Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill on BBC Website 11:51 - Jan 28 with 22001 viewsBobbyjoe

Hard to argue with, but doesn't exactly set the pulses racing!
Hill on BBC Website on 17:03 - Jan 28 with 3110 viewsWhiteyBFC

Hill on BBC Website on 16:46 - Jan 28 by Rosun

The kids v the dog penalty shoot out was enjoyable.

I was having a pint at the time. The only time I ever stayed in my seat for the half time 'entertainment' was back in 2009 when we had cheerleaders. About 12 lasses in their early 20's with next to nowt on, dancing etc. I miss them.
Hill on BBC Website on 17:12 - Jan 28 with 3093 viewsBobbyjoe

Hill on BBC Website on 16:38 - Jan 28 by WhiteyBFC

Were you not entertained at Oakwell last weekend?

Last time I went to Oakwell your star man was Eric Winstanley!
Hill on BBC Website on 17:41 - Jan 28 with 3027 viewsboromat

Hill on BBC Website on 15:14 - Jan 28 by Bobbyjoe

It's chicken and egg, though, isn't it. What may be a wholly admirable strategy for a small business (a plumbers' merchants, say), doesn't necessarily work for what is, essentially, a branch of the entertainment industry. The club appears to have abandoned any effort to widen its fanbase, in favour of desperately retaining its existing supporters. Whilst that seems, at first glance, not only prudent but, in fact, Hobson's choice, I'm not sure it has a long-term future, as said fanbase's average age increases on a yearly basis. Rochdale folk might be many things but they're not daft; they won't turn up as an act of charity!

Not sure I completely agree with you. The message isn't really that negative just a matter of fact. And isn't it better to set expectations lower to potential new fans in order to try and exceed them on match day in the hope they keep coming? Over sell us they turn up and see us lose 6 - 1 you'll never see them again haha.

Our selling point is we're a family friendly club. We're also having one of our most successful periods as a club but for reasons mentioned plenty of times we're never going to pull much more than we currently do.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Hill on BBC Website on 18:22 - Jan 28 with 2959 viewsstuartcryer

Hill on BBC Website on 12:47 - Jan 28 by fitzochris

I don't see a problem with this at all. It's nothing new and it's no secret.

Correct Kh just sums it up spot on , whilst we continue to get home support of 2500 this will always be the case I'm afraid .

wardle blue

Hill on BBC Website on 18:42 - Jan 28 with 2923 viewsShun

Hill on BBC Website on 17:41 - Jan 28 by boromat

Not sure I completely agree with you. The message isn't really that negative just a matter of fact. And isn't it better to set expectations lower to potential new fans in order to try and exceed them on match day in the hope they keep coming? Over sell us they turn up and see us lose 6 - 1 you'll never see them again haha.

Our selling point is we're a family friendly club. We're also having one of our most successful periods as a club but for reasons mentioned plenty of times we're never going to pull much more than we currently do.

If expectations are low, whether from a Hill interview or any other route, then we won't get any new fans.

Having said that, I don't see anything wrong with this particular interview.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2016 18:43]
Hill on BBC Website on 21:28 - Jan 28 with 2758 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on BBC Website on 17:12 - Jan 28 by Bobbyjoe

Last time I went to Oakwell your star man was Eric Winstanley!

Still not as good as Hammill.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hill on BBC Website on 22:36 - Jan 28 with 2683 viewsWhiteyBFC

Hill on BBC Website on 21:28 - Jan 28 by TVOS1907

Still not as good as Hammill.

Bit before my time was Eric, as a player at least. But as assistant to Danny Wilson in the 90's, he was a first class coach. Works for Tottenham these days.

Leeds have offered 300k for Winnall. We paid Scunny 250k for him. Hilarious.
Hill on BBC Website on 22:49 - Jan 28 with 2654 viewsBuryyyy

Reading articles like this makes me realise how lucky I am to support Bury, a club with a chairman who has ambition.
Login to get fewer ads

Hill on BBC Website on 22:56 - Jan 28 with 2641 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on BBC Website on 22:49 - Jan 28 by Buryyyy

Reading articles like this makes me realise how lucky I am to support Bury, a club with a chairman who has ambition.

Aye, Stef, but no money ... Unless he borrows some more.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2016 22:58]

Hill on BBC Website on 23:03 - Jan 28 with 2627 viewsBuryyyy

Hill on BBC Website on 22:56 - Jan 28 by TVOS1907

Aye, Stef, but no money ... Unless he borrows some more.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2016 22:58]

Our chairman has much more money than yours. And much more ambition, thank god

"Let's have a bottle of champagne to celebrate not getting relegated to L2 every single season" in the words of Paul Calf.. bag of shite!
Hill on BBC Website on 23:12 - Jan 28 with 2613 viewsnordenblue

Hill on BBC Website on 23:03 - Jan 28 by Buryyyy

"Let's have a bottle of champagne to celebrate not getting relegated to L2 every single season" in the words of Paul Calf.. bag of shite!

