Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play-offs 08:35 - Feb 24 with 8175 viewsLuke8686

A little premature maybe but if we win 8, draw 4 and lose 2 of our remaining games it would put us on 70 pts and surely in with a shout of a play-off spot.

Not out of all realms of possibility and it's about time we put a bit of a run together, particularly now Hilly has settled on a competent back four and we have the legend back!
Play-offs on 15:31 - Feb 24 with 2473 viewsroccydaleian

Play-offs on 15:10 - Feb 24 by 1mark1

I was agreeing with the general point made about not likely to be play off contenders, etc. There is plenty of antedotel evidence from those who witnessed the win, to suggest we might easily have not won the match, if I HAD actually passed judgement on the performance, which I didn't, or indeed haven't!

. People who haven't attended a match can get plenty of information regarding how a match has gone, so can pass some judgement if they so wish! However more often than not I will say "good win" or "bad loss" rather than saying it was a good or bad performance. I have not passed any judgement on last night's performance.

And how would YOU know if an individual poster had been there or not? Have you got trackers on all of us who often don't agree with you? 😀
[Post edited 24 Feb 2016 15:19]

Not bothered if people agree with me or not, it's a forum and all about differing opinions. Just get fed up of people constantly being negative after some decent results.That's my opinion is that ok for YOU?
Play-offs on 15:36 - Feb 24 with 2443 viewsdingdangblue

Play-offs on 15:31 - Feb 24 by roccydaleian

Not bothered if people agree with me or not, it's a forum and all about differing opinions. Just get fed up of people constantly being negative after some decent results.That's my opinion is that ok for YOU?

Yes, and who cares if we did/didn't deserve to win or not. We won 1-0, it was a massive goal, a massive clean sheet and a huge 3 points. Performances can come later - we could play superb v Sheffield United this Saturday and lose. Thats football for you.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Play-offs on 16:42 - Feb 24 with 2371 viewsisitme

Having attended every home game and most away games this season I do not think that we are consistent enough to be challenging for the play offs. We are making too many defensive errors to be higher up the table. If and when safety is assured Hilly should be planning for next season. We have lots of players out of contract in the summer. He needs to decide who he wants to keep and then give some of the younger players game time. If we are lucky enough to have a few meaningless games left at the end of the season it would make sense for the likes of Hooper to get more experience.

Hopefully with some shape shifting in the summer we can be challenging for the play offs next season.
Play-offs on 16:46 - Feb 24 with 2359 viewsTalkingSutty

Play-offs on 12:49 - Feb 24 by dingdangblue

Yes 50 points went down last season but it is rare. Our goal diff at this moment is the best down in the bottom half also which is a bonus.
After 32 games we have 42 points - no one has been relegated with that many points at that stage. Last 10 seasons the final relegation placed team (21st) at this stage had:
14/15 Notts Co 32 games 38 points
13/14 Tranmere 35 points
12/13 Scunthorpe 35 points
11/12 Wycombe 26 points
10/11 Dagenham 35 points
09/10 Gillingham 33 points
08/09 Northampton 37 points
07/08 Bournemouth 22 points
06/07 Chesterfield 38 points
05/06 Hartlepool 37 points

Last nights win was massive.

It is rare. 55 points is too many, we won't need that. Anything over fifty should be enough, we are in the final straight now and like you said,last night was massive. Our most important win of the season and one which should now free up the players a bit and maybe allow Hilly to play a more expansive game, especially at home.

It's been a really tough season for the manager, one that's probably mentally drained him a bit. A season of inconsistency and probably a lot of frustration but at the end I think it will make him a better manager. I hope we achieve the safety target with games to spare, that will give him time to clear his mind and focus in a bit earlier on the make up of the squad for next season, he needs to be ruthless and make room for some fresh faces, re-energise the squad.

He's certainly earned his corn over the last week or so, brought in some new faces and picked up five points in pressurised games. You wouldn't swap him for anybody else would you?
Play-offs on 17:11 - Feb 24 with 2329 viewsColDale

I reckon to reach the play offs we'd need 72 points minimum, which would need a better points per game ratio than any team in the division has managed so far this season. Never going to happen.

On a slightly different front, I did notice we've already got four more points than we did in the last time we had a second Lge 1 season with fourteen games to spare.
Play-offs on 17:17 - Feb 24 with 2314 viewsTalkingSutty

Play-offs on 17:11 - Feb 24 by ColDale

I reckon to reach the play offs we'd need 72 points minimum, which would need a better points per game ratio than any team in the division has managed so far this season. Never going to happen.

On a slightly different front, I did notice we've already got four more points than we did in the last time we had a second Lge 1 season with fourteen games to spare.

