Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back 09:10 - Sep 24 with 2263 viewsmagicdaps10

Thoughts?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 09:11 - Sep 24 with 1821 viewsPegojack

It didn't work against Chelsea, it won't work against Citeh.

Go all out on the attack, that's the last thing they'll expect.
Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 09:15 - Sep 24 with 1793 viewsswanjackal

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 09:11 - Sep 24 by Pegojack

It would certainly ve the last thing our own fans would expect too.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2016 9:20]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 09:15 - Sep 24 with 1793 viewsNeiltheTaylor

This is insane. I like it. Blaze of Glory for pre match song plz

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 09:18 - Sep 24 with 1779 viewsporschejack

I'd go 10 at the back and keep the score down to 8 nil , goal diff might be the diff at the end of the season.
Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 09:22 - Sep 24 with 1754 viewscrix

while that may seem like a great idea in theory, in practice I think we will get the tuning of our lives if we play an open game against them. have you not seen them play this season, its fvcking terrifying how good they are going forward.
Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 09:31 - Sep 24 with 1720 viewsjack247

5 at the back is fine, but it would have to be 3 centre backs and 2 wingbacks. The wingbacks would need to be able to get forward and cross. I like Taylor more than most do, but he shouldn't be near the team if we go down this route.

Would sacrifice having orthodox wingers, but allow us to compete in midfield, if we went 352/532, it may even give us a chance to judge Llorente and Baston.

If we set up like we did against Chelsea, it will only be a matter of how many we concede.
Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 09:36 - Sep 24 with 1696 viewsItchySphincter

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 09:22 - Sep 24 by crix

while that may seem like a great idea in theory, in practice I think we will get the tuning of our lives if we play an open game against them. have you not seen them play this season, its fvcking terrifying how good they are going forward.

Well we've proved we're not good enough to contain the opposition defensively.

All I hope for and expect today is a change in attitude. I don't mind if he changes the team up, Leon maybe, even Routledge. Today we need something to shout about.

If we dish up Monkball anything like we did at Southampton I'll probably transcend from fury to apathy.

No Ki either please boss.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 09:39 - Sep 24 with 1677 viewsOldjack

5 is that all ,11 is our game now everyone knows that

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 09:42 - Sep 24 with 1664 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 09:36 - Sep 24 by ItchySphincter

Well we've proved we're not good enough to contain the opposition defensively.

All I hope for and expect today is a change in attitude. I don't mind if he changes the team up, Leon maybe, even Routledge. Today we need something to shout about.

If we dish up Monkball anything like we did at Southampton I'll probably transcend from fury to apathy.

No Ki either please boss.

Are Monk's little truisms still painted on the changing room walls and around the ground and training facilities?

Or have they succumb to terrible graffiti alterations? Guido is still wondering why he is asking players to undertake Gay Management on a match day.

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 09:53 - Sep 24 with 1622 viewshammy

Who gives a sh1t what Guardiola thinks. Let's get into them and spoil their 100% record !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 09:55 - Sep 24 with 1608 viewsmagicdaps10

Well if we are looking to contain then i would just go 4 at the back with an enforcer playing in front of the back 4.
For example, have Amat in front of Fede and VDH.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 09:58 - Sep 24 with 1597 viewsHighjack

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 09:55 - Sep 24 by magicdaps10

Well if we are looking to contain then i would just go 4 at the back with an enforcer playing in front of the back 4.
For example, have Amat in front of Fede and VDH.

We tried that at West Ham a few years ago, no enforcement happened.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 10:10 - Sep 24 with 1548 viewsmonmouth

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 09:58 - Sep 24 by Highjack

We tried that at West Ham a few years ago, no enforcement happened.

But this is better. This is v2.0 This is re-enforcement.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 10:16 - Sep 24 with 1532 viewsKulusBeatFactory

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 09:31 - Sep 24 by jack247

5 at the back is fine, but it would have to be 3 centre backs and 2 wingbacks. The wingbacks would need to be able to get forward and cross. I like Taylor more than most do, but he shouldn't be near the team if we go down this route.

Would sacrifice having orthodox wingers, but allow us to compete in midfield, if we went 352/532, it may even give us a chance to judge Llorente and Baston.

