Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LBC 20:19 - Mar 22 with 16007 viewsBlackCrowe

Hopeless on sport, but a very easy listen on matters of the day. top presenters of varying political persuasions. Anyone listen?

1. Ian Dale
2. Nick Ferrari
3. Ken Livingstone/David Mellor

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

LBC on 09:44 - Mar 23 with 3915 viewsMick_S

The absolute daddy of them all - ever.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

LBC on 09:45 - Mar 23 with 3913 viewsDiscodroids

LBC on 09:23 - Mar 23 by Mytch_QPR

I don't get the chance to listen to it much these days. Sadly, we don't get to hear these calls any more...

clive bull, sven and his fish.Not forgetting Rainbow George , cooks Neighbor

brilliant days and comedy gold. good find mytch.

sure i remember Dominic Allen, Jeff stelling and theo Foley on LBC. Steve jones?
[Post edited 23 Mar 2016 9:48]

'From Little Acorns, Harold..'

LBC on 09:46 - Mar 23 with 3908 viewsrobith

Slightly bemused by people calling O'Brien a smug tw@ yet praising Nick Ferrari ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Tbh can't stand the station. If I wanted to hear boorish opinions shouted over the top of one another by people I can't stand I'd go home for Christmas
LBC on 09:47 - Mar 23 with 3905 viewsDiscodroids

LBC on 09:44 - Mar 23 by Mick_S

yep.

LBC on 09:47 - Mar 23 with 3898 viewsenfieldargh

Robert Elmes for me.

Talks about London, Londoners plays great music, interesting guests and of course mentions qpr most days.

It's a bit a day time tv mag on the radio for the 40s plus.

If your not into politics but like to know what's going on, has gone on in London then it's a great easy listen.

Joanne Goodes voice gives me the horn but can't stand Eddie nester

Stopped listening to lbc a while ago when they shuffled the programmes round and Ian Collins Steve Allen slots good changed

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

LBC on 09:56 - Mar 23 with 3876 viewsfrancisbowles

LBC on 09:47 - Mar 23 by enfieldargh

Robert Elmes for me.

Talks about London, Londoners plays great music, interesting guests and of course mentions qpr most days.

It's a bit a day time tv mag on the radio for the 40s plus.

If your not into politics but like to know what's going on, has gone on in London then it's a great easy listen.

Joanne Goodes voice gives me the horn but can't stand Eddie nester

Stopped listening to lbc a while ago when they shuffled the programmes round and Ian Collins Steve Allen slots good changed

Yep I'd agree with most of that but I can't quite forgive Joanne Goode for replacing the great Danny Baker, who had me in stitches most days and played great music as well.
LBC on 10:02 - Mar 23 with 3873 viewsHendonHoop

Haha, I agree about Jo Goodes voice. She seems very nice indeed. The MP Emily Thornberry's voice sends my imagination into overdrive. She makes a Political argument on TV and Radio sound very steamy indeed.
LBC on 10:10 - Mar 23 with 3849 viewsBoston

LBC on 08:52 - Mar 23 by Monahoop

I used to listen to LBC years ago when I was living near London and also around its inception in the mid 70's. I believe it was one of the first independent radio stations. I used to listen on Sunday nights to a gruff Jewish presenter called Monty Maudlin [ or something like that], who was a bit old fashioned but a bit of a cult figure at the time. I also liked Brian Hayes and his caustic ways of dealing with idiot callers, a presenter ahead of his time. It's good to know Steve Allen is still presenting. Living in Ireland now, I can still pick it up on one of my digital radios. Must have a proper listen in sometime.

Brian Hayes = the argumentative Aussie. He was hilarious. His put downs were absolutely top rate. Where is he now, gone to the big radio station in the sky?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

LBC on 10:18 - Mar 23 with 3825 viewsToast_R

LBC on 22:34 - Mar 22 by ScubaHoop

I live in the Caribbean (I know, I know) but listen to James O'Brien on line every day. Unlike most of my comrades on here I think he's a geezer. The way he's destroyed that tw-at Farage and IDS amongst others makes him, I think, the best political interviewer in the UK today. I so hope he gets the question time gig when yer man retires.

Cannot stand that smug git. Horrible opinionated git who is so left wing he goes full circle to the point where he becomes right wing in getting his opinions across.

Don't like the way he tries to make people sound stupid, he's clever but the lets not forget... he got his comeuppance when he was destroyed by Fat Frank Lampard!!!!!

LBC on 14:43 - Mar 23 with 3743 viewsMonahoop

LBC on 10:10 - Mar 23 by Boston

Brian Hayes = the argumentative Aussie. He was hilarious. His put downs were absolutely top rate. Where is he now, gone to the big radio station in the sky?

Brian Hayes is still alive and kicking. He was brilliant on LBC, but he went to the BBC where his style and attitude was toned down somewhat, obviously to suit the corporation and its legions of middle class listeners. I believe he went back to LBC at some point. Don't know if he is still there or retired now.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

LBC on 15:26 - Mar 23 with 3730 viewsstonebridgers

LBC on 14:43 - Mar 23 by Monahoop

Brian Hayes is still alive and kicking. He was brilliant on LBC, but he went to the BBC where his style and attitude was toned down somewhat, obviously to suit the corporation and its legions of middle class listeners. I believe he went back to LBC at some point. Don't know if he is still there or retired now.

