Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A few points about the transfer window 06:35 - Sep 1 with 3725 viewsjack247

If we sell players for £70m, that doesn't mean we have £70m to spend (unless we raise money from elsewhere). All would have had loyalty bonuses (odd, I know), all would have had agents taking a fee, there was talk of Siggy having a sell on clause, don't know if it's true or not. Their replacements would have probably had signing on fees and agents fees. We are paying Bayern a loan fee for Sanches.

Bony does fit the style we are trying to play. We haven't seen the best of Tammy yet because he has been made to play a role that doesn't suit him. He is quick and his movement off the ball is superb. They make take a few games to gel, but I think they will form a great partnership.

Think Sanches is the player less suited to the style we have been playing rather than Bony, but when a player like that becomes available, you have to go for it. We may modify our style slightly, I don't think he suits a back and fore passing game. We may have a little less possession, but look a lot more dangerous with him charging through midfield.

Still a bit concerned about our full backs. I'm happy with both of them, but the way we have been playing and near enough any way we can play with so many central midfielders, requires them to overlap and provide width. That's a lot of running and we only have 3 of them with maybe Clucas to cover. I'd expect reinforcements there in January.

Overall, it looked a pretty tepid window until it burst into life around deadline day. A lot of that down to the Siggy saga. I've been critical of our board and I'm sure I will continue to be in the future, but credit where it's due, it actually looks like two very good transfer windows in a row.

Edit - also paying Chelsea a loan fee for Tammy
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 7:06]
A few points about the transfer window on 06:52 - Sep 1 with 3680 viewspikeypaul

So what were the deals done after the Siggy deal?

Bony swap for Llorente be it different clubs.

Clucas for £11m and a £4m loan fee for Sanches with B Munich still
paying a % of his wages.

Smoke and mirrors con trick by the yanks and the big nosed sell out Kant
which unsurprisingly the clueless have fallen for just like the farce of the
legal action vote.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

A few points about the transfer window on 07:00 - Sep 1 with 3642 viewssomersetsimon

A few points about the transfer window on 06:52 - Sep 1 by pikeypaul

paying a % of his wages.

legal action vote.

"Smoke & mirrors"? We'll only get to see the real situation if they spend again in January and then we see the financial figures next year. It's good for the club to run a little profit each year and keep cash in the bank for emergencies.
I still haven't seen any evidence that the owners are extracting large sums of money out of the club.
A few points about the transfer window on 07:04 - Sep 1 with 3633 viewsjack247

A few points about the transfer window on 06:52 - Sep 1 by pikeypaul

paying a % of his wages.

legal action vote.

In

Abraham (loan)
Mesa
Clucas
Sanches (loan)
Bony

Out

Gomis
Amat (loan)
Borja (loan)
Tabanou
Barrow
Cork
Kingsley
Siggy
Llorente

I'd have liked to have seen cover brought in for both fullbacks and at centre back if we're going to persist with a back three, but other than that I'm happy with the window. We have lost 2 definite starters and 2 fringe players, brought in 5 who will all be in serious contention to start games, whilst making a profit and probably reducing our wage bill. I don't get what winds people up about that.
A few points about the transfer window on 07:32 - Sep 1 with 3566 viewsNirvana

A few points about the transfer window on 07:04 - Sep 1 by jack247

In

Abraham (loan)
Mesa
Clucas
Sanches (loan)
Bony

Out

Gomis
Amat (loan)
Borja (loan)
Tabanou
Barrow
Cork
Kingsley
Siggy
Llorente

I'd have liked to have seen cover brought in for both fullbacks and at centre back if we're going to persist with a back three, but other than that I'm happy with the window. We have lost 2 definite starters and 2 fringe players, brought in 5 who will all be in serious contention to start games, whilst making a profit and probably reducing our wage bill. I don't get what winds people up about that.

I do think it could have been far, far worse, 247, but pretending this was a "very good" window is just not true.

Bony was a great player for us, and I have many fond memories of him and Siggy playing some fantastic football together. But, the truth is he disappointed at Man City (no matter what some will say on here about holdup play and all that) enough to be loaned to Stoke, and he was a massive failure there, any way you look at it. Swapping Llorente for him is a dangerous game to play. We only got £12m for Fernando anyway, far lower than the £20m figure some were throwing around on here to justify him being sold. If we go down, and I'm not saying or hoping we will just stating a reality of ours for several seasons now, that £12m looks a very small consolation prize. At the same time, I genuinely hope Bony will come good, and I'm not just saying that. I support the club, he's now a Swan, therefore I support him.

Moving on, had anyone heard or thought of Clucas before the transfer, at all? Not really. Throw in £16.5m and it's going to take a lot for him to live up to what's expected of him and his pricetag. To be clear, I have a lot of faith in the guy and have said so several times, but this is reality. Sanches is a phenomenal get by the club, but like you said before it's not like this kind of thing will happen every year. And even so, it's only because Clement is the manager in the first place, absolutely no way Sanches would be with us otherwise. Mesa is proven quality, though, and he will be an immense player for us moving forward. Great buy early in the window, but we should've had a few more like it.

And, big picture, if PC leaves after this season, there goes all those superb, high-level contacts he has and we're back to square one. We could've and should've purchased someone of real quality while PC is still here. Hopefully it'll happen in January, but that's not looking likely at this point. Also, as you've stated, we really needed a quality RB, and I would've liked to see a creative attacker come in, we are extremely light in those departments.

