Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most 23:10 - Mar 23 with 20492 viewsMrSwerve

If you had to choose one, not necessarily because of a good result. Let's discount the championship playoff final as it's a bit of an obvious one. Same for the COC final.

Don't know why but the one that stands out for me is our 4-0 hammering by Kidderminster in 2002. Tuesday night game at the Verch, absolutely pissing down if I remember rightly. Put us joint bottom and was utterly depressing!

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 20:21 - Mar 29 with 2346 viewsCooperman

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 20:13 - Mar 29 by monmouth

Remember the half time board where they manually put the numbers in. You needed a programme to get the match codes though. We used to have fun guessing (how stupid is that!).

A 0-0 "I wonder if that's Leeds - West Brom"?
B 1-0 "I wonder if that's Leeds - West Brom"?
C 0-2 "I wonder if that's Leeds - West Brom"?

Endless fun to be had there as you can see. Always ended the same way too.

"Oh mush, lend us your proggy for a minute"

If my memory serves me correctly they also published the A to Z fixtures in the Saturday tabloids. Great days!

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 20:40 - Mar 29 with 2328 viewsDarran

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 19:41 - Mar 29 by morningstar

Doesn't look very sunny!

You can see the shadow under Ossies leg.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 20:46 - Mar 29 with 2320 viewsmorningstar

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 20:40 - Mar 29 by Darran

You can see the shadow under Ossies leg.

Wrong answer. You were supposed to say well done Gaz you effin legend for finding that photo!!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 20:50 - Mar 29 with 2312 viewsDarran

And behind his arm.

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 21:10 - Mar 29 with 2295 viewsmorningstar

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 20:50 - Mar 29 by Darran

And behind his arm.

Ok then! I'll play your game! If theres also a shadow behind his arm, then the light source is coming from two different directions? I wonder what they could be?

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 21:14 - Mar 29 with 2287 viewsDarran

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 21:10 - Mar 29 by morningstar

Ok then! I'll play your game! If theres also a shadow behind his arm, then the light source is coming from two different directions? I wonder what they could be?

No it wouldn't.

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 21:36 - Mar 29 with 2271 viewsmorningstar

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 21:14 - Mar 29 by Darran

No it wouldn't.

Would. The shadow behind his arm shoes the light is coming from the right, whilst the light under his leg shows the light is coming from the left. It's quite simple really.

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 22:39 - Mar 29 with 2223 viewsSE1_Jack

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 21:36 - Mar 29 by morningstar

Would. The shadow behind his arm shoes the light is coming from the right, whilst the light under his leg shows the light is coming from the left. It's quite simple really.

Leeds at home when we beat them 3-2 when I believe Bodde was sent off. Best away support I've ever seen and an atmosphere better than games against the scum
Login to get fewer ads

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 03:14 - Mar 30 with 2180 viewsStarsky

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 11:45 - Mar 29 by Darran

Talking of the Double Decker here's my ticket from my first ever Swans game.

I was at that game too.
In the same stand.
We did sign the 3 mentioned from Man City. I think I've still got the programme for that game.
I remember playing Carlisle in a friendly, maybe the next game

It's just the internet, init.

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 22:38 - Mar 30 with 2093 viewsswanseajack4eva

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 07:44 - Mar 24 by epaul

It was 2-1, Tosh came on as sub, remember his rising majestically to head the winner, at the end we were all on the pitch and they announced that Sheffield Wed had beaten Swindon and everyone going mental as it confirmed our promotion to Div 2

Epaul - glad you remember 1978 as I do, was worried for a moment that I had lost my memory!
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 18:12 - Mar 31 with 1953 viewsgrabsplatter

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 11:14 - Mar 28 by Trundle10

I game which sticks in my head was a 4-2 win against Bury the season after the Hull game. A Bradley Mayeltt hatrick, (Super Bradley Maylett!!!) Trundle first league goal big crowd and a lovely afternoon in the sun. A complete contrast to the angst of the hull game a few months before.

[Post edited 28 Mar 2016 11:18]

Trundles debut & the start of the feel good factor - the following league game wasn't bad either, 4 - 3 at Cheltenham!
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 18:22 - Mar 31 with 1950 viewsBigPhilG

0-5 to Brizzle at the vetch. I was depressed for months
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 21:36 - Mar 31 with 1909 viewsswan65split

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 18:22 - Mar 31 by BigPhilG

0-5 to Brizzle at the vetch. I was depressed for months

Novemeber the 5th pissing down, I missed the game as I was stuck waiting for AA to get to me,, for 3 hours!!..........my name got lost off the system!!! AA have centre at Brizzie dont they? lol
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 22:30 - Mar 31 with 1891 viewsStanners

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 08:18 - Mar 25 by Kilkennyjack

Yeovil at the Liberty (streaker and Trunds goal)
Bristol Rovers at the Vetch, cup. (Martin thomas game)
Hartlepool at the Vetch (8-0)
Watford at the Vetch (toshacks debut)
Bristol City at the Liberty (7-1)
CArdiff at the Liberty first time in cup (Gomez winner)

