Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No money 21:39 - Oct 26 with 17062 viewsmagicdaps10

Been told by two people in the last 24 hours that the word from within the club is that there is no money.

They are not seriously that dull or even ignorant to attempt to filter this to the fans!?!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

No money on 22:42 - Oct 26 with 2888 viewsDarran

No money on 22:40 - Oct 26 by E20Jack

It was never claimed let along become a myth.

It was simply assumed by the fanbase.

Well I wouldn't exactly say it was assumed by the fanbase when the Chairman said they had to sell to take the club to the next level but I see where you are coming from.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2017 22:47]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

No money on 22:45 - Oct 26 with 2884 viewsE20Jack

No money on 22:24 - Oct 26 by Kilkennyjack

When we first got to the Prem, many people thought our club was now safe for a lifetime.
Just one season of riches would bring that security.

Wtf has happened after 7 years for us to have no money ?
That would take mismanagement on a mind boggling scale.

It just cant be right mun.

I would love to meet some of those ''many people'' they sound like fun characters.

When you go up, so do expenses. Having £100m isn't a lot when your outgoings have to be similar inn order to remain at the level to get it.

Our player purchases are offset by player sales. This is why I have been banging on about resale for seemingly ever. If Llorente left for free next year we would have bugger all to replace him with so eventually delaying the inevitable. We had to gamble and replace him with someone good enough to command such a fee.

Whether Bony is is another question all together. But the fact is Llorente had to go, as did Gylfi. I would say we have around £15m for January. Nothing more. That doesn't include the money to acquire the stadium lease - or pay off and hire managers if some get their way beforehand.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

No money on 22:48 - Oct 26 with 2861 viewsPozuelosSideys

No money on 22:45 - Oct 26 by E20Jack

I would love to meet some of those ''many people'' they sound like fun characters.

When you go up, so do expenses. Having £100m isn't a lot when your outgoings have to be similar inn order to remain at the level to get it.

Our player purchases are offset by player sales. This is why I have been banging on about resale for seemingly ever. If Llorente left for free next year we would have bugger all to replace him with so eventually delaying the inevitable. We had to gamble and replace him with someone good enough to command such a fee.

Whether Bony is is another question all together. But the fact is Llorente had to go, as did Gylfi. I would say we have around £15m for January. Nothing more. That doesn't include the money to acquire the stadium lease - or pay off and hire managers if some get their way beforehand.

Spot on.

The question people should be asking is "are we getting value for money in our inbound transfers"..

And the answer is a resounding NO.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

No money on 22:50 - Oct 26 with 2846 viewsE20Jack

No money on 22:42 - Oct 26 by Darran

Well I wouldn't exactly say it was assumed by the fanbase when the Chairman said they had to sell to take the club to the next level but I see where you are coming from.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2017 22:47]

He was right. We were a joke in the commercial department. In all departments off the field in fact.

Due to FFP and the fact we have no direct external investment, we can only spend what we receive. The old board could not continue to keep us operational at this level as they were so far behind in off field revenues.

Selling was certainly essential to take us to the next level. I will never have a go at Jenkins for that statement because I also believe it to be correct. However they could have ensured that we were sold to the right people, where as they didn't seem to care and wanted their money ASAP.

Yes he was clever about his language in terms of ''investment'' and ''next level'' but it was also pretty transparent even at the time that it was simply a share sale and what those comments were directed at. At no point did I ever take them as many seemed to (and amazingly still do)
[Post edited 26 Oct 2017 22:52]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

No money on 22:51 - Oct 26 with 2837 viewsDarran

No money on 22:50 - Oct 26 by E20Jack

He was right. We were a joke in the commercial department. In all departments off the field in fact.

Due to FFP and the fact we have no direct external investment, we can only spend what we receive. The old board could not continue to keep us operational at this level as they were so far behind in off field revenues.

Selling was certainly essential to take us to the next level. I will never have a go at Jenkins for that statement because I also believe it to be correct. However they could have ensured that we were sold to the right people, where as they didn't seem to care and wanted their money ASAP.

