Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Protest at next home game 09:07 - Apr 12 with 8446 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I think all supporters should make a protest at the next home game against the sell out by most of our current shareholders.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Protest at next home game on 20:27 - Apr 12 with 1260 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Ooooohhhhh a protest

I'm in

What we protesting about ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Protest at next home game on 20:30 - Apr 12 with 1254 viewsGeoffThom

Protest at next home game on 19:53 - Apr 12 by jasper_T

The type of investment that would make a noticeable difference to our club comes from oil barons, not US consortiums.

And they and other investors are queuing around the corner ,sometimes you have to take what you can get
Protest at next home game on 20:48 - Apr 12 with 1216 viewsOldjack

Protest at next home game on 20:27 - Apr 12 by oh_tommy_tommy

Ooooohhhhh a protest

I'm in

What we protesting about ?

don't know yet ask me in a years time

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Protest at next home game on 20:51 - Apr 12 with 1203 viewsbarry_island

What form will the protest take? I think we can rule out leaving five minutes before half time or full time as it would be business as usual.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Protest at next home game on 20:51 - Apr 12 with 1203 viewslonglostjack

Protest at next home game on 20:30 - Apr 12 by GeoffThom

And they and other investors are queuing around the corner ,sometimes you have to take what you can get

But where is the commitment to investment ? Words are cheap.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Protest at next home game on 20:53 - Apr 12 with 1192 viewsSwaneeRiver

Protest at next home game on 20:51 - Apr 12 by barry_island

What form will the protest take? I think we can rule out leaving five minutes before half time or full time as it would be business as usual.

Especially in the posh seats - I'll get my tin hat for bringing that up again.
Protest at next home game on 21:04 - Apr 12 with 1167 viewslonglostjack

Protest at next home game on 19:42 - Apr 12 by exiledclaseboy

Too early for protesting.

Why? In terms of the deal or mobilizing support? I'd argue that a protest with Liverpool fans present would be more effective from a media perspective than the last game of the season against Man City.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Protest at next home game on 21:21 - Apr 12 with 1144 viewsLeonisGod

Protest at next home game on 17:07 - Apr 12 by Oldjack

I don't mind them selling ,but to theses guys ? ffs find someone who's half decent mun ,looks to me as if they're selling to whoever stumps up regardless of their background ,BAD MOVE

I'd agree with that. Why shouldn't they sell? (And doesn't Morgan have to anyway because of what's going on with his soon to be ex missus?). Nothing stays the same for ever and it's innevitable that shareholders will change at some point.

But they don't look particularly attractive buyers and the money involved seems pretty low.

Interesting times.
Login to get fewer ads

Protest at next home game on 21:22 - Apr 12 with 1134 viewsGeoffThom

Protest at next home game on 20:51 - Apr 12 by longlostjack

We don't know all the details yet ,until then I think we should keep an open mind
Protest at next home game on 21:29 - Apr 12 with 1113 viewsjack247

Protest at next home game on 21:21 - Apr 12 by LeonisGod

I'd agree with that. Why shouldn't they sell? (And doesn't Morgan have to anyway because of what's going on with his soon to be ex missus?). Nothing stays the same for ever and it's innevitable that shareholders will change at some point.

But they don't look particularly attractive buyers and the money involved seems pretty low.

Interesting times.

It was always going to happen at some point, That much has beem clear since it became apparent they were looking to sell last time.

All we can really do is hope that although they clearly aren't doing this with the clubs interests at heart, the new investors take the view that the best way to increase the value of their asset is to keep it in the PL and are prepared to spend a little bit to protect our PL status. The only part of this I take comfort in, is that our success is very much in their best interests.
Protest at next home game on 21:45 - Apr 12 with 1089 viewsDavillin

Protest at next home game on 17:47 - Apr 12 by monmouth

*cough* consortium *cough*

I've had that thought, too.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Protest at next home game on 21:49 - Apr 12 with 1079 viewsGeoffThom

Protest at next home game on 21:45 - Apr 12 by Davillin

I've had that thought, too.

A friend came out with consortium today,he was supposedly told these two are the front men for bigger fish ,I'll belive it if it comes out
Protest at next home game on 21:49 - Apr 12 with 1078 viewsDavillin

Protest at next home game on 18:59 - Apr 12 by MagicDaps

I don't think protesting is to go too far.

Everyone understands that there will be some limitations with our current owners, however with our owners I think 99.99% will feel comfortable with the security of Swansea City as a club - the whole reason the owners came in the first place. If there's reason to believe that this is to be put under threat, and in my view if we don't really know who we're selling to, then it would - then I think to protest is fair.

If we are going to protest it needs to be pretty unanimous, I don't really want a divide between fans and it would be interesting to see how people line up in the for/against bracket at the moment.

You're dead right about one thing -- we don't know who we're selling to.

These two are front men. Just as they have done in deals in the past. And they'll fade away as soon as they've made their killing.

Think like "an investor."

Protest at next home game on 21:53 - Apr 12 with 1070 viewsHighjack

I agree it's too early to protest. If by the time of the Liverpool game we still haven't been given any information then we should demand more transparency.

My opinion is it will all be done by then, there's a reason they made the announcement with 21 days until the next home game.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Protest at next home game on 22:02 - Apr 12 with 1044 viewsDavillin

Protest at next home game on 19:45 - Apr 12 by ymaohyd

Can I ask what the trust have done to attract investors?

