Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you was Jamie Vardy... 23:58 - Jun 6 with 5088 viewsDaley_Lama

Poll: DF in or out

If you was Jamie Vardy... on 07:39 - Jun 7 with 4002 viewsfunkkk

I find it hard to believe that so many would turn down an extra £40k a week! We all know about Vardy's incredible rise through the leagues and signing for a massive club like Arsenal would finish that off. He's 29 and probably doesn't have many years left at the top level it would be very difficult to turn it down.
If you was Jamie Vardy... on 08:13 - Jun 7 with 3964 viewselectricblue

I have to agree with funkkk...
An extra £40k pay rise would be silly to turn down........
Plus vardy is 29 and at his age and stage of his career he would be silly not to.....
The Arsenal contract whatever the length will set him up for life.....

My only concern is that would Vardy fit into the way Arsenal play....

My advice grab the opportunity as this could be Arsenals season to finally win something a become a legend in the process.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

If you was Jamie Vardy... on 09:10 - Jun 7 with 3916 viewsJimmyRustler

£80k a week won't set him up for life?

He's settled at a club, probably pretty close by geographically and has absolutely no reason to leave Leicester.

The only time I'd leave if I was him if if a fire sale started and messers Mahrez, Kante, Drinkwater etc got sold...
If you was Jamie Vardy... on 09:51 - Jun 7 with 3866 views49thseason

If I were John and John were Me,
Then he’d be six and I’d be three.
If John were Me and I were John,
I shouldn’t have these trousers on.

- A. A. Milne, Now We Are Six

Is the £80K / £120K before of after tax? If it's before tax the difference is £19K
£80k = £53867 take home after tax and NI
£120K = £73067 take home after tax and NI
If you was Jamie Vardy... on 09:52 - Jun 7 with 3866 viewsnordenblue

If you was Jamie Vardy... on 07:39 - Jun 7 by funkkk

I find it hard to believe that so many would turn down an extra £40k a week! We all know about Vardy's incredible rise through the leagues and signing for a massive club like Arsenal would finish that off. He's 29 and probably doesn't have many years left at the top level it would be very difficult to turn it down.

It wouldn't be a difficult choice that's for sure,no comparison club,stadium,fan base wise and a realistic chance in Europe and while you're at it 50% more a week in your arse pocket.
Err no thanks Arsenal I'm just fine where I am....yeah right
If you was Jamie Vardy... on 09:55 - Jun 7 with 3859 viewsDaley_Lama

I'm actually surprised that there are more Arsenal votes than Leicester votes myself.

The romantic small club mentality would be for Leicester, the pragmatic financial one for Arsenal.

I'm a romantic so and so and hope he doesn't leave Leicester, instead the lot of them having a go next season.

Whichever way it goes, i'm certain Arsene did this right before the tournament to unsettle the lad, the cheese eating surrender monkey.

If you was Jamie Vardy... on 10:31 - Jun 7 with 3812 viewsD_Alien

Remain or Leave?

I vote Remain, on this occasion.

I can't imagine a worse fit for Vardy than Arsenal's style of play. He'd end up in the same sort of sink hole that he found himself in whilst playing for England against Portugal.

Would the extra dosh make him feel that much better when he loses form, confidence and his England place? When he's already set to earn approx £4m a year before tax?
[Post edited 7 Jun 2016 10:33]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

If you was Jamie Vardy... on 10:38 - Jun 7 with 3797 viewsaleanddale

Remain for me to..

2 seasons at Leicester and he will still have £5 000 000 clear in his bank account playing salary alone.

Double with extra non footy related earnings.

And as many walkers crisps has he can eat!!!
Login to get fewer ads

If you was Jamie Vardy... on 11:32 - Jun 7 with 3751 views_dezzy

To me its the old argument,

As fans we believe a player should stay loyal to the club that gave him a chance,

But then you look at it as if it was a job, If a rival firm offered you 50% more for doing the same job, you would snap it up, even if you could live on the lesser wage.

If I was Jamie I would try sort a deal, where I could stay at Leicester for a year, then move to the bigger club

KHBA

If you was Jamie Vardy... on 11:43 - Jun 7 with 3739 viewsKenBoon

I'd ask for more money. He's a goal scorer and the clubs are getting much more tv money. If he does well in the Euros then his image rights will shoot up too. The latter might be why he'll hold off until after the Euros.
If you was Jamie Vardy... on 12:02 - Jun 7 with 3697 viewsAtThePeake

If you was Jamie Vardy... on 09:52 - Jun 7 by nordenblue

It wouldn't be a difficult choice that's for sure,no comparison club,stadium,fan base wise and a realistic chance in Europe and while you're at it 50% more a week in your arse pocket.
Err no thanks Arsenal I'm just fine where I am....yeah right

Plus more of a chance of winning silverware again, more chance of remaining in the England team even if his form drops (sad but true), chance to live in the capital which is a big draw for a lot of players.

Agree that he doesn't fit into their system whatsoever but that's Wenger's problem, not his. I'd be away in a heartbeat if I was him. Even if it was to join Ars*nal.

Tangled up in blue.

If you was Jamie Vardy... on 12:08 - Jun 7 with 3681 viewsMarpleAlty

I'm in the 'Leave' camp.

OK slightly different scale, but I remember people saying he should stay put for a while at an ambitious Fleetwood, but he didn't - and the rest is history.

What's to say his form drops at Leicester next season? You don't get offers to play for teams like Arsenal every day of the week - and the opportunity to link up with the likes of Ozil and Sanchez must surely complete the dream for him.
If you was Jamie Vardy... on 12:17 - Jun 7 with 3651 viewsdingdangblue

If you was Jamie Vardy... on 12:08 - Jun 7 by MarpleAlty

I'm in the 'Leave' camp.

