Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Form is temporary - Class is permanent 00:01 - Dec 27 with 13817 viewsLaveritty

To use Andy Gray on Sky Sports' words - Take a bow Ian Henderson

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 00:07 - Dec 27 with 7438 viewsYorkshire_Dale

My son asked me what a "worldy" was.......I showed him today's highlights.

Happy New Year Mr Henderson.
Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 00:41 - Dec 27 with 7370 viewsboromat

After all the easy ones he's missed recently I was ki d of expecting something special to come along, boy did he deliver!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 01:44 - Dec 27 with 7298 viewsolympicdale

Hendo proved today, why he is our talisman. Class personified.

Life is a game of fate.

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 02:11 - Dec 27 with 7276 viewssweetcorn

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 01:44 - Dec 27 by olympicdale

Hendo proved today, why he is our talisman. Class personified.

How times change . . Correct me if im wrong but not too long ago you were questioning his place at club?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 08:26 - Dec 27 with 7115 viewsrkershaw

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 02:11 - Dec 27 by sweetcorn

How times change . . Correct me if im wrong but not too long ago you were questioning his place at club?

The nonchalant finish and coquettish celebration reminded me very much of Mr Cantona's skill and swagger. Not everybody's cup of tea at the club with his sometimes petulant behaviour. Still, it's that very same petulance that makes him the outstanding player that he undoubtedly is. He received an immediate yellow card after Davies had fluffed his lines with the penalty (like a naughty schoolboy in the playground who'd had the ball taken off him). However, what he conjured up in the 44th minute was the work of an extremely talented man!!
[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 8:31]
Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 09:19 - Dec 27 with 6992 viewsLaveritty

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 08:26 - Dec 27 by rkershaw

The nonchalant finish and coquettish celebration reminded me very much of Mr Cantona's skill and swagger. Not everybody's cup of tea at the club with his sometimes petulant behaviour. Still, it's that very same petulance that makes him the outstanding player that he undoubtedly is. He received an immediate yellow card after Davies had fluffed his lines with the penalty (like a naughty schoolboy in the playground who'd had the ball taken off him). However, what he conjured up in the 44th minute was the work of an extremely talented man!!
[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 8:31]

And it's not the first time he has shown such brilliance. Remember his goal in the Leeds game (as if anybody could forget it?) and away at Exeter. The guy is pure class and that is why he will always be included in Keith Hill's team even when he has had, by his standards, a little dip in form. Yes he can sometimes frustrate with his petulance but moments like yesterday more than compensate for the indiscretions! One of the most skilful players to have ever appeared for Dale - would anybody argue against that? Any nominations for who would be above him in a list of skilful players?

BTW - Coquettish - love that description of him and the celebration! I would have gone for nonchalant but I bow to RKershaw's talents as a wordsmith!

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 09:41 - Dec 27 with 6914 viewsAtThePeake

An incredible goal and an important brace for Hendro but a couple of things I disagree with in this thread.

I don't think he needs the petulance in his game to be the great player that he can be. He still has the ability to score goals like the one he scored yesterday without picking up idiotic red cards for retaliation.

Also, I think 'a little dip in form' is an understatement to say the least. I think Hendo has been pretty much sub-par for about 12 months now. Hopefully yesterday signals the end of that and he can start performing at his brilliant best.

Tangled up in blue.

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 09:42 - Dec 27 with 6910 viewsrkershaw

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 09:19 - Dec 27 by Laveritty

And it's not the first time he has shown such brilliance. Remember his goal in the Leeds game (as if anybody could forget it?) and away at Exeter. The guy is pure class and that is why he will always be included in Keith Hill's team even when he has had, by his standards, a little dip in form. Yes he can sometimes frustrate with his petulance but moments like yesterday more than compensate for the indiscretions! One of the most skilful players to have ever appeared for Dale - would anybody argue against that? Any nominations for who would be above him in a list of skilful players?

BTW - Coquettish - love that description of him and the celebration! I would have gone for nonchalant but I bow to RKershaw's talents as a wordsmith!

Saw the famous Cantona goal recently on Scott Hogan's Twitter account.....can anybody copy it from youtube and put it side by side with the Hendo effort to compare the two??
[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 9:44]
Login to get fewer ads

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 09:45 - Dec 27 with 6892 viewsaleanddale

What a goal!! Perfect time to score as well..

Agree with the thread title and Hendo really is a class act.

We roll onto Friday now - more of the same please.. These lads just ooze confidence at the moment.

6-0 would not have looked out of place yesterday ( missed pen and an open goal )

Chesterfield look like they have big problems on the pitch as well as off it.
Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 10:33 - Dec 27 with 6769 viewsD_Alien

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 09:41 - Dec 27 by AtThePeake

An incredible goal and an important brace for Hendro but a couple of things I disagree with in this thread.

I don't think he needs the petulance in his game to be the great player that he can be. He still has the ability to score goals like the one he scored yesterday without picking up idiotic red cards for retaliation.

Also, I think 'a little dip in form' is an understatement to say the least. I think Hendo has been pretty much sub-par for about 12 months now. Hopefully yesterday signals the end of that and he can start performing at his brilliant best.

You'll probably be horrified to hear it, but those are my thoughts exactly

It does take a certain amount of arrogance* to believe you can hit the far top corner without first taking a touch but there's nothing wrong with that. After his yellow my fear was he wouldn't stay on the pitch long enough to show us what he's capable of, which has always been the basis of any criticism I've made of him

I think having Camps as captain has also helped him, since he's no longer getting involved in every little issue between players and the ref

* that can only happen when you have the skill to execute it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 10:59 - Dec 27 with 6681 viewsDaley_Lama

As Boyson was having 'one of those games' I was relieved that Hendo didn't get a second yellow for kicking the ball away in the second half.

