Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New signing 12:51 - Jun 28 with 10653 viewsfitzochris

New signing imminent.

[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 12:51]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New signing on 12:52 - Jun 28 with 8003 viewsSuddenLad

About time, too.......

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

New signing on 12:55 - Jun 28 with 7975 viewsSheffdale

Let's hope it justifies the hype suggested by the vid! Matt Done would be great.
New signing on 12:56 - Jun 28 with 7954 viewsSheffdale

I click eagerly on "new tweet" to find New National Ecumenical Officer for C of E appointed......Not quite what I was hoping for.
New signing on 12:57 - Jun 28 with 7951 viewsSuddenLad

He's coming home, he's coming home, M.................. coming home..........

New signing on 13:01 - Jun 28 with 7868 viewsboromat

Camps till 2020 impressive!!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

New signing on 13:02 - Jun 28 with 7840 viewsSuddenLad

Callum Camps signs an extension............

New signing on 13:02 - Jun 28 with 7827 viewsfitzochris

Not what I was expecting, but Dalestar will be happy:

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New signing on 13:04 - Jun 28 with 7790 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hill's comment is quite cutting about the other young players seeing this as an example.

“He had a tremendous season last season and he realises that his performances on the pitch will take care of any future opportunities, whether it’s with Rochdale or another football club because his ambitions are to play at the very top level.

“I’m really, really pleased he’s signed the contract because it should show the rest of the younger players the type of intent that we’ve got this season at Rochdale Football Club.”

Jamie Allen's agent take note.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Login to get fewer ads

New signing on 13:05 - Jun 28 with 7769 viewsdale5758

simply fantastic news in the light of the interest in jamie

Poll: Spenhe Hogan windfall and on who?

New signing on 13:06 - Jun 28 with 7738 viewsSheffdale

Well you can't complain about that can you? Very good piece of business and as Hilly says it confirms our intent for the coming season.
New signing on 13:07 - Jun 28 with 7696 viewsboromat

Also if this is Wednesdays news I can't wait for Fridays signing

Poll: What are we more excited for?

New signing on 13:10 - Jun 28 with 7657 viewsD_Alien

Very welcome NEWS

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New signing on 13:15 - Jun 28 with 7571 viewsShun

Brilliant news! Camps is probably my favourite player after Henderson, so I'm absolutely delighted with this news, especially, as others have said, in the light of Jamie's interest.

Edit: And a THREE YEAR contract! That's huge!
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 13:18]
New signing on 13:28 - Jun 28 with 7453 viewsmoth5368

That news has made my day, I'm really looking forward to next season.
New signing on 13:32 - Jun 28 with 7413 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Excellent news. Never expecting him to be here in 3 years time, so glad to see we have tied Callum up and can make big money as he progresses.

Well done Dale and Calum.
New signing on 14:06 - Jun 28 with 7139 viewsArthurDaley

New signing on 12:56 - Jun 28 by Sheffdale

I click eagerly on "new tweet" to find New National Ecumenical Officer for C of E appointed......Not quite what I was hoping for.

A large VAT Dave

New signing on 15:07 - Jun 28 with 6867 viewsR17ALE

I'm a bit old to have a favourite player, but if pushed it'd be Camps. Fantastic news all round!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

New signing on 16:59 - Jun 28 with 6403 viewsLaveritty

Happy with this news as I really thought he might be on his way this summer. As pointed out earlier a 3 year contract for a Dale player is extremely rare and I believe it confirms a commitment to continued improvement from those in charge at the club! Thought Callum's performances went from strength to strength throughout last season and he has also added goal scoring to his game. Along with the new contract for Joe Rafferty that means our 2 best players (for me at least) have committed their futures to the club! Maybe Keith Hill's new contract is convincing players that the future at Rochdale is looking brighter than ever before?

If only we could entice a certain ex player to come back and produce the same kind of displays that we saw regularly then I would be absolutely ecstatic!!!

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

New signing on 17:00 - Jun 28 with 6397 viewsR17ALE

New signing on 16:59 - Jun 28 by Laveritty

Happy with this news as I really thought he might be on his way this summer. As pointed out earlier a 3 year contract for a Dale player is extremely rare and I believe it confirms a commitment to continued improvement from those in charge at the club! Thought Callum's performances went from strength to strength throughout last season and he has also added goal scoring to his game. Along with the new contract for Joe Rafferty that means our 2 best players (for me at least) have committed their futures to the club! Maybe Keith Hill's new contract is convincing players that the future at Rochdale is looking brighter than ever before?