I know it's a tough one to answer but have a go,why would someone with so much apparent wealth need to borrow money then have to repay it at an extortionate interest rate?
Hill on BBC Website on 23:12 - Jan 28 with 2610 viewsTVOS1907

Have you access to their bank accounts? Ace.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2016 23:13]

Hill on BBC Website on 23:12 - Jan 28 with 2609 views442Dale

Please provide figures to back up your statement.

Like the last time.

If not, it might be best for the site administrators to consider your membership here as your arguments are without substance. I'm sure if you're confident in your posts you'll be able to provide the information required. Otherwise there's not much point in you logging in.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill on BBC Website on 23:12 - Jan 28 with 2606 viewsSuddenLad

Hill on BBC Website on 22:49 - Jan 28 by Buryyyy

It's time you sobered up.

Getting on for £ 2 million in debt or more ?

The recently repaid loans (as of 18. January. 2016) specified that the debts and interest had to be paid 12 months after the initial loan.

In October BFC took out two further loans from Charles Street Commercial, a certain Henry Moser in Manchester. (Check him out)

Perhaps they have repaid the loans and the HMRC by borrowing 'big' off Henry Moser. Who knows, but it was raised somehow.

These loans won't appear on the BFC accounts until the year end 31-05-2016 due 28-02-2017.

Perhaps another 13 months breathing space unless there are further winding up orders in the meantime.

Ironically NO repayments have been made to the PFA who allegedly paid the players wages during the summer of 2013 before the advent of Mr Day.

#buyingtime

#delaying the inevitable.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hill on BBC Website on 23:14 - Jan 28 with 2594 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on BBC Website on 23:12 - Jan 28 by nordenblue

I know it's a tough one to answer but have a go,why would someone with so much apparent wealth need to borrow money then have to repay it at an extortionate interest rate?

Don't ask him trick questions.

Hill on BBC Website on 23:23 - Jan 28 with 2330 viewsBuryyyy

So so bitter! I mean why wouldn't you be I suppose when your peak as a club is scraping survival as a poor L1 team.

I've seen things, and reached heights supporting Bury that Rochdale fans will never have the pleasure of witnessing. Beating Hull and getting into the 5th round could be another who knows.

We will have made over 500k from the FA Cup after Saturday.
Hill on BBC Website on 23:25 - Jan 28 with 2321 viewsSuddenLad

Hill on BBC Website on 23:23 - Jan 28 by Buryyyy

So so bitter! I mean why wouldn't you be I suppose when your peak as a club is scraping survival as a poor L1 team.

I've seen things, and reached heights supporting Bury that Rochdale fans will never have the pleasure of witnessing. Beating Hull and getting into the 5th round could be another who knows.

#deluded

#gullible

#jackanory

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hill on BBC Website on 23:27 - Jan 28 with 2314 viewsTVOS1907

So if you've seen all those highs as a bury fan, that makes you at least 20 years old. In other words, an adult. Wow, wow, wow.

We reached the fourth round two years running, so we know how the monies work. I think you need to re-do your sums.

Hill on BBC Website on 23:28 - Jan 28 with 2311 views442Dale

There was no bitterness in my post, just a simple request for information to back up your post.

Is that within your capabilities?

Hill on BBC Website on 23:33 - Jan 28 with 2296 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on BBC Website on 23:28 - Jan 28 by 442Dale

There was no bitterness in my post, just a simple request for information to back up your post.

Is that within your capabilities?

Another trick question.

Hill on BBC Website on 23:33 - Jan 28 with 2296 viewsBuryyyy

Please state what is deluded or gullible in my above post?

The difference between Bury and Dale summed up in 25 seconds.. This is where ambition gets you

Hill on BBC Website on 23:34 - Jan 28 with 2288 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on BBC Website on 23:33 - Jan 28 by Buryyyy

The difference between Bury and Dale summed up in 25 seconds.. This is where ambition gets you

Ah yes, another era built on dodgy finance. Wasn't that just before the buckets came out?

Hill on BBC Website on 23:37 - Jan 28 with 2278 viewsBuryyyy

Well 3 years before the SOS campaign but it's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.

What were Rochdale doing on the same day in 1998 may I ask?

And it says it all that despite our financial past we are still a bigger and better club than Dale, and always will be, as we have been for the last 130 years!
[Post edited 28 Jan 2016 23:38]
Hill on BBC Website on 23:38 - Jan 28 with 2271 views442Dale

Hill on BBC Website on 23:33 - Jan 28 by Buryyyy

Please could you provide the requested information to back up your original opinion.

This would ensure that further contributions are taken more seriously. Should of course you choose to/be allowed to login after recent failures to do so.

Take the opportunity, I'm only trying to help.

Hill on BBC Website on 23:39 - Jan 28 with 2264 viewslabourer

Hill on BBC Website on 23:37 - Jan 28 by Buryyyy

Well 3 years before the SOS campaign but it's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.

What were Rochdale doing on the same day in 1998 may I ask?

And it says it all that despite our financial past we are still a bigger and better club than Dale, and always will be, as we have been for the last 130 years!
[Post edited 28 Jan 2016 23:38]

Any jobs going mate?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024