It seems obvious to me that the dynamics of the situation is that most members of the board want to cash in on their shares.

How anyone can criticise them for that is beyond me. This season has proven that very easily the value of the club could be drastically cut.

Many state, we don't mind them selling but sell to the right buyer, let's be transparent.

If I was a board member I'd be pretty pi ssed off and inclined to highlight that both potential American buyers have been deemed dodgy, so over to you...you find us a buyer?!

You not only miss the point, you miss the points, plural.

1. The Trust has no duty to attract investors. Nor does the Trust have control over new investors in any way.

2. The criticism is not that other shareholders want to sell their shares. It's partly because they're going to give a controlling interest in the club to complete strangers who come from a culture of "investors" using sports teams as cash points. It's partly because they've already recouped their original investments many times over and are taking advantage of the club, supporters, and the city.

3. And it's partly because of the way it's being done -- childish secrecy and blatant misrepresentations of the effect and meaning of the sale.

4. These are not real "investors," whose money would go to the club, but whose money will go 100% to shareholders. The club will get zero.

5. Now of all times, we don't need even "real investment" that wold go to the club. Even if this 100 million were to go to the club -- which it will not -- the club is going to get more than twice that amount in the coming season. And the club would not be in the hands of people whose precise aim is to make a killing and sell it on to another stranger.

Protest at next home game on 22:04 - Apr 12 with 1031 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Protest at next home game on 21:53 - Apr 12 by Highjack

I agree it's too early to protest. If by the time of the Liverpool game we still haven't been given any information then we should demand more transparency.

My opinion is it will all be done by then, there's a reason they made the announcement with 21 days until the next home game.

Good post. Some mobilization is never too early, but if/when the protest happens, it has to be framed carefully.

A bunch of signs screaming "DON'T SELL TO OUTSIDERS!!" just looks like kneejerk paranoia to the outside world at this point. It needs to be communicated delicately enough that the fans understand the reality that the current owners have earned a big payday.

The protest needs to be managed to show the hope that our current owners will be patient and find an opportunity that isn't loaded with red flags.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Protest at next home game on 22:05 - Apr 12 with 1027 viewsDavillin

Protest at next home game on 19:48 - Apr 12 by GeoffThom

Good point ,I belive we need investment were as some just want the status quo to carry on

You have most obviously not been paying attention.

If this deal goes through, not one penny of the sale price goes to the club, and all of it goes to the shareholders to buy their shares, and to disappear into their individual bank accounts.

Don't fall for the fairy tale that you're being told by shareholders, their surrogate Wales Online, and other posters who also don't understand the scam.

Protest at next home game on 22:05 - Apr 12 with 1026 viewsLandore_Jack

Protest at next home game on 21:53 - Apr 12 by Highjack

You cannot expect people to sit back and do nothing.

#backtojack

Protest at next home game on 22:06 - Apr 12 with 1024 viewsjasper_T

They haven't even used words to suggest they would invest money into the club.
Protest at next home game on 22:10 - Apr 12 with 1001 viewsDavillin

Protest at next home game on 20:06 - Apr 12 by SwaneeRiver

Okay so say we protest. Those who are inclined to sell will do what ?
a) Think "Gosh what a strength of feeling - I better not sell after all"
b) Think "I've invested my hard earned cash, not to mention 14 (or whatever) years being a director, so sorry guys I'm selling and making myself £xx million "
Be honest with yourselves now - out of 100% of fans if they were in the same fortunate position, what position would sell ?

Were you not around when Moores withdrew his near-offer because of supporter and Supporter Trust objections?

Or were you not paying attention?

[I haven't mentioned Tony Petty or Whats-his-name Lewis, as they are even further in the past. Like so many of the posters who are wary of snakes in the grass, I do remember them well. And we who do remember also what had to happen to bring the Supporters Trust into existence to protect supporters of Swansea City.

'tis pity if (or that) you don't.

Protest at next home game on 22:11 - Apr 12 with 997 viewsDarran

Everyone take a white squash ball with them and throw it on the pitch at 76 minutes 10' seconds in protest at the 76.1%.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Protest at next home game on 22:12 - Apr 12 with 991 viewsGeoffThom

Protest at next home game on 22:05 - Apr 12 by Davillin

You have most obviously not been paying attention.

If this deal goes through, not one penny of the sale price goes to the club, and all of it goes to the shareholders to buy their shares, and to disappear into their individual bank accounts.

Don't fall for the fairy tale that you're being told by shareholders, their surrogate Wales Online, and other posters who also don't understand the scam.

No I get you I was thinking more of future investment,but we still don't know enough yet to go protesting
Protest at next home game on 22:14 - Apr 12 with 981 viewsDavillin

It's not an "investment" to or in the club. It's payment to shareholders for their shares.

Not one penny of it goes to the club.

I'm truly getting weary repeating this.

Protest at next home game on 22:15 - Apr 12 with 978 viewsLandore_Jack

Protest at next home game on 22:12 - Apr 12 by GeoffThom

No I get you I was thinking more of future investment,but we still don't know enough yet to go protesting

If we wait it maybe too late.

#backtojack

Protest at next home game on 22:17 - Apr 12 with 971 viewsGeoffThom

Protest at next home game on 22:14 - Apr 12 by Davillin

It's not an "investment" to or in the club. It's payment to shareholders for their shares.

I'm truly getting weary repeating this.

Yes we know this ,it lines the pocket ,I think we're all wondering would they invest more money into the club as well ,again we just don't know yet
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024