Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Thompson 21:09 - Nov 12 with 6124 viewsRAFC_1990

[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 18:12]

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Joe Thompson on 21:20 - Nov 12 with 4847 viewslove_the_dale

He didn't play too well today, but in his previous appearances in his second spell, he has looked a far better player than before. I have to say we may be looking for scapegoats after a 0 - 4 defeat, and that is not the name of the game as far as I am concerned. In Hill I trust. :)
[Post edited 12 Nov 2016 21:22]
Joe Thompson on 21:28 - Nov 12 with 4809 viewsdale4ever

He wasn't great today but why scapegoat him? There's a few who weren't great today. Overall his performances this season have been much better than his last spell here.
Joe Thompson on 21:33 - Nov 12 with 4779 views442Dale

It's not that he was that poor today, or that he's been that good previously this season , he's played at a similar level of consistency for his whole career.

Do I believe he's good enough to be starting games in L1? Far from it. Do I understand why he is? Yes.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Joe Thompson on 21:49 - Nov 12 with 4729 viewsonedalefan

BBC Radio Eyre were amazed when he wasn't the player sacrificed after the Canavan sending off!
Joe Thompson on 22:09 - Nov 12 with 4673 viewsdingdangblue

Ah yes, the old 'Joe Thompson is shite' thread when we lose. Welcome back Joe.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Joe Thompson on 00:40 - Nov 13 with 4441 viewslove_the_dale

I meant to minus the OP, not plus it. Sorry.
Joe Thompson on 00:45 - Nov 13 with 4433 viewsBingoballs

Couldn't understand why we're backs to the wall Hilly takes Raff off and plays Thompson at right back.
Joe Thompson on 01:47 - Nov 13 with 4404 viewsDaley_Lama

Please please please scapegoaters, go and support another team.

RAFC has had the best decade of it's career and sat hiding in the shadows are individuals who jump out and post OP posts like this.

I'd rather do without you in the same way you would rather do without JT.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Thompson on 07:36 - Nov 13 with 4315 viewsfitzochris

Joe Thompson on 21:49 - Nov 12 by onedalefan

BBC Radio Eyre were amazed when he wasn't the player sacrificed after the Canavan sending off!

Bit harsh. It sounded like a suggestion rather than amazement to me.

Also, Eyre gave Thompson one of those mock award thingies pre match for the way he's battled back to League One football following illness.

I was talking about my dislike of sycophantic posts on another thread, well the OP here is the kind I dislike at the other end of the scale.

No need.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Joe Thompson on 09:01 - Nov 13 with 4185 viewssandy_dale

Joe Thompson on 22:09 - Nov 12 by dingdangblue

It's great that only a select few on here can criticise without it being wrong
Joe Thompson on 09:12 - Nov 13 with 4163 views442Dale

Joe Thompson on 09:01 - Nov 13 by sandy_dale

I think sometimes it's down to the terminology used. There is nothing wrong with expressing an opinion that a particular player isn't good enough, especially when it can be backed up with evidence ie. the player's performances. It's just that when a post comes over as a personal attack, it'll be challenged.

I thought Thompson looked way off the pace yesterday, with his part in the first goal illustrating that perfectly.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Joe Thompson on 09:34 - Nov 13 with 4111 viewsDaley_Lama

It's not criticism, it's absolute abuse where it is not needed.

Joe Thompson is stealing a wage.
RNL is stealing a wage

Fact is that both of these players were signed by Chris Dunphy and Keith Hill. They are employees of RAFC. They do not choose where to play or when to play, Keith Hill does that.

They do not choose that other players get in ahead of them, Keith Hill does that.Neither player is an obvious first XI player, everybody gets that.

If the OP had simply said 'JT played s*** today' I would have no problems.

Poll: DF in or out

Joe Thompson on 09:41 - Nov 13 with 4094 viewsdingdangblue

'Why do we let him steal a living off us year after year?'

I'm sorry but that's not criticising - that's not being critical of a bad day at Bradford, thats personal - and not even correct! He's been away from the club for what? 4 or 5 years? Its pathetic.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Joe Thompson on 10:24 - Nov 13 with 4032 views1907

Yesterday was just one of those days for me. Thompson didn't have a good game at all, however I would say he's had a very positive season so far and is a useful player to have in the squad. We're down to absolute bones at the minute so we could just do with sticking together through this rough patch
Joe Thompson on 12:13 - Nov 13 with 3939 viewsmacro

On the other hand without JT and RNL they'd have been two more inexperienced players yesterday. Yes yesterday was his worst performance in this spell but JT hasn't played badly recently.
Joe Thompson on 12:30 - Nov 13 with 3916 viewsColDale

Joe Thompson on 09:34 - Nov 13 by Daley_Lama

It's not criticism, it's absolute abuse where it is not needed.

