Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore 11:31 - Aug 21 with 9525 viewspaulscho

Looked out of his depth to me on Saturday, can`t kick the ball and was part of the shambles for the third goal. Appeared to add to the panic in the back five for most of the game, he however did make a couple of decent saves.
If Josh isn't fit soon I can see us looking into the loan market again.

livinginadalewonderland

Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 11:36 - Aug 21 with 5905 views442Dale

His distribution was poor but part of that will come from the way he's been instructed to play within our tactics. With some of those players in front of him, launching it would have been undoubtedly the best option. So the jury is out on that area of his game.

However, without him Shrewsbury would have been out of sight by half time and he produced a brilliant stop in the second half. Far too early to say he's "not up to it"

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 11:37 - Aug 21 with 5903 viewsseasidedale

Cant moan to much about keepers and distribution, look at Matt Gilks, mind he was solid, Torquay dont have a goalkeeping coach so there could be an improvement with ours we will see, but agree a loan might be an answer
Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 11:39 - Aug 21 with 5895 viewsTVOS1907

I remember some people criticising Tom Heaton after his first game.

Give the lad a chance. He's coming back from injury, his inclusion on Saturday was a bit 'last minute' and he was offered little protection by some of those in front of him.

Even the best keepers make mistakes. Look at Chelsea's winning goal yesterday, for instance.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 11:54 - Aug 21 with 5840 viewsSuddenLad

Cripes. The lad has played one game and the knives are being sharpened. I wasn't at the game, but from accounts I've heard, he was the difference between us being still in the game and being 3 or 4 behind before half-time. He is, after all, second choice and still learning to adapt to League One football.

It could be argued that he acquitted himself well in the circumstances, as opposed to some of the seasoned professionals in front of him, who week by week, leave Dale fans flummoxed as to why they are still pulling on the shirt as first choice for their position.

I'm perfectly happy to see Brendan Moore appear in the 1st team if the situation dictates it. We should be encouraging him as a young player, not looking to undermine him.

Give the lad a chance.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 12:08 - Aug 21 with 5789 viewsColDale

I'd assume that given he wasn't fit enough to even make the bench against Scunny, then he's a long wait from being fully fit. It was his ankle ligaments that he damaged with a diagnosis of being out for 12 weeks on 21st July. That must have had a lot of impact on his kicking ability. I doubt he'd have played if at all possible.
Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 12:37 - Aug 21 with 5707 viewsmacro

Looked out of his depth, one of the most ridiculous posts of the last few days and there have been some real humdingers.

If it wasn’t for Moore the score could have been 4/5 -1 at half time.

kicking was a bit all over the place yes but as said in other posts, he’s recovering from an ankle injury.
Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 12:48 - Aug 21 with 5648 viewsboromat

I thought he did ok. From a shot stopping perspective he was top notch. On his distribution he showed a lot of confidence and was comfortable with the ball at his feet. Unfortunately his long kick efforts rarely came off and he showed too much confidence in the ability of his back four when trying to play out from the back.

He'll get there a think, we've all seen worse!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 13:18 - Aug 21 with 5567 viewsTomRAFC

Wasn't at the game but that lad is barely just back to near fitness. Plus Collis hasn't had much time with him yet. Remember how much he helped Josh improve?

If Josh is out for a while I'm sure Hilly will look at the loan market so we have proper back up.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Login to get fewer ads

Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 13:53 - Aug 21 with 5472 viewsBazzanne

Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 13:18 - Aug 21 by TomRAFC

Wasn't at the game but that lad is barely just back to near fitness. Plus Collis hasn't had much time with him yet. Remember how much he helped Josh improve?

If Josh is out for a while I'm sure Hilly will look at the loan market so we have proper back up.

Considering the so called defence in front of him I thought he had a good game. Distribution wise I like the fact that he was prepared to use short passes or throws instead of long punts upfield where they just came straight back in again, plus he made some good saves and kept us in the game at half time. I didn't blame really him for Shrews third.
Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 14:32 - Aug 21 with 5401 viewspaulscho

Must have been watching a different game to me.
Horrendous distribution, kicking was all over the show, at one point he kicked the ball straight out of play along the ground, he sliced the clearance that ended with the third goal. He sliced numerous other clearances, he played the ball to the back four on numerous occasions when they couldn't handle even having the ball, panic stations throughout the first half.
Good saves, not up to it, watch this space.
Worse keepers in the last 10 years??He has come from a team that spent the whole of last season at the bottom of the conference and have started the season again at the bottom of the same division.
As for ridiculous threads, you lot need to get a life, never ever come across so much twaddle in all my years you spend more time talking about none football related stuff than you do about football.

livinginadalewonderland

Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 14:45 - Aug 21 with 5375 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Post match,Hilly said the new boy did well.....so there you have it.
Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 14:57 - Aug 21 with 5341 viewsdawlishdale

Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 14:32 - Aug 21 by paulscho

Horrendous distribution, kicking was all over the show, at one point he kicked the ball straight out of play along the ground, he sliced the clearance that ended with the third goal. He sliced numerous other clearances, he played the ball to the back four on numerous occasions when they couldn't handle even having the ball, panic stations throughout the first half.
Worse keepers in the last 10 years??He has come from a team that spent the whole of last season at the bottom of the conference and have started the season again at the bottom of the same division.
As for ridiculous threads, you lot need to get a life, never ever come across so much twaddle in all my years you spend more time talking about none football related stuff than you do about football.

