Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Give Siggy a new deal 23:19 - Mar 12 with 2597 viewsnyc_swans

i think this is #1 priority of the summer. he will have 2 years left on his contract, but he should be made the highest earner on the team. absolutely priceless player. the team should be built around him.

agreed?
N/A. on 23:32 - Mar 12 with 2566 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2018 1:17]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Give Siggy a new deal on 00:09 - Mar 13 with 2509 viewsHugeEnkins

N/A. on 23:32 - Mar 12 by Huw57

N/A.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2018 1:17]

Amen to that, brother. Build a team around him. Get a striker a la Bony who can hold the ball up and bring him in to play. Lethal he can be. What a player.
Give Siggy a new deal on 00:31 - Mar 13 with 2481 viewsnyc_swans

Give Siggy a new deal on 00:09 - Mar 13 by HugeEnkins

Amen to that, brother. Build a team around him. Get a striker a la Bony who can hold the ball up and bring him in to play. Lethal he can be. What a player.

exactly. buy the kinds of players who will thrive off of siggy's service. he was great last year with bony and is coming on real strong now, but i think his most effective season was 2012. IF rodgers is coming back, as some claim, i'm confident Gylfi can take an even bigger step up next season. i think rodgers got the most out of him.
Give Siggy a new deal on 00:35 - Mar 13 with 2472 viewsjruss1

Think it helps him when he knows he's the primary focus of our creativity.

Monk changed focus this season and gave that role to Shelvey.

No co-incidence since he's gone Gylfi is back to his best. Also helps not playing a diamond.
Give Siggy a new deal on 01:12 - Mar 13 with 2448 viewstherealme

Give Siggy a new deal on 00:35 - Mar 13 by jruss1

Think it helps him when he knows he's the primary focus of our creativity.

Monk changed focus this season and gave that role to Shelvey.

No co-incidence since he's gone Gylfi is back to his best. Also helps not playing a diamond.

No diamond and no wide man drifting inside cutting off any space that he has to worry about. The width of the penalty box, 18 to 25-30 yards out is Siggy's zone, do not enter and watch him fly

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

Give Siggy a new deal on 05:54 - Mar 13 with 2388 viewsSwansNZ

Fantastic player, easily our best player

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Give Siggy a new deal on 07:55 - Mar 13 with 2334 viewsblaine_scfc

Personally think Siggy will be looking for a way out in the summer. Levels above what we are at the moment. Wouldn't surprise me if someone like Leicester come sniffing, and with them in the Champions League it would be tempting for him.

Will be interesting to see how he does in the Euros too.
Give Siggy a new deal on 08:25 - Mar 13 with 2298 viewsSwansea93

Brilliant player gives 110% every time, if Williams ever left he'd be my choice for captain.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Login to get fewer ads

Give Siggy a new deal on 10:15 - Mar 13 with 2189 viewsDewi1jack

Give Siggy a new deal on 07:55 - Mar 13 by blaine_scfc

Personally think Siggy will be looking for a way out in the summer. Levels above what we are at the moment. Wouldn't surprise me if someone like Leicester come sniffing, and with them in the Champions League it would be tempting for him.

Not so sure on this.
Sig is a very intelligent person.
He moved once and was played out of position in a system that didn't really suit him. Split the Spurs fans on him either being v. good or v. poor, certainly wasn't happy hence jumping at the opportunity to move away. Small fish in a big pond.
Here is the opposite.
We all love him. Huge fish in a little pond and still a very good player
If we can go back to what we do best (pass the skin off the ball, fast counter attacking football etc) we can play a system that will suit him, make him look better than he actually is.
It really is sad to see how far we've actually dropped in terms of playing the game.
I was far too disappointed driving home from Ballmuff yesterday. We couldn't defend a sherbet dib dab against a 5 year old.
We need someone like PS back to teach us to defend. Yes football was boring under him, but gave Brenda a cracking platform to work with. The rest as they say, is history.
So yes.
New deal without a shadow.
Make him the lynch pin of the new team that we have to build in the summer. Bring in players that can play the system that makes us successful. Keep the best of what we have as squad/ 1 st team players, unload the rest.
The board by their appointments and not changing the management team soon enough have royally fugged up.
They need to make sure whatever manager is taking us forward, is in place by the end of May. They also need to open up the purse strings, there will be good players available for small end fees or even on free transfers, no need to spend £8+ million on every player.
Good striker is going to cost enough. So are defenders
Still can't see how Fede is £6 million more than Chico though.
Has to be a busy summer window and we want the new players in for pre season, so they can settle and learn about their team mates.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Give Siggy a new deal on 10:27 - Mar 13 with 2171 viewsPrivate_Partz

Give Siggy a new deal on 10:15 - Mar 13 by Dewi1jack

Not so sure on this.
Sig is a very intelligent person.
He moved once and was played out of position in a system that didn't really suit him. Split the Spurs fans on him either being v. good or v. poor, certainly wasn't happy hence jumping at the opportunity to move away. Small fish in a big pond.
Here is the opposite.
We all love him. Huge fish in a little pond and still a very good player
If we can go back to what we do best (pass the skin off the ball, fast counter attacking football etc) we can play a system that will suit him, make him look better than he actually is.
It really is sad to see how far we've actually dropped in terms of playing the game.
I was far too disappointed driving home from Ballmuff yesterday. We couldn't defend a sherbet dib dab against a 5 year old.
We need someone like PS back to teach us to defend. Yes football was boring under him, but gave Brenda a cracking platform to work with. The rest as they say, is history.
So yes.
New deal without a shadow.
Make him the lynch pin of the new team that we have to build in the summer. Bring in players that can play the system that makes us successful. Keep the best of what we have as squad/ 1 st team players, unload the rest.
The board by their appointments and not changing the management team soon enough have royally fugged up.
They need to make sure whatever manager is taking us forward, is in place by the end of May. They also need to open up the purse strings, there will be good players available for small end fees or even on free transfers, no need to spend £8+ million on every player.
Good striker is going to cost enough. So are defenders
Still can't see how Fede is £6 million more than Chico though.
Has to be a busy summer window and we want the new players in for pre season, so they can settle and learn about their team mates.

