Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 deals done 20:52 - Aug 26 with 25470 viewspremierjack

These deal have all been agreed, just need to be rubber stamped but I've been told they are completed.

Arias, bony and Sanchez.
3 deals done on 21:58 - Aug 26 with 3743 viewsTheKirkyLife

3 deals done on 21:55 - Aug 26 by Martyrman57

I believe Bony and Arias are virtually over the line and Sanches is as Swansea93 states above.
Fingers crossed !

That sounds pretty plausible. Guessing Clement is saying 'two players' to try and keep the big clubs off our scent. If they know we're in for him if they aren't it could lead to them being selfish.
3 deals done on 22:05 - Aug 26 with 3705 viewsLoyal

3 deals done on 21:07 - Aug 26 by airedale

Better wise the boys up then, and tell them not to mention the war when Rennie comes.

What about Maradonna ? ( with the big boobies ) ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

3 deals done on 22:07 - Aug 26 with 3685 viewsLoyal

3 deals done on 21:27 - Aug 26 by PozuelosSideys

If the Sanchez deal doesnt happen, im holding premierjack personally responsible

Hola ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

3 deals done on 22:27 - Aug 26 with 3605 viewsGaz_M

3 deals done on 21:55 - Aug 26 by Martyrman57

I believe Bony and Arias are virtually over the line and Sanches is as Swansea93 states above.
Fingers crossed !

Clement has already said we're not signing any full backs pal.
3 deals done on 22:31 - Aug 26 with 3579 viewsjoshdon10

Sanchez won't be coming, come on guys ur all crazy if u think we will have that sort of player here. PC Got links yes but no way will this happen. He's good enough for champions league, if he gets loaned out it be to a team in the champions league, europa at worst.
3 deals done on 22:31 - Aug 26 with 3578 viewslondonlisa2001

3 deals done on 22:27 - Aug 26 by Gaz_M

Clement has already said we're not signing any full backs pal.

Centre backs wasn't it?
3 deals done on 22:41 - Aug 26 with 3497 viewsairedale

3 deals done on 22:05 - Aug 26 by Loyal

What about Maradonna ? ( with the big boobies ) ?

That's the Fallen Madonna muni, coo.

Wada mistaka to maka!
3 deals done on 22:44 - Aug 26 with 3466 viewsmax936

Never believe anything you hear, anything you read and only half of what you see, True Story, I'll admit I rarely adhere to that advice but its usually right.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

3 deals done on 22:55 - Aug 26 with 3401 viewsDewi1jack

3 deals done on 21:07 - Aug 26 by airedale

Better wise the boys up then, and tell them not to mention the war when Rennie comes.

As long as he has the stomach, I'm sure he could cure some of the upset.
Chalk it up to connections maybe

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

3 deals done on 23:07 - Aug 26 with 3319 viewsGaryjack

3 deals done on 21:33 - Aug 26 by E20Jack

No way is the Sanches deal done. If it was even anywhere close it wouldn't be 7/2 still.

I would guess he will end up at Liverpool.

But you said on another thread that sky bet are one step ahead of everyone else and have based their odds on a tentative enquiry rather than market betting. How does that work then if he's still 7/2 to join Swansea when all the media outlets are suggesting he will go to one of the bigger clubs? Surely they would set their odds on what is being openly reported rather than a 'tentative enquiry'?
3 deals done on 23:08 - Aug 26 with 3319 viewsSS2013

3 deals done on 21:29 - Aug 26 by veng9

I do hope you're right but having had a quick look through your post history...

"After some talks, The boards first choice is ....

Klinsmann!"

"Curtis asked Jenkins when we were having doumbia and his reply was "you can have him when ever you want" BUT. They are waiting for Bony because they believe there is a genuine chance of getting him back."

" TWO signings
at 08:35 15 Jan 2016

We are in talks with about 5-6 clubs about different players but trying to get the best deals to suit us. We only want 2 of them.

Doumbia
Darren Gibson (loan)
Naismith (will be difficult because they want montero)
Sinclair
De Guzman
Winger from juventus (didn't get a name)

I'm hoping its doumbia plus Naismith and one other. "

"Goodbye Michu
at 19:38 2 Mar 2014

Refusing to play for us!!!!

