Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"disgusted" (x3) 23:34 - Dec 9 with 6402 viewsYorkshire_Dale

The post match youtube interview by Mr Hill says it's the most disappointed he's been as Manager at Rochdale after today's show at VP........the text version however goes that little bit further saying he is disgusted (three times) yet again blaming poor decision-making .

What's a boy got to do to sort it out?
"disgusted" (x3) on 00:01 - Dec 10 with 4857 views49thseason

Stop playing McNulty, get Keith Keene fit and playing in front of a back four. Prepare for a lot of shape shifting in January. Clear out Inman, Slew, Cananvan, Brown, Daniels and maybe Davis if he cant do 90 minutes. Sign a left sided centre half who can actually defend and a big forward with pace who can play 90 minutes and be effective and a winger to feed him crosses.
"disgusted" (x3) on 00:07 - Dec 10 with 4835 viewsrochdale_ranger

I was more disgusted with some of our fans bickering and telling each other to get outside after Bradford’s first goal. Our defending at set pieces is shocking but in the second half we showed some spunk and played some of the best football we have played all season. Getting beat off a team that will probably be in the championship next season is no disgrace.
"disgusted" (x3) on 00:53 - Dec 10 with 4778 viewsrochdaleriddler

"disgusted" (x3) on 00:07 - Dec 10 by rochdale_ranger

I was more disgusted with some of our fans bickering and telling each other to get outside after Bradford’s first goal. Our defending at set pieces is shocking but in the second half we showed some spunk and played some of the best football we have played all season. Getting beat off a team that will probably be in the championship next season is no disgrace.

Our defence is crap

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

"disgusted" (x3) on 01:06 - Dec 10 with 4771 viewsrochdaleriddler

Don't give a flying one about bury, stop obsessing

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

"disgusted" (x3) on 01:14 - Dec 10 with 4759 viewsDaleFan7

"disgusted" (x3) on 00:07 - Dec 10 by rochdale_ranger

If Bradford get promoted this season, they'll get butchered every week in the Championship. They are no great shakes.
"disgusted" (x3) on 02:30 - Dec 10 with 4697 viewsTVOS1907

"disgusted" (x3) on 01:06 - Dec 10 by rochdaleriddler

Don't give a flying one about bury, stop obsessing

Eh?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

"disgusted" (x3) on 04:07 - Dec 10 with 4668 viewsShun

"disgusted" (x3) on 00:01 - Dec 10 by 49thseason

Stop playing McNulty, get Keith Keene fit and playing in front of a back four. Prepare for a lot of shape shifting in January. Clear out Inman, Slew, Cananvan, Brown, Daniels and maybe Davis if he cant do 90 minutes. Sign a left sided centre half who can actually defend and a big forward with pace who can play 90 minutes and be effective and a winger to feed him crosses.

Inman?!
"disgusted" (x3) on 10:43 - Dec 10 with 4310 viewsPotterDale

"disgusted" (x3) on 04:07 - Dec 10 by Shun

Inman?!

Slew?
Daniels?
Login to get fewer ads

"disgusted" (x3) on 11:03 - Dec 10 with 4262 viewsColDale

We tried to work out the loan periods for each of the loanees

We reckjoned it was JD Williams (january), Inman (end of season), Daniels (end of season)
"disgusted" (x3) on 11:54 - Dec 10 with 4154 viewsTVOS1907

"disgusted" (x3) on 11:03 - Dec 10 by ColDale

We tried to work out the loan periods for each of the loanees

We reckjoned it was JD Williams (january), Inman (end of season), Daniels (end of season)

I'm not sure we'll be seeing MJ Williams again.

"disgusted" (x3) on 12:24 - Dec 10 with 4112 viewsrafc1984

"disgusted" (x3) on 11:54 - Dec 10 by TVOS1907

I'm not sure we'll be seeing MJ Williams again.

How come?
"disgusted" (x3) on 12:25 - Dec 10 with 4107 viewsrochdale_ranger

"disgusted" (x3) on 01:14 - Dec 10 by DaleFan7

If Bradford get promoted this season, they'll get butchered every week in the Championship. They are no great shakes.

Bradford were very unlucky to be beaten by Millwall in the playoff final last season I would put them in the same bracket as Wigan and Rovers. There is a wealth of difference between a poor championship side and a poor league one side.
"disgusted" (x3) on 12:30 - Dec 10 with 4086 viewsTVOS1907

"disgusted" (x3) on 12:24 - Dec 10 by rafc1984

How come?

We haven't seen him since Plymouth for some reason, so I'm just putting two and two together.