Joe Thompson is stealing a wage.
RNL is stealing a wage

Fact is that both of these players were signed by Chris Dunphy and Keith Hill. They are employees of RAFC. They do not choose where to play or when to play, Keith Hill does that.

They do not choose that other players get in ahead of them, Keith Hill does that.Neither player is an obvious first XI player, everybody gets that.

If the OP had simply said 'JT played s*** today' I would have no problems.

When it became clear RNL was coming on, I thought it made sense to take Thompson off as he hadn't got into the game.

This is how much he is stealing a wage. Before yesterday, I think he'd started seven games for us and we'd won six of them. Was he ever motm? No, but he played his part in all of those games (not much in the Southend win) and the abuse rather than the criticism is aimed at his first spell rather than anything that he's done second time round.

And it's always worth considering that he played yesterday because we could not play the likes of Hendo, Calvin, Vincenti and possibly others ahead of him.
Joe Thompson on 13:58 - Nov 13 with 3823 views1949er

Just watched Goal Rush with Thompson accompanying the Bradford player to the bye line before he crossed for Clarke to score.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Joe Thompson on 17:55 - Nov 13 with 3627 viewsbocadave

Joe Thompson on 01:47 - Nov 13 by Daley_Lama

Please please please scapegoaters, go and support another team.

RAFC has had the best decade of it's career and sat hiding in the shadows are individuals who jump out and post OP posts like this.

I'd rather do without you in the same way you would rather do without JT.

Spot on Lama.
Joe Thompson on 20:45 - Nov 13 with 3483 viewspaulscho

We looked great for about32 minutes,fell to bits after that .
Get off Jt back nobody apart from Andy Cannon really showed to much.
just a bad day at the office with bare bones I'm afraid.

livinginadalewonderland

Joe Thompson on 21:04 - Nov 13 with 3437 viewslove_the_dale

Joe Thompson on 13:58 - Nov 13 by 1949er

Just watched Goal Rush with Thompson accompanying the Bradford player to the bye line before he crossed for Clarke to score.

I watched it too. Strange how two people can have two totally views of the same action. It was nowhere near the byline and I don't know what you saw that prompted the word 'accompanied' :) If we had scored that goal, it would have been 'fantastic cross and a brilliant header'!

We outplayed them for at least half the game, had some bad luck and they scored good goals. A couple of years ago, it was a mirror image :) It's known as 'sport' :)
Joe Thompson on 21:58 - Nov 13 with 3352 viewsTVOS1907

Joe Thompson on 21:04 - Nov 13 by love_the_dale

I watched it too. Strange how two people can have two totally views of the same action. It was nowhere near the byline and I don't know what you saw that prompted the word 'accompanied' :) If we had scored that goal, it would have been 'fantastic cross and a brilliant header'!

We outplayed them for at least half the game, had some bad luck and they scored good goals. A couple of years ago, it was a mirror image :) It's known as 'sport' :)

The first goal (scored by Clarke) wasn't a header.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Joe Thompson on 23:15 - Nov 13 with 3274 viewslove_the_dale

Joe Thompson on 21:58 - Nov 13 by TVOS1907

The first goal (scored by Clarke) wasn't a header.

You are absolutely correct. I thought the post was referring to the second goal. Please substitute 'shot' for 'header' in my post. Thank you :) My comments will equally well apply to both goals.
Joe Thompson on 10:13 - Nov 14 with 3114 viewsParkinsGimp

Joe Thompson on 22:09 - Nov 12 by dingdangblue

DDB he is shite, nobody can deny that. I didnt go Saturday so couldnt watch him , but he was woeful for the first goal let the guy turn him inside out twice then no attempt to stop him. He was also in the ineffective wall for the fourth. He really isnt good enough, never has been in my opinion, if Barrow didnt want him it says volumes. The matches I've seen him play he has been useless.
Joe Thompson on 10:17 - Nov 14 with 3106 viewsmoth5368

Joe Thompson on 10:13 - Nov 14 by ParkinsGimp

DDB he is shite, nobody can deny that. I didnt go Saturday so couldnt watch him , but he was woeful for the first goal let the guy turn him inside out twice then no attempt to stop him. He was also in the ineffective wall for the fourth. He really isnt good enough, never has been in my opinion, if Barrow didnt want him it says volumes. The matches I've seen him play he has been useless.

I can deny that.
Joe Thompson on 10:42 - Nov 14 with 3078 viewsdingdangblue

Joe Thompson on 10:13 - Nov 14 by ParkinsGimp

And Calvin is shite, and Bunney is shite..............

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024