Martin Morgan wanted to sell him, Jenkins wants to leave him rot in the reserves!"

Michu went on to play 5 more times for us after the 2nd of March 2014

"Thread Tom Ince
at 21:07 4 Jan 2014

Not sure how true but i heard today that a deal done for 4.5 million!!"

Spot on!

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

3 deals done on 23:12 - Aug 26 with 3271 viewsLoyal

3 deals done on 23:08 - Aug 26 by SS2013

Spot on!

Don't know why people type this sort of shit on this forum, I dont like it and there are rules and I want all the rules to be followed because if everything isn't neat and today I get all unhappy and sad.

Edit - a deal was done for ince, that doesn't mean a transfer is completed, jeez, eyes wide open ffs.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2017 23:13]

3 deals done on 23:14 - Aug 26 with 3253 viewsLoyal

3 deals done on 22:41 - Aug 26 by airedale

That's the Fallen Madonna muni, coo.

Wada mistaka to maka!

Yeah her, the singer.

3 deals done on 23:18 - Aug 26 with 3241 viewsE20Jack

3 deals done on 23:07 - Aug 26 by Garyjack

But you said on another thread that sky bet are one step ahead of everyone else and have based their odds on a tentative enquiry rather than market betting. How does that work then if he's still 7/2 to join Swansea when all the media outlets are suggesting he will go to one of the bigger clubs? Surely they would set their odds on what is being openly reported rather than a 'tentative enquiry'?

I mused as to what the odds represented, not what they actually represent. I don't work for SkyBet so have no idea what they are basing their information on. All the media I have seen has said it is Liverpool etc, but none of those sources have been Sky sources. Sky don't own the worlds media, so they obviously disagree with the outlets that have reported on it thus far, although they have cut Liverpool into 5's today.

If this was at an advanced stage then you would be seeing odds of 10/11, 4/6 or even less as they were with Clucas the week of the bid (but before news broke). 7/2 suggests to me that they have got some information on a tentative enquiry. I cannot think of any situation for offering 7/2 odds, it is clearly nowhere near being done and dusted that is for certain.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

3 deals done on 23:30 - Aug 26 with 3165 viewsGaryjack

3 deals done on 23:18 - Aug 26 by E20Jack

I mused as to what the odds represented, not what they actually represent. I don't work for SkyBet so have no idea what they are basing their information on. All the media I have seen has said it is Liverpool etc, but none of those sources have been Sky sources. Sky don't own the worlds media, so they obviously disagree with the outlets that have reported on it thus far, although they have cut Liverpool into 5's today.

If this was at an advanced stage then you would be seeing odds of 10/11, 4/6 or even less as they were with Clucas the week of the bid (but before news broke). 7/2 suggests to me that they have got some information on a tentative enquiry. I cannot think of any situation for offering 7/2 odds, it is clearly nowhere near being done and dusted that is for certain.

" I don't work for SkyBet so have no idea what they are basing their information on."

But you're stating below that you know exactly what they base their information from. I'm not getting it sorry?

"Sky Bet's contacts in markets such as this are second to none in the insustry due to the nature of their TV network. That is why they are the only ones offering the market and are the only ones to offer a wide variety of markets than many others simply cannot cover, if ever you are betting on these markets, SkyBet will be the most accurate, no question. Always one step ahread and as a result do not have to react to bets. I would take a guess that they have been informed of an enquiry rather than anyone placing any lumpy informed bets. 7/2 is a tentative price, which probably reflects the tentative enquiry."
3 deals done on 23:34 - Aug 26 with 3117 viewsE20Jack

3 deals done on 23:30 - Aug 26 by Garyjack

" I don't work for SkyBet so have no idea what they are basing their information on."

But you're stating below that you know exactly what they base their information from. I'm not getting it sorry?

"Sky Bet's contacts in markets such as this are second to none in the insustry due to the nature of their TV network. That is why they are the only ones offering the market and are the only ones to offer a wide variety of markets than many others simply cannot cover, if ever you are betting on these markets, SkyBet will be the most accurate, no question. Always one step ahread and as a result do not have to react to bets. I would take a guess that they have been informed of an enquiry rather than anyone placing any lumpy informed bets. 7/2 is a tentative price, which probably reflects the tentative enquiry."