Rathbone got one not long after for the same thing.

After the penalty miss and lots of pressure but not lots of threat, that piece of magic just before HT was worth it's weight in gold.

I didn't see it however as i was in the queue for pies (sold out) Damn you big crowds!

Poll: DF in or out

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 11:18 - Dec 27 with 6612 viewsAtThePeake

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 10:33 - Dec 27 by D_Alien

You'll probably be horrified to hear it, but those are my thoughts exactly

It does take a certain amount of arrogance* to believe you can hit the far top corner without first taking a touch but there's nothing wrong with that. After his yellow my fear was he wouldn't stay on the pitch long enough to show us what he's capable of, which has always been the basis of any criticism I've made of him

I think having Camps as captain has also helped him, since he's no longer getting involved in every little issue between players and the ref

* that can only happen when you have the skill to execute it

How can you agree with that load of tosh?! I even spelt Hendo wrong for god's sake.

Tangled up in blue.

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 11:22 - Dec 27 with 6592 viewsLaveritty

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 10:59 - Dec 27 by Daley_Lama

As Boyson was having 'one of those games' I was relieved that Hendo didn't get a second yellow for kicking the ball away in the second half.

After the penalty miss and lots of pressure but not lots of threat, that piece of magic just before HT was worth it's weight in gold.

I didn't see it however as i was in the queue for pies (sold out) Damn you big crowds!

Never understand the thinking of a ref who books a player for timewasting when his team is 3-0 up with 3 minutes left to play? Fully agree with it when a team is hanging on at 1-0 and a player boots the ball away but the concept of time wasting is surely not relevant in this situation?

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 11:41 - Dec 27 with 6521 viewsD_Alien

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 11:18 - Dec 27 by AtThePeake

How can you agree with that load of tosh?! I even spelt Hendo wrong for god's sake.

Typos are temporary, trash is permanent?

But not in your case, I hasten to add!

[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 11:48]

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 12:10 - Dec 27 with 6441 viewsD_Alien

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 11:22 - Dec 27 by Laveritty

Never understand the thinking of a ref who books a player for timewasting when his team is 3-0 up with 3 minutes left to play? Fully agree with it when a team is hanging on at 1-0 and a player boots the ball away but the concept of time wasting is surely not relevant in this situation?

I know what you mean, but surely the "boot" is on the other foot?

Why does a footballer kick the ball away when 3-0 up? Deserves a booking just for being that petty!

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 12:20 - Dec 27 with 6412 viewsColDale

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 10:59 - Dec 27 by Daley_Lama

wasnt sure Rathbone's was time wasting. It was given for that but he'd passed it directly to their keeper and probably saved time in doing so. Poor decision by Boyesen.
Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 12:33 - Dec 27 with 6382 viewsmacro

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 12:20 - Dec 27 by ColDale

wasnt sure Rathbone's was time wasting. It was given for that but he'd passed it directly to their keeper and probably saved time in doing so. Poor decision by Boyesen.

Rathbone kicked the ball away, he could have just given it to the Chesterfield players. To the letter of the law a yellow. Had to agree with that one
Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 14:25 - Dec 27 with 6194 viewsolympicdale

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 02:11 - Dec 27 by sweetcorn

True, but I've never questioned his class, but his petulance behaviour, which has been toned down.

Life is a game of fate.

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 14:54 - Dec 27 with 6109 viewssoulboy

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 09:41 - Dec 27 by AtThePeake

One of the "idiotic red cards" he picked up for retaliation was at Wigan last season when he was the victim of an appalling challenge, prompting the club to appeal against it
Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 14:59 - Dec 27 with 6089 views442Dale

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 14:54 - Dec 27 by soulboy

One of the "idiotic red cards" he picked up for retaliation was at Wigan last season when he was the victim of an appalling challenge, prompting the club to appeal against it

Which was a waste of time seeing as though we based that appeal on the actions of another player rather than that of our own (although it was admitted he could have got one of two red cards!)

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11719/10223586/rochdale-appeal-against-ia

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 15:00 - Dec 27 with 6085 viewssoulboy

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 09:19 - Dec 27 by Laveritty

In my opinion Hendo is THE most skillful player ever to play for us. He has set such a high standard since we signed him, his occasional dip in form is still equal to many players peak form.
Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 15:04 - Dec 27 with 6071 viewsAtThePeake

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 14:54 - Dec 27 by soulboy

Many of our players have been on the receiving end of appalling challenges. Not many have reacted in a way that ultimately let the rest of the team down in a game they had a real chance of taking something from.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2016 15:13]

Tangled up in blue.

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 15:08 - Dec 27 with 6051 viewssoulboy

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 14:59 - Dec 27 by 442Dale

Which was a waste of time seeing as though we based that appeal on the actions of another player rather than that of our own (although it was admitted he could have got one of two red cards!)

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11719/10223586/rochdale-appeal-against-ia

The club didnt think appealing was a waste of time, regardless of how it was based.
Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 15:11 - Dec 27 with 6037 views442Dale

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 15:08 - Dec 27 by soulboy

The club didnt think appealing was a waste of time, regardless of how it was based.

No they didn't. But it was.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 15:17 - Dec 27 with 6005 viewssoulboy

Form is temporary - Class is permanent on 15:04 - Dec 27 by AtThePeake

Many of our players have been on the receiving end of appalling challenges. Not many have reacted in a way that ultimately let the rest of the team down in a game they had a real chance of taking something from.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2016 15:13]

Every player who gets sent off either justifiably or not lets the team down, but there dozens who have got sent off in games we could have got something from, think Joe Cooke boxing day 1985 Edgeley Park to name just one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024