There was no continuity though going into that season, our manager at the time *ucked off in the close season and took his back room staff with him. You can't compare the two really.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2016 17:18]
Play-offs on 18:05 - Feb 24 with 2256 viewsFrog

Love your positivity but we haven't won 2 games in a row since Adam was a lad.
Play-offs on 18:17 - Feb 24 with 2233 viewsColDale

Play-offs on 17:17 - Feb 24 by TalkingSutty

There was no continuity though going into that season, our manager at the time *ucked off in the close season and took his back room staff with him. You can't compare the two really.

Only comparison was to show just how horrendous that season was.
Login to get fewer ads

Play-offs on 18:22 - Feb 24 with 2216 views1mark1

Play-offs on 15:31 - Feb 24 by roccydaleian

I was wondering how you knew ( or more accurately think) certain people were not at the game, I am very happy to have a different opinion to you.

Wondering how is it negative to say we won't end up,in play offs, or even if someone doesn't think we deserved to win a game or not, after all people have different , sometimes more realistic views. People have the right to express their views on a performance they have seen , or even one they have just read or heard about.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Play-offs on 18:27 - Feb 24 with 2201 views1mark1

Play-offs on 15:36 - Feb 24 by dingdangblue

Yes, and who cares if we did/didn't deserve to win or not. We won 1-0, it was a massive goal, a massive clean sheet and a huge 3 points. Performances can come later - we could play superb v Sheffield United this Saturday and lose. Thats football for you.

I agree, it's results that matter. If we win its a good result, if we lose its a bad result. A draw can be either depending on the circumstances.

Last night was a massively needed and therefore welcome three points.👍

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Play-offs on 18:56 - Feb 24 with 2146 viewsaleanddale

Play-offs on 17:11 - Feb 24 by ColDale

Wow wow wow

14 games to spare..

Think we can get 18 more points now and finish 12th... There or thereabouts. (60 points)

Massive win... Thank you Hilly and the players!!
[Post edited 24 Feb 2016 18:56]
Play-offs on 19:08 - Feb 24 with 2117 viewsTalkingSutty

Play-offs on 18:17 - Feb 24 by ColDale

Only comparison was to show just how horrendous that season was.

It was an horrendous season but the scenario for any new manager following the departure of Hill was very similar to the manager having to following Alex Ferguson at Man United, obviously on a smaller scale. A very hard act to follow for any manager.

This season has seen continuity so stability in the second season should be easier, having said that Hilly will be probably working on a far smaller budget than afforded to Eyre and Coleman.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2016 19:12]
Play-offs on 22:50 - Feb 24 with 1979 viewsJimmyRustler

Play-offs on 13:43 - Feb 24 by nordenblue

You can't say we only defended OK when also saying they had so many chances to score,surely some of them non converted chances are down to GOOD defending?

Dress it up how you like and I've been a big critic about tactics,personel etc but last night the team selected if not my first choice was absolutely spot on and played on the front foot when allowed to and FULLY deserved to win.

Both my least favourite players Josh and Bunney fully justified their inclusion I hate to admit

Their missed chances were down to inept finishing.

No matter how well you defend, there are always going to be chances. The better you defend, the less chances you will present the opponent with (and usually a lower quality of chance too).

If we'd have missed those sorts of chances and not got something from the game we'd be extremely disappointed.
Play-offs on 04:29 - Feb 25 with 1899 viewsnordenblue

Play-offs on 22:50 - Feb 24 by JimmyRustler

Their missed chances were down to inept finishing.

No matter how well you defend, there are always going to be chances. The better you defend, the less chances you will present the opponent with (and usually a lower quality of chance too).

If we'd have missed those sorts of chances and not got something from the game we'd be extremely disappointed.

Using the same logic if you miss so many chances due to inept finishing you don't deserve anything from the game then?
Play-offs on 12:34 - Feb 29 with 1690 viewsdingdangblue

Play-offs on 18:05 - Feb 24 by Frog

Love your positivity but we haven't won 2 games in a row since Adam was a lad.

We have now!

#greattiming

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Play-offs on 12:36 - Feb 29 with 1485 viewsFrog

Play-offs on 12:34 - Feb 29 by dingdangblue

We have now!

#greattiming

I knew that would work!
Play-offs on 17:37 - Feb 29 with 1313 viewspioneer

Play-offs on 17:17 - Feb 24 by TalkingSutty

what a barsteward! I wonder what happened to him?
Play-offs on 20:42 - Feb 29 with 1222 viewsTalkingSutty

Play-offs on 17:37 - Feb 29 by pioneer

what a barsteward! I wonder what happened to him?

He got sacked and we took him back

He came back a better manager i reckon.
[Post edited 29 Feb 2016 20:44]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024