Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morley 21:16 - Jan 2 with 4509 viewssandy_dale

Unsure if this has been mentioned on another thread but wolves have bid for Morley apparently.
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/02/por-wolves-bid-for-rochdale-starlet-morley/
Morley on 21:18 - Jan 2 with 4467 viewsDaleaholic

Just seen it on Twitter.

Hopefully just rumours. Would like to think Aaron can see beyond 'Wolves' and appreciate the fact he will develop under Keith Hill.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Morley on 21:19 - Jan 2 with 4431 viewssandy_dale

Morley on 21:18 - Jan 2 by Daleaholic

Just seen it on Twitter.

Hopefully just rumours. Would like to think Aaron can see beyond 'Wolves' and appreciate the fact he will develop under Keith Hill.

Well, young Conor Ronan saw wolves as a good move and has done absolutely fantastic there thus far. Can't see why this wouldn't be a good move for a young lad. As long as the money is right for us.
Morley on 21:20 - Jan 2 with 4428 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Aaron, have a word with Ollie.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Morley on 21:25 - Jan 2 with 4344 viewsRoChDaLe

Morley on 21:19 - Jan 2 by sandy_dale

Well, young Conor Ronan saw wolves as a good move and has done absolutely fantastic there thus far. Can't see why this wouldn't be a good move for a young lad. As long as the money is right for us.

Yeah but you've hit the nail on the head there. He's done 'absolutely fantastic' but yet only featured for 9 minutes in the first team? You can only dominate youth level games for so long before it becomes a hindrance to progression.

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Morley on 21:25 - Jan 2 with 4344 viewsboromat

Morley on 21:19 - Jan 2 by sandy_dale

Has Conor done fantastic? Made his first start for them today if I'm not mistaken how many professional starts would he have had if he had stayed with us?

A matter of perspective I suppose maybe he's made more money at wolves and found it easier to get into the Irish setup.

If I was Aaron I'd stay and get as much game time as possible in what is currently a successful team.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Morley on 21:38 - Jan 2 with 4209 viewsDaley_Lama

Oi Wolves.

Go get your own youth programme and stop poaching ours.

15M price tag please Mr Dunphy.

Poll: DF in or out

Morley on 21:50 - Jan 2 with 4094 viewsdingdangblue

Morley on 21:25 - Jan 2 by boromat

Has Conor done fantastic? Made his first start for them today if I'm not mistaken how many professional starts would he have had if he had stayed with us?

A matter of perspective I suppose maybe he's made more money at wolves and found it easier to get into the Irish setup.

If I was Aaron I'd stay and get as much game time as possible in what is currently a successful team.

Yes he has done fantastic. Captain of U23's at 18. 1st team start infront of 30,000 at Hillsborough today and by all accounts was superb. A very bright future. Now I'm not saying a move to Wolves for Morley would turn out the same but you could easily understand why they would be interested in him and why he could choose to leave.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Morley on 23:29 - Jan 2 with 3744 viewsShun

On a positive note, if this transfer does go through - I hope it doesn't - then this coupled with the Ronan signing means we might just start to develop a relationship with Wolves where they see us as a good place to send their best youngsters on loan. Hopefully.
Login to get fewer ads

Morley on 23:36 - Jan 2 with 3694 viewsR17ALE

Morley on 23:29 - Jan 2 by Shun

On a positive note, if this transfer does go through - I hope it doesn't - then this coupled with the Ronan signing means we might just start to develop a relationship with Wolves where they see us as a good place to send their best youngsters on loan. Hopefully.

I'm not sure you've thought that through young shun.

If Wolves' youngsters are worse than ours, which you'd assume they are if they try to sign our best youngsters, then why would you want to develop a relationship with a club where we get their youngsters who seemingly aren't as good the ones we already have?

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Morley on 23:46 - Jan 2 with 3646 viewsShun

Morley on 23:36 - Jan 2 by R17ALE

If Wolves' youngsters are worse than ours, which you'd assume they are if they try to sign our best youngsters, then why would you want to develop a relationship with a club where we get their youngsters who seemingly aren't as good the ones we already have?

You're absolutely right of course!
Maybe not youngsters then, but perhaps out of favour players who they want to loan out.
Morley on 23:57 - Jan 2 with 3608 viewsjoecooke

Morley on 23:36 - Jan 2 by R17ALE

Unfortunately the whole purchasing of youth age players is wholly geared up to anyone paying the bare minimum up till they are 15 years old and when they are targetted by a perceived or just a bigger club,we will struggle too compete to keep our home grown talent.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Morley on 00:32 - Jan 3 with 3532 views100notout

When is Aaron 17? Then we can hopefully get him signed up on his first professional contract

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Morley on 09:17 - Jan 3 with 3208 viewsColDale

I'm guessing Hilly will sit down with Aaron's Dad and will set out his plans for him for the next few years, and it will then be decided what is best for his future - a conversation I'm sure they routinely have. There's no doubting the faith that Hill has in him, and he has the right environment at Spotland to continue to develop.

They've clearly got a lot of things right at Wolves behind the scenes, but they are still a club that have a proven track record of changing managers - six in less than five years. What might be the plan for the lad in Jan 2017 might be out the window before the leaves are back on the trees. Whilst there is always the risk of Hilly going on to bigger and better things, at least Hilly's plan for his development will not get ripped up by a 3rd party or by pressures for immediate success.
Morley on 15:05 - Jan 4 with 2637 viewssandy_dale

Morley on 21:25 - Jan 2 by boromat

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/02/jh-wolverhampton-wanderers-fans-rave-about-
Morley on 15:16 - Jan 4 with 2584 viewsdingdangblue

Morley on 09:17 - Jan 3 by ColDale

I'm guessing Hilly will sit down with Aaron's Dad and will set out his plans for him for the next few years, and it will then be decided what is best for his future - a conversation I'm sure they routinely have. There's no doubting the faith that Hill has in him, and he has the right environment at Spotland to continue to develop.

They've clearly got a lot of things right at Wolves behind the scenes, but they are still a club that have a proven track record of changing managers - six in less than five years. What might be the plan for the lad in Jan 2017 might be out the window before the leaves are back on the trees. Whilst there is always the risk of Hilly going on to bigger and better things, at least Hilly's plan for his development will not get ripped up by a 3rd party or by pressures for immediate success.

Certainly in the few month Zenga was there - none of the talented youth players were getting anywhere near the 1st team. A massive change since Lambert took over and in the last couple of weeks goalkeeper Burgoyne, forward Enobakhare and our Connor have all been given starts.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Morley on 15:23 - Jan 4 with 2547 viewsRoChDaLe

Morley on 15:16 - Jan 4 by dingdangblue

Certainly in the few month Zenga was there - none of the talented youth players were getting anywhere near the 1st team. A massive change since Lambert took over and in the last couple of weeks goalkeeper Burgoyne, forward Enobakhare and our Connor have all been given starts.

However Lambert has already said he's looking to overhaul the squad in this window or at least sign more than a few players. Is that showing faith in youth?

how is anthony elding still in league one?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024