Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most 23:10 - Mar 23 with 20491 viewsMrSwerve

If you had to choose one, not necessarily because of a good result. Let's discount the championship playoff final as it's a bit of an obvious one. Same for the COC final.

Don't know why but the one that stands out for me is our 4-0 hammering by Kidderminster in 2002. Tuesday night game at the Verch, absolutely pissing down if I remember rightly. Put us joint bottom and was utterly depressing!

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 09:22 - Mar 24 with 2366 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Hull.

The Alan Curtis winner at Ipswich.

Preston, Bury and Gillingham promotion games.

Beating Liverpool at the Vetch (I think they were European Champions at the time).

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 09:25 - Mar 24 with 2353 viewsSwaneeRiver

I know we are all so spoilt now that picking memorable games from the past five seasons would be quite hard, yet every match from the early '70s through until we went to the Liberty seemed like classic cup finals.
Definitely a case (for me at least) of the rose tinted glasses playing tricks with the memory.
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 09:34 - Mar 24 with 2340 viewsGreatBritton

The old Div 2/3/4 games were different from the last five years. Glorious when we won but no expectation of any real glory.

Since then for me:

Wolves 4-4 (East Bank chanting "We want our Fatty back " when a portly, disconsolate, drunk, barechested Wolf was ejected by stewards)

Valencia 3-0 obviously (Best chant ever - "We want to stay 'ere, we want to stay 'ere, Swansea's a shthole,we want to stay 'ere")

Arsenal 3-2 - magnificent

Ballboygate - Hazard's expression when he was sent off just in front of me
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 09:35 - Mar 24 with 2335 viewstrampie

Swans 2-1 Cardiff, Welsh cup final.
Cardiff 3 Swans 3
Swans 3 Watford 3
Ipswich 2 Swans 3
Forest 0 Swans 2
Arsenal 0 Swans 2 [80's]

Are some of the memorable games other than some other obvious ones like Preston, Hull, Reading and Bradford.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 09:58 - Mar 24 with 2311 viewsMillJack

Peterborough 2 - 3 Swansea City. January 3rd 2000.

Travelled up to the game in a mates clapped out Fiesta, arriving at the ground as the game kicked-off following a 7 1/2 journey where his car broke down 4 times.

2-0 down at half-time before a, believe it or not, Nick Cusack inspired recovery saw us win 3-2 with a late goal.

I similarly timed journey home saw us bump into Kelly Jones from the Stereophonics at the petrol station near Ross-on-Wye. He was on his way back from the Leeds - Villa game that day.

Great times.
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 10:07 - Mar 24 with 2293 viewsJFSwan

The Arsenal game when Theo Wallcott give it big to the crowd only to be on his knees 2 minutes later when D. Graham slotted one in
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 10:11 - Mar 24 with 2285 viewssomersetsimon

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 01:19 - Mar 24 by icecoldjack

I never quite over us getting done at Wembley against Northampton I think 19,000 jacks knew the re taken free kick was going in

I was at that one. I had the same feeling. One of the most one-sided games I've ever seen, but we couldn't score and I think that free-kick was Northampton's first shot of the game. As soon as the ref ordered the retake, I knew they would. As soon as the game finished I had to walk around the back of the stand listening to all the Northampton fans celebrating.

To make it worse, I was living in Northampton at the time and had to drive back up the M1 with every other car trailing a Northampton scarf out of their window, then having to relive the experience on the local news for the following week :-(
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 10:13 - Mar 24 with 2283 viewsLoyal

I have to add the Chesterfield away game when Leon knight shone like a fcking star.

John the Mong was ejected, and the whole crowd chanted 'Free Free Free the Mong ' it was getting tasty when the stewards backs against the wall conceded and John was returned to the crowd.

