Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McCullum....Great timing!! 07:29 - Feb 20 with 1926 viewsTalkingSutty

Fastest ever test century (54 balls) in his final Test Match. What a time to break the record, against quality opposition also A fantastic achievement.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2016 7:32]
McCullum....Great timing!! on 08:28 - Feb 20 with 1877 viewsColDale

Great knock, and a great career. Test cricket will be worse off for his absence and the way he led his NZ side has been hugely influential on the way England now play. Hope he enjoys the big paydays now - well deserved.
McCullum....Great timing!! on 08:42 - Feb 20 with 1861 viewsTalkingSutty

McCullum....Great timing!! on 08:28 - Feb 20 by ColDale

Great knock, and a great career. Test cricket will be worse off for his absence and the way he led his NZ side has been hugely influential on the way England now play. Hope he enjoys the big paydays now - well deserved.

Boycott would have still found fault with the innings.Not a big fan of the one day stuff but the new breed of cricketer and their attitude to how the game should be played seems to be filtering down to Test Match Cricket.

The Australians need to take some credit,i think they were the first team to make scoring 400 in a day not unusual. I dont like the game being tinkered with but with the increased scoring rates it could be right to change to 4 day test matches. It will keep the captains on their toes and Cook will have to get a bit braver when it comes to imaginative declarations.
McCullum....Great timing!! on 12:49 - Feb 20 with 1725 viewsD_Alien

McCullum....Great timing!! on 08:42 - Feb 20 by TalkingSutty

Boycott would have still found fault with the innings.Not a big fan of the one day stuff but the new breed of cricketer and their attitude to how the game should be played seems to be filtering down to Test Match Cricket.

The Australians need to take some credit,i think they were the first team to make scoring 400 in a day not unusual. I dont like the game being tinkered with but with the increased scoring rates it could be right to change to 4 day test matches. It will keep the captains on their toes and Cook will have to get a bit braver when it comes to imaginative declarations.

It would still be a retrograde step to move from the 5-day format, which would simply be messing about for the sake of it rather than changing to improve the experience for players or fans.

The recent series against South Africa demonstrates how much the fifth day is needed, and that despite some fabulously heroic batting and decent declarations, including one from Cook which nearly resulted in us losing the test! Without that fifth day, nearly every test would've just anti-climaxed in a premature finish.

The Aussies did start the ball rolling with their 300+ a day minimum target but that was when they were batting first in an attempt to set the agenda. What McCullum did was different. He'd come in (like yesterday) in a tight situation and transform the whole game with not just his positive batsmanship but barely credible skill and timing on surfaces favouring the bowlers.

He's earned his place in history and there's no going back now to the negative, turgid stuff. There will always be quieter periods of batsmanship (I think what Daley Lama refers to as "traditional") when required, but the emphasis is now on positivity whenever possible - the basic point I was making during the Ashes series in debate with Daley Lama.

[Post edited 20 Feb 2016 12:55]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

McCullum....Great timing!! on 18:33 - Feb 20 with 1616 viewsdownunder

I thought of posting about this as "it was happening", but did not think anyone would be interested. Did not get a ticket, but my boss went, so will get a report on "being there' on Monday.
Really hope he can back it up with a good score and result over the next 4 days. He would deserve that. B Mc, Richie and Dan, all South Island legends that will take some replacing following their retirements..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024