Not sure what to say Gary. That paragraph you have highlighted suggests exactly what I just told you, certainly doesn't sound like me stating I know exactly what they are basing the information on to me? I will highlight the key words...

'' I would take a guess that they have been informed of an enquiry rather than anyone placing any lumpy informed bets. 7/2 is a tentative price, which probably reflects the tentative enquiry."

To go from 33/1 to 7/2 from Skybet will only really be due to that (enquiry). May not be of course, but from my experience in this kind of market and weighing up all probabilities of scenarios that they arrive at that price and I would guess this to be the case. No other scenario makes sense to me.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2017 23:37]

3 deals done on 23:37 - Aug 26 with 3071 viewsItchySphincter

3 deals done on 23:34 - Aug 26 by E20Jack

Not sure what to say Gary. That paragraph you have highlighted suggests exactly what I just told you, certainly doesn't sound like me stating I know exactly what they are basing the information on to me? I will highlight the key words...

'' I would take a guess that they have been informed of an enquiry rather than anyone placing any lumpy informed bets. 7/2 is a tentative price, which probably reflects the tentative enquiry."

To go from 33/1 to 7/2 from Skybet will only really be due to that (enquiry). May not be of course, but from my experience in this kind of market and weighing up all probabilities of scenarios that they arrive at that price and I would guess this to be the case. No other scenario makes sense to me.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2017 23:37]

"SkyBet will be the most accurate, no question."

That's some ambiguous musing right there.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

3 deals done on 23:41 - Aug 26 with 3050 viewsE20Jack

3 deals done on 23:37 - Aug 26 by ItchySphincter

"SkyBet will be the most accurate, no question."

That's some ambiguous musing right there.

That was not the part I was musing, it was giving a professional assessment of the company in an industry of which I have great experience in.

Me musing, was suggesting that they arrived at 7/2 odds due to information of a tentative enquiry. There is no other scenario I can think of that reflects a price of 7/2. I think if Liverpool also make an enquiry then you may see them move the market to 6/4 Liverpool and 4/1 Swansea.

You can often tell a story of what is happening by watching Skybets odds in these markets.

3 deals done on 23:57 - Aug 26 with 2949 viewsGaryjack

3 deals done on 23:41 - Aug 26 by E20Jack

That was not the part I was musing, it was giving a professional assessment of the company in an industry of which I have great experience in.

Me musing, was suggesting that they arrived at 7/2 odds due to information of a tentative enquiry. There is no other scenario I can think of that reflects a price of 7/2. I think if Liverpool also make an enquiry then you may see them move the market to 6/4 Liverpool and 4/1 Swansea.

You can often tell a story of what is happening by watching Skybets odds in these markets.

But based on your knowledge of the markets, and your posts, surely sky bet would have shifted their odds by now? 7/2 favourites on a tentative enquiry, yet still 7/2 24 hours later despite not one media report of him potentially coming to Swansea?
3 deals done on 00:10 - Aug 27 with 2879 viewsE20Jack

3 deals done on 23:57 - Aug 26 by Garyjack

But based on your knowledge of the markets, and your posts, surely sky bet would have shifted their odds by now? 7/2 favourites on a tentative enquiry, yet still 7/2 24 hours later despite not one media report of him potentially coming to Swansea?

As I said, they clearly disagree with the media sources that have reported on it and don't feel a lot has changed.

If they "reacted" to media reports already in the public domain then that doesn't quite suggest they are one step ahead as I said they are, does it? That is no more informed than your average joe on the street that has access to the internet. Nobody can run a business of that nature like that (which is why no other company is offering it, they dont have the strength of contacts that Sky have - so cannot expose themselves to the risk)

I would imagine in the coming days what they know regarding the Swansea link will surface. If you see a shift in odds into 6/4 or such like for Liverpool then likewise expect a news report after which would explain exactly why they did that.

But as I keep saying, I cant see any other scenario where odds of 7/2 would be given in from 33/1 unless there has been an enquiry. Anything more and the odds would unquestionably be shorter, any less than an enquiry and just a hunch and the odds would be more generous.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 0:13]

3 deals done on 00:54 - Aug 27 with 2746 viewsGaryjack

3 deals done on 00:10 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

As I said, they clearly disagree with the media sources that have reported on it and don't feel a lot has changed.