If only we could entice a certain ex player to come back and produce the same kind of displays that we saw regularly then I would be absolutely ecstatic!!!

Donnelly?

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

New signing on 17:05 - Jun 28 with 6360 viewsLaveritty

New signing on 17:00 - Jun 28 by R17ALE

Donnelly?

I was hoping someone might bite and suggest George as the player I had in mind - that was why I left it 'open ended' to allow people to add their own 'fantasy' signings. George was the first name I expected to crop up!

New signing on 18:09 - Jun 28 with 6120 viewsoddjob007

We need a better 3rd choice central defender as a priority - Jim and Mcgahey will be first choice next season (which I am actually not too upset about) but when one is out it will go to pot.
New signing on 19:13 - Jun 28 with 5879 viewsLaveritty

New signing on 18:09 - Jun 28 by oddjob007

We need a better 3rd choice central defender as a priority - Jim and Mcgahey will be first choice next season (which I am actually not too upset about) but when one is out it will go to pot.

Not sure Keith would agree. It has been mentioned elsewhere about him seeing the squad as one where his players are able to adapt to filling in in different roles. With that in mind I would envisage any of the following being able to play in that position: McGahey, McNulty, Canavan, Keane, Brown, maybe Kitching(?) and would even make a case for Rafferty (I believe he started out in central defence in the Liverpool youth team) and Bunney (for his height). Strangely I would not be averse to seeing Calvin playing there either as he doesn't miss many headers when back defending! By my reckoning that gives us somewhere between 5 and 9 people who could, at a stretch, fill that role?

A bit of pace on the wing would be a more welcome addition in my opinion as we know defences at this level can't cope with it - just look at how many defenders were left for dust when NML put the afterburners on and created countless chances! It may be that the new lad from Barrow could be the pace we need but I would love to see Matty Done back here for a third time!

New signing on 21:59 - Jun 28 with 5395 viewsoddjob007

New signing on 19:13 - Jun 28 by Laveritty

Not sure Keith would agree. It has been mentioned elsewhere about him seeing the squad as one where his players are able to adapt to filling in in different roles. With that in mind I would envisage any of the following being able to play in that position: McGahey, McNulty, Canavan, Keane, Brown, maybe Kitching(?) and would even make a case for Rafferty (I believe he started out in central defence in the Liverpool youth team) and Bunney (for his height). Strangely I would not be averse to seeing Calvin playing there either as he doesn't miss many headers when back defending! By my reckoning that gives us somewhere between 5 and 9 people who could, at a stretch, fill that role?

A bit of pace on the wing would be a more welcome addition in my opinion as we know defences at this level can't cope with it - just look at how many defenders were left for dust when NML put the afterburners on and created countless chances! It may be that the new lad from Barrow could be the pace we need but I would love to see Matty Done back here for a third time!

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to see Done back in a dale shirt. But Canavan is lower league 2 at best, 4th choice is shape shifting other players there.

Ditching Canavan, somehow, and bringing in a replacement - young player, broken toy, or whatever, needs to be number 1.
New signing on 22:05 - Jun 28 with 5357 views442Dale

New signing on 21:59 - Jun 28 by oddjob007

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to see Done back in a dale shirt. But Canavan is lower league 2 at best, 4th choice is shape shifting other players there.

Ditching Canavan, somehow, and bringing in a replacement - young player, broken toy, or whatever, needs to be number 1.

Totally agree. As we saw last season, the lack of one more consistent centre half was the very reason we didn't reach the play-offs.

Small margins, but there can be little argument that it's an area of the pitch where we need a quality addition.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New signing on 23:04 - Jun 28 with 5182 viewsSaxonDale

Fantastic signing-put simply he's our best player by a fair distance. At stages last season he was in danger of making playing professional football look as easy as Donnelly made it look difficult, it almost looks as if he's playing within himself. I doubt there's a better midfielder who would cost less than 7 figures in the Football League. For my money I reckon he'll be rated in the top 3 League 1 players next year; he really is that good. What a signal of intent for the future.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024