Knights was completely awesome that day.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 10:18 - Mar 24 with 2272 viewsDewi1jack

Bloody long list this one could be

Arsenil Swans 2 "What's the score Bryan Moore, what's the score" and having to fight your way back out through those horrible b'stards
Gillingham "Oh Guillem Bauza you are the love of my life."
Wemberleeeee- was sh1tting it when Reading's second went in. Was worried enough when Dobbs got the 3rd thinking "this is too easy" and waiting for the Swansea way to kick in.
Preston to go up the 1st time.
Ferre's goal against Preston
Wigwam after the Tapas waiter fugged off
Brizzle home when Kev "swam" the full length (think it was Brizzle 7-1?)

A load that others have mentioned have set off some good (and bad) memories as well
Helluva camaraderie away prior to our promotion. Same old faces at Boro, Carlisle, Grimsby, Scunny or anywhere else.
Thanks ladies and gents YJBs

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 10:21 - Mar 24 with 2269 viewsshandyjack

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 10:13 - Mar 24 by Loyal

I have to add the Chesterfield away game when Leon knight shone like a fcking star.

John the Mong was ejected, and the whole crowd chanted 'Free Free Free the Mong ' it was getting tasty when the stewards backs against the wall conceded and John was returned to the crowd.

Knights was completely awesome that day.

he beat up one of my mtaes when we were about 15 back in the day, haha super strength. Remember he punched a girl in the face on an away trip once as well, clown

Poll: Expectation for the season

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 10:29 - Mar 24 with 2260 viewsDewi1jack

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 10:21 - Mar 24 by shandyjack

he beat up one of my mtaes when we were about 15 back in the day, haha super strength. Remember he punched a girl in the face on an away trip once as well, clown

Regular for John to hit people, especially women and children.
Leeds he was in front of us and threw a punch at a kiddy who disagreed with him
Think that's one of the reasons (as well as no carer for him) that he was booted off the pop and crisps busses.
Didn't the Fun bus leave him somewhere as well?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 10:56 - Mar 24 with 2232 viewsmonmouth

Oddly, even though Preston was brilliant, the one imprinted on my memory is the Luton game before it, because I wanted the chance to go for a grand day out to Preston with it in our hands. We were 2-0 up laughing and cruising, then suddenly after half time all Luton, looking like Barca and Real combined. In no time it's 2-2 and for what seemed like hours we were just praying we could cling on.

Just shows you never can tell what's for the best. If we'd won that and gone to Preston with the mindset of just needing a draw, who knows what might have happened.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 11:04 - Mar 24 with 2217 viewsmarchamjack

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 10:56 - Mar 24 by monmouth

Oddly, even though Preston was brilliant, the one imprinted on my memory is the Luton game before it, because I wanted the chance to go for a grand day out to Preston with it in our hands. We were 2-0 up laughing and cruising, then suddenly after half time all Luton, looking like Barca and Real combined. In no time it's 2-2 and for what seemed like hours we were just praying we could cling on.

Just shows you never can tell what's for the best. If we'd won that and gone to Preston with the mindset of just needing a draw, who knows what might have happened.

wasn't the original Luton game called off with waterlogged pitch? Think I was just literally getting into the ground when they called it off! They were a good team then Luton, Stein, Hill etc

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 11:11 - Mar 24 with 2207 viewsMrSwerve

As has already been mentioned, the Northampton playoff final is another one that sticks in my mind. That retaken free kick is imprinted in my memory forever! Gutted. Also losing the league 1 playoff final to Barnsley on pens, Alan Tate missing the final penalty if I remember right.

And now many go mental when we beat Villa 1-0 at home.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 11:28 - Mar 24 with 2178 viewsscottishjack

I've never worked out why it sticks in my mind, but a 2-2 draw with Sheff Utd at the Vetch...?

Torrential rain, a red card for both sides, 1-0 down, 2-1 up and then a late equaliser if memory serves... No idea why that game stood out at the time but it might have been the first time I went with my mates and not my dad?

