Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keiran Gibbs? 12:04 - Jan 31 with 6876 viewsSwansea93

Considering leaving Arsenal, we're reported to be interested to several papers today, would you like him here?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Keiran Gibbs? on 12:10 - Jan 31 with 5235 viewsjojaca

Hard one, prefer Taylor defensively and Gibbs is stronger attacking.

Even when you know, you never know?

Keiran Gibbs? on 12:13 - Jan 31 with 5215 viewsSwansea93

Think it'd be good competition but don't think he'd come here unless he's guaranteed a starting place.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Keiran Gibbs? on 12:13 - Jan 31 with 5211 viewsmonmouth

Could he play on the right? Or Tayls for that matter. From what I've seen, which aint much to be fair, I think he'd suit us quite well.

I'd have thought he's out of our wage league though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Keiran Gibbs? on 12:17 - Jan 31 with 5183 viewsSwan91

I definitely would, think it could be an improvement with the attacking side of a full back
Keiran Gibbs? on 12:25 - Jan 31 with 5149 viewsHip

i see his wages being a problem.
Keiran Gibbs? on 12:32 - Jan 31 with 5099 viewsAussieSwan

not sure what his wages would cost but he'd be a great get. He's an upgrade over Taylor in my eyes.

Debuchy is also available on loan - probably going to Villa

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Keiran Gibbs? on 12:45 - Jan 31 with 5046 viewsEasternJack

Despite Taylor being solid this season - and starting to show that he's learning to be more effective going forward, Gibbs would be an upgrade.

Any idea on what he's earning? Also is either of them comfortable on the right? - that's our weak area. Love Rangel, not at all convinced with Naughton

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Keiran Gibbs? on 12:48 - Jan 31 with 5024 viewshobo

Keiran Gibbs? on 12:32 - Jan 31 by AussieSwan

not sure what his wages would cost but he'd be a great get. He's an upgrade over Taylor in my eyes.

Debuchy is also available on loan - probably going to Villa

Gibbs would be on around 40k a week. Debuchy is a decent player too
Login to get fewer ads

Keiran Gibbs? on 12:52 - Jan 31 with 4990 viewsAussieSwan

Keiran Gibbs? on 12:48 - Jan 31 by hobo

what would Taylor be on, by comparison?

I haven't got much knowledge of wage structures etc... Is 40k a week reasonable or over-the-top?

Kieran Gibbs? on 12:57 - Jan 31 with 4954 viewsEasternJack

He'd fit right in with us...

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Keiran Gibbs? on 13:03 - Jan 31 with 4904 viewshobo

Keiran Gibbs? on 12:52 - Jan 31 by AussieSwan

what would Taylor be on, by comparison?

I haven't got much knowledge of wage structures etc... Is 40k a week reasonable or over-the-top?

Tayls would be on around 30k. If we could offer Gibbs 30k-35k with assurances that he'd get more game time than he's getting at Arsenal then I think that may be enough to tempt him
Keiran Gibbs? on 13:15 - Jan 31 with 4841 viewsThurrockJack92

Keiran Gibbs? on 13:03 - Jan 31 by hobo

Tayls would be on around 30k. If we could offer Gibbs 30k-35k with assurances that he'd get more game time than he's getting at Arsenal then I think that may be enough to tempt him

Can't see Taylor staying under those terms though. So we'd have to sign another left back or put our faith in kingsley as the back up, which I wouldn't mind personally.
Keiran Gibbs? on 13:25 - Jan 31 with 4790 viewsAussieSwan

Keiran Gibbs? on 13:15 - Jan 31 by ThurrockJack92

Can't see Taylor staying under those terms though. So we'd have to sign another left back or put our faith in kingsley as the back up, which I wouldn't mind personally.

Even after he returned from injury, Taylor spent a lot of time on the bench behind Ben Davies before Spurs came along, didn't he?

Keiran Gibbs? on 13:34 - Jan 31 with 4739 viewsThurrockJack92

Keiran Gibbs? on 13:25 - Jan 31 by AussieSwan

Even after he returned from injury, Taylor spent a lot of time on the bench behind Ben Davies before Spurs came along, didn't he?

