Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United 11:33 - Jan 3 with 16730 viewsRAFCBLUE

Our friends from Lower Gigg are tremendously excited that these two players are about to sign loan deals; though nothing formally confirmed yet.

Are we in for them too? Before casting aspersions on how our friends financially might be able to afford their wages, both are good players and look surplus to requirements at Sheffield where we have the connection of Matt Done.

Hanson would be a good target man option and Lavery is a great attacking option and a friend of Matty Lund and Callum Camps from their time with Northern Ireland.

Good options?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 11:38 - Jan 3 with 9205 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Great options, but there is no way on earth that we would consider such an outlay.

Chris Wilder was also bury assistant manager, so that trumps our Matty Done link I would have thought.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 11:38 - Jan 3 with 9202 viewsBURYFC_1885

Rumour has it 16 players are set to leave this window. How true that turns out to be remains to be seen. Furthermore, you couldn't possibly know if we are paying the wages of these players or not, the terms of the loan deal aren't disclosed in this detail. Could Bury potentially have struck a deal with Sheff U at a decent price in return for their current top scorer Leon Clarke?
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 11:44 - Jan 3 with 9174 viewsRAFCBLUE

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 11:38 - Jan 3 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Great options, but there is no way on earth that we would consider such an outlay.

Chris Wilder was also bury assistant manager, so that trumps our Matty Done link I would have thought.

Chris Wilder has dealt with us before.

Sheff United's board will want the best value for the player(s) concerned.

The consideration of whether we want to put up the outlay is one for our board and manager. We will be signing players in this window; at what cost is still to be determined.

Proven, or perceived proven, will be more expensive than unproven.

The balance against the cost of relegation will also be a factor.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 11:53 - Jan 3 with 9146 viewsChaffRAFC

Lets not get our hopes up.

The club have accepted relegation.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 12:12 - Jan 3 with 9068 viewskiwidale

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 11:53 - Jan 3 by ChaffRAFC

Lets not get our hopes up.

The club have accepted relegation.

well Chaff for someone like you with a long history on here and someone not known for knee jerk reactions or childish comments to say the club has accepted relegation is surprising. Are you suggesting the plan now is for div2 next season? irrespective of this transfer window?

This is not the time for bickering.

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 13:31 - Jan 3 with 8835 viewsChaffRAFC

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 12:12 - Jan 3 by kiwidale

well Chaff for someone like you with a long history on here and someone not known for knee jerk reactions or childish comments to say the club has accepted relegation is surprising. Are you suggesting the plan now is for div2 next season? irrespective of this transfer window?

That is my opinion yes. I would however, love to be proved wrong.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 13:47 - Jan 3 with 8768 viewsValleySaddler

Hanson reported as signed on loan by the Bucketeers...
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 13:47 - Jan 3 with 8769 viewsNorthernDale

If we sign anyone, it will be one of three options

1. A young kid sent out by a championship or premiership team to get experience, and would potentially struggle.
2. Somebody who cannot get into a struggling conference team or somebody from a team from the bottom half of league 2.
or KH favourite type of signing
3. A broken toy who KH thinks he cannot transform the career of and the along will become a pet project with Andrews, Nithe and Inman.

I would like to see somebody like Hanson here he is big, mobile and score goals, three things Calvin lacks, but we all know that KH likes to prove a point even if his inaction or inability to sign the right players, relegates us. As I have said before we can transform the season with 8 out of the next 10 league games being winnable if we have the right team and formation.
Login to get fewer ads

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 14:08 - Jan 3 with 8693 viewsSunningDale

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 13:47 - Jan 3 by NorthernDale

1. A young kid sent out by a championship or premiership team to get experience, and would potentially struggle.
2. Somebody who cannot get into a struggling conference team or somebody from a team from the bottom half of league 2.
3. A broken toy who KH thinks he cannot transform the career of and the along will become a pet project with Andrews, Nithe and Inman.

I would like to see somebody like Hanson here he is big, mobile and score goals, three things Calvin lacks, but we all know that KH likes to prove a point even if his inaction or inability to sign the right players, relegates us. As I have said before we can transform the season with 8 out of the next 10 league games being winnable if we have the right team and formation.

If we did sign him, would you refer to him as Hansons?

Poll: Should James1980 stop posting pointless polls that have been done to death?

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 14:27 - Jan 3 with 8629 viewsdawlishdale

A player who might be worth a loan move is young Connor Ronan who we sold to Wolves.

Local lad, attacking midfielder, and hopefully available to loan for a few months, as he's only getting limited chances in the first team at Wolves.

No doubt he'll end up loaned out somewhere else in L1, but I'd hope we are at least enquiring about him due to his links here.
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 14:29 - Jan 3 with 8617 viewsShun

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 14:27 - Jan 3 by dawlishdale

A player who might be worth a loan move is young Connor Ronan who we sold to Wolves.

Local lad, attacking midfielder, and hopefully available to loan for a few months, as he's only getting limited chances in the first team at Wolves.

No doubt he'll end up loaned out somewhere else in L1, but I'd hope we are at least enquiring about him due to his links here.

Ddb just reported that to he's gone to Portsmouth on loan.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 14:30]
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 14:32 - Jan 3 with 8594 viewsdawlishdale

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 14:29 - Jan 3 by Shun

Ddb just reported that to he's gone to Portsmouth on loan.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 14:30]

I don't think DDB is good enough for either us or Pompey

Having said that, I wonder if we enquired about Ronan coming here.
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 14:35 - Jan 3 with 8589 viewsdalenumber2

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 13:31 - Jan 3 by ChaffRAFC

That is my opinion yes. I would however, love to be proved wrong.