"disgusted" (x3) on 12:48 - Dec 10 with 4063 viewsdawlishdale

Haven't been to a game for a while now, since breaking my ankle several weeks ago. I was debating trying to drive up yesterday but having seen the weather forecast, decided not to.

It's the same old story I'm afraid. I listened (intermittantly due to the crap service again on I follow) and have watched the extended highlights.

Bottom line:

We can't defend set pieces and we give too many stupid stupid fouls away that lead to defending set pieces which we can't do.

We also lack a passer in central midfield...someone who rarely gives the ball away and can link up play accurately (you know...like Jamie Allen) I like Ollie, but he isn't a passer, more a ratter.

Until Hill admits that selling Jamie Allen (under contract and young enough for us to get money if he chose to go at the end of the season) was a mistake and moreso that giving Jim (already under contract) an extended deal was a huge mistake, we will struggle.

It's ironic that Hill was a no nonsense lower league centre half, yet his achillies heel is the centre of defence.

In the Daleplayer interview, Hill rightly lambasts the players without naming them. I'd guess that he is angry at Lillis (at fault for goals 2 and 4) Rafferty (how often does he commit stupid fouls?) and McNulty (looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights when sefending set pieces)

Mc Nulty was subbed at half time, but then Lillis rushes out when he shouldn't have done, and we lose again after scoring 3 times away from home.

Hill now says that the answer is to spend more money, but he also says that we don't have any money.

Question time then. Where has the Hogan money gone to? Where has the Allen money gone to?

I'm genuinely worried that we need 3 players in January or we could end up relegated, which will cost us about £1m in revenue next season...far more than the money we got for Allen.

Hoping to come up next week. Hoping for a win as always.
"disgusted" (x3) on 13:01 - Dec 10 with 4023 viewsrafc1984

"disgusted" (x3) on 12:30 - Dec 10 by TVOS1907

We haven't seen him since Plymouth for some reason, so I'm just putting two and two together.

Ah right. Shame that, he was a decent player. Maybe a falling out then, I had just assumed he was injured.
If it is a falling out, it's gone under the radar, as I work with a Liverpool season ticket holder who knows his stuff, and he's not mentioned anything.
"disgusted" (x3) on 13:13 - Dec 10 with 3988 viewsTVOS1907

"disgusted" (x3) on 13:01 - Dec 10 by rafc1984

Ah right. Shame that, he was a decent player. Maybe a falling out then, I had just assumed he was injured.
If it is a falling out, it's gone under the radar, as I work with a Liverpool season ticket holder who knows his stuff, and he's not mentioned anything.

I'm not sure whether it's a falling out or an injury, but something's amiss.

"disgusted" (x3) on 13:43 - Dec 10 with 3937 views442Dale

"disgusted" (x3) on 12:48 - Dec 10 by dawlishdale

Haven't been to a game for a while now, since breaking my ankle several weeks ago. I was debating trying to drive up yesterday but having seen the weather forecast, decided not to.

It's the same old story I'm afraid. I listened (intermittantly due to the crap service again on I follow) and have watched the extended highlights.

Bottom line:

We can't defend set pieces and we give too many stupid stupid fouls away that lead to defending set pieces which we can't do.

We also lack a passer in central midfield...someone who rarely gives the ball away and can link up play accurately (you know...like Jamie Allen) I like Ollie, but he isn't a passer, more a ratter.

Until Hill admits that selling Jamie Allen (under contract and young enough for us to get money if he chose to go at the end of the season) was a mistake and moreso that giving Jim (already under contract) an extended deal was a huge mistake, we will struggle.

It's ironic that Hill was a no nonsense lower league centre half, yet his achillies heel is the centre of defence.

In the Daleplayer interview, Hill rightly lambasts the players without naming them. I'd guess that he is angry at Lillis (at fault for goals 2 and 4) Rafferty (how often does he commit stupid fouls?) and McNulty (looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights when sefending set pieces)

Mc Nulty was subbed at half time, but then Lillis rushes out when he shouldn't have done, and we lose again after scoring 3 times away from home.

Hill now says that the answer is to spend more money, but he also says that we don't have any money.

Question time then. Where has the Hogan money gone to? Where has the Allen money gone to?

I'm genuinely worried that we need 3 players in January or we could end up relegated, which will cost us about £1m in revenue next season...far more than the money we got for Allen.

Hoping to come up next week. Hoping for a win as always.

Where has he said that about money?