Bristol Rovers game cup game???
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 22:36 - Mar 31 with 1886 viewsStanners

Swans 0 Kidderminster 4
Hartlepool 7 Swans 1

They were 2 awful results & performances

Southend 0 Swans 2
Rochdale 1 Swans 2

After losing to Carlisle I remember the Swans travelled to Southend and James Thomas scored a pen and Nugent scored and got sent off

A week before we played Hull we had to beat Rochdale which we did and I remember Marc Richards scored the winner but it took ages to cross the line
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 22:59 - Mar 31 with 1866 viewsBigPhilG

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 21:36 - Mar 31 by swan65split

Novemeber the 5th pissing down, I missed the game as I was stuck waiting for AA to get to me,, for 3 hours!!..........my name got lost off the system!!! AA have centre at Brizzie dont they? lol

You don't know how lucky you were missing that game. I think the AA and the RAC have big centres both in Brizz
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 23:17 - Mar 31 with 1856 viewsSwanseajill

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 06:59 - Mar 24 by jack247

Exeter at home in the great escape season. I thought we were done. Can remember that more vividly than the Hull game, but then the Hull game was a blur of emotion and alcohol. Exeter was just horrible.

Exeter, the lowest I've been in nearly forty years whilst being a STID fan.
Couldn't leave my seat after the whistle had gone. Gareth had gone to the Harry a griff bar to get drunk, I just sat alone in the centre stand except for a mate Steve sitting some way away behind me. I was crying like a baby.
Then I saw red when into the directors area came Uri Geller, not content with the win, he started waving his arms in all directions and putting a hex on our ground. I should have sent him a letter of thanks after the Hull game.
Nomad and Frankiebaby, two regular posters at the time, told me when arriving at the bar to stop blubbering because we were not out yet. I didn't believe them for a moment. Thank goodness, they got it right.
Preston 81? Can never be bettered in my eyes. Homeward journey,,, the car was filled with
elation.
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 23:32 - Mar 31 with 1848 viewsmajorraglan

Swans vs Northampton at Wembley in 1997. Travelled up the day before to stay with a mate in St Albans, car broke down at Reading Services on the way up which ended up in an RAC call out and a new alternator and a steep bill.

Next day travelled down to Wembley, rubbish stadium, pants view and we lost to a late goal. We then went in to London for a few pints, we ended up in the Roundhouse in Covent Garden an it was my round first, got a fiver out thinking it would cover 3 pints, the Danish barmaid had a big grin on her face when she told me the bill was £8.50, I was stunned and my mates who were used to London prices wet themselves laughing. Got worse when another one of my other mates turned up and proudly proclaimed that his wife had not long given birth to their first son, whom he had named Toby.
Toby, Ffs, I thought he was taking the p....., nobody from where I grew up would call his son Toby and I thought he was pulling my leg so I let rip, unfortunately he was being serious and it didn't go down to well with him. The others thought it was a hoot though.

To put things in perspective, a pint in the Pic in Ammanford was 97p!
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 23:50 - Mar 31 with 1835 viewsEbo

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 18:12 - Mar 31 by grabsplatter

Trundles debut & the start of the feel good factor - the following league game wasn't bad either, 4 - 3 at Cheltenham!

I had Brad Maylet's shorts and training top as he was renting a flat in Swansea and my mate was the landlord. He left some stuff behind when he moved out, my mate asked him about the items and he said if you know any swans fans then they can have them. Not sure if I still have the items.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 08:25 - Apr 1 with 1785 viewsSwaneeRiver

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 22:38 - Mar 30 by swanseajack4eva

Epaul - glad you remember 1978 as I do, was worried for a moment that I had lost my memory!

Memory playing tricks with you there fella - Chesterfield game was May 1979
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 09:08 - Apr 1 with 1774 viewsepaul

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 08:25 - Apr 1 by SwaneeRiver

Memory playing tricks with you there fella - Chesterfield game was May 1979

It must be! Correct it was 11 05 79

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 11:16 - Apr 1 with 1728 viewsQuakerJack

Exeter at home, the week before Rotherham... beautiful day, great win, cracker of a volley from Coates, pitch invasion and my first promotion as a Swans fan... I remember standing practically on the pitch waiting for the whistle to go to run on.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 11:23 - Apr 1 with 1722 viewsStanners

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 15:13 - Mar 24 by union_jack

Wasn't that Southend?

Yeah it was Southend
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 19:26 - Apr 1 with 1648 viewsNeathJack

Swans 2-2 Luton

April 1981 the midweek before the Preston game.

Ricky Hill murdered us 2nd half from what I vividly recall from being sat on a North Bank crush barrier as a 7 year old.
The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 21:17 - Apr 1 with 1612 viewsStarsky

The game you attended that sticks in your mind the most on 19:26 - Apr 1 by NeathJack

Swans 2-2 Luton

April 1981 the midweek before the Preston game.

Ricky Hill murdered us 2nd half from what I vividly recall from being sat on a North Bank crush barrier as a 7 year old.

Yea, it was an amazing game. The papers were lauding the quality was way above the division we represented.

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024