Yes, some very good points. I tend to think that we did not sign poor players but those that did not suit are style of play or were a duplication of what we already had, hence they got in each other's way. John Jo and Siggy for example. Matters were made worse by the refusal to squad rotate.
This could all be down to Garry's inexperience, or meddling by the Board, or a combination of both.
As things stand I don't think major surgery is needed. We just need to move on from players who don't offer anything different to the squad and bring in those that do. I suspect 2 or 3 player movements will do the trick.
I agree that whoever is in charge must be in control of this as they wil be responsible for our style of play.
Personally I hope it works out for FG as I am sure he will be in a better position than anyone to make a judgement on this come the end if the season.
Of course all bets are off if we go down.....
[Post edited 13 Mar 2016 10:28]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Give Siggy a new deal on 10:38 - Mar 13 with 2148 viewsDewi1jack

Give Siggy a new deal on 10:27 - Mar 13 by Private_Partz

Yes, some very good points. I tend to think that we did not sign poor players but those that did not suit are style of play or were a duplication of what we already had, hence they got in each other's way. John Jo and Siggy for example. Matters were made worse by the refusal to squad rotate.
This could all be down to Garry's inexperience, or meddling by the Board, or a combination of both.
As things stand I don't think major surgery is needed. We just need to move on from players who don't offer anything different to the squad and bring in those that do. I suspect 2 or 3 player movements will do the trick.
I agree that whoever is in charge must be in control of this as they wil be responsible for our style of play.
Personally I hope it works out for FG as I am sure he will be in a better position than anyone to make a judgement on this come the end if the season.
Of course all bets are off if we go down.....
[Post edited 13 Mar 2016 10:28]

We need defenders, a front line striker and wingers.
We don't need to spend that much.
What we do need to do though, is ensure we get good players who can do what they're being paid to do and ones who are prepared to work hard.
I don't care if they want to use us as a stepping stone, means they'll show more commitment and effort as they want to show their next employers how good they are.
Don't need (and can't carry) the Shelvey attitude type in any shape or form

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Give Siggy a new deal on 10:39 - Mar 13 with 2148 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A new contract and pay rise for Barrow would also be a good move.
Give Siggy a new deal on 10:45 - Mar 13 with 2141 viewsjack247

Give Siggy a new deal on 07:55 - Mar 13 by blaine_scfc

I don't think he will. Ayew may well want out and I can see us building our attack, if not our team around Siggy. He is the sort of player that thrives on being the main man.

I know you said someone like Leicester not them necessarily, but they play a very specific way which relies on their attackers being very pacy. I can't see him being a first team regular at any of the other teams likely to finish in the top 4.
Give Siggy a new deal on 11:14 - Mar 13 with 2112 viewsLoyal

Gylfi has already left and come back, he is established here, and here I am certain he will remain.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Give Siggy a new deal on 11:24 - Mar 13 with 2095 viewsjack247

Give Siggy a new deal on 10:39 - Mar 13 by A_Fans_Dad

A new contract and pay rise for Barrow would also be a good move.

Agree.

Barrow is the winger with the most potential. I like Routledge, but he has probably got as good as he is going to. Montero has the raw tools, but is way behind in his reading of the game, link play and tactical awareness. Although Barrow isn't as good one on one as Montero and his all round play isn't up to Routledges level yet, he is starting to compete with each one of thems respective strengths.
Give Siggy a new deal on 11:37 - Mar 13 with 2081 viewsDr_Winston

Give Siggy a new deal on 11:24 - Mar 13 by jack247

Agree.

Barrow is the winger with the most potential. I like Routledge, but he has probably got as good as he is going to. Montero has the raw tools, but is way behind in his reading of the game, link play and tactical awareness. Although Barrow isn't as good one on one as Montero and his all round play isn't up to Routledges level yet, he is starting to compete with each one of thems respective strengths.

Routledge got as good as he is going to about two years ago.

He's been an absolute bargain and a massive contributor during our time in the PL, but choosing two from Ayew, Routs and Barrow on this season's form is no choice at all. Barrow has to start, and Ayew's got more goals and assists than all our other wide players combined.

I get what you say about Routs providing more cover for the back line, but players getting selected in what should be attacking roles for what they bring defensively is perhaps one of the reasons we've found goals so hard to come by this season.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Give Siggy a new deal on 11:43 - Mar 13 with 2067 viewsjack247

Give Siggy a new deal on 11:37 - Mar 13 by Dr_Winston

Routledge got as good as he is going to about two years ago.

He's been an absolute bargain and a massive contributor during our time in the PL, but choosing two from Ayew, Routs and Barrow on this season's form is no choice at all. Barrow has to start, and Ayew's got more goals and assists than all our other wide players combined.

I get what you say about Routs providing more cover for the back line, but players getting selected in what should be attacking roles for what they bring defensively is perhaps one of the reasons we've found goals so hard to come by this season.

It is, without a doubt. See yesterday for a perfect example of what happens when we go for a more attacking lineup. Not really complaining, because the fifth goal could have gone either way. I think we are more likely to be adventurous when we aren't in a relegation scrap.

Pretty much immaterial, I think there will be a big squad overhaul this summer which is likely to include Ayew. Unless we invest in some new wingers, I'd imagine Barrow and Routledge will be first choice next year.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024