If they "reacted" to media reports already in the public domain then that doesn't quite suggest they are one step ahead as I said they are, does it? That is no more informed than your average joe on the street that has access to the internet. Nobody can run a business of that nature like that (which is why no other company is offering it, they dont have the strength of contacts that Sky have - so cannot expose themselves to the risk)

I would imagine in the coming days what they know regarding the Swansea link will surface. If you see a shift in odds into 6/4 or such like for Liverpool then likewise expect a news report after which would explain exactly why they did that.

But as I keep saying, I cant see any other scenario where odds of 7/2 would be given in from 33/1 unless there has been an enquiry. Anything more and the odds would unquestionably be shorter, any less than an enquiry and just a hunch and the odds would be more generous.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 0:13]

I get it now! So Swansea are 7/2 favourites because we've made a tentative enquiry which sky bet know about, yet Liverpool, Chelsea etc are longer odds because it's been reported all over the media that they want him, but according to sky bet, they haven't made an enquiry let alone a 'tentative' one? Makes perfect sense. My favourite bit of course was that you suggested sky would release a news report in the coming days explaining their actions over these odds!

3 deals done on 01:04 - Aug 27 with 2707 viewsE20Jack

3 deals done on 00:54 - Aug 27 by Garyjack

I get it now! So Swansea are 7/2 favourites because we've made a tentative enquiry which sky bet know about, yet Liverpool, Chelsea etc are longer odds because it's been reported all over the media that they want him, but according to sky bet, they haven't made an enquiry let alone a 'tentative' one? Makes perfect sense. My favourite bit of course was that you suggested sky would release a news report in the coming days explaining their actions over these odds!

Well... yes that is pretty much it. I don't really understand what you don't understand or are finding so hard to take in.

Sky Bet have the best sources around due to their TV network. Yes? So they get information before a lot of other companies, which is why they are the only ones offering the market. Yes? There have been various (non Sky) reports recently suggesting Liverpool is the likely destination, but Skybet's odds have remained pretty firm - which suggests to me that they don't believe much has changed. Yes? Pretty easy to understand so far, right? Okay..

Sorry to ruin your "favourite part" but, I didn't say they would release a press report explaining why they offered these odds. You have trouble reading/understanding what I am saying tonight for whatever reason that is. I will explain it again:-

I said reports will probably emerge in the coming days (so after the odds change - which shows they are a step ahead) which explains why the odds were what they were at this time. So in other words, a news report (not necessarily from Sky) will emerge stating we have made an enquiry to Munich for Sanches. This will then show you/explain why Sky Bet were offering the odds they were, when they were.

Likewise if you see liverpool go to 6/4 suddenly then you can probably expect a similar news reports about to emerge (a report regarding their enquiry) about Liverpool, which in turn will similarly show you/explain the thinking behind Sky Bet's pricing at the time.

Get it now? I really cannot explain any simpler. It really is not tricky Gary so not sure why you are trying to be so obtuse.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 1:24]

3 deals done on 01:23 - Aug 27 with 2638 viewsGaryjack

3 deals done on 01:04 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

Well... yes that is pretty much it. I don't really understand what you don't understand or are finding so hard to take in.

Sky Bet have the best sources around due to their TV network. Yes? So they get information before a lot of other companies, which is why they are the only ones offering the market. Yes? There have been various (non Sky) reports recently suggesting Liverpool is the likely destination, but Skybet's odds have remained pretty firm - which suggests to me that they don't believe much has changed. Yes? Pretty easy to understand so far, right? Okay..

Sorry to ruin your "favourite part" but, I didn't say they would release a press report explaining why they offered these odds. You have trouble reading/understanding what I am saying tonight for whatever reason that is. I will explain it again:-

I said reports will probably emerge in the coming days (so after the odds change - which shows they are a step ahead) which explains why the odds were what they were at this time. So in other words, a news report (not necessarily from Sky) will emerge stating we have made an enquiry to Munich for Sanches. This will then show you/explain why Sky Bet were offering the odds they were, when they were.

