Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matty Phillips next out the door 19:23 - Jan 16 with 16965 viewsQPRDave

QPR discussing a possible move, that will see Matty join Watford

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-watford-interested-in-qpr-winger
Matty Phillips next out the door on 20:59 - Jan 18 with 1963 viewsdaveB

Matty Phillips next out the door on 20:23 - Jan 18 by themodfather

sadly matty has been an overall disappointment, he bottles out from tackles, is a lightweight, poor header of the ball and rarely clicks
like hoilet! and many others....why do we continually sign promising players and watch them fail??
if we get near what we paid, then cheerio..in fact anything will do.
but sando should be first out, there's only so many nhs beds in london and he can't fill em all!

Sometimes with younger players you have to stay patient with them, they won't always deliver, Phillips is only 24, a real shame if he goes, would have been good to build a team around players like him, Caulker and Austin Opportunity really wasted last season
Matty Phillips next out the door on 21:01 - Jan 18 with 1954 viewsdistortR

Tbh, suprised that Phillips has been given cod-like status by some on here.

On a related matter, do snp leaders have to be named after fish?
Matty Phillips next out the door on 21:03 - Jan 18 with 1943 viewsTacticalR

Surprised that people are so casual about the departure of our current top scorer.

Air hostess clique

Matty Phillips next out the door on 21:25 - Jan 18 with 1879 viewsQPR_Jim

Matty Phillips next out the door on 21:03 - Jan 18 by TacticalR

Surprised that people are so casual about the departure of our current top scorer.

Hasn't scored in 7 games, no great loss.
Matty Phillips next out the door on 21:32 - Jan 18 with 1850 viewsTacticalR

Matty Phillips next out the door on 21:25 - Jan 18 by QPR_Jim

Hasn't scored in 7 games, no great loss.

Our current top scorer (Phillips) scored on Saturday
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/top-scorers

Air hostess clique

Matty Phillips next out the door on 21:55 - Jan 18 with 1778 viewsLythamR

philips is a keeper in my eyes, we have seen what he is capable of. he has been off more than on it so far this season but has already got 7 goals in a team that is struggling with managerial chopping and changing. This fitness push by JFH will benefit Philips, he has the potential to be one of the most effective players in this division, he has been before when a teenager. We should stick with him
Matty Phillips next out the door on 21:57 - Jan 18 with 1778 viewsPunteR

Matty Phillips next out the door on 20:59 - Jan 18 by daveB

Sometimes with younger players you have to stay patient with them, they won't always deliver, Phillips is only 24, a real shame if he goes, would have been good to build a team around players like him, Caulker and Austin Opportunity really wasted last season

This is the thing for me. What is the long term plan?,is it to get back to the prem within 2-3-4 years?. It's all well and good getting the accounts department sorted out but we still need to win football matches and build a good team. Eventually we will need to start buying players of Philips ilk again if we're going to push on. Why set ourselves back a few seasons by getting rid of all our best players now. Phillips is inconsistent but he's only 24, i think he's a player to persist with. He has potential to be a top championship player,a couple of good standout seasons and prem clubs with their wads of cash will come knocking again i'm sure.
As much as i love Mackie he's 30 now so we're probably not going to start building a team around him. Although he'll probably run through brick walls for a few more years.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Matty Phillips next out the door on 22:02 - Jan 18 with 1751 viewsQPR_Jim

Matty Phillips next out the door on 21:32 - Jan 18 by TacticalR

Woops

Goal's are overrated anyway.

I quite like the idea of cashing in and rebuilding, a new look team filled with young hungry players, over the summer when another wave of over paid players are let go. Phillips is probably one of the few we can sell to help generate funds to re-build.
Login to get fewer ads

Matty Phillips next out the door on 22:05 - Jan 18 with 1720 viewsPunteR

Matty Phillips next out the door on 22:02 - Jan 18 by QPR_Jim

Woops

I quite like the idea of cashing in and rebuilding, a new look team filled with young hungry players, over the summer when another wave of over paid players are let go. Phillips is probably one of the few we can sell to help generate funds to re-build.

But we keep rebuilding. We do it every season.

Matty Phillips next out the door on 22:07 - Jan 18 with 1711 viewsTW_R

Matty Phillips next out the door on 21:55 - Jan 18 by LythamR

philips is a keeper in my eyes, we have seen what he is capable of. he has been off more than on it so far this season but has already got 7 goals in a team that is struggling with managerial chopping and changing. This fitness push by JFH will benefit Philips, he has the potential to be one of the most effective players in this division, he has been before when a teenager. We should stick with him

It's amazing the differences of opinion on here, but personally wouldn't want to see him playing in goal. I guess if Green goes he could be used as back-up.
Matty Phillips next out the door on 22:13 - Jan 18 with 1683 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Matty Phillips next out the door on 22:07 - Jan 18 by TW_R

It's amazing the differences of opinion on here, but personally wouldn't want to see him playing in goal. I guess if Green goes he could be used as back-up.

Sharp!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Matty Phillips next out the door on 22:19 - Jan 18 with 1661 viewsTacticalR

Matty Phillips next out the door on 22:02 - Jan 18 by QPR_Jim

Woops

I get what you're saying, and I think I am basically in agreement, but with some caveats...

When we first went up we dumped a lot of our players and replaced them with big names from big clubs. You know, because they must be better than what we had.

Now we want to dump a lot of our players and replace them with up and coming players. You know, because they must be better than what we have. But is it really so easy to find all these rough diamonds? Don't you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince?

Another thing...is it likely that the same people who showed no great skill purchasing players are going to show any great skill in selling players?

