Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matty Phillips next out the door 19:23 - Jan 16 with 16966 viewsQPRDave

QPR discussing a possible move, that will see Matty join Watford

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-watford-interested-in-qpr-winger
Matty Phillips next out the door on 23:28 - Jan 16 with 3113 viewsWatford_Ranger

You wouldn't want him in the trenches but I bet he goes on to have a very good Premier League career
Matty Phillips next out the door (n/t) on 00:26 - Jan 17 with 3042 viewsTacticalR

It's true that he blows hot and cold, but I'd stick with him - he'll give Polter something to get on the end of, as he did against Hull, and get some goals himself, as he did today.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 0:46]

Air hostess clique

Matty Phillips next out the door on 00:49 - Jan 17 with 3003 viewsqueensparker

Yes Phillips has been disappointing this season (mainly because he's been playing centre forward for many games, for some mystifying reason). But if we do get rid of him, and possibly Fer and Hoillet, plus Charlie already gone, I reckon we could go from here until the end of the season without scoring another goal. Who else is going to get them / set them up?
Matty Phillips next out the door on 00:55 - Jan 17 with 2989 viewskarl

Matty Phillips next out the door on 00:49 - Jan 17 by queensparker

Yes Phillips has been disappointing this season (mainly because he's been playing centre forward for many games, for some mystifying reason). But if we do get rid of him, and possibly Fer and Hoillet, plus Charlie already gone, I reckon we could go from here until the end of the season without scoring another goal. Who else is going to get them / set them up?

Polter!
Matty Phillips next out the door on 02:38 - Jan 17 with 2906 viewstimcocking

Well, he's one who, like Leroy Fer, you know has quality, but do we see enough of it? Maybe we'd be better off without. I doubt he's happy to be with us.
Matty Phillips next out the door on 07:05 - Jan 17 with 2845 viewsElHoop

Matty Phillips next out the door on 20:31 - Jan 16 by Antti_Heinola

Never thought MP had any kind of attitude problem. If he's overrated I'm not sure who by as he gets pelters most weeks on here.
Decent player, great shot on him, scores goals and gets assists. Was ignored by Redknapp and has probably scored what, 8 or 9 goals in less than a calendar year since he left and assisted at least as many again. But yeah, get rid.
Classic Football Manager thread, this.

Mystifying comments there Auntie.

He's been dreadful far too often for a player with the sort of reputation/valuation that he seems to have. He doesn't score enough goals to be considered as a striker and he never has done, anywhere anytime. Blackpool 2012/13 36 games for 4 goals and we signed him. At his best he can create goals and chip in with a few, but he seemed to lose interest completely on too many occasions - probably a bit too fragile to become a consistently good player and if he leaves for a reasonable fee then I certainly won't be heartbroken.
Matty Phillips next out the door on 07:58 - Jan 17 with 2793 viewsDANRANGER

5m and and a pre planned cheaper replacement. Can't sell unless we have a plan. Burke from forest?
Matty Phillips next out the door on 08:12 - Jan 17 with 2776 viewsRanger78

He's been a massive disappointment for me, it frustrates the life out of me watching him play.

Overall, I think that sort of money would be good business for him but I'd rather we focused on shifting Green, Sandro and Fer first.

I think at this level, he does have enough ability hidden in there somewhere that if he gets the right management and plays in the right position, there could be hope yet.

It wasn't long ago when Holiett had no hope but some how, JFH has turned him into something that resembles a professional footballer.

Who knows with Phillips? I think the other 3 are a bigger stain on the club and our finances right now and they have no desire to change it. Get them out first
Login to get fewer ads

Matty Phillips next out the door on 09:52 - Jan 17 with 2638 viewsDiscodroids

Should have been the Andrei Kanchelskis of the championship , but is in fact the Jimmy Carter of the Championship .

if we can get £5 million for this force of nature it will go some way to erasing my utter contempt for the board of this club rolling around the floor for the fiscal famine mixture served up by our overlords , Southampton yesterday.

A Number One.

Matty Phillips next out the door on 10:10 - Jan 17 with 2607 viewsDorse

I think that the club already replacements in mind during the Summer window but the lack of interest in him meant that they wouldn't go ahead with their approach. Whether they are still available or, more pertinently, whether they are signings JFH would want are a different matter.

If we get over £3m in cash I'd be very surprised. This will be horribly reminiscent of the Tricky Trev Transfer (or TTT). I have spoken.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Matty Phillips next out the door on 10:55 - Jan 17 with 2555 viewsrichpr

Has undoubtedly been disappointing for us but think he will be better in a better team (i.e. no Henry and Toszer). Must replace with a player with pace and conviction. If Toszer is part of any deal with Watford - that might just tip me over the edge.
Matty Phillips next out the door on 11:02 - Jan 17 with 2531 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I remember Ray Harford telling Dave Thomas of AKUTR's that before you sold a player you should have three secure options lined up. He was right, of course.

So my question is genuine but simple - 'what are our secure options'?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Matty Phillips next out the door on 11:07 - Jan 17 with 2504 viewsNorthernr

Obviously thinks there's a strong possibility he might get sold this month - haven't seen anybody jump quite so high out of tackles since Scott Sinclair was here.
Matty Phillips next out the door on 11:08 - Jan 17 with 2498 viewsWatford_Ranger

Matty Phillips next out the door on 11:02 - Jan 17 by BrianMcCarthy

I remember Ray Harford telling Dave Thomas of AKUTR's that before you sold a player you should have three secure options lined up. He was right, of course.