Likewise if you see liverpool go to 6/4 suddenly then you can probably expect a similar news reports about to emerge (a report regarding their enquiry) about Liverpool, which in turn will similarly show you/explain the thinking behind Sky Bet's pricing at the time.

Get it now? I really cannot explain any simpler. It really is not tricky Gary so not sure why you are trying to be so obtuse.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 1:24]

You've changed the wording from your original post. You quite clearly stated.

" If you see a shift in odds into 6/4 or such like for Liverpool then likewise expect a news report after which would explain exactly why they did that."

Chrystal clear to me, and anyone else i would imagine. Yet you're not explaining why sky bet have Swansea as the clear favourites to sign him, but are offering quite generous odds that he will sign for someone else? I've never known betting to work like that? It's like installing the rank outsider in a horse race as the favourite! That doesn't happen does it?

Edit. Why am i being obtuse? I'm simply challenging the points you are making? I'm not being aggressive in any way?
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 1:29]
3 deals done on 01:32 - Aug 27 with 2618 viewsE20Jack

3 deals done on 01:23 - Aug 27 by Garyjack

You've changed the wording from your original post. You quite clearly stated.

" If you see a shift in odds into 6/4 or such like for Liverpool then likewise expect a news report after which would explain exactly why they did that."

Chrystal clear to me, and anyone else i would imagine. Yet you're not explaining why sky bet have Swansea as the clear favourites to sign him, but are offering quite generous odds that he will sign for someone else? I've never known betting to work like that? It's like installing the rank outsider in a horse race as the favourite! That doesn't happen does it?

Edit. Why am i being obtuse? I'm simply challenging the points you are making? I'm not being aggressive in any way?
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 1:29]

Well I tried to make it clearer for you. Even the original wording suggests exactly what I am telling you. You were the one that changed the words. If anyone else takes it in the way you have then I seriously question the common sense of Planetswans

I don't understand your question. Swansea are not clear favourites, the clear favourite is to stay at Munich at 8/11.

7/2 odds suggests roughly a 22% chance of it happening. That is taking the odds on face value, which of course they are not due to the odds being implied odds and taking into consideration the overround (companies inbuilt profit into the odds). You are looking at SkyBet currently saying the % chance of him going to Swansea is between 15%-20%. Or a 80% - 85% he won't be coming if you like.

Edit to reply to your edit - it seems you are deliberately taking things the wrong way, with your use of language and smileys suggesting that you are not being completely genuine with your questioning..

You are not challenging me, there is nothing to challenge, im telling you exactly how it works. But you may of course ask for further explanation if you are not understanding something of which I will of course help with. However in the manner you are doing it seems like you are trying to be argumentative.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 1:36]

3 deals done on 02:12 - Aug 27 with 2540 viewsGaryjack

3 deals done on 01:32 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

Well I tried to make it clearer for you. Even the original wording suggests exactly what I am telling you. You were the one that changed the words. If anyone else takes it in the way you have then I seriously question the common sense of Planetswans

I don't understand your question. Swansea are not clear favourites, the clear favourite is to stay at Munich at 8/11.

7/2 odds suggests roughly a 22% chance of it happening. That is taking the odds on face value, which of course they are not due to the odds being implied odds and taking into consideration the overround (companies inbuilt profit into the odds). You are looking at SkyBet currently saying the % chance of him going to Swansea is between 15%-20%. Or a 80% - 85% he won't be coming if you like.

Edit to reply to your edit - it seems you are deliberately taking things the wrong way, with your use of language and smileys suggesting that you are not being completely genuine with your questioning..

You are not challenging me, there is nothing to challenge, im telling you exactly how it works. But you may of course ask for further explanation if you are not understanding something of which I will of course help with. However in the manner you are doing it seems like you are trying to be argumentative.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 1:36]

Where and how have i changed the words? i've copied and pasted what you posted mun! " add a seeing as you did"
I'm certainly not being argumentative. Why do you think that of everyone who questions you? Save it for those who call you Dimi, Parley, Roathie or whatever, makes no odds to me. i'm simply questioning your stance as to why you believe that sky bet are the most accurate source and have us intsalled as favourites to sign Sanches when you 'a risk analyst' suggests he will go elsewhere? Whichever way you look at it, you're making a mistake or contradiction somewhere along the line?
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 2:13]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024