Just my opinion, though, you are more than welcome to disagree.
A few points about the transfer window on 07:53 - Sep 1 with 3488 viewsawayjack

A few points about the transfer window on 07:00 - Sep 1 by somersetsimon

"Smoke & mirrors"? We'll only get to see the real situation if they spend again in January and then we see the financial figures next year. It's good for the club to run a little profit each year and keep cash in the bank for emergencies.
I still haven't seen any evidence that the owners are extracting large sums of money out of the club.

Why are people so blind and can't add together a few numbers? Nice for club to make a 'little profit'. Christ, we've made £30m+ profit on player sales this window, slashed our wages by £20m+ and will get extra £20m+ from Sky. That's extra £70m in profit. Our greedy ones may pay this in directors bonuses, big consulting fees and shareholder dividends, but the profit turnaround is a huge amount of money. My bet is they'll use high one off profits as basis to sell the club. Which bit bit of those three simple numbers don't you understand?
A few points about the transfer window on 07:56 - Sep 1 with 3467 viewsDr_Winston

A few points about the transfer window on 07:53 - Sep 1 by awayjack

Why are people so blind and can't add together a few numbers? Nice for club to make a 'little profit'. Christ, we've made £30m+ profit on player sales this window, slashed our wages by £20m+ and will get extra £20m+ from Sky. That's extra £70m in profit. Our greedy ones may pay this in directors bonuses, big consulting fees and shareholder dividends, but the profit turnaround is a huge amount of money. My bet is they'll use high one off profits as basis to sell the club. Which bit bit of those three simple numbers don't you understand?

I'd like to see the citiation for slashing our wages by £20m+.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

A few points about the transfer window on 08:27 - Sep 1 with 3383 viewsmagicdaps10

Agree with all but the 20m off the wage bill is interesting!!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

A few points about the transfer window on 08:30 - Sep 1 with 3370 viewsLoyal

A few points about the transfer window on 07:00 - Sep 1 by somersetsimon

Running a football club isn't like working out your money from work mate.

Yes we will see, but using that old John Hollins analogy will only bring tears when you 'actually see'

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

A few points about the transfer window on 08:39 - Sep 1 with 3335 viewsraynor94

A few points about the transfer window on 07:53 - Sep 1 by awayjack

£20 million+ on wages! You sure about that figure?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

A few points about the transfer window on 08:48 - Sep 1 with 3312 viewsjedijack

A few points about the transfer window on 07:32 - Sep 1 by Nirvana

I do think it could have been far, far worse, 247, but pretending this was a "very good" window is just not true.

Bony was a great player for us, and I have many fond memories of him and Siggy playing some fantastic football together. But, the truth is he disappointed at Man City (no matter what some will say on here about holdup play and all that) enough to be loaned to Stoke, and he was a massive failure there, any way you look at it. Swapping Llorente for him is a dangerous game to play. We only got £12m for Fernando anyway, far lower than the £20m figure some were throwing around on here to justify him being sold. If we go down, and I'm not saying or hoping we will just stating a reality of ours for several seasons now, that £12m looks a very small consolation prize. At the same time, I genuinely hope Bony will come good, and I'm not just saying that. I support the club, he's now a Swan, therefore I support him.

Moving on, had anyone heard or thought of Clucas before the transfer, at all? Not really. Throw in £16.5m and it's going to take a lot for him to live up to what's expected of him and his pricetag. To be clear, I have a lot of faith in the guy and have said so several times, but this is reality. Sanches is a phenomenal get by the club, but like you said before it's not like this kind of thing will happen every year. And even so, it's only because Clement is the manager in the first place, absolutely no way Sanches would be with us otherwise. Mesa is proven quality, though, and he will be an immense player for us moving forward. Great buy early in the window, but we should've had a few more like it.

And, big picture, if PC leaves after this season, there goes all those superb, high-level contacts he has and we're back to square one. We could've and should've purchased someone of real quality while PC is still here. Hopefully it'll happen in January, but that's not looking likely at this point. Also, as you've stated, we really needed a quality RB, and I would've liked to see a creative attacker come in, we are extremely light in those departments.

Just my opinion, though, you are more than welcome to disagree.

I watched this Bony interview a few months back. He mentions a "Chinese clause" being invoked in his Stoke contact.

A few points about the transfer window on 09:03 - Sep 1 with 3270 viewsNirvana

A few points about the transfer window on 08:48 - Sep 1 by jedijack

I watched this Bony interview a few months back. He mentions a "Chinese clause" being invoked in his Stoke contact.

I'm sorry, haven't had coffee yet, Jedi. (Great username, BTW)

Can you provide a bit more clarity to your post?
A few points about the transfer window on 09:10 - Sep 1 with 3236 viewsjedijack

A few points about the transfer window on 09:03 - Sep 1 by Nirvana

I'm sorry, haven't had coffee yet, Jedi. (Great username, BTW)

Can you provide a bit more clarity to your post?

Thank you. (Yours ain't bad either) :)

You could watch the first 5 mins of the video, but in a nutshell he's talking about this Chinese clause (whatever that is) being invoked in the Stoke contract, and him not being selected after.
A few points about the transfer window on 09:10 - Sep 1 with 3235 viewsMo_Wives

A few points about the transfer window on 08:48 - Sep 1 by jedijack

Did someone say 'Chinese Claus'?...

Good luck, Mr Cooper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024