I used to enjoy LBC and remember listening to Tommy Boyd and Jeremy Beadle doing late night shows back in the 80's. Steve Allen in the morning is great.
Talksport serves its purpose for certain things. I enjoy the My Sporting Life with Danny Kellly. Why can a station link him up with Danny Baker again. Sure fire winner.

Stonebridgers

LBC on 15:49 - Mar 23 with 3702 viewsHendonHoop

I agree about talkSPORT. It can be a breath of fresh air and I enjoy the presenters that say it like it is. Adrian Durham, Hawkesbie and Jacobs, Danny Kelly and Jason Cundy are well worth listening to. The thing though that began to get on my nerves of late is the constant shouting adverts and repeat commentaries as well as Mr Brazil on the sports breakfast show,trying to speak with a mouthful of dripping biscuits and coffee and asking obvious, bland questions like, " Are the lads looking forward to the big game on Saturday? "...What do you think they are going to say? . LBC is a very up to minuite station and the presenters are brilliant and keep my interest going as well as great telephone debate. I still listen to talkSPORT, but now select which show I listen to these days.
LBC on 16:46 - Mar 23 with 3669 viewsDiscodroids

loved tommy boyd.

LBC on 16:49 - Mar 23 with 3665 viewsHarrowRoadR

LBC on 09:44 - Mar 23 by Mick_S

I knew Robbie, worked in the Radio London newsroom with him , he was Editor until the three day week. He never looked back after that, started his phone in and the rest is history. He also had a show on Radio 1.
LBC on 23:11 - Mar 23 with 3552 viewsLadbrokeR

farrai is a self serving reactionary git with all the personality of a breeze block.
LBC on 01:39 - Mar 24 with 3030 viewstimcocking

LBC on 07:41 - Mar 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Lesbian Biker Commune. It's where everyone on here met.

So I had a quick glance at LBC.

Couldn't help but notice 'Irish gangland shooting'.

What I've often wondered, what's happened to all the paramilitaries now? I imagine they'll be plenty who won't want to give up all their power and just go home to a boring life. It's pretty easy to imagine groups of...gangsters emerging from it all. I imagine the narcotics are all controlled by former para militaries? Could it still be an ongoing problem for some time to come?
LBC on 06:37 - Mar 24 with 3005 viewsMrSheen

LBC on 01:39 - Mar 24 by timcocking

So I had a quick glance at LBC.

Couldn't help but notice 'Irish gangland shooting'.

What I've often wondered, what's happened to all the paramilitaries now? I imagine they'll be plenty who won't want to give up all their power and just go home to a boring life. It's pretty easy to imagine groups of...gangsters emerging from it all. I imagine the narcotics are all controlled by former para militaries? Could it still be an ongoing problem for some time to come?

Why smuggle drugs, when you can smuggle...diesel. Read about Thomas "Slab" Murphy.
LBC on 07:16 - Mar 24 with 2992 viewsHarbour

LBC is the communications wing of the Tory Party. Unless you like listening to right wing views do not bother tuning in...
LBC on 08:50 - Mar 24 with 2957 viewsHendonHoop

What, with people like James O'Brien?
LBC on 09:01 - Mar 24 with 2947 viewsMetallica_Hoop

There was a funny one where I think it was Petri Hoskin (sp) asked what do we do with the ecconomic Immigrants/refugees on the boats and basically everyone said 'turn 'em back, sink them etc' she was shocked and changed the subject
[Post edited 24 Mar 2016 9:01]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

LBC on 09:34 - Mar 24 with 2920 viewsisawqpratwcity

LBC on 09:01 - Mar 24 by Metallica_Hoop

There was a funny one where I think it was Petri Hoskin (sp) asked what do we do with the ecconomic Immigrants/refugees on the boats and basically everyone said 'turn 'em back, sink them etc' she was shocked and changed the subject
[Post edited 24 Mar 2016 9:01]

We have a similar situation in Oz where refugees, or 'illegal entrants' as the government prefers to describe them, are kept overseas in conditions that can, at best, be described as 'harsh'. The problem, imo, is that half the electorate think the conditions not harsh enough.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

LBC on 10:48 - Mar 24 with 2893 viewsHarbour

LBC on 08:50 - Mar 24 by HendonHoop

What, with people like James O'Brien?

Ferrai is prime spokesman....
LBC on 11:30 - Mar 24 with 2870 viewsdoogi55

LBC on 08:46 - Mar 23 by DevonWhite

I think that's the first time I've ever heard someone call someone else a c*nt for having the audacity to oppose fascism. It's certainly a bold stance given we're not in 1940s Germany. Have you always been a fan of fascism?

I'm also intruiged to hear more about this Chiswick Metropolitan Elite. Is this a longstanding organisation?

used to be bbc Chiswick now bbc has gone.
LBC on 12:20 - Mar 24 with 2845 viewsDiscodroids

Whenever James o'Turd is on Newsnight, i always fear for the local greengrocers as he appears to have nicked their coconut matting for his hair.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024