1.) Michael Harriman- Wycombe
Matty Phillips next out the door on 11:28 - Jan 17 with 2450 viewsfrancisbowles

Inconsistent in his forward play, very rarely actually beats a player relies on getting space and using his pace. Is very weak in the air and tackle for a guy of his size and offers little or no protection for the full back. Does have a terrific shot though and roughly scores his share. Would have been ideal winger in the 1950's. I would take anything over 5 for him.

Probably give us a chance to give Petrasso a run this season, with Mackie or Hoilett as alternatives and see how good he is before we evaluate our options in the summer.
Matty Phillips next out the door on 11:29 - Jan 17 with 2312 viewsderbyhoop

Matty Phillips next out the door on 11:02 - Jan 17 by BrianMcCarthy

Petrasso and Mackie

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Matty Phillips next out the door on 11:49 - Jan 17 with 2259 viewsPlanetHonneywood

When we signed him, I thought we'd got a bargain!

Alas, he missed pre-season training because of a broken arm and when we did get him up and running, the Burnley left back kicked the crap out of him and ended his first season with us. Anyone coming back into the fold in the mire of Redknapp's making, was always going to struggle. But in the Prem, he showed he could play when bothered.

He's got ability by the bucket load, but as with so many players, its about the application. When he is on form and up for it, he can be an out and out match winner and then on the other hand, a passenger. We need something more consistent and I suspect, he needs a club that will have him fired up.

Yes, I would take a large sum for him but as with the sale of CA, we're going to find the following issues in my view. Firstly, many players are going to be put off coming to QPR as they will see us as a club at best, re-organising and at worst, on a down slide. The quality of players we are going to be fishing for will be thin and while it might not be the worst thing in the world, we're probably going to have look lower down the league and/or among the reserve sides of the bigger clubs for hungry talent. While this is a gamble, I bet its more likely to work then the last four years of only signing so called 'big names'.

But for me, its all well and good selling a player, but what's the plan after he goes? When we sold Sinton, we had Sinclair lined up and now we've sold CA and if MP is going, we'll see to what extent the monies coming in are for debt management and/or how professional and effective our scouting network is at finding good replacements and, given the finances, at cheaper prices.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Matty Phillips next out the door on 12:02 - Jan 17 with 2225 viewsLblock

Matty Phillips next out the door on 08:12 - Jan 17 by Ranger78

He's been a massive disappointment for me, it frustrates the life out of me watching him play.

Overall, I think that sort of money would be good business for him but I'd rather we focused on shifting Green, Sandro and Fer first.

I think at this level, he does have enough ability hidden in there somewhere that if he gets the right management and plays in the right position, there could be hope yet.

It wasn't long ago when Holiett had no hope but some how, JFH has turned him into something that resembles a professional footballer.

Who knows with Phillips? I think the other 3 are a bigger stain on the club and our finances right now and they have no desire to change it. Get them out first

Sorry mate, as you'll know I'm a natural sceptic and glass half empty type fella, but I think Junior WC's upturn in form could ( I stress COULD ) be linked to his rapidly running down contract
A touch of the Matty Rose's about that scenario

That aside I welcome him being more of the player we know he can be!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Matty Phillips next out the door on 12:03 - Jan 17 with 2222 viewskensalriser

Like it or not, one of our best players.

Expectations among QPR fans about the players we can attract still seem a little high.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Matty Phillips next out the door on 13:22 - Jan 17 with 2032 viewsterryb

I rather like the idea of a swap deal with Watford.

Providing it is Anya that comes our way. Just hope we wouldn't have to pay too much as the balance of the deal!
Matty Phillips next out the door on 13:30 - Jan 17 with 2005 viewsichbinnaughty

Petrasso is quick as the proverbial off a shovel.

Also do we still have that young Oirish lad Ryan Manning? He was touted as having a LOT of promise.
With nowt to really play for til next season (we are surely too good to be in relegation trouble), those two lads should share half a season of match experience.
Matty Phillips next out the door on 13:45 - Jan 17 with 1955 viewsRanger78

Matty Phillips next out the door on 12:02 - Jan 17 by Lblock

Sorry mate, as you'll know I'm a natural sceptic and glass half empty type fella, but I think Junior WC's upturn in form could ( I stress COULD ) be linked to his rapidly running down contract
A touch of the Matty Rose's about that scenario

That aside I welcome him being more of the player we know he can be!!!

To be fair, I think you're right about Hoilett.

I'm definitely not a fan of Phillips and think we should snap anyone's hand off for £5m but I'd rather focus on getting rid of Green, Sandro and Fer as the prority.

Surely at this level, there is a player hidden somewhere in Phillips
Matty Phillips next out the door on 17:44 - Jan 17 with 1731 viewsdaveB

Phillips is only 24 and done pretty for us in the last year, can do better but I think he'll go on to be a really good player.
Matty Phillips next out the door on 18:13 - Jan 17 with 1673 viewsJamie

Petrasso & Mackie should be sharing the role of replacing him.
Matty Phillips next out the door on 19:30 - Jan 17 with 1611 viewsLowerloftLad

How long is left on his contract

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024