Yes he was clever about his language in terms of ''investment'' and ''next level'' but it was also pretty transparent even at the time that it was simply a share sale and what those comments were directed at. At no point did I ever take them as many seemed to (and amazingly still do)
[Post edited 26 Oct 2017 22:52]

Indeed.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

No money on 22:51 - Oct 26 with 2839 viewsdonkonky

Surely the Trust have access to the overall financial position. Maybe someone from the trust board could comment on the state of play.
No money on 23:14 - Oct 26 with 2778 viewsGaryjack

No money on 22:51 - Oct 26 by donkonky

Surely the Trust have access to the overall financial position. Maybe someone from the trust board could comment on the state of play.

Well i would assume so seeing one of the main reasons behind 'selling' the acceptance of the deal offered by the yanks to it's members, was that they would have full knowledge of the clubs finances, commercial activities, purchase of the lease etc. Though my personal view is whatever is going at the club, wtf can they do about it anyway, whether they know what's going down or not?
No money on 23:20 - Oct 26 with 2757 viewsmax936

No money on 22:51 - Oct 26 by donkonky

They won't, because they simply don't communicate anything, the only voice we hear from any form of Management at the club is relayed by the Head Coach, we don't hear anything else from Jenkins or his chums in the Trust, its shocking, but hardly surprising.
Oh my mistake Jenkins did go to a back slapping event the other week at Ceredigion.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

No money on 23:26 - Oct 26 with 2748 viewsairedale

Why are people so concerned about the business of private companies? All us punters do is go and watch the matches.
No money on 23:32 - Oct 26 with 2737 viewsKilkennyjack

No money on 22:45 - Oct 26 by E20Jack

Maybe they are the same people who could see ahead to this .....

‘The Swans among the elite in the world game when their reported revenue of €132.8m saw them placed in 26 of the 2016 Deloitte Money League, above the likes of Italian giants Napoli’.

I guess these people had a valid point after all ?

You cleary dont agree that the 26th richest club in the world (pretty recently) should not have money worries if the business was managed professionally.

Beware of the Risen People

No money on 23:39 - Oct 26 with 2712 viewsPozuelosSideys

No money on 23:32 - Oct 26 by Kilkennyjack

Maybe they are the same people who could see ahead to this .....

‘The Swans among the elite in the world game when their reported revenue of €132.8m saw them placed in 26 of the 2016 Deloitte Money League, above the likes of Italian giants Napoli’.

I guess these people had a valid point after all ?

You cleary dont agree that the 26th richest club in the world (pretty recently) should not have money worries if the business was managed professionally.

Its the PL mate. Why do you think most players aspire to come here? Its because outside of Barca and Real Madrid, we pay players the most in Europe. Look at all the transfer fees - again, the highest outside the Spain 2 and PSG.

The PL is a mugs game for the rich players and their agents and the billionaire owners. The only way clubs like ours can compete is by being different and with excellent recruitment policies and plans.

Sadly we have lost this nouse and now just pay loads of money to bang average players instead.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

No money on 23:48 - Oct 26 with 2689 viewsmajorraglan

After the the close seasons sales, off loading of players, reduction in the wage bill and the increase in to money I am a bit surprised to hear the club has "no money". I don't for 1 minute expect the club to be rolling in money, but I thought there would be a surplus and some cash left over for January.

The club has come a long way in a relatively short time and a lot of money has been invested in infrastructure re the academy and training facilities, but, it has to be said some of the clubs precious resources could have been put to better use.

The club has had 4/5 mangerial teams over the last few years, several f which have been dispensed with and no doubt been paid off. Whilst some of the player sales have turned a tidy profit, there have also been some poor transfers with quite a few turning out to be poor acquisitions, how much has been wasted on poor transfers? There isn't a magic wand and any transfer has potential to turn bad, however over the last few years the frequency of poor transfers seems to have increased.

The club seems to have lost its way, once there was a style of football and the "sum" of the team was greater than the value of its individual components. I hope I am wrong, but I think there are some really tough times ahead.
No money on 05:57 - Oct 27 with 2610 viewsMeraki

No money on 23:26 - Oct 26 by airedale

Why are people so concerned about the business of private companies? All us punters do is go and watch the matches.

