Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where the club is....... 07:23 - Apr 16 with 2693 viewsThe_DJ

Reflecting on this glorious sunny April morning where the club is.
On the playing side these are our greatest times without doubt, as we sit proudly in League 1 with an array of good players, and some of the potentially best young talent ever.
We have a Manager who has taken us up twice and also to Wembley.
The dark days of the 70s and 80s are long behind us when it was a miracle we remained in the Football League and afloat as a business.

The Stadium is back in the Clubs hands and going forward that could make us even stronger.
Commercially there seems to be a now outlook and the clubs success and development should help income streams increase.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS
Where the club is....... on 09:04 - Apr 16 with 2556 viewsTalkingSutty

I hope there's no Seasiders reading your post, that's really putting the boot in.
Where the club is....... on 09:09 - Apr 16 with 2550 views442Dale

There's a real air of positivity around the club and a feeling we can capitalise on this within the restraints of being a small club punching above its weight.

There's also a genuine interest into what we'll see around season ticket/matchday pricing announced in Monday. The announcement that there will be a "significant change in approach" has led to real anticipation amongst supporters, and that's a real positive in itself. I don't think we're all expecting radically cheap ST, even if that is as an option, but anything that illustrates the awareness that cost is now a real factor; something that needs to be addressed across the entire fanbase, from the youngest to the oldest. By doing that we might have a real chance of retaining and, more importantly, growing crowds alongside everything else that's good about the club.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Where the club is....... on 09:18 - Apr 16 with 2524 viewsTalkingSutty

Where the club is....... on 09:09 - Apr 16 by 442Dale

There's a real air of positivity around the club and a feeling we can capitalise on this within the restraints of being a small club punching above its weight.

There's also a genuine interest into what we'll see around season ticket/matchday pricing announced in Monday. The announcement that there will be a "significant change in approach" has led to real anticipation amongst supporters, and that's a real positive in itself. I don't think we're all expecting radically cheap ST, even if that is as an option, but anything that illustrates the awareness that cost is now a real factor; something that needs to be addressed across the entire fanbase, from the youngest to the oldest. By doing that we might have a real chance of retaining and, more importantly, growing crowds alongside everything else that's good about the club.

Good post. Looking forward to analysing the ST prices on Monday and will be making a concerted effort to look at them from both sides of the fence. My one real hope is something that's going to attract the young supporters and by that i mean those under 18 or even under 21, really slash those prices and let's target the schools and Colleges. The ' Significant change in approach' should reveal something out of the ordinary.
Where the club is....... on 10:31 - Apr 16 with 2404 viewsboromat

Where the club is....... on 09:18 - Apr 16 by TalkingSutty

Good post. Looking forward to analysing the ST prices on Monday and will be making a concerted effort to look at them from both sides of the fence. My one real hope is something that's going to attract the young supporters and by that i mean those under 18 or even under 21, really slash those prices and let's target the schools and Colleges. The ' Significant change in approach' should reveal something out of the ordinary.

Yes they should scrap the U18s (I think) season ticket and bring back the student season ticket. I was nearly bankrupted that year they changed it and I'm sure it's stopped alot of younger fans at uni and college buying a season ticket since.

I think we might see deals for buying multiple tickets and such like. I am intrigued to see what is announced.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Where the club is....... on 11:31 - Apr 16 with 2319 viewsTalkingSutty

Where the club is....... on 10:31 - Apr 16 by boromat

Yes they should scrap the U18s (I think) season ticket and bring back the student season ticket. I was nearly bankrupted that year they changed it and I'm sure it's stopped alot of younger fans at uni and college buying a season ticket since.

I think we might see deals for buying multiple tickets and such like. I am intrigued to see what is announced.

I think the secret to purchasing a Season Ticket is looking at the cost of your Matchday experience in total, for most people it costs a lot more than just gaining access to the ground. My personal expenses run something like this.

Approx 8 pounds spend in the Dale Bar prior to the game on beer and soft drinks, packet of crisps.Thats the only part of the day that I am guaranteed to enjoy, so it's not negotiable.

Three pounds on a programme and normally a Bovril. So that's 12 pounds X 23 home games = 276 pounds. On top of that I spend 52 pounds a year on Goldbond and twenty pounds renewal on Trust Membership ( me and the lad) = 72 pounds + 276= 348 pound. So my add-ons cost more than my season ticket!! I haven't even mentioned replica shirts etc.

Now then, I don't anticipate my Season Ticket rising in price but if it does I already have a plan in place to benefit my wallet ( The Football Club is not my only source of pleasure/ leisure). I will cancel my Goldbond subscription and not renew my Trust Membership and by doing that will save 72 pounds which will bring my Season Ticket price down to an acceptable level. I can still enjoy a beer and a read of the programme before the game whilst still handing extra cash over to the Club in the process. I would do that with a heavy heart but that's a decision I have made. In reality it's less than one pound fifty a week so it's not going to bankrupt the Club.