We haven't recruited well enough, that's for sure.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

"disgusted" (x3) on 14:14 - Dec 10 with 3866 viewsnordenblue

"disgusted" (x3) on 13:01 - Dec 10 by rafc1984

He's allegedly got a long term injury,so no falling out it seems.....
"disgusted" (x3) on 19:54 - Dec 10 with 3546 views49thseason

"disgusted" (x3) on 04:07 - Dec 10 by Shun

Inman?!

Inman does not have a defensive side to his game, you can't play wingbacks if players are not prepared to fill the space as the wingback goes forward. Inman isn't.
Slew - 122 games prior to arriving at Rochdale 11 goals, he is now 25, pace? Not really, technically gifted? Not really. Better than Gillam? Nope.
Canavan: Now 26, should be in his prime but does not seem to have the technical quality Hill wants, Prone to mistakes, somehow doesn't solve the problem left side central defender position. Useful understudy to a new LHS defender?
Brown: Lacking the essential qualities to be a professional footballer. shocking signing.
Daniels: Better at CH than Rt back but does not solve the LHS problems as is right footed. probably signed to support Rafferty and McGahey but the latter has improved greatly and is now probably the first defensive pick on the team sheet. Having said that I prefer Daniels to McNulty!
"disgusted" (x3) on 23:41 - Dec 10 with 3338 viewsRespectTheChemistry

"disgusted" (x3) on 13:43 - Dec 10 by 442Dale

In his post match interview on iFollow, he said that some players are repeatedly failing to follow instructions and the only option that leaves is to spend money on new players but there isn't any money available and the current budget is the highest ever and the club will not take unnecessary financial risks.

He is clearly very frustrated and disappointed and went on to suggest that perhaps the succession of players he has been able to recruit within the confines of the available budget that can perform to the required standard has temporarily come to an end and the club has hit a "stagnant patch".

This raises two very important questions:

1. Are players of the required standard simply no longer available within the club's price bracket;

2. How much is the playing budget and what percentage of the transfer funds received are being made available for players' wages.
"disgusted" (x3) on 09:00 - Dec 11 with 3147 viewsdawlishdale

"disgusted" (x3) on 13:43 - Dec 10 by 442Dale

It's in the I follow full interview.

Hill also says that it's not his fault...some of the players just aren't getting the message.

He sounded really angry, and disappointed with some of the players. However, they are HIS players, and therefore, some responsibility rests with him.
"disgusted" (x3) on 09:33 - Dec 11 with 3109 viewsnordenblue

"disgusted" (x3) on 09:00 - Dec 11 by dawlishdale

Hill also says that it's not his fault...some of the players just aren't getting the message.

He sounded really angry, and disappointed with some of the players. However, they are HIS players, and therefore, some responsibility rests with him.

If he contually picks them knowingly they don't follow his instructions I'm afraid the faults fully his
"disgusted" (x3) on 10:03 - Dec 11 with 3067 viewspioneer

"disgusted" (x3) on 23:41 - Dec 10 by RespectTheChemistry

In his post match interview on iFollow, he said that some players are repeatedly failing to follow instructions and the only option that leaves is to spend money on new players but there isn't any money available and the current budget is the highest ever and the club will not take unnecessary financial risks.

He is clearly very frustrated and disappointed and went on to suggest that perhaps the succession of players he has been able to recruit within the confines of the available budget that can perform to the required standard has temporarily come to an end and the club has hit a "stagnant patch".

This raises two very important questions:

1. Are players of the required standard simply no longer available within the club's price bracket;

2. How much is the playing budget and what percentage of the transfer funds received are being made available for players' wages.

Given we have been led to believe by some posters that a % of transfer fees goes to the man himself, clearly that share is not being made available for paying players.
"disgusted" (x3) on 10:08 - Dec 11 with 3059 viewspioneer

"disgusted" (x3) on 09:00 - Dec 11 by dawlishdale

When has anything that has gone wrong ever been his fault? I hope this pattern of behaviour does not continue. I suppose we should be glad he is not blaming the fans as on other occasions, but if he continues with laying all the blame on players he risks losing the players respect and confidence, and we all know what that leads to.

So much for team rochdale.
"disgusted" (x3) on 10:58 - Dec 11 with 2996 viewsnordenblue

"disgusted" (x3) on 10:03 - Dec 11 by pioneer

Given we have been led to believe by some posters that a % of transfer fees goes to the man himself, clearly that share is not being made available for paying players.

Whilst I generally after with you on this,there is a counter argument where the manager or the players wouldn't sign to begin with if there wasnt a potential big carrot at the end of it for them....

Many of our big money outgoing transfers have come to us originally knowing that the club/manager won't stand in their way if/when a big move does comes in...we can't have it all ways though...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024