Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Williams 18:09 - Dec 23 with 3719 viewsmiddyman

Who actually watched this lad and thought he was worth 100, 000 grand did absolutely nothing
Williams on 18:16 - Dec 23 with 3676 viewsD_Alien

Sadly, he wasn't able to do what Hendo, Done, Inman and the rest weren't capable of doing

Making the move up a couple of leagues into a struggling side probably doesn't give us a true picture of his capabilities, but prima facie - no, not worth the layout

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Williams on 18:17 - Dec 23 with 3669 viewsToffeemanc

After the chance to start today and the performance he turned in I am now fully expecting him to be sent out on loan to a league two side in January. He is never going to progress by playing bit parts occasionally and needs a regular run of games which I don't think he has any chance of getting at the moment.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Williams on 18:46 - Dec 23 with 3557 viewsTipperaryDale

Struggling to see what his qualities are - looks like a deer in headlights with the ball, not particularly quick, and doesn't seem to possess the knack of being in the right place at the right time. Shows the gap between non-league and League One.
Williams on 19:04 - Dec 23 with 3465 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Just part of an abysmal summer recruitment........at least Williams is giving it a tiny bit of a go?

Who ever determined that Reece Brown was a footballer worthy of a deal,god knows.As he played just 3 games?

We've been robbed.
Williams on 20:42 - Dec 23 with 3248 viewsborodale

Williams on 19:04 - Dec 23 by Yorkshire_Dale

Just part of an abysmal summer recruitment........at least Williams is giving it a tiny bit of a go?

Who ever determined that Reece Brown was a footballer worthy of a deal,god knows.As he played just 3 games?

We've been robbed.

Lot of people making lots of money out off moving players around in football!!!!
Williams on 21:31 - Dec 23 with 3162 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Williams on 20:42 - Dec 23 by borodale

Lot of people making lots of money out off moving players around in football!!!!

Indeed,boro..........but Dale with our scrawny crowds can't afford to carry passengers like we are doing.

There must be half a dozen players we should ship out pronto.......
Williams on 23:03 - Dec 23 with 3049 viewsRippDale

Hill has always had lots of passengers in his squads but that has been covered by some real quality players. Unfortunately we now lack the quality and that will see us relegated unless we can sign proven players rather than the gambles
Williams on 23:41 - Dec 23 with 2965 views49thseason

We would have been better off with Donnelly playing today rather than Williams. He hardly managed to hit the net in the warm up never mind looked threatening in the game., no pace, no technique, no agression. Dreadful signing. Rafferty failed to put a single decent cross into the box and Bunney only managed one. We were second best all over the pitch, the only saving grace being they weren't much better. Once again we got in front and didnt win, I think thats about the 10th time this season.
The whole team looks short of a yard of pace, cant pick a pass and is scared to shoot. 50/50 tackles are half hearted or completely bottled, and the first reaction in possesion is to pass backwards. Its almost as if they want to be relegated. We are getttng to the "no guts no glory" point in the season. Unfortunately we are desperately lacking guts.
Login to get fewer ads

Williams on 16:02 - Dec 24 with 2645 viewsDaley_Lama

At a late point in the first half i saw our number 11 streaking away down the left, ball at his toes, RB backing off as to let him past would be a free run at goal and easy tap in for supporting striker.

It’s unfair to compare this lad with NML who would have roasted the RB, but when he turned 180 degrees and passed backwards I actually groaned out loud.

It was the perfect opportunity for him to either run at, or knock it past the RB to be able to create a real chance. They don’t come often.

Whether it is instruction, confidence or ability that held him back i do not know.

Poll: DF in or out

Williams on 16:18 - Dec 24 with 2614 viewsD_Alien

If we're in "supporters confessions v Walsall" mode, I confess to a subdued boo. This unfortunate exhalation occurred after McGahey had raced the length of the right wing and laid the ball off to Raff who... did absolutely nothing with it

Further to Williams; he'd had one run at the fullback, took him on and was dispossessed, which probably shot his confidence to do so again

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Williams on 18:28 - Dec 24 with 2446 views49thseason

Lets not forget, Williams 11 is not a callow youth, he is 25 years old and you might expect him to have more self belief and confidence than some of our younger players. Some might argue that he has only had a short career so far but his 59 games and 15 goals at Barrow must have been enough for someone to think he was worth a chance in League 1 but the price tag looks ridiculous from the performances we have seen so far, bearing in mind we paid a similar amount for O'Grady.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024