Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sicario 14:51 - Apr 10 with 2957 viewsPunteR

Great film,worth a watch. One of the best films I've seen in a while. Benicio del Toro is such a cool actor.
Got to say, Emily Blunt is brilliant as well, she's a class act,bit like Sigourney Weaver . She's lovely. Got a bit of a crush on her..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sicario on 16:12 - Apr 10 with 2894 viewsSINGINGDETECTIVE

Watched it last night and was not overly impressed,
she is very nice but out of her depth in that role ,
I'm surprised she didn't have more marks on her neck considering he nearly throttled her to death,
she should have shot him off the balcony at the end that would have been unpredictable ,

the last film that made me shake my head and think f---- that, was no country for old men,
that in my opinion was a rea l classic a real cold killer that you just cant shake off
frightening
Sicario on 16:39 - Apr 10 with 2863 viewsDorse

Sicario on 16:12 - Apr 10 by SINGINGDETECTIVE

I'm surprised she didn't have more marks on her neck considering he nearly throttled her to death,
she should have shot him off the balcony at the end that would have been unpredictable ,

the last film that made me shake my head and think f---- that, was no country for old men,
that in my opinion was a rea l classic a real cold killer that you just cant shake off
frightening

Yeah, but, Emily Blunt.

( Picture deleted in expectation of a 24 page thread that deteriorates into a nightmarish, Holloway-esque exploration of depravity that would have the Maquis de Sade making his excuses and calling a taxi)

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Sicario on 16:51 - Apr 10 with 2843 viewsPunteR

frightening

I thought she played the role well. Vulnerable,not really knowing what was going on around her or what she was letting herself in for. She's played strong,kick ass women roles before, i just thought this was something a bit different.
Wouldn't make sense if she just shot Del Toro at the end.
I thought it was good how Del Toro character revealed his objective and who he actually was. Clues in the title though.

[Post edited 10 Apr 2016 16:55]

Sicario on 19:58 - Apr 10 with 2764 viewsvblockranger

Thought the film was poor actually and Blunt's character extremely annoying. I was hoping she was gonna get shot.
Sicario on 20:04 - Apr 10 with 2757 viewsDrewster

Sicario on 19:58 - Apr 10 by vblockranger

Thought the film was poor actually and Blunt's character extremely annoying. I was hoping she was gonna get shot.

I liked the film, but agree with this.
As it went on, her character became more annoying and girly, whereas in real life she would have been cold and hard nosed to what was going on. Just wanted her to f&ck off in the end.
Del Toro was brilliant though.
Sicario on 20:07 - Apr 10 with 2755 viewsted_hendrix

frightening

"I need you to step out of the car Sir"

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Sicario on 20:31 - Apr 10 with 2735 viewsPunteR

Sicario on 19:58 - Apr 10 by vblockranger

She did get shot.
"don't ever point a gun at me again"
Del Toro bossed it .
[Post edited 10 Apr 2016 21:25]

Sicario on 00:02 - Apr 11 with 2656 viewsTacticalR

Completely agree with PunteR. Very atmospheric thriller, extremely well made, with great performances all round, including from Emily Blunt.

As a film, my only reservation was that it was not particularly original. Politically it doesn't give the slightest context to the situation it describes, so Donald Trump could happily sit through it.

Insight with Sandra Rodríguez Nieto: Life and Death in Juárez

P.S. The charming Ms. Blunt was interviewed on Kermode's radio show on Friday.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Sicario on 01:22 - Apr 11 with 2633 viewsKiwi76

Liked it even with viewing on a flight - thought Emily Blunt played her part well, idealistic and out of her comfort zone - del Toro was excellent.
Think they're making a second
Sicario on 10:00 - Apr 11 with 2557 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I liked it, though I agree it lacked political context. I thought that that might have been deliberate i.e. the grunts know the game isn't straight but no-one explains the context to them.

Thought Blunt's character was consistent and that she played it well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sicario on 12:19 - Apr 11 with 2514 viewsMrSheen

I can't think of Emily Blunt without wondering if her parrot is a c**t.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024