If we set up like we did against Chelsea, it will only be a matter of how many we concede.

good points (again) - how would u set up ?
Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 10:25 - Sep 24 with 1494 viewsmonmouth

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 10:16 - Sep 24 by KulusBeatFactory

I like this idea of 4-1-4-1 myself, with Routs and Barrow or Routs and Montero. Or if kamikaze Barrow and Montero.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 10:27 - Sep 24 with 1482 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I like the idea that we have magicked some wing backs from somewhere

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 10:34 - Sep 24 with 1469 viewsPrivate_Partz

We did not play five at the back against Man City. It is mind games by Pep. Hoping we might now stand toe to toe with them there by allowing them to run riot when we lose possession.
Five at the back can work but it is very different to our usual style and players are going to have trouble changing to that system. If VDH is right and he plays today then we might very well go for 5 in the first half to try and frustrate. VDH, Feddy or Jordi wil need to step up into midfield PDQ when we attack to have any chance of this being a success.
I know for some supporters this will make Frankie the anti Christ but if we make a fist of it we will gave a plan A, B and C. Namely. Two wingers, one winger or 5 at the back dependant on who we are playing and what stage of the game it is.
Problem is if the players and ultimately the supporters don't buy into it........

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 10:38 - Sep 24 with 1448 viewsblaine_scfc

Four at the back with two holding midfielders.

The way I see it, we are going to concede anyway, we need to nick a goal somehow, playing 5 at the back will completely nullify us.
Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 10:39 - Sep 24 with 1444 viewstomdickharry

Don't really think Guiod knows what his best team is, we are still in a trial and error process therefore think he will revert to 451 and hope for the best,Fabianski and 10 others.
Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 10:42 - Sep 24 with 1434 viewsPrivate_Partz

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 10:38 - Sep 24 by blaine_scfc

Four at the back with two holding midfielders.

The way I see it, we are going to concede anyway, we need to nick a goal somehow, playing 5 at the back will completely nullify us.

I don't think we would go 90 mins with 5 at the back. I think it is there to nullify them initially and then go for it late on.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 10:46 - Sep 24 with 1412 viewsPrivate_Partz

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 10:39 - Sep 24 by tomdickharry

Don't really think Guiod knows what his best team is, we are still in a trial and error process therefore think he will revert to 451 and hope for the best,Fabianski and 10 others.

I think he know what he wants but has not got the players to achieve it. He also has a couple of dissenters and others off form. He is has got one mother of a job on at the moment. Having been put in this situation there is no better time to experiment than against the big boys, when points are a bonus, than against the Palaces and West Broms. I hope we have a more settled look about us by then. December is crucial month for all of us.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2016 10:47]

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 10:47 - Sep 24 with 1409 viewsLoyal

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 09:18 - Sep 24 by porschejack

I'd go 10 at the back and keep the score down to 8 nil , goal diff might be the diff at the end of the season.

Nobody ever really batters us, bar one or two exceptions. Have a look at Stoke, not Swansea.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 10:52 - Sep 24 with 1396 viewsjack247

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 10:16 - Sep 24 by KulusBeatFactory

Based on 5 at the back, I'd probably go

Fab
Amat VdH Fed
Naughton Leon Kingsley
Fer Siggy
Llorente Baston

Like most, I don't know how good Mawson is, but have to admit I'd be tempted to play him instead of Fed. Toss up between Rangel and Naughton.

I'd have all three wingers on the bench, plus Cork, Rangel and Mawson.

The full backs would have to get forward as often as possible and Leon and Fer would have to balance covering them with supporting the attacking players.
Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 11:29 - Sep 24 with 1308 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 10:52 - Sep 24 by jack247

Based on 5 at the back, I'd probably go

Fab
Amat VdH Fed
Naughton Leon Kingsley
Fer Siggy
Llorente Baston

Like most, I don't know how good Mawson is, but have to admit I'd be tempted to play him instead of Fed. Toss up between Rangel and Naughton.

I'd have all three wingers on the bench, plus Cork, Rangel and Mawson.

The full backs would have to get forward as often as possible and Leon and Fer would have to balance covering them with supporting the attacking players.

Id go for that

2 up top

Go for it guidolin

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 11:37 - Sep 24 with 1283 viewsjack247

Pep expects Swansea to play 5 at the back on 11:29 - Sep 24 by oh_tommy_tommy

Id go for that

2 up top

Go for it guidolin

I just don't see how we are going to get the best out of Llorente in particular, but probably Baston as well, if they are up front on their own.

No wingers is hardly ideal, but I think I'd prefer it to a 442.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024