OK slightly different scale, but I remember people saying he should stay put for a while at an ambitious Fleetwood, but he didn't - and the rest is history.

What's to say his form drops at Leicester next season? You don't get offers to play for teams like Arsenal every day of the week - and the opportunity to link up with the likes of Ozil and Sanchez must surely complete the dream for him.

Winning the Euros and making a dream move to one of Europe's top clubs would be a great end to his movie 🎬

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

If you was Jamie Vardy... on 12:19 - Jun 7 with 3639 viewsdeeplishblue

Number of premiership goals scored by James Beattie 2002/2003 - 23

Number of premiership goals scored by James Beattie 2003/2004 - 14

Number of premiership goals scored by James Beattie 2004/2005 - 5

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

If you was Jamie Vardy... on 12:51 - Jun 7 with 3577 viewsboromat

As mentioned a few times already I can't see Vardy fitting into Arsenals approach to the game. He's not going to get many balls over the top to run after is he?!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

If you was Jamie Vardy... on 13:44 - Jun 7 with 3492 viewsolympicdale

If you was Jamie Vardy... on 08:13 - Jun 7 by electricblue

I have to agree with funkkk...
An extra £40k pay rise would be silly to turn down........
Plus vardy is 29 and at his age and stage of his career he would be silly not to.....
The Arsenal contract whatever the length will set him up for life.....

My only concern is that would Vardy fit into the way Arsenal play....

My advice grab the opportunity as this could be Arsenals season to finally win something a become a legend in the process.....

Arsenals best chance to win the league was last season, with so many big clubs underperformed in the league, and they still fell short, only finishing second when Spurs had given up the title. I think Vardy will be loyal to Leicester, he's already living the dream, hes earning a great wage, there is talk of a new 100k p/w contract, I don't see him forcing a move.

Life is a game of fate.

If you was Jamie Vardy... on 13:50 - Jun 7 with 3472 viewslurker

I'd imagine you could throw a much better party at your house with an extra £40k a week
If you was Jamie Vardy... on 18:26 - Jun 7 with 3362 viewsGlenn

Sure Fleetwood & Halifax fans will be desperate for him to leave. Reports that Fleetwood would receive £6.8m and Halifax also have a sell on!
If you was Jamie Vardy... on 09:55 - Jun 8 with 3134 viewskirbys

Ask for a pay rise and stay to enjoy this time in his life. Ridiculous sums of money being offered to premiership players is unsustainable and eventually it will crash. He is a hero already and has enough income to give him and his family a good life so why ruin this brilliant period and risk being a small cog in the Arsenal machine.
Stay and enjoy it!
If you was Jamie Vardy... on 10:18 - Jun 8 with 3122 viewsD_Alien

If you was Jamie Vardy... on 09:55 - Jun 8 by kirbys

Ask for a pay rise and stay to enjoy this time in his life. Ridiculous sums of money being offered to premiership players is unsustainable and eventually it will crash. He is a hero already and has enough income to give him and his family a good life so why ruin this brilliant period and risk being a small cog in the Arsenal machine.
Stay and enjoy it!

If he asks for a pay rise, Leicester should turn him down. He's already been offered one, and they'll have a wage structure (like Dale) based on sustainability for the future; if Vardy gets more the rest of the squad will be banging on the door too. There lies disharmony and team spirit evaporates into thin air.

Someone mentioned the "privilege" of playing with Sanchez and Ozil. Vardy's technical deficiencies will have him being looked down upon at Arsenal. Extra money over and above £4m a year? Not worth a candle. He's just got married, and that'll take a lot of his psychological reserves to adjust to (anyone who thinks it won't is being naive) and as you say, he's happy with his current team-mates who play for him to succeed, not massage their own egos.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2016 10:22]

If you was Jamie Vardy... on 10:23 - Jun 23 with 2712 viewsD_Alien

Vardy stays with Leicester - signed a new four year contract

Absolutely the right decision

Now get banging those goals in for England!

If you was Jamie Vardy... on 10:57 - Jun 23 with 2665 viewsDaley_Lama

If you was Jamie Vardy... on 10:23 - Jun 23 by D_Alien

Vardy stays with Leicester - signed a new four year contract

Absolutely the right decision

Now get banging those goals in for England!

100% agree, so glad he chose this direction, he will forevermore be a Leicester legend.

If you was Jamie Vardy... on 11:01 - Jun 23 with 2660 viewsScunnydale

If you was Jamie Vardy... on 10:57 - Jun 23 by Daley_Lama

100% agree, so glad he chose this direction, he will forevermore be a Leicester legend.

Agree too. But I suspect one or two Fleetwood fans may disagree.
If you was Jamie Vardy... on 12:02 - Jun 23 with 2604 viewsmacro

If you was Jamie Vardy... on 11:01 - Jun 23 by Scunnydale

Agree too. But I suspect one or two Fleetwood fans may disagree.

I'm sure the owner as well had a few choice words on hearing the news
If you was Jamie Vardy... on 12:25 - Jun 23 with 2575 viewsYorkshire_Dale

If you was Jamie Vardy... on 12:02 - Jun 23 by macro

I'm sure the owner as well had a few choice words on hearing the news

JV is 29 yrs old.........new deal takes him to 33..........may have been his last chance big move unless he has another fab season?........and Arsene re-sniffs?

Still Respect.......none of these foreign lot would have any loyalty......big bucks every time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024