I guess people are worried about the future of the club they have supported all their lives.
No money on 07:08 - Oct 27 with 2561 viewsairedale

No money on 05:57 - Oct 27 by Meraki

I guess people are worried about the future of the club they have supported all their lives.

Good news for them then, the club will be here long after we've all gone.
No money on 07:09 - Oct 27 with 2560 viewsclloy2

No money on 22:48 - Oct 26 by PozuelosSideys

Spot on.

The question people should be asking is "are we getting value for money in our inbound transfers"..

And the answer is a resounding NO.

This is the issue and the gripe that most fans are voicing. Its as if the person/people in charge of the football side of the club (and thats hugely important given the league were in) don't have a bloody clue, and are 100% out of their depth. Its not as if we haven't been spending reasonable amounts of money, the replacements (inbound) are not improving the team, whilst many of those that remain, are too old/poor and should have been progressively replaced over the past two seasons. The upshot of all this is that we have the poorest squad since we have been in the prem, and this is our 7th, season.Football wise, we are run like a league 2 team, and a certain person is on very good money to ensure this doesn't happen.
No money on 07:32 - Oct 27 with 2529 viewsswan65split

where theres muck.theres brass..............................and greed
No money on 07:35 - Oct 27 with 2520 viewsswan65split

No money?......................................that means we are stuck with PC..God help us!

Its been wasted by bad management and buying then? sack Pinocchio.
No money on 08:02 - Oct 27 with 2481 viewsDewi1jack

No money on 22:26 - Oct 26 by Wingstandwood

I bet we do not know arf of what has gone behind close doors!

Nor does our Trust apparently.
Or if they do, they're becoming less communicative about everything, than they were after the shake up

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

No money on 08:06 - Oct 27 with 2479 viewsawayjack

No money on 23:26 - Oct 26 by airedale

Sadly many supporters think like this. Don't care if club goes bankrupt or out of existence. Smart.
No money on 08:11 - Oct 27 with 2467 viewsChippy69

No money on 08:06 - Oct 27 by awayjack

Sadly many supporters think like this. Don't care if club goes bankrupt or out of existence. Smart.

This
A lot of supporters don't give a rats ass ,and will be first out of the gates when the last prem football Is kicked,

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

No money on 08:23 - Oct 27 with 2440 viewsmagicdaps10

No money on 21:50 - Oct 26 by Darran

If MD10 says something go the opposite.
This obviously means we are minted.

All Tom Foolery aside, have you not heard or been told the same!?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

No money on 08:38 - Oct 27 with 2413 viewsDewi1jack

No money on 08:11 - Oct 27 by Chippy69

This
A lot of supporters don't give a rats ass ,and will be first out of the gates when the last prem football Is kicked,

And that is when the club will realise that the Trust supporters, the "old skool" supporters who had whip arounds down the Vetch, bought bonds etc, the lads and lasses who were going home and away in L4/ L3/ Championship/ sh1tty Tuesday night cup games couldn't give a fug anymore.
Purely and simply because they're fed up of being mugged off by thieving b'stards.

No-one foresaw Pompeys' mess when they were in the Prem.
We've seen the inside of the receivers court as well- could easily happen again with the wrong people in charge of income and expenditure.
£100+ million for being in the prem from the nice TV people
£16+ Million for being in the Championship from the nice TV people

Even if the squad take a 50% cut in wages (as their contracts used to include. Not sure they still do or don't) bet Beaky and the Yanks won't
Or all the extra staff we've taken on.
Lay them off? Compo claims etc
Parachute payments won't go far as our uncle Vinny found out at our cousins playpen.