What I am saying is, even if you are not happy with the price of the season ticket you can still juggle your outlay around and save in other ways. It's about taking ownership back, otherwise the same people (us) are constantly being milked!! The season ticket prices will reveal how serious the Club are in attracting new fans, that in turn would take the pressure off the current fans wallets because it's not fair.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 12:31]
Where the club is....... on 11:57 - Apr 16 with 2273 viewsD_Alien

Where the club is....... on 11:31 - Apr 16 by TalkingSutty

I think the secret to purchasing a Season Ticket is looking at the cost of your Matchday experience in total, for most people it costs a lot more than just gaining access to the ground. My personal expenses run something like this.

Approx 8 pounds spend in the Dale Bar prior to the game on beer and soft drinks, packet of crisps.Thats the only part of the day that I am guaranteed to enjoy, so it's not negotiable.

Three pounds on a programme and normally a Bovril. So that's 12 pounds X 23 home games = 276 pounds. On top of that I spend 52 pounds a year on Goldbond and twenty pounds renewal on Trust Membership ( me and the lad) = 72 pounds + 276= 348 pound. So my add-ons cost more than my season ticket!! I haven't even mentioned replica shirts etc.

Now then, I don't anticipate my Season Ticket rising in price but if it does I already have a plan in place to benefit my wallet ( The Football Club is not my only source of pleasure/ leisure). I will cancel my Goldbond subscription and not renew my Trust Membership and by doing that will save 72 pounds which will bring my Season Ticket price down to an acceptable level. I can still enjoy a beer and a read of the programme before the game whilst still handing extra cash over to the Club in the process. I would do that with a heavy heart but that's a decision I have made. In reality it's less than one pound fifty a week so it's not going to bankrupt the Club.

What I am saying is, even if you are not happy with the price of the season ticket you can still juggle your outlay around and save in other ways. It's about taking ownership back, otherwise the same people (us) are constantly being milked!! The season ticket prices will reveal how serious the Club are in attracting new fans, that in turn would take the pressure off the current fans wallets because it's not fair.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 12:31]

I really like that thinking TS. Can't be doing with people just taking whatever marketing ploys are thrown at them like dogs slavering over a rancid bone.

Take ownership. Yep, that's bang on.

If the club knew in advance that their overall income would suffer (reduced Goldbond etc.) it'd make them think more than twice.

But back to the main point of the thread - we're in an enviable position for a club of our size, and I never thought I'd be able to say that. Really looking forward to today's game, and a win isn't a given but I'll be enjoying it whatever happens because to be still in there with a fighting chance at this stage of the season is remarkable in itself.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Where the club is....... on 12:02 - Apr 16 with 2254 viewsTalkingSutty

Where the club is....... on 11:57 - Apr 16 by D_Alien

I really like that thinking TS. Can't be doing with people just taking whatever marketing ploys are thrown at them like dogs slavering over a rancid bone.

If the club knew in advance that their overall income would suffer (reduced Goldbond etc.) it'd make them think more than twice.

But back to the main point of the thread - we're in an enviable position for a club of our size, and I never thought I'd be able to say that. Really looking forward to today's game, and a win isn't a given but I'll be enjoying it whatever happens because to be still in there with a fighting chance at this stage of the season is remarkable in itself.

It's been a great season and like I said before Hill and the players deserve a bigger audience.
Where the club is....... on 12:05 - Apr 16 with 2235 viewsD_Alien

Where the club is....... on 12:02 - Apr 16 by TalkingSutty

It's been a great season and like I said before Hill and the players deserve a bigger audience.

And that's the key to increasing the club's overall income-generating capacity; not, as you say, just milking the same old cows!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Where the club is....... on 12:09 - Apr 16 with 2220 views442Dale

Where the club is....... on 11:57 - Apr 16 by D_Alien

It's an interesting angle TS has come up with there. However, with the way Monday was built up after questions from fans, we're all hopeful that it will see that significant change that has been mentioned. One which will benefit ALL supporters in some way, current and potential. That we are doing so well will add to those changes and the positivity around Spotland can only be enhanced. It's a win-win!
[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 12:10]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Where the club is....... on 12:20 - Apr 16 with 2192 viewsTalkingSutty

Where the club is....... on 12:09 - Apr 16 by 442Dale

It's an interesting angle TS has come up with there. However, with the way Monday was built up after questions from fans, we're all hopeful that it will see that significant change that has been mentioned. One which will benefit ALL supporters in some way, current and potential. That we are doing so well will add to those changes and the positivity around Spotland can only be enhanced. It's a win-win!
[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 12:10]

Consultation with the Supporters Trust and it's members would have been a good idea before setting any ST prices, haven't heard anything to that effect so that can't have happened. Look at the goodwill brought about by incorporating the fans in the Kit design.

It's always a good idea to talk to your customers ( Football People) rather than talk at them.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 12:21]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024