You are right he did. It would be worth noting though that he was younger and probably confident he would regain his spot in his prime, as he did. Tayls is going to get much better at this point I don't think and if we gave any left back coming in assurances that they would be number 1 I could see why he would leave.
Keiran Gibbs? on 13:37 - Jan 31 with 4713 viewshobo

Keiran Gibbs? on 13:34 - Jan 31 by ThurrockJack92

You are right he did. It would be worth noting though that he was younger and probably confident he would regain his spot in his prime, as he did. Tayls is going to get much better at this point I don't think and if we gave any left back coming in assurances that they would be number 1 I could see why he would leave.

I don't think anyone should have assurances that they're number 1 - that breeds complacency. If Gibbs has any confidence in his ability then he'd surely believe that he'd make the shirt his own
Keiran Gibbs? on 13:45 - Jan 31 with 4667 viewsThurrockJack92

Keiran Gibbs? on 13:37 - Jan 31 by hobo

I don't think anyone should have assurances that they're number 1 - that breeds complacency. If Gibbs has any confidence in his ability then he'd surely believe that he'd make the shirt his own

Sure, but should Gibbs be so good that he was nailed on to start do you think Taylor would stick around long? My point is that I don't that we as a club could keep two quality left backs happy.
Keiran Gibbs? on 13:56 - Jan 31 with 4627 viewsblaine_scfc

Would be a cracking signing, would also say this could be a realistic possibility.
Keiran Gibbs? on 14:03 - Jan 31 with 4595 viewsjack247

Keiran Gibbs? on 12:13 - Jan 31 by monmouth

Could he play on the right? Or Tayls for that matter. From what I've seen, which aint much to be fair, I think he'd suit us quite well.

I'd have thought he's out of our wage league though.

That's probably true. If he is available I'd expect clubs with bigger budgets than us to want him. If it's a loan move, he may well prioritise guaranteed game time over wages with the Euros coming up.
Keiran Gibbs? on 14:03 - Jan 31 with 4588 viewspremierjack

Gibbs would be a big upgrade of Taylor, I think there would be a lot of teams looking to sign him and he would end up at somewhere like West Ham or Southampton
Keiran Gibbs? on 14:07 - Jan 31 with 4559 viewsTheKirkyLife

As much as I would love Gibbs to come here I think the fact he is still used as a sub semi-regularly means his wages would be a much bigger stumbling block than say, Debuchy.
Keiran Gibbs? on 14:40 - Jan 31 with 4475 viewswaynekerr55

Keiran Gibbs? on 12:48 - Jan 31 by hobo

And the rest

Almunia was on c60k a week when he was there

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Keiran Gibbs? on 14:43 - Jan 31 with 4460 viewsDr_Winston

Keiran Gibbs? on 14:40 - Jan 31 by waynekerr55

And the rest

Almunia was on c60k a week when he was there

Wenger was big on salary equality.

That's why they ended up with lots of players earning way more than equivalents were earning at other clubs and star players f*cking off for the better salaries paid elsewhere.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Keiran Gibbs? on 14:52 - Jan 31 with 4419 viewsThornburyswan

Keiran Gibbs? on 12:17 - Jan 31 by Swan91

I definitely would, think it could be an improvement with the attacking side of a full back

This. If the gaffer is planning a 3 CB plus 2 WB system Gibbs would be ideal.
Keiran Gibbs? on 14:53 - Jan 31 with 4405 viewsdobjack2

Keiran Gibbs? on 14:43 - Jan 31 by Dr_Winston

Wenger was big on salary equality.

That's why they ended up with lots of players earning way more than equivalents were earning at other clubs and star players f*cking off for the better salaries paid elsewhere.

And the squad players hanging around because they won't get the same wages elsewhere
Keiran Gibbs? on 19:06 - Jan 31 with 4197 viewsJango

Keiran Gibbs? on 13:03 - Jan 31 by hobo

I very much doubt Taylor is on £30k a week. I think people get carried away with wages. Ayew and Gomis are on big wages due to the sign on fee included. Bare in mind that dele Alli has just signed a new deal on £25k a week and paloschi is apparently on £17k a week. Taylor won't be on more than £15k-£20k tops in my opinion
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024