Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Atmosphere 12:15 - Oct 30 with 3238 viewsRAFC_1990

Good against Bury poor against Oldham.
- Where was the drum?
- How do we improve the atmosphere at Spotland?
- Does anyone care?

I think it makes the Spotland experience when we get a decent atmosphere going, Its a football ground and I think a decent atmosphere will get fans more excited and coming back more regularly.

I think we need to make it an exciting experience to come to Spotland, I think sometimes especially if its a poor game it can be quite boring and its hardly going to entice people back.

We need to re invent Rochdale AFC, and we are doing it on the pitch. There are plenty of other places and things to be doing on a Saturday afternoon, we need to make people excited and want to come to Spotland.

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Atmosphere on 12:42 - Oct 30 with 3176 viewsaleanddale

Wins will do that...

We are turning the oil tanker slow but sure!!

Big next home game v Swindon... We need to get every one of the 3200 home fans from yesterday back plus some!!

That's the biggest challenge getting to 3500 home fans on a regular basis...
Atmosphere on 12:43 - Oct 30 with 3177 viewsfunkkk

Been done to death on here, main issue is the singers are spread out across the ground. I don't think that's going to change unfortunately.
Atmosphere on 12:45 - Oct 30 with 3164 views442Dale

Atmosphere on 12:42 - Oct 30 by aleanddale

Wins will do that...

We are turning the oil tanker slow but sure!!

Big next home game v Swindon... We need to get every one of the 3200 home fans from yesterday back plus some!!

That's the biggest challenge getting to 3500 home fans on a regular basis...

If we get 2600 back it'll be good.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Atmosphere on 12:47 - Oct 30 with 3158 viewsaleanddale

Atmosphere on 12:45 - Oct 30 by 442Dale

If we get 2600 back it'll be good.

How can we lose 600 between yesterday and Swindon?

Do people really pick and choose to that extent?
Atmosphere on 13:07 - Oct 30 with 3111 viewsdingdangblue

Oldham were noisy! But lets face it we aren't that great (atmosphere wise) even if they weren't. It doesn't bother me in the slightest - I think a little of it was most probably nervousness from us yesterday - after 2 defeats we were desperate to win and a 1-0 scoreline is never the best to calm nerves. Like I said it doesn't really bother me too much - I'd rather they win the noisiest crowd contest and we win the 3 points.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Atmosphere on 13:08 - Oct 30 with 3107 viewsboromat

I never understand why the Oldham brigade go and sit near the Pearl Street. I think the atmosphere would have been a little better if they would have been near the Sandy.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Atmosphere on 13:14 - Oct 30 with 3095 viewsD_Alien

It was difficult to generate much atmosphere in the home stands - at least until the latter stages when the Oldham lot seemed to start turning on their own team - due to the exceptional noise they generated; that's partly down to ground acoustics

I'm sure I'm not the only one who found the constant, repetitive racket bloody irritating, and not just because it was away support but quite simply because it was mindless

Does repeatedly chanting "You're just a town full of paedos" confer a sporting advantage on their team, or add to the atmosphere? Whilst admirable in a limited sense for their tenacity in making noise, what did it achieve?

It's not great having home support drowned out, and we do need to generate more atmosphere - I'm not disputing that. Let's just not think that downing more ale than you can handle and making any sort of noise is the answer.

I liked our drum when it was being banged from the Sandy, but was glad it was the sound of a distant drum. That's fine if that's your stand of choice, and it used to be mine for probably 30 years.

Just to add, when Oldham got the ball in the net and their fans started celebrating, they made themselves look even more stupid than they were because they simply weren't watching the game. If they were, they'd have seen the flag several seconds before the ball was poked into the net as a token gesture. That's sometimes the price to be paid for concentrating on making a racket. No, we don't want a crap atmosphere but let's get that balance right.

[Post edited 30 Oct 2016 13:22]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Atmosphere on 13:41 - Oct 30 with 3024 views_dezzy

Atmosphere on 12:47 - Oct 30 by aleanddale

Yes

KHBA

Login to get fewer ads

Atmosphere on 13:53 - Oct 30 with 2985 viewsroccydaleian

Depends on the team sheet.
Atmosphere on 14:00 - Oct 30 with 2966 viewsColDale

Don't think it helped having three derbies on the trot.
Atmosphere on 14:19 - Oct 30 with 2919 viewsDaveDave

Atmosphere on 14:00 - Oct 30 by ColDale

Don't think it helped having three derbies on the trot.

Three derbies in which we didn't concede any goals.

Atmosphere on 14:28 - Oct 30 with 2875 views442Dale

We lost about 300 since Bury, so it's clear that yes, people do. This is where the £100 ST will hopefully come into play - maintaining a consistent attendance. Then once more are attending regularly, others will hopefully do the same.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Atmosphere on 15:00 - Oct 30 with 2783 viewsDannyG_RAFC

we can accomadate 6500+ home fans, my opinion is shut the away stand and let away fans have pearl street.
Atmosphere on 15:18 - Oct 30 with 2733 viewsKenBoon

Atmosphere on 13:08 - Oct 30 by boromat

I never understand why the Oldham brigade go and sit near the Pearl Street. I think the atmosphere would have been a little better if they would have been near the Sandy.

Because the Pearl Street stand is bigger and louder when it opens it's mouth.
Atmosphere on 20:50 - Oct 30 with 2345 viewsSandyDrum

Unfortunately due to very urgent and very last minute work commitments I was unable to attend the game yesterday hence the absent drum.

It will be back the next home game, my apologies for this!

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Atmosphere on 23:07 - Oct 30 with 2196 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Atmosphere on 20:50 - Oct 30 by SandyDrum

Unfortunately due to very urgent and very last minute work commitments I was unable to attend the game yesterday hence the absent drum.

It will be back the next home game, my apologies for this!

Good man........"Let's hear some noise"
Atmosphere on 01:35 - Oct 31 with 2112 viewsjokerthief

All ticket is ridiculous, i know of @ least 6 people who did not go because of this.
Atmosphere on 01:47 - Oct 31 with 2106 viewsAtThePeake

Atmosphere on 01:35 - Oct 31 by jokerthief

All ticket is ridiculous, i know of @ least 6 people who did not go because of this.

But you could get tickets on the day? They didn't go because they didn't want to queue for a ticket for 5 minutes?

Tangled up in blue.

Atmosphere on 10:13 - Oct 31 with 1916 viewsdingdangblue

No excuse. Poor that.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Atmosphere on 11:20 - Oct 31 with 1839 viewsD_Alien

Wrong thread, wrong-headed, just wrong

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Atmosphere on 11:23 - Oct 31 with 1837 viewsTVOS1907

Of course you do.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024