Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retained/released list 16:25 - May 3 with 14938 viewsDaleiLama

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afc-rochdale-dale-ret

As it's not long, here's the full version

Following the conclusion of the 2016-17 season, Manager Keith Hill has today confirmed his retained/ released list.

Out of contract players Conrad Logan, Matty Lund, Donal McDermott, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Reuben Noble-Lazarus and Joe Rafferty have all been offered new deals.

Matty Gillam has been offered his first professional contract.

Johny Diba and David Owusu, who are out of contract, will be leaving the club, while Jack Redshaw, Joel Taylor and Ben Wilson have returned to their parent clubs. We would like place on record our thanks to these players and wish them the very best of luck for the future.

All other players remain under contract.

.....................................................................................................................................
Donal maybe the biggest surprise - Keith obviously thinks there is more to come.
[Post edited 3 May 2017 16:28]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Retained/released list on 21:49 - May 7 with 2346 viewsseasidedale

If Nml goes would be too suprised ikelvin etuhu arrives at spotland at least on trial, he has turned up t dale and barnsley under him trouble is his injury recod
Retained/released list on 00:04 - May 8 with 2251 viewsShun

Retained/released list on 21:49 - May 7 by seasidedale

If Nml goes would be too suprised ikelvin etuhu arrives at spotland at least on trial, he has turned up t dale and barnsley under him trouble is his injury recod

I still remember Etuhu's debut at Wycombe. He only came on as a sub but scored and ran riot. In his brief spell with us I thought he was a brilliant player. Strong, fast, attacking, fearless - all the things that typified Hill's early days with us. I have no idea how he's done at Bury though.
Retained/released list on 08:21 - May 8 with 2127 viewsKnowlesy

Retained/released list on 00:04 - May 8 by Shun

I still remember Etuhu's debut at Wycombe. He only came on as a sub but scored and ran riot. In his brief spell with us I thought he was a brilliant player. Strong, fast, attacking, fearless - all the things that typified Hill's early days with us. I have no idea how he's done at Bury though.

From what I saw on Twitter they seemed pretty glad he was leaving - can't trust them lot to judge a player though! His injury record seems poor but as others have said may be worth a punt at least on trial / short term deal to prove his fitness etc.
Retained/released list on 10:58 - May 8 with 1999 viewsDaleiLama

Retained/released list on 10:35 - May 7 by D_Alien

tbf, I thought YD might've been comparing NML to a sleek two-door sports model

Or so cool he needed to served in an ice-cream glass?
Thought it was harsh referring to Shun as Shunt too?
[Post edited 8 May 2017 11:00]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Retained/released list on 11:11 - May 8 with 1971 viewsD_Alien

Retained/released list on 10:58 - May 8 by DaleiLama

Or so cool he needed to served in an ice-cream glass?
Thought it was harsh referring to Shun as Shunt too?
[Post edited 8 May 2017 11:00]

It's taken a while, but worth the wait after posting on a chilled Sundae!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Retained/released list on 12:49 - May 8 with 1786 viewskentishdale

Charlton looking at hendo.
Can't see it myself seems very settled.
Retained/released list on 13:24 - May 8 with 1716 viewsaleanddale

Retained/released list on 12:49 - May 8 by kentishdale

Million quid he can go....

Love Hendo to bits.. Did he not say he would finish his career at Dale???
Retained/released list on 13:30 - May 8 with 1703 viewsShun

Nah, you're alright Charlton. We'll keep him, thanks.
Login to get fewer ads

Retained/released list on 13:33 - May 8 with 1689 viewsShun

Looking at that picture, is Jack just taking a minimalist approach to squad numbers now?
Retained/released list on 13:36 - May 8 with 1678 viewsFrog

Retained/released list on 13:24 - May 8 by aleanddale

Million quid he can go....

Love Hendo to bits.. Did he not say he would finish his career at Dale???

I remember him saying that too, but money can be a great temptation to most people.
Retained/released list on 14:17 - May 8 with 1584 viewsD_BFC

Retained/released list on 08:21 - May 8 by Knowlesy

From what I saw on Twitter they seemed pretty glad he was leaving - can't trust them lot to judge a player though! His injury record seems poor but as others have said may be worth a punt at least on trial / short term deal to prove his fitness etc.

Etuhu tended to be the anchorman in our midfield so we never saw the attacking side to his game and it's safe to say he never ran riot for us.

He was excellent in that holding role in our League 2 promotion season but bad injuries last season and the general sense that he couldn't be arsed in his brief appearances this season have seen his demise.

Could still do a job at this level but can't see him as a replacement for NML as alluded to in one of the earlier posts.
Retained/released list on 14:36 - May 8 with 1558 views100notout

like hendo but certainly wouldn't regard him as irreplaceable - would be on a big wage too.

Matt Done as a possible replacement?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Retained/released list on 15:19 - May 8 with 1486 viewsSaxonDale

In spells last season Hendo showed why he can still be such an important player for us at this level, however other performances suggested that if he were to get a decent bid he's not as irreplaceable as he was 2,3 seasons ago.

Given the choice would you rather NML or Hendo start in a Dale shirt next season? NML this last third of the season has been unplayable by all accounts, but you only need to see McDermott's form this season to show that it's not as easy as it looks being consistent in this division. Hendo, despite up and down patches in form, has been very consistent with the number of goals he's chipped in for us over the last few seasons.
Retained/released list on 17:01 - May 8 with 1332 viewsoff2div1

Hendo may have flooded the north with his Herbalife products so a move down south would be a whole new market for him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024