Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch 12:48 - Feb 28 with 5796 viewsjackharris

Due to European Rugby insistence that the Ospreys match is to played on Sunday 2nd of April at 5.45pm, the match has been moved to the Principality Stadium.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 19:15 - Feb 28 with 1958 viewsdickythorpe

It'll suit the French side. Should be played at Llynfi Road.
Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 22:12 - Feb 28 with 1784 viewsTaffvalerowdy

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 18:39 - Feb 28 by bryncochjack

Even more to do with the fact that the t.v. deal insisted it was on 5.45 on Sunday.
Both the Swans and the Stadium company were willing for the liberty to be used on either Thursday or Friday.

I'm told the Ospreys asked the European Challenge Cup organisers to change it to the Thursday - they wouldn't
Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 22:28 - Feb 28 with 1744 viewsmorningstar

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 22:12 - Feb 28 by Taffvalerowdy

I'm told the Ospreys asked the European Challenge Cup organisers to change it to the Thursday - they wouldn't

I'm sure i speak for all Swans on here when i say i'm absolutely gutted about that. Ie who gives a fvck.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 22:33 - Feb 28 with 1723 viewsTaffvalerowdy

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 22:28 - Feb 28 by morningstar

I'm sure i speak for all Swans on here when i say i'm absolutely gutted about that. Ie who gives a fvck.

You don't speak for all Swans fans
[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 22:34]
Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 22:35 - Feb 28 with 1710 viewsraynor94

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 22:33 - Feb 28 by Taffvalerowdy

You don't speak for all Swans fans
[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 22:34]

I'd say he's talking about 99.9% Swans fans

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 06:52 - Mar 1 with 1563 viewsDr_Winston

Odd that one of the biggest club sides in our National Sport gets a match in a big European competition forcibly moved on just so a mere fooball team can play a league game against Middlesbrough.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 08:53 - Mar 1 with 1480 viewsswancity

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 06:52 - Mar 1 by Dr_Winston

Odd that one of the biggest club sides in our National Sport gets a match in a big European competition forcibly moved on just so a mere fooball team can play a league game against Middlesbrough.

Not odd. Premier League football gets stadium priority at this and any other stadium in the country that happens to share with rugby.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 09:08 - Mar 1 with 1464 viewsUppa_Swans

There's a fair chance Ospreys may get a decent crowd for that. Considering the catchment area stretches as far as Bridgend and includes Maesteg etc these places have better rail links to Cardiff. The city of Cardiff itself is more rugby than football as well so many will probably turn up on the day for the sake of it.
Login to get fewer ads

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 10:42 - Mar 1 with 1408 viewsDr_Winston

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 08:53 - Mar 1 by swancity

Not odd. Premier League football gets stadium priority at this and any other stadium in the country that happens to share with rugby.

Perhaps the least surprising "Whoosh!" of all time.

Cheers for my morning chuckle Neddy.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 09:14 - Mar 2 with 1208 viewsattila_the_hun

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 10:42 - Mar 1 by Dr_Winston

Perhaps the least surprising "Whoosh!" of all time.

Cheers for my morning chuckle Neddy.

This post has been edited by an administrator

until Swans get relegated and all the plastics stay at home

"I'm Free"

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 19:13 - Mar 2 with 1114 viewsWhiterockin

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 08:53 - Mar 1 by swancity

This is down to the funding/grant (that was provided by the FA?) to build the stadium in the first place.
Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 20:32 - Mar 2 with 1067 viewsTaffvalerowdy

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 19:13 - Mar 2 by Whiterockin

This is down to the funding/grant (that was provided by the FA?) to build the stadium in the first place.

The Pl & EFL demand that football matches take priority.

The Dragons were scheduled to play at home on the last day of their season but it clashes with a home fixture for Newport County.

Despite the Dragons owning Rodney Parade, they have to play elsewhere.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2017 22:10]
Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 20:45 - Mar 2 with 1051 viewsraynor94

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 09:14 - Mar 2 by attila_the_hun

until Swans get relegated and all the plastics stay at home

And the Swans would still get a bigger crowd

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 21:02 - Mar 2 with 1041 viewsDr_Winston

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 20:45 - Mar 2 by raynor94

And the Swans would still get a bigger crowd

And even if they didn't, the Ospreys would still have to move.

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 21:06 - Mar 2 with 1028 viewsBanosswan

Does football take priority due to more policing needed?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 21:09 - Mar 2 with 1021 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

All this bitterness for the Ospreys rugby team just because they share our ground is shallow.
Perch is right sometimes mind
Good luck to the Ospreys

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 10:50 - Mar 3 with 933 viewssherpajacob

There is nothing wrong with supporting both teams, I hope to be at both matches that day.

Incidentally does anyone know when the first Swans match to completely sell out at the liberty was?

I looked on Wiki under Liberty stadium and the first capacity attendance was for the Ospreys.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 10:53 - Mar 3 with 929 viewssiralan

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 10:50 - Mar 3 by sherpajacob

There is nothing wrong with supporting both teams, I hope to be at both matches that day.

Incidentally does anyone know when the first Swans match to completely sell out at the liberty was?

I looked on Wiki under Liberty stadium and the first capacity attendance was for the Ospreys.

No segregation in rugby.
Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 11:32 - Mar 3 with 907 viewssherpajacob

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 10:53 - Mar 3 by siralan

No segregation in rugby.

Not sure why the ospreys having no segregation, would have any bearing on the Swans selling every available seat for a game.

We sell out pretty much every game now, my question was when was the first time we did it?

I'm guessing it was in the championship.

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 11:34 - Mar 3 with 905 viewsraynor94

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 11:32 - Mar 3 by sherpajacob

Not sure why the ospreys having no segregation, would have any bearing on the Swans selling every available seat for a game.

We sell out pretty much every game now, my question was when was the first time we did it?

Wolves were the first to sell out the away end, I doubt we sold the home seats out though

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 13:52 - Mar 3 with 847 viewsattila_the_hun

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 11:32 - Mar 3 by sherpajacob

nah the premiership cuz all the plastics bought a season ticket so they could see Rooneys wig

"I'm Free"

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 14:59 - Mar 3 with 828 viewssherpajacob

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 13:52 - Mar 3 by attila_the_hun

nah the premiership cuz all the plastics bought a season ticket so they could see Rooneys wig

Fairly certain the Forest play off was a sell out.

We haven't sold tomorrow out yet.

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 09:44 - Mar 4 with 740 viewsWhiterockin

Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 10:50 - Mar 3 by sherpajacob

I have a feeling that the Leeds match in 2007 was a sell out. About 19,000 and I think that was our maximum in those days due to segregation.
Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 09:48 - Mar 4 with 734 viewsDafyddHuw

It's the egg. Fùck 'em.
Ospreys Move Match to the Millennium due to Swans Vs Middlesbrough Switch on 09:48 - Mar 4 with 734 viewsDr_Winston

First Swans match to sell out was the first evening game against Yeovil in 2005 I think. Certainly a 19,200 crowd there which was the initial capacity minus segregation wasn't it?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024