And a 5-2 thumping off Wolves at the Vetch in the bottom division, they had Steve Bull and Andy Mutch? up front and they were just lethal, again, I would need to check but I'm sure Wolves finished with over 100 points that season and then we got promoted through the play offs?
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 11:31 - Mar 24 with 1747 viewstrampie

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 10:56 - Mar 24 by monmouth

I remember a big crowd and we were 2-0 up very early on with Luton getting back to 2-2 with plenty of time left on the clock and you are right Luton did look like Barca and Real combined for large parts of the match.
It was an excellent match which proved to be a huge point in helping in getting us up to the promise land.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 11:55 - Mar 24 with 1732 viewsunion_jack

Can anyone remember a game I think in the 70s where we needed to get a result and think we were playing Bristol Rovers. What I remember about it was that Rivers (if it was them) having loads of chances and missing them all. The word around the ground was that they didn't want us to go down because it was a short trip to Swansea!!

Some of the missed chances were a bit suspect if I remember correctly.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:56 - Mar 24 with 1732 viewsdameedna

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 11:59 - Mar 24 with 1717 viewsdameedna

Ricky Hill
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:01 - Mar 24 with 1716 viewsepaul

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 11:55 - Mar 24 by union_jack

Can anyone remember a game I think in the 70s where we needed to get a result and think we were playing Bristol Rovers. What I remember about it was that Rivers (if it was them) having loads of chances and missing them all. The word around the ground was that they didn't want us to go down because it was a short trip to Swansea!!

Some of the missed chances were a bit suspect if I remember correctly.

I remember an FA Cup match against them when we pummelled them for 90 mi s and they had 1 break away and scored

Brilliant thread BTW, I have memories of virtually every game mentioned and it's so nice to us remeniscing and no b*cthing going on!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:13 - Mar 24 with 1695 viewskarnataka

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 11:31 - Mar 24 by trampie

I remember a big crowd and we were 2-0 up very early on with Luton getting back to 2-2 with plenty of time left on the clock and you are right Luton did look like Barca and Real combined for large parts of the match.
It was an excellent match which proved to be a huge point in helping in getting us up to the promise land.

I was at that Luton one too. Didn't they have a late goal disallowed which would have made it 2-3?. Someone struck it from around the D and it went in but another player was in an offside position. Think that could have been allowed under today's interpretation with the 'not interfering' slant added since those days.

Think it might have been Raddy Antic, the Yugoslav midfielder.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2016 12:16]
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:15 - Mar 24 with 1691 viewssomersetsimon

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:01 - Mar 24 by epaul

I remember an FA Cup match against them when we pummelled them for 90 mi s and they had 1 break away and scored

Brilliant thread BTW, I have memories of virtually every game mentioned and it's so nice to us remeniscing and no b*cthing going on!

Didn't they have an excellent Welsh goalie at the time (Martin Thomas?) who played a blinder that day? 1978?
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:17 - Mar 24 with 1683 viewssomersetsimon

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 09:22 - Mar 24 by Joe_bradshaw

Hull.

The Alan Curtis winner at Ipswich.

Preston, Bury and Gillingham promotion games.

Beating Liverpool at the Vetch (I think they were European Champions at the time).

If that's the Liverpool game I'm thinking off, Leighton hit a free-kick past Grobbelar from miles out. In my memory, he started his run-up from the half way line!
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:17 - Mar 24 with 1679 viewstrampie

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:13 - Mar 24 by karnataka

I was at that Luton one too. Didn't they have a late goal disallowed which would have made it 2-3?. Someone struck it from around the D and it went in but another player was in an offside position. Think that could have been allowed under today's interpretation with the 'not interfering' slant added since those days.

Think it might have been Raddy Antic, the Yugoslav midfielder.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2016 12:16]

Yes I think they did have a correctly ruled out offside goal disallowed at 2-2.

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 12:21 - Mar 24 with 1680 viewscrackerjack

The 2nd replay against Palace at Onion Park in 1980... what a mental game! Remember the bricks flying at us from scum fans who'd somehow been let onto the same terrace as us (Bob bank??). Great feeling when Gilo scored the winner but awful to hear of the Swans fan stabbed after the game

"Lead me from tortured dreams Childhood themes of nights alone...."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024