Air hostess clique

Matty Phillips next out the door on 22:22 - Jan 18 with 1645 viewsQPR_Jim

Matty Phillips next out the door on 22:05 - Jan 18 by PunteR

But we keep rebuilding. We do it every season.

I know but not necessarily in a balanced manor, but that seems to be improving.

I think we're going to lose about 14 players in the summer with maybe 2-3 worth resigning so we may need to sign some players, ideally have a squad of 25.
Matty Phillips next out the door on 22:40 - Jan 18 with 1584 viewsPunteR

Matty Phillips next out the door on 22:22 - Jan 18 by QPR_Jim

I know but not necessarily in a balanced manor, but that seems to be improving.

I think we're going to lose about 14 players in the summer with maybe 2-3 worth resigning so we may need to sign some players, ideally have a squad of 25.

I would resign Phillips . I think we would probably get more for Hoilett who is having a better season. . Definitely move on Green, Fer,Sandro,Henry.
I would even be tempted to sell Onuoha who's probably on a big money and keep Angella,if it's just about reducing the wage bill. Although Onuoha seems the right sort to have around the club i think he's a very average defender and possibly not worth what we're paying him.

Matty Phillips next out the door on 22:45 - Jan 18 with 1563 viewsnyhoops

phillips is an interesting case. on one hand, i understand the reasoning behind letting him go-- we could potentially get some cash, our midfield is fairly deep (at least in the amount of backup that we have, not necessarily the quality.) on the other, i think that he does possess some real quality in him. i don't think he'll ever be an extremely "hard working" player, but he does have the ability to blow by left backs at times and really get the ball into dangerous areas. he seems to play way, way better when we're up a goal or the team is playing well-- not a leader, and not necessarily a "key" piece to this team, but certainly a player with a level of quality we might want to hold onto.
Matty Phillips next out the door on 22:51 - Jan 18 with 1535 viewsQPR_Jim

Matty Phillips next out the door on 22:40 - Jan 18 by PunteR

I would resign Phillips . I think we would probably get more for Hoilett who is having a better season. . Definitely move on Green, Fer,Sandro,Henry.
I would even be tempted to sell Onuoha who's probably on a big money and keep Angella,if it's just about reducing the wage bill. Although Onuoha seems the right sort to have around the club i think he's a very average defender and possibly not worth what we're paying him.

I don't disagree with any of that however, if (big if) there's a buyer for Phillips who meet's our valuation and we have adequate cover (or a cheaper replacement in mind) then I'd sell.
Matty Phillips next out the door on 23:04 - Jan 18 with 1503 viewsdaveB

Matty Phillips next out the door on 21:57 - Jan 18 by PunteR

This is the thing for me. What is the long term plan?,is it to get back to the prem within 2-3-4 years?. It's all well and good getting the accounts department sorted out but we still need to win football matches and build a good team. Eventually we will need to start buying players of Philips ilk again if we're going to push on. Why set ourselves back a few seasons by getting rid of all our best players now. Phillips is inconsistent but he's only 24, i think he's a player to persist with. He has potential to be a top championship player,a couple of good standout seasons and prem clubs with their wads of cash will come knocking again i'm sure.
As much as i love Mackie he's 30 now so we're probably not going to start building a team around him. Although he'll probably run through brick walls for a few more years.

The problem is if a Prem club comes in for Phillips and offers decent money it's hard to turn that down as the plater will want to go and the longer you hold off the more the price will drop if the player becomes unhappy and his performances drop. The model should be that if we sell these players we already have replacements lined up, that seems to be the case with Austin so if Phillips or Green or whoever left then you'd hope we'd have replacements lined up for them as well.
Matty Phillips next out the door on 23:22 - Jan 18 with 1447 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Phillips is a massive candidate for player that will leave and improve 600% wherever he goes.
Matty Phillips next out the door on 00:32 - Jan 19 with 1360 viewsHitch

Matty Phillips next out the door on 23:22 - Jan 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Phillips is a massive candidate for player that will leave and improve 600% wherever he goes.

Bazza , if he goes somewhere else does that mean there'll be six of him.
Matty Phillips next out the door on 00:36 - Jan 19 with 1348 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Matty Phillips next out the door on 00:32 - Jan 19 by Hitch

I got a D in GCSE maths..... I thought Pythagoras was a Cypriot football team.
Matty Phillips next out the door on 08:48 - Jan 19 with 1224 viewssimmo

Matty Phillips next out the door on 21:03 - Jan 18 by TacticalR

The simple fact is, if QPR buy a player for £4m that is now potentially worth twice that - we should sell him. Especially if we have an alternative that can play in his position already at the club. We're a small, selling club that should take profit where it comes to keep the club running whilst then re-investing some of the gains into replacements if one can't be found already in the squad or amongst our youth ranks.

That's how it should be from now on and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, although at times we will have to sell a player we like, or one that is currently our top scorer.

The caveat here is that he is indeed only 24, so could still improve. But after just coming down from the premiership where he played very well, I don't think his stock will be much higher than it is now. We should also consider the fact that his contract runs out next year, so unless he takes a big pay cut, he needs to be sold to avoid another Charlie situation.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Matty Phillips next out the door on 09:24 - Jan 19 with 1152 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Matty Phillips next out the door on 00:32 - Jan 19 by Hitch

Seven. You forgot to carry the original Philips.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Matty Phillips next out the door on 09:55 - Jan 19 with 1115 viewsQPunkR

Matty Phillips next out the door on 09:24 - Jan 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Seven. You forgot to carry the original Philips.

QPR - "shit but local"

Matty Phillips next out the door on 10:09 - Jan 19 with 1095 viewsJuzzie

Matty Phillips next out the door on 21:32 - Jan 18 by TacticalR

Austin is still our top scorer. The fact he's no longer here is irrelevant. He should be on that list.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024