Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something Missing!!! 07:49 - Sep 10 with 2354 viewsNDGN82

I have a few points/questions largely about yesterday's game but about baffling decisions as well:

1) Kitching - a few seemed to praise him yesterday but for me he's a waste of a player playing in midfield. He can't really pass, tackle, create chances or do anything all that well and definitely went missing for a big chunk of the game. Would have had rathbone on far sooner.

2) Done - he hasn't yet played (barring the odd 5 mins or so towards the end of a game when subs have allowed) to play in the position that made him so popular and got him a hat full of goals. Even yesterday he was deeper than Davies. Done should, without doubt, be on that last man throughout the whole game pestering them to death with his runs and forcing mistakes out of defenders. A Matty Done in that position is an absolute menice. In any other position, he is bang average. It's up to KH to realise this which for some reason he hasn't done 6 games in.

3) Davies - he is a quality striker but as yet isn't even getting a sniff at goal. He would thrive off balls into the box. How many times did we cross the ball in from wide areas yesterday? Yet we let Blackburn cross it in at will

4) McNulty - still, for me, one of the worst central defenders I have seen to grace a professional football field. He is so out of position, other defenders are dragged out making them look almost as bad. Replace McNulty, and it would be a whole different defence.

Maybe it's just me but surely, surely, KH can see what's going on. Hopefully he will make the minor changes needed before it's too late this season
Something Missing!!! on 08:27 - Sep 10 with 2279 viewsroccydaleian

Well this is the dilemma I suppose in that we all see things differently.
1, Thought Kitching played ok yesterday in his preferred position in midfield, and did what would have been the pass of the day but for a last ditch block by a Rover's defender.
2, Done, has brought absolutely nothing to the table so far and some of his final ball decision making has been woeful. Much better to come I hope.
3, Davies like you say needs service, JB put a few crosses from the left yesterday, but not really of any quality, will improve with match fitness I think. Absolutely nothing seemed to come from the right hand side.
4, Thouht big Jim and McGahey played ok yesterday. Certainly seen far worse than McNulty in a Dale shirt.
Up the Dale.
Something Missing!!! on 14:11 - Sep 10 with 2005 viewssandy_dale

I'm adamant that Jim has caught Hilly doing the dirty or something! How he has made as many appearance for us as he has done is beyond me!
Something Missing!!! on 16:06 - Sep 10 with 1853 viewsShun

Something Missing!!! on 14:11 - Sep 10 by sandy_dale

I'm adamant that Jim has caught Hilly doing the dirty or something! How he has made as many appearance for us as he has done is beyond me!

I actually thought McNulty was ok yesterday. I couldn't see much of him in the second half but in the first I was quite impressed.
Something Missing!!! on 09:20 - Sep 11 with 1549 viewsKnowlesy

I'm a big critic of McNulty but this season he hasn't done an awful lot wrong at all. We've already kept a couple of clean sheets and I feel like our problems so far are the polar opposite of what I expected, I thought we'd be losing 3-2 or winning 4-3 every week but actually we've kept a couple of clean sheets and are struggling at the other end.

I'm more than happy to give Jim a stay of execution for now until he gives reason otherwise, Keith obviously sees a player in him and hopefully he's cut out his ridiculous decision making and mistakes for this season. Just need to give those in the final third a kick up the arse now.
Something Missing!!! on 11:03 - Sep 11 with 1429 viewsD_Alien

Something Missing!!! on 09:20 - Sep 11 by Knowlesy

I'm a big critic of McNulty but this season he hasn't done an awful lot wrong at all. We've already kept a couple of clean sheets and I feel like our problems so far are the polar opposite of what I expected, I thought we'd be losing 3-2 or winning 4-3 every week but actually we've kept a couple of clean sheets and are struggling at the other end.

I'm more than happy to give Jim a stay of execution for now until he gives reason otherwise, Keith obviously sees a player in him and hopefully he's cut out his ridiculous decision making and mistakes for this season. Just need to give those in the final third a kick up the arse now.

Agree with that. Also thought Jim wore the armband well (in difficult match circumstances) and possibly boosted his performance slightly. He can keep wearing it for me

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Something Missing!!! on 11:06 - Sep 11 with 1414 viewsShun

Something Missing!!! on 11:03 - Sep 11 by D_Alien

Agree with that. Also thought Jim wore the armband well (in difficult match circumstances) and possibly boosted his performance slightly. He can keep wearing it for me

I thought the same. It was notable that after Blackburn's second goal the only two players trying to raise everybody's heads and keep the motivation up were McNulty and McGahey.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024