we can cover his departure with a player/players who will do their job tactically and make some money in the process, then that would seem to be good business. If we can't and the team suffers then finances will also be impacted negatively and selling him may prove to be a false economy.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Matty Phillips next out the door on 15:48 - Jan 18 with 1860 viewsMvpeter

Yes clearly this was too nuanced for me. You guys do make me laugh. Another year where massive losses are a shock to all then.

Brian thats fine, I would have been happy to keep discussing it. Still am if you want.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2016 15:50]

Matty Phillips next out the door on 16:05 - Jan 18 with 1800 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Matty Phillips next out the door on 15:48 - Jan 18 by Mvpeter

Yes clearly this was too nuanced for me. You guys do make me laugh. Another year where massive losses are a shock to all then.

Brian thats fine, I would have been happy to keep discussing it. Still am if you want.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2016 15:50]

I'm just here for the fish jokes mate, nothing personal.
Matty Phillips next out the door on 16:09 - Jan 18 with 1785 viewskarl

Matty Phillips next out the door on 16:05 - Jan 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'm just here for the fish jokes mate, nothing personal.

Thank you Baz, there's something fishy about the way this thread has gone alright!

And goodbye
Matty Phillips next out the door on 16:15 - Jan 18 with 1764 viewsMvpeter

I literally came on here and posted not all relegated clubs need to sell players but we do lol Then this ensued. It's quite amusing. Luckily I'm happier in my life than I've ever been so I've not taken offense.

Karl I thought perhaps you were looking to insult with puns but maybe it was just too delicious a pun opportunity to pass up. If so apologies.

Matty Phillips next out the door on 16:31 - Jan 18 with 1700 viewskarl

Matty Phillips next out the door on 16:15 - Jan 18 by Mvpeter

I literally came on here and posted not all relegated clubs need to sell players but we do lol Then this ensued. It's quite amusing. Luckily I'm happier in my life than I've ever been so I've not taken offense.

Karl I thought perhaps you were looking to insult with puns but maybe it was just too delicious a pun opportunity to pass up. If so apologies.

I'm not getting involved in slanging anyone. Brian and Antii have put across good info and reasoning on the main points.
My opinion would be the same as with any player, if he can be sold and replaced with a cheaper and potentially more productive replacement then do it. Anya would do that imo
Matty Phillips next out the door on 16:38 - Jan 18 with 1679 viewsjohncharles

Enough of this. Trading insults.We are all QPR.
Everyone back to my plaice for drinks.

Strong and stable my arse.

Matty Phillips next out the door on 16:40 - Jan 18 with 1674 viewsBklynRanger

I think losing Phillips would weaken us but if it's a good offer we should take it.

Replacing Phillips with Mackie wouldn't be the difference between us surging up the table or dropping like a stone.
Matty Phillips next out the door on 17:00 - Jan 18 with 1640 viewsJamie

Matty Phillips next out the door on 15:47 - Jan 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Peter - I disagree with your take on our earlier conversation.

Getting back to the subject, I feel reassured that so many of you think we can cover a possible Phillips departure.

Philips is providing goals and assists but it's alarming that his work rate has not increased in line with the new manager's clear wishes. If we can cover his departure with a player/players who will do their job tactically and make some money in the process, then that would seem to be good business. If we can't and the team suffers then finances will also be impacted negatively and selling him may prove to be a false economy.

In fairness Bri, can't speak for anyone else, but I'd be comfortable with Petrasso & Mackie taking over from Phillips in the role of a winger who works both ways.

Petrasso is young, quick, versatile and works his nuts off defensively as well as offensively and so with us neither going up nor down, should get a run of 10 games to see what he can do.

Mackie is a perfect 60 minute sub to bring on and harry tiring defences or put a shift in defensively if we are hanging on.
Matty Phillips next out the door on 17:33 - Jan 18 with 1531 viewskensalriser

Anya...sounds like a spud to me.

Matty Phillips next out the door on 17:35 - Jan 18 with 1524 viewsichbinnaughty

Matty Phillips next out the door on 16:38 - Jan 18 by johncharles

Enough of this. Trading insults.We are all QPR.
Everyone back to my plaice for drinks.

Up yours JohnC.
It's too tench here.
Matty Phillips next out the door on 17:40 - Jan 18 with 1505 viewsQPRDave

Anyway this thread seems to be floundering so back on topic.
Will Watford want Matty now do you think. Just signed a winger from Malaga.
Eel probably be all they need.
Matty Phillips next out the door on 19:50 - Jan 18 with 1359 viewskensalriser

Codrington Mews address?

Matty Phillips next out the door on 19:54 - Jan 18 with 1350 viewsPommyhoop

I'd like Perch to go too.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Matty Phillips next out the door on 20:23 - Jan 18 with 1246 viewsthemodfather

sadly matty has been an overall disappointment, he bottles out from tackles, is a lightweight, poor header of the ball and rarely clicks
like hoilet! and many others....why do we continually sign promising players and watch them fail??
if we get near what we paid, then cheerio..in fact anything will do.
but sando should be first out, there's only so many nhs beds in london and he can't fill em all!
Matty Phillips next out the door on 20:47 - Jan 18 with 1172 viewsbosh67

Phillips has a lot of talent but he is a confidence player. As such he blows hot and cold. I think we would miss him but he is replaceable. Mackie is more than capable and Petrasso longterm is ideal for his position. Anything north of the £5m we paid would be okay.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024