Nope... watched the same game. He was probably the best defender we had on the day, but that's not setting the bar too high.

He did well with shot stopping, making several good saves and dealing well with a couple of one on ones.

His distribution was very poor (let's put it down to his ankle injury not being 100%) . I'm also not keen on his passing the ball out to a back four who are not good enough to deal with it, but that will have been Management instructions I'm sure; it's not the keepers fault if the defenders in front of him are poor.

Reports from Torquay when we signed him would suggest that he is a good shot stopper, but needs work on other areas of his game, which I'm sure we will have known about.

Lets give the lad a good few games before slagging him off please.
Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 15:00 - Aug 21 with 5332 viewsTVOS1907

Is the last bit really necessary, just because people have a different opinion?

Or do we need Col to come back on talking about Codes of Conduct?

The team he came from is irrelevant. We signed Lancashire, Vincenti, Widdowson and Akpa-Akpro from teams who had just been relegated to the Conference.

At least give the lad a chance.

Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 15:05 - Aug 21 with 5306 viewsDaleiLama

Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 11:54 - Aug 21 by SuddenLad

Cripes. The lad has played one game and the knives are being sharpened. I wasn't at the game, but from accounts I've heard, he was the difference between us being still in the game and being 3 or 4 behind before half-time. He is, after all, second choice and still learning to adapt to League One football.

It could be argued that he acquitted himself well in the circumstances, as opposed to some of the seasoned professionals in front of him, who week by week, leave Dale fans flummoxed as to why they are still pulling on the shirt as first choice for their position.

I'm perfectly happy to see Brendan Moore appear in the 1st team if the situation dictates it. We should be encouraging him as a young player, not looking to undermine him.

Give the lad a chance.

There speaks the voice of reason

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 15:12 - Aug 21 with 5280 viewsTVOS1907

Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 15:05 - Aug 21 by DaleiLama

There speaks the voice of reason

TVOR?

Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 15:15 - Aug 21 with 5262 viewsDaleiLama

Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 15:12 - Aug 21 by TVOS1907

TVOR?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 15:38 - Aug 21 with 5196 viewsmacro

!!! I take it back, you get even more ridiculous.
Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 17:11 - Aug 21 with 5073 viewsJames1980

Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 15:12 - Aug 21 by TVOS1907

TVOR?

TVOR the engine

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 17:21 - Aug 21 with 5047 viewsTVOS1907

Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 17:11 - Aug 21 by James1980

TVOR the engine

Good effort.

Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 18:19 - Aug 21 with 4928 viewsDale23years

Moore was best Rochdale player on Saturday by far, as for his distribution you try kicking a football 50-60 yards when your far from match fit. Have you ever tired kicking a ball that far when you just come back from a leg injury.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 19:21 - Aug 21 with 4823 viewsArthurDaley

Seemed to have a good game according to the commentary on Matey FM, On digital Sky 719.

A large VAT Dave

Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 21:24 - Aug 21 with 4679 viewsfinberty

Was Lillis injured by one of many hurried clearances against Scunny?

Clearances forced on him by the kind of witless back--passes from our defence that we are only too accustomed to enduring?

He seemed to hobble after being challenged by the opposing forward at the Pearl Street end. Entirely avoidable injury if so, caused by his own colleagues.
Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 22:12 - Aug 21 with 4587 viewsBobbyjoe

Doesn't do to judge players too quickly. Alan McLoughlin looked the worst player I'd ever seen in my life for several games, but, ultimately, was the biggest single influence in taking us to the playoffs, Paddy, Kev and Evil not withstanding !
Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 22:45 - Aug 21 with 4539 viewsfitzochris

Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 22:12 - Aug 21 by Bobbyjoe

Doesn't do to judge players too quickly. Alan McLoughlin looked the worst player I'd ever seen in my life for several games, but, ultimately, was the biggest single influence in taking us to the playoffs, Paddy, Kev and Evil not withstanding !

And Paul Simpson (the player).

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 23:04 - Aug 21 with 4512 viewsscarrow

Keper not up to it,Brendan Moore on 22:45 - Aug 21 by fitzochris

And Paul Simpson (the player).

Grant Holt didn’t set the world alight first couple of appearances either

Poll: Final position

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024