Well that's great, now I feel like I've been conned into buying a season ticket. Have I now got to sit through games like Blackpool/Walsall/Oxford for the rest of the season because we have given up?
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 20:06 - Jan 3 with 8258 viewsBigDaveMyCock

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 13:47 - Jan 3 by NorthernDale

Sorry but point 3 makes absolutely no fooking sense whatsoever.

Calvin is also quite tall.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 20:22]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 21:53 - Jan 3 with 8001 viewsmacro

Hanson with one goal in 15 this season has signed for bury as has Clarke again from Oldham.

Not bothered in the slightest with Hanson who has a worse strike rate this season than Calvin. Clarke might help shore things up at the back, decent player.
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 22:04 - Jan 3 with 7943 viewsBigDaveMyCock

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 21:53 - Jan 3 by macro

Hanson with one goal in 15 this season has signed for bury as has Clarke again from Oldham.

Not bothered in the slightest with Hanson who has a worse strike rate this season than Calvin. Clarke might help shore things up at the back, decent player.

Clarke on loan would have made a lot of sense. He’s just what’s so desperately needed.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 22:05]

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 22:05 - Jan 3 with 7931 viewsYorkshire_Dale

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 14:08 - Jan 3 by SunningDale

If we did sign him, would you refer to him as Hansons?

...as in Inmans?
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 22:12 - Jan 3 with 7895 viewsRAFCBLUE

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 21:53 - Jan 3 by macro

On paper, two decent League 1 players for bury in their relegation fight ahead of another "six-pointer" in the League at the weekend.

A positive is that Clarke's move weakens Oldham who themselves are not out of the woods yet.

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 22:16 - Jan 3 with 7878 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Clarke also has a decent goal record for a centre half.

Eeeeeeeeee do you remember when centre halfs used to go up for corners and sometimes score? Used to help us win games you know.

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 22:32 - Jan 3 with 7808 viewskiwidale

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 22:16 - Jan 3 by BigDaveMyCock

Clarke also has a decent goal record for a centre half.

Eeeeeeeeee do you remember when centre halfs used to go up for corners and sometimes score? Used to help us win games you know.

Your being silly now a goal scoring center half at Rochdale is laughable, in fact our best center half Mcgahey played full back (not for the first time either) and got subbed.

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 23:02 - Jan 3 with 7707 viewsNinco

So Bury and Oldham have made signings already, presumably doing all the scouting and paperwork before the transfer window opened, so they could get straight in there and complete the deal and all we get is hype from Jim McNulty about how we should get behind the players who took us to the bottom of the league.
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 23:22 - Jan 3 with 7660 viewskiwidale

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 23:02 - Jan 3 by Ninco

So Bury and Oldham have made signings already, presumably doing all the scouting and paperwork before the transfer window opened, so they could get straight in there and complete the deal and all we get is hype from Jim McNulty about how we should get behind the players who took us to the bottom of the league.

The lack of action even at this early stage in regards to loans or permanent signings is worrying me and others. Maybe that will be rectified by Friday? It beggars belief that player targets and their clubs have not been approached several weeks ago, The lack of any decisive action suggests to me that Hill will wait until the barrel has been scrapped before he acts hoping that a player will accept that its only us that's interested in him and his club will want to get shut to the point they will pay him up.

Your Sincerely.

Pissed off from Auckland.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 23:28]

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 23:31 - Jan 3 with 7634 viewsgeraldo

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 14:35 - Jan 3 by dalenumber2

Well that's great, now I feel like I've been conned into buying a season ticket. Have I now got to sit through games like Blackpool/Walsall/Oxford for the rest of the season because we have given up?

Sheff Wed are offering refunds to disgruntled season ticket holders and they are not in anywhere near the mess we are in. No doubt Russ would make a mess of this as well.......
James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 23:37 - Jan 3 with 7614 viewsTVOS1907

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 23:22 - Jan 3 by kiwidale

The lack of action even at this early stage in regards to loans or permanent signings is worrying me and others. Maybe that will be rectified by Friday? It beggars belief that player targets and their clubs have not been approached several weeks ago, The lack of any decisive action suggests to me that Hill will wait until the barrel has been scrapped before he acts hoping that a player will accept that its only us that's interested in him and his club will want to get shut to the point they will pay him up.

Your Sincerely.

Pissed off from Auckland.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 23:28]

"It beggars belief that player targets and their clubs have not been approached several weeks ago"

How do you know they haven't? None of us do yet.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 23:41 - Jan 3 with 7601 viewskiwidale

James Hanson and Caolan Lavery available from Sheff United on 23:31 - Jan 3 by geraldo

Sheff Wed are offering refunds to disgruntled season ticket holders and they are not in anywhere near the mess we are in. No doubt Russ would make a mess of this as well.......

Without wanting to rack over the coals on the issue but seeing as you mentioned it. In regards to the season ticket promotion, what a f*ck up that was.

I'm going to stop posting for a while I'm far to negative to add anything constructive I'm realising that I'm sounding like a right miserable sod.I hope to be back in a better frame of mind at the end of Jan when we are mid table and 4th round of t'cup.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 23:44]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024