Not forgetting we were laughing at them and his loans of £1 million a month at 7% interest.
We could be in a far worse state if/ when we're relegated- at the start of every season, everyone except the top 6 or 7 clubs look at relegation first.
Not sure Everton fans ever did until now though

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

No money on 09:09 - Oct 27 with 2375 viewsNOTRAC

It is going to be interesting to see where the money for the Stadium lease purchase is going to come from.Outside investment? Loans more likely.
We are being run by people who have not invested a penny in the club itself.Even big nose had his millions after taking out four times his original relatively small investment from dividends, money which should have been kept in the club funds if he had the club at heart and not his own greedy intentions.
We make great fun of Tan and Cardiff , but at least that guy put over £100m of his own money into the club.
Since 2002 the total outside investment (excluding commercial loans) in our club comes to under £1m, all of which was paid back fourfold by dividends even before they sold their shares.
Since we have been in the Premiership we have received over £600m in Revenue.
Not to have been able to have advanced both financially and positionally from that income source is frankly disgraceful.
We have completely lost our sense of direction.
Originally it was to aim for the Premiership.Once achieved this deteriorated to running the club to make personal financial gains for the very people who were supposedly the club saviours.
Now we appear to be a survival club with the only aim being further financial gain for the new owners.
In a recent speech Alex Ferguson stated that he never worried about the next season.It was the next five seasons that he worried about.We don't seem to know what is happening from week to week.
We have been led astray ,and it is so unfair on the real people that make up this great club of ours, us the real fans.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

No money on 09:17 - Oct 27 with 2356 viewswhiterock

No money on 08:02 - Oct 27 by Dewi1jack

Nor does our Trust apparently.
Or if they do, they're becoming less communicative about everything, than they were after the shake up

To be fair, the Trust can't come on here and tell us detail

All I hope is that we are identifying the players needed now so that come January 1st we swoop. If you are reading this HJ, please don't let 3/4 games to slip by in January.
No money on 09:59 - Oct 27 with 2279 viewsMoscowJack

A few things......

Someone comes on here and says something along the lines of "my mate's granny's friend said...." and everyone believes it???? Come on......!

The fact is that the old Board only spent what they had (unless they were desperate and either got a serviceable (while in the PL) overdraft or borrowed against future transfer revenues) and the new owners have basically done exactly the same.

There's almost nothing new, except that HJ and LD are still working for the club but have multi-millionaire statuses.

I fully expect that we've still got available to spend what's leftover from Gylfi and Llorente's sales, with maybe a little more if we're that desperate (which I think we may be come Jan).

What I'm more worried about is who's spending the money and choosing the players. Despite all the hype around Sanches' signing (see as a major coup by many including me), the stats for his time at Bayern suggested his signing was a huge risk and it's proving to be one that isn't working. For every Michu, there's a dozen that have failed and Sanches doesn't look like he's going to be the saviour everyone hoped for. There's still time for him to shine, of course, but does our system encourage creative players? Does our manager coach the creativity out of players like Sanches and Mesa?

We do have some talented and experienced players in the squad - Fab, Fede, Mawson, Olssen, Ki, Leon, Mesa (hopefully), Fer (usually), Ayew, Tammy and Wilf are all quite good. It's not a bad basis for a team, but there's a spark missing. LT10 was, Jason Scotland was, Scott Sinclair was that spark in the year we got promoted, Michu was when he arrived, Bony was for a while and even Gomis showed a bit of promise.....but we're lacking it now. Teams don't look at us and fear one player anymore, let alone two or three.

Part of this, in my opinion, is poor recruitment and poor management. PC is to blame for one half and HJ the other. If PC is going to be fired, then so should Jenkins be. He's failed for far too long now, both with player signings and managerial signings and that's not even to mention his screwing of the Trust and all the 'investment' or 'next level' pledges he's made.

Even if we have £50m to spend, which I very much doubt, I don't trust Jenkins to spend it well nor PC to get the best out of any team unless we suddenly get extra points for being drab, boring and lacking in ambition.

I want our passing game back. I want our width back. I want average players to look good again, because collectively they are when they play for the right manager and have the right group ethic.

Have a look at our starting XI vs Man City in our first ever PL game to see the difference between our over-paid primadonnas and a group of very hard-working professionals desperately loving life at the top table.

I doubt Brendan or Roberto would come back, but that's what we need right now.....before it's too late.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024